test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - June 11, 2013

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nice on sensor scan, but where is a fix to the KDF KHG costumes LOL.
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I missed this in the list of fixes, but what about:
    1) Department heads not saving after being changed back to what they were before? Somehow, several of my department heads were replaced by someone else, and I can't get it to save the changes I made.
    2) Abilities in my ability tray not saving properly? I keep removing BO1 from my ability tray and it reappears every time I go into a queue or space.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    heizluefta wrote: »
    Sry mate...were from two different worlds....u want to gind more? Build additional starbases and embassys if u want ;)
    Most people i know aggree in the point that pwe pushed the timesink-grind-ressoucesink-thing waaaaaaaaaaay too far ! Especially a kick in the peeep for pvpers...
    But thats nothing new...

Still way less then the grinds in say World of War-craft; and if you think this is anywhere near the level of an 'Asian Grind' MMO -you've never played an actual 'Asian Grind' MMO. And if you are an avid PvPer, and PvP in other MMOs; you know they all don't just hand you the top gear for logging in.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some UI display glitches I have noted:
    - When scrolling the doff roster, the "tactical" title dissapear once scrolling down and back up
    - The game can never remember which BO i used as department heads
    - When i press U to see my character sheet, it lists some of my BOs with ship icons...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • heizlueftaheizluefta Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same old arguments....nobody said i want items for nothing....as long as people exist that dont raise their voice or stop playing pwe will continue squeezing us all like an orange for a little juice...but back to topic....u dont have to say more
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fleet Updates
    • Updated all Fleet project inputs to allow fleet members to input Engineering and Operations department duty officers where you could previously only slot Engineering OR Operations.
      • The exception to this rule is projects that have two separate Engineering and Operation department inputs.
    • Updated all Fleet project inputs to allow fleet members to input Science and Medical department duty officers where you could previously only slot Science OR Medical.
      • The exception to this rule is projects that have two separate Science and Medical department inputs.

This has never been a concern. Requiring 90 Doffs of different departments will always be a concern for fleets due to the imbalance of doff rewards. Having it set up as 90 Science or Medical White Doffs for one and the other set up as 90 Medical or Science White Doffs will make it much easier for fleets to complete certain projects. The Dilithium Mine looks like it will work well for fleets.
  • finious2finious2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    a lot of patch notes but they still haven't fixed the jem'hadar attack ship hanger pets
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    good to see some bug fixes and new content incoming, good work :)
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since Cryptic killed small fleets and PWE went down the grind route I stopped playing altogether a friend just linked me to this post... lol, all I can say I'm glad I don't bother anymore. :cool:

Folks should take a better look at what that holding will actually do for small fleets...rather than just write it off as another thing that will further kill small fleets.

Yes, it's an additional grind...but it's a grind that will reduce the grind involved with other things. It's a good thing...
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, it's an additional grind...but it's a grind that will reduce the grind involved with other things. It's a good thing...

Only if the discount yielded after the grind translates into actual savings.

If the embassy costs are directly copied over to the mine (which, knowing how much Cryptic loves to cut and paste things is very likely the case)...I'm really not sure that will be the case.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Folks should take a better look at what that holding will actually do for small fleets...rather than just write it off as another thing that will further kill small fleets.

Alternately they could have just gone ahead with the same reduction a maxed out mine will give and strait up apply it. Allowing small fleets to choose which holding they wish to grind out first.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2013

If the embassy costs are directly copied over to the mine (which, knowing how much Cryptic loves to cut and paste things is very likely the case)...I'm really not sure that will be the case.

It's something that will likely benefit newer small fleets more than older fleets, as it's extremely unlikely there will be any retroactive discounts...
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2013

If the embassy costs are directly copied over to the mine (whic,h knowing how much Cryptic loves to cut and paste things is very likely the case)...I'm really not sure that will be the case.

Considering that this will not be the last Fleet Holding and there is at least 2 more Fleet Holdings to go based on the there being 11 commendations and this will fill 7 of them, then it will be of benefit. There is also the numerous stalled fleets and new fleets that will be made that will benefit immensely from this. The Dilithium Mine will be the first Fleet Holding to be upgraded for every new fleet due to the discounts.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Updated all Fleet project inputs to allow fleet members to input Engineering and Operations department duty officers where you could previously only slot Engineering OR Operations.

The exception to this rule is projects that have two separate Engineering and Operation department inputs.

I dont know which projekts only have one but as I read this the main projects needed to upgrade the starbases always need both kinds so no help there..

i mean as far as I can tell this change doesnt really do or help anyone with anything.. maybe one or two projects here and there but the main workload is still the projects that need both kinds separatly

sad sad sad
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Going from Phyrexian's numbers, the Dilithium mine would have to provide a 30% cost reduction in order to just *break even.*

I don't see this helping small fleets at all.

Once again, Cryptic fails to deliver.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • wolffman78wolffman78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Holy cow! That's a LOT of patch! I only saw 2-3 things I wanted that aren't mentioned, and that's impressive because I had a LONG list of needed bug-fixes. It looks like Cryptic went beyond just bug-fixes to address some long-standing balance issues and game-mechanic redesign. Granted... I expected that we'd get all of this eventually, but I had no idea you folks would be so quick and on the ball! Hats off to the devs. Whoever you brought in to get things moving... give 'em a raise!

Of course, I can't finish my post without mentioning the few small things I still notice missing...
    1. I am hoping you fixed the double boff slotting issue with the romulan ship(s) and just didn't want to advertise that it had been there to begin with maybe? It's making p.v.p. un-playable for anyone who isn't using the exploit.

2. Sector space speeds are great since LoR... but we need sector space turn-rate adjustments so that my ship won't fly in large circles trying to get anywhere. This coupled with the inability to zoom out on the regulus and sirius maps make space travel tougher.

3. I didn't see anything about a fix for the department heads issue. Department heads can't always be selected into an empty position until re-slotting an existing one; and then the selection is lost after you change characters or log out.

The fact that this list used to be over 20 entries long and this is all that is left is AMAZING! Keep up the good work! If you keep up this level of excellence... I may just have to start buying more zen!

Q
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolffman78 wrote: »
    3. I didn't see anything about a fix for the department heads issue. Department heads can't always be selected into an empty position until re-slotting an existing one; and then the selection is lost after you change characters or log out.

Just FYI - in my experience what you mentioned above happens whenever you change maps. No need to log out or change characters.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    • Updated all Fleet project inputs to allow fleet members to input Science and Medical department duty officers where you could previously only slot Science OR Medical.
      • The exception to this rule is projects that have two separate Science and Medical department inputs.

I fail to see any change. The current projects on Holodeck call for:

Theoretical Modeling Projects III: two slots for doffs. 60 Science, 70 Medical.
    Provision Science Operational Assets III: two slots for doffs. 70 Science, 70 Medical.
    Ongoing Research Projects III: one slot for doffs. 20 Science OR Medical.
    Provision Personal Fleet Equipment III: no slot for doffs.

The only way a change in doff requirements can help us is to consolidate the requirements on the projects with two slots for doffs.
  • martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here is a rough example.

A project that used to only require Science duty officers will now accept science OR medical, giving you more options.

A project that had two separate slots with one requiring science and the other requiring medical has not been changed.

WOW, thats a big fail, you know to fill the 80 medicals you need to open about 250 starbase science-doff boxes, you have 170 extra science left, the 25 science for the project isn't a problem.... FAIL...
    And now with the mail limit the star-base is death.
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bareel wrote: »
    Alternately they could have just gone ahead with the same reduction a maxed out mine will give and strait up apply it. Allowing small fleets to choose which holding they wish to grind out first.

Or...

They could've simply reduced the resource costs and provided a more interesting/cool holding than a Dil mine. Who wouldn't have preferred an used spaceship dealership, or maybe a space diner, or how about an intelligence outpost, or any number of things. Bleh, dil mines just sound so ... boring.

I get that its finally something for those of us not overly enthused about the new emo space elves but I was hoping for something more exciting I guess.
  • acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    WOW. Majorly long list of fixes. Props to you all for getting all that done.

Now... where is the fix for the Jem Dread pets?? It was said in a previous post by someone in Cryptic it was fixed internally. So.... why is it I still can't buy the pets for my Dread?? Please fix this.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Romulan Captains now have access to a series of "Bridge Officer Applicant" Recruitment assignments which can reward Romulan or Reman Bridge Officer candidates of Green or better quality depending on the outcome.

These assignments will only appear in Tau Dewa Sector, New Romulus Command, and are not common.

Oh for God's sake. Why wouldn't it just be sector-wide? Or am I misreading that it will only show in Command?

You should also add a Security Officer for contraband/prisoner turn in at NR Command. There's a reason there's about 100 000 DOFF grinding accounts hanging around DS9.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Copied from Graphical Issues thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=690171

I'm not certain whether I should be posting this in graphics issues, or one of the ship threads, but I'll start here.

When I'm in combat with my Dominion ships, I'm noticing that the graphics while using Dominion Command Interface console (the console that reports "Engins Vulnerable" etc) seems to get lost in the effects. It doesn't happen all the time, but does seem to be missing very frequently.

I'm using Intel HD Graphics 4000 on one system, with everything but shadows maxed. Also using GeForce GT 650M on my other system, which presents the same issue.

It appears to me that the graphics priority of this effect is set lower than some others, and that would be why it just plain doesn't display at times. If possible, would someone be willing to look at this and perhaps increase it's priority a bit?

Thanks!
  • mojoman68mojoman68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As the Grind Master of a smallish fleet, we'll hit T4 eng in about a month and T4 Tac roughly 2 week later, this new holding isn't useful. If the holding is similar to the Embassy holding (T3/T2) for a reported payout of a 3% discount per level, no way I'm going to recommend it to my Fleet. If the goal here is to get players to buy Zen and convert it to DL to advance a holding, you need to up the reward for it. Otherwise, it's in my fleets best interest to continue grinding FM's and doff's.

Now if the rewards were discounts of 5% on T1, 10% on T2 and 20% on T3 and another discount level on completing the end wrapper mission, that would get my attention. And I'd happily grind away at it.

But 3 months for a 9% discount? Nope, not going to happen. I've got no problems choosing to pay for a useful item. But the DL Mine isn't it.

Plus, fix the doffs in 1K XP projects. I've got a stalled Sci needing 37 more Meds... Either combine the required types. Or adopt Phyrexianhero's idea of separate fleet doff boxes for each class.

I am happily in a small fleet and I'm going to stay in it. But don't say you are going to help small fleets without really helping small fleets.

VA Ash
    Chief Engineer of The Liberated fleet
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you, I've been waiting for a mega patch like this since the season launched. Glad "server stability" isn't the only thing we'll be seeing in the next patch notes.
  • karadrewkaradrew Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no fleet alliances option?
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Some great changes but nothing being done about the fleet buff provisioning issue? Everything else the number of provisions increases with the tier, as does the cost, but buffs only the cost goes up. We are at tier 5 and still getting the same 5 provisions we did at tier 1, with a 500 member fleet not only is this ridiculously expensive it doesn't come close to keeping up with demand.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10742871
  • vahdovahdo Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    • Techie now provides 30 points in Starship Hull Repair instead of 10.

Can we expect a free Retrait Token for that?

Since it was ridiculous to waste a trait slot for +10 in Starship Hull Repair, i dont think many of us chose this trait, but would have chosen it for a +30.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *big sigh* no...that isn't what is needed. The numbers of DOFFs needed aren't the issue, or the other projects, it's those big, 1,000 xp missions with the X/X numbers that are the issue. And you completely side-stepped them.

That's really what folks want more than anything else (at least I do). A better mixture of DOFFs, or let us have the 1k missions with DOFF mixtures instead. That is really the only thing that is truly needed. The discount from the mine might be nice, but it is really small change if the DOFF issue is still hanging there.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.