test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1114 more people to get out of my way and I'll be playing LoR for the 50th time.. Beta was fun for me... :D
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Free stuff, you are kidding right? You have as much chance of that as that horse in the local field has of becoming Pope.

Sure Cryptic may not be completely on the ball in some areas and yes I've been disatisified with the level of service in recent days but they genuinely seem to try to fix things to the best of their ability. Giving the development team an even harder time when they're up to their neck in TRIBBLE is really not the way to get anywhere. Some people have no idea what their particular situation is and how many of their heads are on the PWE chopping block if they fail to deliver.

So you've invested money into this game, well surprise surprise, so have I and so have many thousands of other people. The game isn't going anywhere, those goodies you've purchased are still yours for the lifetime of this game. This situation will not go on forever, solutions will be found and all this ranting and talk of compensation and player entitlement will all be forgotten and most likely forgiven at the end of the day. If you love the game which I'm sure most people do you'll give them a break since it must be morally soul destroying for them to read the masses of complaints after working so hard on something for so long.

Chill out, do something else and rest assured that your game/investment is waiting for you when everything is running at 100%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    apersont1apersont1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DFXDFDCFGGVNGHXGXGFGGJXGJXGBXBNXRTNXTFHGVBVVC FVV GVFGVGVBGVBGVBGVBGHH

I just tried bashing my face on the keyboard like most of the complainers but i was unable to get any words. They have talent......
    MTV Cribs eat your heart out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    motito78 wrote: »
    i don't understand what happens here...
    i've been playing like a month and yesterday is the first time i see this queue thing.
    Is the capacity lower due to the expansion or more people want to play (can understand with the arrival of the new film)??

It's interesting, next month is my one year anniversary with this game. I must say, that I've only ever seen a login queue once. Of course it was much smaller than this.

On Tribble when they had the Tribble Test weekend for this very expansion.

It appears that cryptic has seriously underestimated how in demand this expansion was.

A login queue of this magnitude is a good indicator of business. But it's apparent that they didn't build their servers to code for this so to speak. Like a 1899 San Francisco home in a major earthquake.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    slurmerslurmer Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the new players really wont hang around if this is their first experience:mad:
  • Options
    gibsonunderscoregibsonunderscore Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no im not but im also angry so it cause me to type fast and my fingers tend to jump when that happens so spelling becomes an issue.

I'm sure that's very tragic for you. But you have a lot of time, it seems, to refine your posts to get your point across without looking like you're 11. It's not like you're busy playing Star Trek Online. Hint hint, nudge nudge.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    icsairguns wrote: »
    it seems to me, the players that are always crying about something, have some sort of federation avatar . it must just be something about the type of player that actually likes the federation that makes them a crybaby that truly believes they are better than everybody else.

Oh be nice. There's just as many Klingon and Romulan whiners as anywhere else. Heck 2/3s of these are probably people who want to play their new Rom toons, but I guess that idea doesn't help the Superiority Narrative does it? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1114 more people to get out of my way and I'll be playing LoR for the 50th time.. Beta was fun for me... :D

onhly 500 more for me... Ya'll 15K+ have fun waiting.. Its worth it...
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slurmer wrote: »
    the new players really wont hang around if this is their first experience:mad:

Exactly...PW should know that...
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now 5800 out of 19200 (look for my previous post if you want time)..
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7841 out of 19144.

I'm moving along nicely that 14000 in about an hour.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic saved me from throwing away $200 on a lifetime sub. I would really be pissed if I had bought one and then found out the game was unplayable. I am pretty sure I am done with STO.
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTB Like button.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    .Forget it. And there are players who've spent thousands more than you
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Does anyone really expect Cryptic to invest in additional servers in order to tolerate an influx of players that will only last... a week? a month maybe?

Don't get me wrong, long term, STO will have more people playing because of the expanded content; but numbers like we're seeing this week will not last. You can't expect them to invest in major expansion to cover a relatively short term deluge of interest.

These log on queues are a sign that Cryptic probably played this whole thing correctly from a business standpoint. And when Cryptic plays things correctly, the game does better for everyone in the long run.

Jolan Tru, Cryptic. I'll be patient in my queue, and I'll enjoy the game when I get in.

Massive expansion, no, but renting servers for the first few weeks perhaps to monitor network traffic and adjust how many servers they own according to the demand on the servers after about a month or so wouldn't be a bad idea.

The fewer problems you have with an expansion the better PR you get. Invest a little money for a return based on repeating and returning customers. That's why its smart to rent servers rather than buy them. Rent for about a month (which you get a discount for opposed to renting by day or week) and compare the numbers, see what the drop-oof rate is, and adjust to a level that allows for a slightly higher number of players to act as a buffer for the occasional influx.

Summer/spring/winter break always bring an increase, so its common busness sense to have some kind of buffer in place to keep this from happening.

Unless of course you're EA or Microsoft, then you're making money over fist anyways and it doesn't matter.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    onehappytapewormonehappytapeworm Member Posts: 106 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    20459 out of 20459 lol.
  • Options
    jacenjacen24jacenjacen24 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Does anyone really expect Cryptic to invest in additional servers in order to tolerate an influx of players that will only last... a week? a month maybe?

Don't get me wrong, long term, STO will have more people playing because of the expanded content; but numbers like we're seeing this week will not last. You can't expect them to invest in major expansion to cover a relatively short term deluge of interest.

These log on queues are a sign that Cryptic probably played this whole thing correctly from a business standpoint. And when Cryptic plays things correctly, the game does better for everyone in the long run.

Jolan Tru, Cryptic. I'll be patient in my queue, and I'll enjoy the game when I get in.

Actually i can expect it. Its an old business cliche. "Dont cheat the peaks".

You overstaff for grand openings. Its called an investment.

All the players who will be playing in 2 months were playing 2 months ago. If they really wanted to build a player base back up, now wouldve been the time.

And queue's are ok. For 5 min or 25 min. But 60 to 180 minutes. Thats bad service and bad business.
  • Options
    scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the servers are full , I just think they want more money , and this is the way they push people to get life or gold membership
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
  • Options
    shale087shale087 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    It's interesting, next month is my one year anniversary with this game. I must say, that I've only ever seen a login queue once. Of course it was much smaller than this.

On Tribble when they had the Tribble Test weekend for this very expansion.

It appears that cryptic has seriously underestimated how in demand this expansion was.

A login queue of this magnitude is a good indicator of business. But it's apparent that they didn't build their servers to code for this so to speak. Like a 1899 San Francisco home in a major earthquake.

More like they allocated too many of STO's shards to Neverwinter and now they just lack the hardware capacity. I understand the need for queues to keep the login servers from crashing.. But when you get into 10,000 - 25,000 person queues, that just shows that they don't have the maximum server capacity that should be expected in almost any modern MMO. The only way this is going to be fixed? Is if they upgrade the hardware, allocate shards back to STO, or if 10,000 - 25,000 people quit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't think the servers are full , I just think they want more money , and this is the way they push people to get life or gold membership

Who knows..Maybe...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wooo sub 10k now............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shale087 wrote: »
    More like they allocated too many of STO's shards to Neverwinter and now they just lack the hardware capacity. I understand the need for queues to keep the login servers from crashing.. But when you get into 10,000 - 25,000 person queues, that just shows that they don't have the maximum server capacity that should be expected in almost any modern MMO. The only way this is going to be fixed? Is if they upgrade the hardware, allocate shards back to STO, or if 10,000 - 25,000 people quit.

And Neverwinter sucks.
  • Options
    cworth1cworth1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    never mind not worth it...
  • Options
    criticismhdcriticismhd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on Cryptic, I feel Like a second class citizen here. You want people to play the game, but you make them wait. What if a new player wanted to login? His first impression of the game would be him waiting 8 hours to play. Thats a great way to promote your game.
  • Options
    ryeman1ryeman1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joke.. befor i start nice up date love the game now iam not a life time or a sub but i do bye zen and have spent more than a life times members fees and wont be speeding any more at this time and i think a lot out there from today will do the same i had high hopes this time and still just hold on to a bit of it. hope you guys sort all this out i hate to see all that hard work go up in somke guys its only a game we speed owr hard work money on we work hard come home wont to sit down and play some games pls
    i try tomo lol no hard feelings
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect what happened was that Starfleet Dental (or some other hackers) loaded up a lot of dummy players to fill the servers with idle people. There is no way that the Devs could have put the entire game on a server that cannot handle the typical load of players, and no way that -200,000- new players -on top of- the number of players that were currently playing came onto the scene right after a patch.

Sorry, but having not been able to get into the game -at all- for the last two hours because of a 150,000 player queue is beyond unbelievable. It's either a bug, a hack, or the Devs are completely incompetent in how they set up their game server. Of those three, I find the second the most probable, as I know they'd have stated it was a bug (not 'we're trying to get you into the game as soon as possible'), and no one this bad at their job would have any right to keep it.

So...a hack.

Let's hope the Devs catch them soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    -We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible.

The Star Trek Online Team.

- Really? As soon as possible? Oh wait...
  • Options
    outlawgentoutlawgent Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the middle of a mission and got kicked from the server only to sign back in to a 13k waiting que.......

glad I never spent a dime here, and this will make sure I NEVER do.
    .☠.Outlaw
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    someone need to do the hitler does STO thing and then post it on youtube , so I can link it to my sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What really blows is the fact that I'm lucky to make it as far as I have so far. Nearly two hours waiting, and I haven't been disconnected yet. Internet isn't too good out where I live, only one DSL line in the entire county. On an average six hour session of playing I'm knocked off a dozen or so times.

So basically, in the few weeks that I've had this game, THIS is the single longest uninterrupted connection I've had to the server, and its to wait to play.

Irony sucks.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    deasamus6284deasamus6284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on Cryptic, I feel Like a second class citizen here. You want people to play the game, but you make them wait. What if a new player wanted to login? His first impression of the game would be him waiting 8 hours to play. Thats a great way to promote your game.

that's one of the reasons thought requesting a free minor item gift like a skill point boost or a free duty officer pack for inconvenience would be appropriate as an apology but i was met with heavy resistance people kept insulting me so gave up but i think branflakes or someone high up do or try to give a sincere apology for these errors and not just pr stuff.
  • Options
    chrondorrchrondorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2nd day in a row with a massive queue.... talk about a completely botched launch. All that hype about May 21, and when it gets here... wah wah wah. No dice. Fun thing for me is my position in the queue NEVER MOVES, so why even have it? Just pop me up a message and say "Bad luck today, try again TOMORROW".

Serious fail.