test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    mallory2kxmallory2kx Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FIX IT ALREADY GEEZ. What a crappy launch day cant even play my dam reman
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nailer1985 wrote: »
    They've got top men working on it right now.

TOP. Men.

*cut to a shot of a monkey hitting a server with a hammer*
  • Options
    scotsman22300328scotsman22300328 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is that you referrin to Xbox's new VHS player Sandmahn :D
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Another one bites the dust "Unable to retrieve character selection" ...."connection timed out"
    Looks like its star trek OFFLINE again.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *cut to a shot of a monkey hitting a server with a hammer*

No that's the sub-contractor they will be bringing in later
  • Options
    defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok.. i had a feeling this would happen.

Not only is the Login server unreachable. the DATABASE for characters is down. if everyone loses their characters many have worked for years on them im can see this being very bad for STO. Tribble did the same thing did it not when LoR was put on there. DIDNT YOU TAKE THAT AS A WARNING???
  • Options
    calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been kicked out. Giving up on this for tonight.
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is that you referrin to Xbox's new VHS player Sandmahn :D

lol thats what i was thinking
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic engineers at "work"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeoZqJS-8gk
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The speed of posts is mind boggling here. The merges are done now.
    nailer1985 wrote: »
    They've got top men working on it right now.

TOP. Men.

And a prize to the man who made the Indiana Jones reference. Raiders to be specific.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Actually I think that would actually require the EV suit.

At least he didn't try the Eject Warp Plasma...you know the one that sticks to you.:rolleyes:

Now that would have been really funny! She probably would have kicked me where it counted, though.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    We get it, your a Cryptic apologetic.

Still, you're right, wasn't anywhere near the same number of people, not like the last major patch... or the one before that... or the one before that.

At what point do you say enough is enough. Some are saying after 10 years of MMOs a launch has never gone right... and they're correct.

By why do we suffer this fate? Why is it okay and acceptable? Why is the excuse "Well it's always happened that way, so it's good enough for me?" When are we going to expect better? When have we settled for the Status Quo, and not expecting more.

But I'm wrong, I didn't expect more, or better. In fact we got exactly what the majority of us expected. A horrible launch, with horrible lag, and quite a few players unable to even get into the game, and once they do, they can't do much.

But that's okay because it's ALWAYS been that way.

I'm far from being a Cryptic apologist. I'm in the same boat as everyone here, I can't play either and I've made my feelings clear already. My point is that none of us here are unique little snowflakes, this kind of problem has occurred in almost every major online game ever made and will likely continue.

Behaving as if Cryptic are the single worst company in the history of the world is pathetic, unwarranted and childish. Throwing a temper tantrum and threatening to "take my business elsewhere" is idiotic, inane and pointless.

Whilst I would prefer that the money I have spent on STO was at least partially used to ensure server stability, and whilst I will not accept borderline or outright pathetic excuses from ANY company that I spend my money with, I do at least have the ability to retract my head from my TRIBBLE long enough to understand that I understand almost nothing about how these kinds of systems operate.

How many of the "Throw my toys out of my pram" bunch we have here can honestly say they have even the first clue about running, maintaining and updating a system even 10% the size and complexity of Star Trek Online? Not many at all is my estimate, and yet here they are pitching their stuffed ducks and pacifiers every-which-way they can.

To clarify, I played EVE Online for almost 9 years, during which period I encountered some of the worst and wide reaching patch day issues seen in any online game ever made, and yet I stayed with them because I understood that I didn't understand enough to judge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    admiralsvakadmiralsvak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gently down the stream ....

Chases thehellnback with a Lirpa as he screams....
  • Options
    xstaythirstyxxstaythirstyx Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most peculiar indeed, it is a very huge update so some hiccups is expected. They should be able to rectify the situation within hours.

Perhaps an emergency maintenance is needed, which is probably what this may be.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rhiantrsahenrhiantrsahen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patched without incident. Can't even get to character select screen. From the sounds of it, even if I could I'd be disconnected before the maps finished loading. If I somehow made it all the way in, the lag would be bad enough to render the game unplayable. Not to mention the other issues concerning legacy packs and what-not.

100% fail all around on this one, guys. Not much else needs to be said.
  • Options
    captainwessoncaptainwesson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I refuse to give a company a break that charges for almost every little thing in the game, and makes butt loads of money off the ZEN store, and still have crappy servers. NO EXCUSE.

Really? Have you played the "free" SWTOR? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Logged on, got past the retrieving maps list...and now, SERVER NOT RESPONDING!!
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 50+ tries finally made it to character selection screen, then goes to load maps and BAM!!! disconnected for unknown reasons

Back to square one again
  • Options
    sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I'll go spend some time in the Mojave Wasteland.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still trying to get past the map issue. Seems the sever is built like a fortress. :P
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Now that would have been really funny! She probably would have kicked me where it counted, though.

Well it could be worse, she could've used a Darth Vader mask...you know what follows....Dark Helmet's version of the Force Choke. YES THAT!
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 50+ tries finally made it to character selection screen, then goes to load maps and BAM!!! disconnected for unknown reasons

Back to square one again

It's not the destination its the journey
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    defiance12 wrote: »

Not only is the Login server unreachable. the DATABASE for characters is down. if everyone loses their characters many have worked for years on them im can see this being very bad for STO. Tribble did the same thing did it not when LoR was put on there. DIDNT YOU TAKE THAT AS A WARNING???

Actually, no. On Tribble that was a deliberate wipe that, of course, nobody could be bothered to read the forums about.
  • Options
    wizz2k9wizz2k9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems login server is down now lol
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? Have you played the "free" SWTOR? :rolleyes:

Least their recent expac had nowhere near this level of first day issues. . . .:rolleyes:
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    defiance12 wrote: »

That better not be the f-king case. I'm just a few mill off my JHAS so I can FINALLY get my Bug pets for my dread and I pulled my wells-class not 4 days ago!
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chases thehellnback with a Lirpa as he screams....

Fears no Lirpa .... oooooh :eek: thats a BIG one ..... yaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wizz2k9 wrote: »
    seems login server is down now lol

Good, server maintenance means an application of a fix.
  • Options
    razikhielrazikhiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    machtavamachtava Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10 1/2 Hours is a bit much to update and fix a game that has been around so long. I play beta games that don't have these issues.
This discussion has been closed.