test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allanastar wrote: »
    Test

seeing if this is working.

ty

test failed for an unknown reason
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why hasn't this thread made it to 2000??
  • captspock2233captspock2233 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bet we make 2000 before they fix anything.
  • itsfr0s7yitsfr0s7y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how it says "some players", as though the entire playerbase isn't being totally screwed over by this right now.
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chiefbrex wrote: »
    I'm frustrated like so many of you. I helped beta test the expansion, and I will say, I was frustrated that the Packs were not available, the Lockboxes not available, and they sure as hell didn't stress test the servers with the Open Beta weekend. However, this statement here is probably the calmest one of all. But I have to admit, some of you guys are making some pretty funny posts.

I too spent time on the test server during the open beta, making notes of all the bugs I found and reporting them as best I could. The problem with testing is that so few people are willing to try it, and those same people are the ones who complain later when bugs slip through.

Far too many people lack even the most basic understanding of how stress testing and bug hunting works in games like this, that isn't their fault and I do not blame them for their lack of knowledge.

However when those very people then storm the forums like a dribbling mob of mentally underdeveloped Pliocene Hominids, shouting the odds and behaving as if they DO understand, insinuating that the company is somehow uncaring of or unwilling to fix a situation, then I get very annoyed.

Also thank you for the compliment, here, have some nice donuts :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just shut it down
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    covenanter wrote: »
    Got booted logging chars cannot get back

Same here can't re-log back in Failed for unknown reason
  • buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I GOT IN!!!!

Managed to fly from DS9 to Quo'nos?, doing around 15 DOFF missions along the way, only to time out trying to enter orbit over Quo'nos?.

And that was it. Exciting.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why hasn't this thread made it to 2000??

Unknown reason
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting to the character selection screen more often now, but still afterwards getting the failed login.
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server is still giving me the middle finger...time to find another distraction, good luck to the rest of you.
  • gaspodinpossumgaspodinpossum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh god, Oh god! Issues on expansion release day! This has NEVER happened in the history of any game ever!

HOW DARE YOU CRYPTIC, HOW DARE YOU!

i demand a refund.... ohwait, f2p
  • rodraf73rodraf73 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jake477 wrote: »
    I'm a gold member and i STILL CAN"T LOG IN!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

I AM DILLITHIUM MEMBER AND I CAN'T LOG IN... what is going on here? :D
  • inertialdampersinertialdampers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boldy going... nowhere.

I'm in UK so my next destination is Bed at warp 2. Perhaps by the time I get back from work tomorrow O'Brien will have chased the Cardassian voles out of this update and we can get back to killing each other like the semi-civilised nerds that we are.

By the way Cryptic, if you're looking for head programmers, I'm a whizz at debugging and have industry-recognised qualifications in Monkey Wrangling :D
  • thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to go off topic but ... has anyone seen my Gamma Quadrant tribble anywhere ? .. I had it when that Klingon General walked in .... :eek:
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The highly-anticipated Legacy of Romulus expansion launched. Suddenly everyone wanted to log in at once, and effectively executed a DDoS attack on the login server. How terribly surprising. No wonder everyone is up in arms at such an unanticipated event.

You realize, of course, that within the next 24-48 hours, the login rush will return to something approaching normal, logins will proceed as they always have, and any hardware modifications to accommodate this brief rush would become a waste of precious financial resources. Getting all upset about it is pointless.

Maybe give CO a try? If nothing else, perhaps we can get a big enough playerbase to get some love from the Overlords, the way STO has...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • lignum87lignum87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bet we make 2000 before they fix anything.

I would take that bet, but by doing so I would be lying and helping to reaching that goal
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itsfr0s7y wrote: »
    I like how it says "some players", as though the entire playerbase isn't being totally screwed over by this right now.

Someone posted earlier they saw people running around SF academy as if nothing was wrong. What'cha better they're the "preferred customers" EC sellers :P
  • reichirooreichiroo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got as far as the retrieving list of maps too a minute ago and then got booted... It's a step in the right direction... Hopefully it's a sign that the issue will be resolved Soon?? :D

Same thing happened to me. Furthest I've gotten. I might just go play something else until later tonight.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ma getting this to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are 27000 people viewing this thread alone right now! This should tell you the number of unhappy people wanting the server taken down and sorted so we can all play like we should have been able to in the first place.

Sad bear. :(
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also having this issue
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aidan2092 wrote: »
    Although I would have choose a better way of updating. With each maintenance I would have thrown in a trickle update with the new content into the game along with the faction and had it disabled. Once the day came and most bug's where worked out a quick maintenance to update said content and to activate it. Would have been a smarter move, than to just throw it all out at once and hope it works.

With the little patch's thrown in they would be able to figure for server stability for added content and such along with unforeseen problems that might occur during launch.

Actually prepatching was available. I know, it started on my computer a couple of times.

And for those of us who tested on Tribble, the patch copied the files from our test server. I only downloaded 500 or so Mb today if that much.

I think this is more the sheer volume of people than the patch itself. Which on the one hand is a feather in their caps for the continued popularity and survival of the game. And a mar on their record for not being able to handle it.

But frankly having so many people the server can't handle it is much preferred to no one showing up at all. Better to be sold out writ digital.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kandorous wrote: »
    Just shut it down

That's likely the next step for an 8 hour patch. That's usually what happens in MMOs in situations like this. ;)
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whatever the problem is its getting worse, twice i was able to login and get ingame after enough tries. Once i'd get to the character selection screen I was good to go. Now even when I manage to get to character selection and select one i can't into the game.
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got logged in, past the Retrieving List of Characters, got to my characters, only my Fed would load, and then as it went to load the last map I was on last night (Deep Space Nine, I believe), it kicked me back out and now I can't get back to the character select screen.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • trc615trc615 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ugh. The same problem for me. WHY did this day have to be a bloody expansion launch day? Why not the 23rd after the Master Keys returned to the original pricing?
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    What the Hell? Charging for heals? Are you serious?

It's not healing but instant resurrections that are a premium feature. Free for subscribers and an extra option as you can resurrect as normal at the last checkpoint, same as with STO. Try it for yourself and ignore the haters.
  • thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    I GOT IN!!!!

Managed to fly from DS9 to Quo'nos?, doing around 15 DOFF missions along the way, only to time out trying to enter orbit over Quo'nos?.

And that was it. Exciting.
    we stand humbled in your awesomeness .. :rolleyes:
  • genluckygenlucky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least some of you are even able to log in.
This discussion has been closed.