test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - June 11, 2013

14567810»

Comments

• kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice patch notes for Tribble....but hmmm...could you guys really think about keeping Holodeck online for more than a day? Seriously...the daily server crashes are getting really bloody old at this point....more patches coming to live....and totally untested....i see Holodeck dying again real soon....sigh
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • aur7aur7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is my complaint:

These tasks are rediculously impossible to accomplish by small fleets.

THIS IS MY SOLUTION:
    Lower the cost of the small projects (like the departments in the starbase) but keep the cost to upgrade the entire holding.
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tk79 wrote: »
    Disable rotation of character on character selection screen./10char
    tk79 wrote: »
    :(

/10char

Me too :(... ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abyssinainabyssinain Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is the same problem with lockboxes, you people just aren't seeing it.

This holding isn't purely about dilithium discounts, yes you get them (which is very nice) but look at what you get on the side for the price/grinding you're paying.

1. Incredibly nice fleet armor consoles
    2. Really good fleet warp cores
    3. More dil dailies in what I presume to be a single spot, also conveniently close to the other dilithium mine to help farming go faster

Of course when you work towards only one singular goal and ignore everything else, its going to seem extraordinarily costly and ridiculous, like with lock-boxes (people opening them JUST to get a super rare item and writing off all the other shinies they get as nothing), just look at what else you're getting for the cost.

I for one am extremely excited for this new holding, those consoles and warp cores are really really good and I could really use em, along with a more centralized place to get dilithium quickly and easily.

Also please note that the dilithium discounts are still pretty significant, though yes if you look at the numbers it costs more than it overall saves, it isn't YOU paying it (unless you're an idiot running a 1 man fleet), its several people, if you divide that up the discounts generally mean less painful star base upgrading in the future for the work everyone puts in now, and you get goodies on the side too!
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh, Embassy has already proven that for small fleets, this is a joke.

For example, our Embassy T2 upgrade isn't moving at all, even though we've filled everything but the dilithium!

I've already made the decision to write off the Dil Mine except for unlocking the Advanced Fleet Cores, since it's been proven we don't have the resources in Dil to progress on this.

Not with all the other things we are working on that also require Dil.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    As a Manager deciding sales for a major chain in my past career I can tell you one thing for sure: consumers don't consider they are getting ANY kind of deal/benefit unless the discount is in the double digits.

Basic rule of thumb is sales start at bare minimum 10% - anything less in pointless as people preceive the opposite - that they are being ripped off.

So most sales actually begin at the 15% mark - like the Zen sales - more at the 20% mark like the ship sales.

I would strongly encourage Cryptic to get the discount above the single digit "it's worthless" threshold.

Bare minimum it should be 4% per tier for 12% total

However for maximum effect it shout be 5% per tier or 15% as people percieve 15% much higher - closer to 20 that 12% which is percieved as just barely above 10%

From the on-going outrage over the dilithium mine "discount" I would say it's more of a perception problem.

12% minumium would take some of this away- 15% would take almost all of it away.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I like the 5%, 10%, 15% ranges for about the reason posted by the person above me. 3% does not really feel like a discount, plus its a number thats really annoying to divide by, you get all sorts of odd remainders and partial reductions. With the current rates you will not see a reduction in doff costs until you are 2-3 tiers into the mine or your SB is tier 3 projects. Until then all the discounts are below 1, unless its rounded up you end up with no change in the Doff costs. 5% feels like an actual discount and divides into most of the costs easily.

15% at tier 3 would feel like a real reduction. People I've talked to feel that 9% is such a small reduction its not worth it. They will work on it for the consoles but consider the cost reductions just too small to add value.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rob2485 wrote: »
    All this looks good but are you planning on increasing the daily refining limit. Seriously I know that there is a cap for a reason but 8,000 per day has bugged me since I started refining Dilithium long ago.

I think the cap should be increased to double that amount.

There is a project via the Dil Mine to increase your Daily Dil refine limit... by 500, usable only once per char.
  • vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about adding an addition Thoilan Ground Battle to the Que inplace of jus kopy'ing the Nukara Prime mission. The latter sounds "lazier".

Also, the reward for not getting many 'optionals' on the Atmosphere Assault needs tobe toned down. You get around 10 Mark for a very hard/long battle. It's not even at par. And if sum1 disconnects or leaves the team... it's impossible to hit nuetralize all the targets before time runs put. Shuttle aren't that powerful, added most ppl have the default one.

-V

P.S. That Mine thing sounds a bit silly, but we will see.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    Oh, Embassy has already proven that for small fleets, this is a joke.

For example, our Embassy T2 upgrade isn't moving at all, even though we've filled everything but the dilithium!

I've already made the decision to write off the Dil Mine except for unlocking the Advanced Fleet Cores, since it's been proven we don't have the resources in Dil to progress on this.

Not with all the other things we are working on that also require Dil.

But the main difference between the Dilithium Mine and Embassy is that Mine upgrades don't need dilithium and the only upgrade project that does is the Fleet Shuttle project which is completely optional. So it costs about 2.5 million dilithium to get to Tier 3 instead of 8 million for the Embassy. Also, there is the possibility that Cryptic might see common sense and get rid of dilithium requirements all together for the Dilithium Mine. So the only major problem with the Dilithium Mine is Fleet Marks.