test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vaguely remember in the past you had us delete some files or a folder. Anything I can try?
  • Options
    ninjapwnagez321ninjapwnagez321 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I get the client patched after 5 hours of watching it go, KB by KB for about 3 and a half hours of that, just to get a login error message. :/
  • Options
    jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well someone made it in. lets see how long ya stay in.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brandon for god sakes give us an update or something as this is driving all of us nuts you must know the reason by now this is one big c*ck up.

i could name a few...
  • Options
    bok249bok249 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol now I'm stuck at this point as well. Attempt to login with my Fed/Klingon characters, and it hangs up on Retrieving Maps before logging me back out. And completing the creation process for my Romulan character does the same thing.
  • Options
    suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still unable to get in....... I get "retrieving list of characters" and then message says connection timed out ((

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • Options
    lignum87lignum87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    =O I'm at the server not responding screen! Furthest I've been yet!

y...yay?
  • Options
    robinoldsrobinolds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh boy! Retrieving list of maps now - so, I'll get kicked in 5 min?
  • Options
    aidan2092aidan2092 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Although I would have choose a better way of updating. With each maintenance I would have thrown in a trickle update with the new content into the game along with the faction and had it disabled. Once the day came and most bug's where worked out a quick maintenance to update said content and to activate it. Would have been a smarter move, than to just throw it all out at once and hope it works.

With the little patch's thrown in they would be able to figure for server stability for added content and such along with unforeseen problems that might occur during launch.
    Protecting the Federation since February 2010.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »

We're investigating this

I'd like to thank Cryptic for... proper punctuation!
    We're not were or we r. GJ!

Now if I could just say GJ w/ regards to STO... :(

Yay! My error went from 'unknown issue' to timed out. That's Progress? :confused:
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So this is what we spent money for... hummmmm, Can't retrieve my Toons. Why would I not be surprised to find they did not test the login server, before the 21st, to see if this kind of thing could happen, You got MANY MANY people who cannot get there Chars , It locks up, UN KNOWN LOGIN ERROR!

Now brace your self for. "WE ARE VERY SORRY BUT WE CANNOT RETIVE YOUR CHARICTORS" YOU WILL HAVE TO START OVER ON ALL OF THEM" Here's a 1000 c=store credits good luck!

In that Case I would quit playing the game altogether or spending another dime. To many months of spending money and building my Chars up.
  • Options
    holibrae581#2435 holibrae581 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I made a Romulan to unlock my Reman race and the name came out as InvalidName something something and now I can't delete the Romulan. I must say I didn't expect such issues for an expansion, perhaps a fresh launch of a game but not a tried and proven two year old game lol.

Oh well everyone seems excited about STO right now which is good in my mind for the longevity of the game.
    Zadesca - 23c Andorian Eng Officer
    Raychul - Remen Sci Officer
    Lumba - Ferengi Eng Officer
    Vadesca - Orion Eng Officer
    AKA: Yavin_Prime
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    I went over to Champions Online for a baseline comparison.

No problems logging in over there.

So whatever is happening is for STO alone.

1 hour just trying to login the same character once!
    And no success yet......

Not according to Neverwinter-
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions/page248
    chrondorr wrote: »
    I've gotten to the character access screen a couple times now. Still can't load maps.

As a network engineer, I can tell you what I see.

The login server is processing your accounts.
    The database is likely under heavy stress (or more likely, they have debugging logs going crazy and freezing it up, common mistake on database servers)
    Your characters DO exist. When you get to the login screen, if you get there, you click on a character and it slowly will load. I see no evidence to suggest anyone's character is lost.
    There are also likely DoS attacks occurring on the game server from an influx of new and current users. You can't all log in at once. Nothing short of the best possible colocation on an Internet backbone could cope with this. The problem will likely resolve itself when they can shrink and dispose of DB logs, regulate the flow of login requests better (I am assuming there is a forced timeout on the client level), and get it all caught up. Probably will take a long time... oh well, off to play some other games.
    Thank you for the intelligent expert insight. :cool:
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    digtalnarcosisdigtalnarcosis Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well. I think I'm done. Maybe after all the people who will only play this game for a few days because they clicked on an ad are gone... I'm just gonna give up until I get another day off. If I don't do something else now I'll have wasted my entire day getting kicked off the server over and over hoping they'd fix something soon enough for me to enjoy this.

Its not like I've been here for years or anything already... LOL
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do you advance on the boards ? I would like to post funny pictures too, except that poor TRIBBLE kid shame on you, shame shame, no, no, bad people for posting that.
  • Options
    lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Slaps head when patching:o. Cry's when at %90 of patch:(. Smile with glee when patch finishes:D. Confused with Launcher HTML error or missing. Smile with glee when retrieving char. Snarls when login error message :mad: . Bangs laptop keyboard in utter contempt and throws across room in Psychotic rage.

Now onto the Desktop computer: and repeat.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm off to play Kirby: Air Ride some, be back in an hour or so to see if we reached 2k+ posts here yet :P gl hf whining like little girls! :cool:

You are calling people that want a game they have paid for to work whining girls? Look who is playing Kirby.......
  • Options
    madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allanastar wrote: »
    Test

seeing if this is working.

ty

test failed for an unknown reason
  • Options
    gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why hasn't this thread made it to 2000??
  • Options
    captspock2233captspock2233 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bet we make 2000 before they fix anything.
  • Options
    itsfr0s7yitsfr0s7y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how it says "some players", as though the entire playerbase isn't being totally screwed over by this right now.
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chiefbrex wrote: »
    I'm frustrated like so many of you. I helped beta test the expansion, and I will say, I was frustrated that the Packs were not available, the Lockboxes not available, and they sure as hell didn't stress test the servers with the Open Beta weekend. However, this statement here is probably the calmest one of all. But I have to admit, some of you guys are making some pretty funny posts.

I too spent time on the test server during the open beta, making notes of all the bugs I found and reporting them as best I could. The problem with testing is that so few people are willing to try it, and those same people are the ones who complain later when bugs slip through.

Far too many people lack even the most basic understanding of how stress testing and bug hunting works in games like this, that isn't their fault and I do not blame them for their lack of knowledge.

However when those very people then storm the forums like a dribbling mob of mentally underdeveloped Pliocene Hominids, shouting the odds and behaving as if they DO understand, insinuating that the company is somehow uncaring of or unwilling to fix a situation, then I get very annoyed.

Also thank you for the compliment, here, have some nice donuts :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just shut it down
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I GOT IN!!!!

Managed to fly from DS9 to Quo'nos?, doing around 15 DOFF missions along the way, only to time out trying to enter orbit over Quo'nos?.

And that was it. Exciting.
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    covenanter wrote: »
    Got booted logging chars cannot get back

Same here can't re-log back in Failed for unknown reason
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why hasn't this thread made it to 2000??

Unknown reason
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am getting to the character selection screen more often now, but still afterwards getting the failed login.
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server is still giving me the middle finger...time to find another distraction, good luck to the rest of you.
  • Options
    gaspodinpossumgaspodinpossum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh god, Oh god! Issues on expansion release day! This has NEVER happened in the history of any game ever!

HOW DARE YOU CRYPTIC, HOW DARE YOU!

i demand a refund.... ohwait, f2p
  • Options
    rodraf73rodraf73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jake477 wrote: »
    I'm a gold member and i STILL CAN"T LOG IN!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

I AM DILLITHIUM MEMBER AND I CAN'T LOG IN... what is going on here? :D
This discussion has been closed.