test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vetrab wrote: »
    logged in via launcher ... stuck on retrieving character and same rigmarole again ...
    even tried run as admin on launch ... disable on demand patching ... force verify and running in safe mode .... nothing seems to work

Waste of time. These are all back-end problems.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nagyervin wrote: »
    Login failed for an unknown reason. Never put something like that in your client's face. This shows only one thing: utter incompetence.

Yes,there is so many unknown reason at this game...Okay I give up to try then...
    Good job guys...
  • e2c0bare2c0bar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    razikhiel wrote: »
    I bet none of you will ever be able to read this post of mine, since the whole thread is moving forward so quickly! Warp...15?

You lose! ;-D
  • mwildermwilder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Captains log, still wont flush down the toilet.

We have tried everything, the smell is so bad that ted, the guy that runs the ships computer core has passed out and things are going down hill. Tried to send a rescue party in after ted, they were never heard from again. I have given the order to abandon ship and had the captain summarily executed for gross violation of health and safety legislation.

Omg stop you gone make me pee my pants.... this is why i love reading these kinda posts, yea sure the update from the Dev team is cool, but i really love the comic relief you guys give. it make the wait just a little bit easier..... keep'em coming guys its gone be a long night:D
    Liberty Task Force
    "Liberty, Equality, Justice, Peace & Cooperation"

http://www.libertytaskforce.com
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Took me this long to log in.

Also, now trying to get an item from bank. Will take 30 minutes.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to the spoon-fed generation. If it's not on a silver platter delivered by a tuxedo wearing man with a clipped British accent, it doesn't exist.
    One thing this generation does understand, is the underlying truth and reality of the situation.

And what is the truth?

There is no spoon.
    I'm waiting for the apology letter dealing with how they lost all the character databases because they were all in a central hardware location which failed...

For the sake of that I would keep that in a separate protected archive, off site, updated daily. You may lose that last few STFs or that last build, but you'd never lose more than one day of progress.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why me no able to login??
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 32m We're continuing to investigate the "login failed for unknown reason" error that some are seeing at the login screen. It's our top priority.

From Cryptics Twitter feed 32 minutes ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    razikhiel wrote: »
    i Bet None Of You Will Ever Be Able To Read This Post Of Mine, Since The Whole Thread Is Moving Forward So Quickly! Warp...15?

I See You.
  • martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How high does "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" go? Tempted to just leave it doing that and go to bed :p
  • wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Have you played the "free" SWTOR? :rolleyes:

I used to play SW:TOR they still charging for heals? lol
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • grelltaragrelltara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent all morning waiting for the update to download. and it got to 128mb left and crashed. then I spent the next 4h downloading 128 freeking mb. I finaly get to get into the game and it kicks me out and now I can't log in. all it says is connection to the login server timed out. this is really starting to make me mad.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow!!! Cool game! I can't wait to try to beat another log in screen. Just wished my friends could play with me on the log in screen before it fails. :P
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Speaking of, remember that duping issue in STO awhile back? guess what they oopsied into NW. Some peoples kids I tell ya.

now thats comedy right there :)
  • shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a funny feeling that Tribble (nul) I found was bugged and I should have left it alone. Everything was perfectly fine until I petted it.
  • aidan2092aidan2092 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only have one problem, the new UI is fugly I hate it. I think the one before was way better in terms of just about everything. Even the first UI at launch I thought was a good UI for character select and character creation. I was totally about to throwup when i got to character select and character creation on login for LoR update x.x.

The other issues, its bound to happen its a pretty big update there introducing not only a new faction but also quest along with ships and new npc dialogues for the Romulan/Reman playable faction. It's not just your every day avg content update where they just added a new episode with a giant wave of new quest for the current factions along with new ranks to get.
    Protecting the Federation since February 2010.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should believe that after the Temporal Ambassador patch, launch of Neverwinter Nights and so on that Cryptic would have learned a valuable lesson. Wrong, coz this donkey is bumping his head twice at the same stone :mad:
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dessniper wrote: »

Close, but those repairs actually did what they set out to do! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And it was going so well too...

But really did ANYONE here expect any better. ;)
  • theboominatortheboominator Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest though the Character Selection Screen, when I got to it, looked sweeet

Off to bed now, please be fixed for when i wake up
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Created a new romulan, went through entire creation, then pressed engage and it loaded the map to 42% and then.... waited a long time, and then got in
  • kepler11kepler11 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My logon fails at retrieving character list...got to the character list once and failed to load, now back to failing at retrieving character list...:rolleyes:
  • chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm far from being a Cryptic apologist. I'm in the same boat as everyone here, I can't play either and I've made my feelings clear already. My point is that none of us here are unique little snowflakes, this kind of problem has occurred in almost every major online game ever made and will likely continue.

Behaving as if Cryptic are the single worst company in the history of the world is pathetic, unwarranted and childish. Throwing a temper tantrum and threatening to "take my business elsewhere" is idiotic, inane and pointless.

Whilst I would prefer that the money I have spent on STO was at least partially used to ensure server stability, and whilst I will not accept borderline or outright pathetic excuses from ANY company that I spend my money with, I do at least have the ability to retract my head from my TRIBBLE long enough to understand that I understand almost nothing about how these kinds of systems operate.

How many of the "Throw my toys out of my pram" bunch we have here can honestly say they have even the first clue about running, maintaining and updating a system even 10% the size and complexity of Star Trek Online? Not many at all is my estimate, and yet here they are pitching their stuffed ducks and pacifiers every-which-way they can.

To clarify, I played EVE Online for almost 9 years, during which period I encountered some of the worst and wide reaching patch day issues seen in any online game ever made, and yet I stayed with them because I understood that I didn't understand enough to judge.

I'm frustrated like so many of you. I helped beta test the expansion, and I will say, I was frustrated that the Packs were not available, the Lockboxes not available, and they sure as hell didn't stress test the servers with the Open Beta weekend. However, this statement here is probably the calmest one of all. But I have to admit, some of you guys are making some pretty funny posts.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    You should believe that after the Temporal Ambassador patch, launch of Neverwinter Nights and so on that Cryptic would have learned a valuable lesson. Wrong, coz this donkey is bumping his head twice at the same stone :mad:

Neverwinter Nights always makes me think it's some late night Cinemax movie. :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there anything you idiots don't TRIBBLE up? Did you hire all the leftover people to do your content. Neverwinter should be called neverplayonweekends and this game should NOT be having issues like this..seriously sad regardless of release of new content or not bull****.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Sorry but my sides are hurting from laughing. Somehow I'm in no way surprised that this would happen. They didn't plan ahead, they probably didn't expand infrastructure since once the novelty wears off numbers will drop back down again. And here we are, launch day and things are pooched, this company is so wonderfully predictable.

Oh well, Guess I'm playing Spore tonight.

It's also a self fulfilling phrophesy of a sort. Big marketing push for the next new shiney, season, anniversary. Lack of anticipation and poor load balancing = "login issues" Potential market remains untapped as they say phft TRIBBLE this and we return to the prior state of mediocrity. But at least we can log in.
  • allanastarallanastar Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Test

seeing if this is working.

ty
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went over to Champions Online for a baseline comparison.

No problems logging in over there.

So whatever is happening is for STO alone.

1 hour just trying to login the same character once!
    And no success yet......

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • chrondorrchrondorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've gotten to the character access screen a couple times now. Still can't load maps.

As a network engineer, I can tell you what I see.

The login server is processing your accounts.
    The database is likely under heavy stress (or more likely, they have debugging logs going crazy and freezing it up, common mistake on database servers)
    Your characters DO exist. When you get to the login screen, if you get there, you click on a character and it slowly will load. I see no evidence to suggest anyone's character is lost.
    There are also likely DoS attacks occurring on the game server from an influx of new and current users. You can't all log in at once. Nothing short of the best possible colocation on an Internet backbone could cope with this. The problem will likely resolve itself when they can shrink and dispose of DB logs, regulate the flow of login requests better (I am assuming there is a forced timeout on the client level), and get it all caught up. Probably will take a long time... oh well, off to play some other games.
  • llywelallywela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    And it was going so well too...

But really did ANYONE here expect any better. ;)

I expected worse. :P
This discussion has been closed.