test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• hollowell22hollowell22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So for 16 hours I have tried to get on for even 3 min. My lowest number in que has been 18000. Also as i get down to around 5000 in que it kicks me, I then log back on and hmm im at 18000 que again. atm i am at 14000.

I do not see myself getting on anytime soon.

Oh well
  • hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All i have to say is a joke once again!!!!! And defenately no planning on the volume of new plus old players comming back now that they have completely revamped the game plus added the romulans as a playable race. I've been playing solid since F2P and have never had to queue but now i have to wait for X amount of time before i get the chance to play the game!!!! Spectrum 48K comes to mind at this moment but without the crazy mind curdling sound it made!!! lol Come on please!!!! I fully understand some issues but others i can't get my head around. Patching was easy for me and i was playing the game within a few minutes of it going live yet every time i've tried today i get stuck on the queue page intill i've had enough of trying and wait intill later and yet another queue? What if everyone loves it and the volume stays up will we always have to edge our bets? Please i've paid enough that this defenately ain't no F2P for me and yet i and many others can't even get to play the game!!!! I'm at 11,000 plus in the queue and i was over 16,000 when i started so it doesn't look like i'm getting in any time soon so please lads try and get something sorted before loyal players like me plus many many more just get fed up with the bad service we have been getting lately and for some time now and go to play other games or use our time doing other things!!!
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible"

- Just what exactly are you doing. My guess is: Nothing.

Seriously, this isnt a highly anticipated new release of an international bestselling game , its a glorified patch of a game that failed so hard in its first year, it was forced to go f2p.

You can call it an 'expansion' but games that release expansions that are the size of the whole of STO dont have this much trouble: Its a clientside UI and graphics change, a few new items (warpcores) and mechanics changes that could just have been a patch. the new content added is hardly signifigant enough to have the woes that an international bestselling game might have with server population spikes.

BTW, the pve game ques are borked with the leaving map in 5 seconds bug that you seem to have everytime you change something.

I'm sold on the IP so milk it for what you can, but I cant see me getting hooked on another PWE/Cryptic game.
  • lightstone94lightstone94 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was in exchange for about 6-7mins and I was disconnected...now in queue position of 15k+ **** you cryptic/pwe fix your ****ing server. SO frustrated...now Ill have to wait 2hrs+ to "play".....:mad:
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must have an angel on my shoulder today...

I haven't had any problems logging in and haven't hit a queue in the four times I've tried.

<says another prayer>

Amen

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

I made a post in the forum notices section above -- please do note that we are working to get you in-game as fast as possible. This is one of our top priorities, and we are all hands on deck, and will continue to be throughout the rest of today, tonight, and beyond.

Regarding thread merges, I posted this in another thread:

Thank you SO MUCH for your understanding -- we know how bad you want to get in, and we want you all in there.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well another day lost of game play thanks to the incompetence of the cryptic team, and nothing other two messages in 6-7hours saying "we know, were working on it and we thank you for your patience".

Really glad i stopped spending week 1 of playing this game :D
  • admiralmarcusadmiralmarcus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waited for two hours now I can play for 25min before I have to go...... This is worse than my local DMV...... epic fail!
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    your gold/lifer argument is a bit specious, if you are gonna throw dollars around as a justification. I can Promise you that I have paid more then many gold/lifers.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I must have an angel on my shoulder today...

I haven't had any problems logging in and haven't hit a queue in the four times I've tried.

<says another prayer>

Amen

:cool:

...and of course, as soon as I typed that the game dumped me and now won't let me back in...

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    obblk wrote: »
    On one hand, I can understand your sentiment, however, being that STO is now f2p, a huge chunk of their income comes from players (gold AND silver) buying zen to use in the game... however, I'm willing to bet there's, currently, a larger portion of silver members than gold (or life timers), and alienating them with such exorbitant queues will simply cause these players (especially any new ones) to leave the game... and NEVER pay for any Zen. This, in the long run, can hurt the game.

I admit, I'm a silver member... and only started playing the game about 3 weeks ago. But I've enjoyed it thus far enough to have put $60 into zen for the game. Being silver, being only 3 weeks old, and being that a full expansion was just released, I'm resolved to the over hour wait I'm enduring to play... that said, elitism like "you want in... go gold... or endure" does little but drives new players away... players that may otherwise be a source of income in which to continue this game every player (silver, gold, or lifer) enjoys.

Just a thought...

*edit* Fixed a typo

This is exactly my point. Someone who has spent $60 in game over the weeks is like paying for 4 months of subscription or 6 months if they gave discounts on long term plans. Even the Evil EAWare corp gives a higher priority to "preferred" players over those that never gave them 1 cent.

I would suggest they create a 2nd tier for those people who have spent some money and leave the 3rd tiery for freepers. This way those that have literally 0 invested in game don't get ahead of the "preferred" players. Once again, epic failure and Cryptic go hand in hand. I see their reputation is well deserved. :mad:
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pulserazor wrote: »
    your gold/lifer argument is a bit specious, if you are gonna throw dollars around as a justification. I can Promise you that I have paid more then many gold/lifers.

If your going to make wild unsubstantiated claims, well I flew to the moon yesterday, and I'm far more qualified than most NASA astronauts.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sogetes wrote: »
    I don't get it though...it would help to get some background info into why there are problems in the first place. It's not really the players that are causing the problem...you can hardly blame consumers for utilizing a long-running service. What's the real problem? I can imagine them running a bunch of rack servers. Why can't they just plug in an additional server?

First solution : Place the Neverwinter Nights Online Beta on a second server. Don't fool us, each time you are patching, Neverwinter Nights goes down too for the exact same amount of time. Even a toddler can connect the dots.
    Secdond solution : Take your wallet, run to the nearest IT supplier and get new equipment that is up to date, coz it's clear to all of us that your current is not up to the tasks anylonger.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valormeer wrote: »
    If you guy's need your fill of action why not drop by my stream http://www.twitch.tv/emp_juri_feet I'm a lifer so I can log in w/e

And for this alone, your picture should be posted in the Urban Dictionary under the entry for "douchebag."
  • namelesszombienamelesszombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they need another new Beryllium Sphere.

Oooooooooooops, wrong movie

By Grabthar's hammer, this que is huge in an attempt to scam people into buying LTS/Subs :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks to scooterkhan for the awesome sig!
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3+ hrs and finally under 1000

Eat my dust...suckers!!!
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    ...and of course, as soon as I typed that the game dumped me and now won't let me back in...

:eek:

Karma is like that. :P
  • galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello.

So... we have a Queue of 20 thousand players trying to enter the game?

I've aquired a lot of things from the C-Store, I have the right to play, the same right you reserved to Gold and LTS players.

Perfect World is breaking a lot of laws.

There is a lot of people who bought the Legacy Pack and Start Pack, but they're still silver players. Well... when they try to enter the game: QUEUE!

This is a great disrespect to us, and if you(PErfect World) think you can force us to buy a sub to gold or LTS using this expansion massive as an excuse... be aware... we can put you on justice or worse: People that play this game like Star Trek, we are not fools! They/we will leave the game.
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • gibbsptgibbspt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive never ever seen tha games on other companies that HAVE more players than STO for sure having this kind of problem NEVER...
    this is not only sad as they will be losing players because of the queues...
    A person comes home after work/school to relax and play a little and he cant... why? because he has to wait for 2 freaking hours to play a game!! even after spending more than 600 euros on the game....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Federation :: Fleetless :: Klingon
    Jorge Silva - Tac | Nayja - Sci | Jorge E. Silva - Eng
    Jorge R. Silva - Tac (Romulan Fed)
    Nayja K Silva - Sci | Vurg'jah - Tac
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

I made a post in the forum notices section above -- please do note that we are working to get you in-game as fast as possible. This is one of our top priorities, and we are all hands on deck, and will continue to be throughout the rest of today, tonight, and beyond.

Regarding thread merges, I posted this in another thread:

Thank you SO MUCH for your understanding -- we know how bad you want to get in, and we want you all in there.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon, whilst I am fully aware that as an employee of PWE you are likely restricted to only providing platitudes and vagaries on the forums (and with good reason) could you tell us if this is an internal hardware/software problem or one external to PWE/Cryptic?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh please....

You dont have a right to anything, nothing, not a jot.

None of us do. So please take this ridiculous posturing elsewhere.
  • jengofett649jengofett649 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Eat my dust...suckers!!!

the lines are moving much faster now, i was at 18k i'm now at 2k... its only been 30mins so chill buddy you'll be there soon!
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Eat my dust...suckers!!!

U'll get DC after u log in don't worry...
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please ban people like this guy. For God's sake.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok now im beyond pissed im no longer asking im demanding an appolgy.

Is an "appolgy" anything like an apology?

Anyway...how about you demand in your left hand, take a dump in your right hand, and tell us all which one fills up first? Must be nice to be the only one having problems. :rolleyes:
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We did have a short queue today due to so many players logging in to play, but players were getting in fairly quickly. Gold members (LTS and subs) have Priority Login, so while you were in a queue, you were placed in the front.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I've been in the Queue almost 2 hours now. This is UNACCEPTABLE. Get more bandwidth and stop being cheap. You want to earn my money, don't make me wait to play, this is disgusting behavior by cryptic.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • admiraldeathladmiraldeathl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How is this against the law???

Also they aren't forcing you to buy a gold sub at all, they're working on fixing the server and login issues so relax.

edit: Nevermind... post I was replying to got merged.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think we all need to do something about this queue BS. This is serious.. it's unacceptable and unfathomable that this is happening. We are not in a 3rd world country. We need a petition to get these cheap greed mongers to get a proper server to support its player-base.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • poisonflame616poisonflame616 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    I'm gold and don't have to que.

Maybe your 'plan' should be to subscribe?

If not? join the back of the line.

hmm get gold to skip Queue's good idea but what if everyone got gold you would still have to wait for the other gold users to enter first there will always be a queue until cryptic get more servers to deal with the flood of players gold or not
    My characters are...
    FED: human male - poisonflame - U.S.S. Typhoon-D, vulcan female - T'Prel - U.S.S. Unity
    ROM: romulan male - enforcer - R.R.W. Pellecia
    KDF: none
  • hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL I feel for you daveyny but surely you was tempting fate there mate lol Infact i feel for any player who gets booted just to go into a queue and wait for a couple of hours before playng again and what if you are in a team doing a stf or fleet mission :( Man i thought they might have learned from the past!!!
  • namelesszombienamelesszombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darthwoo wrote: »
    The priority queues thing might make more sense if being in the back of the line didn't subject you to a three hour wait...even if you just switch characters or get disconnected. Rendering the game practically unplayable to anyone who isn't subscribed is NOT the way to attract new players.

On a serious, non joking note ^this. I dont doubt that this is a scam to get people to sub/lts ala neverwinter, but it does make me less willing to fork over 50$ on a new ship knowing that they are going to do stuff like this.

This isnt my only mmo, and no I aint going to "rage quit" (seeing as again, this wont be an issue in less then a week) but it DOES dampen my willingness to buy stuff from the c store with real money because of these ques.

(Disclaimer: Yes, I know, cryptic gives not a single feth about my comments :P I'm just saying it to put it out there.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks to scooterkhan for the awesome sig!