test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By thunder you're right! But wait! It wasn't anywhere near the same number of people that tried logging into Holodeck tonight. Reading comprehension, it's a thing.

We get it, your a Cryptic apologetic.

Still, you're right, wasn't anywhere near the same number of people, not like the last major patch... or the one before that... or the one before that.

At what point do you say enough is enough. Some are saying after 10 years of MMOs a launch has never gone right... and they're correct.

By why do we suffer this fate? Why is it okay and acceptable? Why is the excuse "Well it's always happened that way, so it's good enough for me?" When are we going to expect better? When have we settled for the Status Quo, and not expecting more.

But I'm wrong, I didn't expect more, or better. In fact we got exactly what the majority of us expected. A horrible launch, with horrible lag, and quite a few players unable to even get into the game, and once they do, they can't do much.

But that's okay because it's ALWAYS been that way.
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm minor note and probably not important but is anyone else running Steam ?
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    Hehe, I wonder how many people even get this?

I thought hexadecimal was worse
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My wife has been laughing at me cause I can't get into sto yet. I walked over to her and asked "want to see how my Vent Theta Radiation Console works?". Then I farted in her face. I thought it was funny but she was not amused.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in then I got disconnected OMG!
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting a character list, but unable to get the map. Super slow.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By thunder you're right! But wait! It wasn't anywhere near the same number of people that tried logging into Holodeck tonight. Reading comprehension, it's a thing.

By my Aunt Mitilda's blue bustle It looks like someone does not know how metric data actually works. Or how smaller group studies can be used to predict the behaviors of larger ones. . .I mean this is the first time ever that any MMO company in the history of the world had login problems due to server overload right? History, its another thing. . .
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirkryder wrote: »
    I am not going to tell you all I told you, however I posted this a couple of days back, however I said the servers would crash! Does this count?

Predicting there would be issues with a major launch it like predicting the surface of the sun would be mildly warm.

That being said, the servers have not crashed... yet...
  • Options
    ursansnowursansnow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK I was in for about 10 minutes, the lag is as bad as I have ever seen it. But the new interface is good and the graphics are solid.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow...we crushed 1000. We Win :D

I wonder if it will be fixed before the thread automatically splits to a new one?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm in finally :)
  • Options
    jimmyjames81196jimmyjames81196 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eh i want to rank up my rommie for GODS SAKE
  • Options
    robinoldsrobinolds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, patching went pretty quickly, but I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Is anyone getting in by continuing to attempt to login every time it fails??
  • Options
    alacrityfalacrityf Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're continuing to investigate this error -- I've added it to the announcement at the top of the forums, and it's our top priority to fix all of the items on that list ASAP. We have our top engineers on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Got an update? It's been over an hour since the problem was first reported.
  • Options
    indyv72indyv72 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whoa! This is HEAVY!
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited May 2013
    Burn baby burn ... STO inferno ... Burn baby burn ... Burn that motha down
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    howtokhowtok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good Gene Roddenberry was sent to space ... otherwise he would spin in his grave today ...:(
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
  • Options
    fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey folks!
    i'm a customer from europe and i only want to say the perfect world team one thing:

YOUR EUROPE CUSTOMERS ARE GOING TO BED NOW!

nice job again!

ok i think it's safe to fix it now :P
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally made it to the character selection screen ... tried to start the game with one of my existing characters (didn't even want to try to create a Romulan yet) ... and BAM! now I'm back to the "Unable to Log In Due To Unknown Reasons" screen.

Come on ... April Fools Day was almost two months ago.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Wow...we crushed 1000. We Win :D

I wonder if it will be fixed before the thread automatically splits to a new one?

New goal 2000! Or the split which ever is first :D
  • Options
    marielangmarielang Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix fix fix fix fix
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My wife has been laughing at me cause I can't get into sto yet. I walked over to her and asked "want to see how my Vent Theta Radiation Console works?". Then I farted in her face. I thought it was funny but she was not amused.

She probably forgot to load up Hazard Emitters.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quickly MORE lockboxes this will fix the servers!!!
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So close... got past the unknown error... even got past retrieving maps...

Then..... Server not responding at 94.03

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    tbarlowtbarlow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been reading some of the post in this topic and it really kinda gets me Guys lets give them a break there working as quick as they can to get us into the game I know how much of a pain servers and stuff like this can be since I run my own servers web, email and so on and I too am working on making my own game and I know it takes a lot of work , time and dealing with the public so again lets give them a break they well get it up asap so we can play thanks

tbarlow
  • Options
    starmuttstarmutt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... actually got to the character select screen. Though it took 2 mins for the "team" to load up and the 'PLAY' button to become clickable...click... OOOoooo supprise supprise "Unknown Error".

Could they at least change that to "server overloaded" or "we could not afford another server for this launch"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
  • Options
    calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got into the game for the first time. It's running like a dog, server completely overloaded.

Everyone was predicting this would happen and it has.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I demand character wipes! Oops, wrong game. :)
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
This discussion has been closed.