test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can I cancel my pre-order?

I have tried calling the customer service number (never answered) and I have tried send an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com.

Please advise how I can cancel my pre-order.

Thanks
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shadowaxx wrote: »
    How can I cancel my pre-order?

I have tried calling the customer service number (never answered) and I have tried send an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com.

Please advise how I can cancel my pre-order.

Thanks

I don't think you can. It charges your card instantly. I'm fairly certain that it's like all of the other items you can buy: Once you buy it...it's yours.

Oh, and what was actually updated on the FAQ? I don't see any changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    Oh, and what was actually updated on the FAQ? I don't see any changes.

Nothing, other than formatting (which I then reverted), but I updated the date so it would match my edit at the bottom of the post. If there are any major updates (something changed, question added, etc.), we'll make sure to make a post in the thread, in addition to updating the OP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • startrekmaniac6startrekmaniac6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Before we play legacy will we be required to be at a certain level with our federation or Klingon character? Or can we play right away?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Before we play legacy will we be required to be at a certain level with our federation or Klingon character? Or can we play right away?
    With LoR every Faction can now start at level 1 from the very beginning.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am all set to test on tribble
    I have bought the pack (starter)
    Will I be able to access the ships there for testing? or do i need to wait a few more days?
    Live long and Prosper
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    I am all set to test on tribble
    I have bought the pack (starter)
    Will I be able to access the ships there for testing? or do i need to wait a few more days?
    The last time I checked the purchased Packs didn't register as available for your Tribble character - though if you had the 600 day Vet Reward token you could pick one of the Pack ships as your free token ship.

Tribble usually has a console in the shipyard where you can get the ships for free and test them - once they're ready to have them tested.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After debating whether or not to purchase the Rommie content, today I finally decided to purchase the Legacy Pack, when lo and behold, I could not find an option to pay with a Credit Card.

I had issues in the past with PayPal and I refused to use their services, I do not know what Skrill is, so I won't venture there. Is PayPal and Skrill the only way to pre-purchase the Legacy Pack?

I use Steam for most of my CStore transaction etc... tried looking up a prepurchase for the Legacy Pack on steam, but it is not offered.

So basically purchasing the Legacy Pack via a Credit Card transaction is not possible without the use of a third party company like PayPal.

Will there be an option to purchase these packs via Steam in the future? What will be the solution for folks who do not like using third party companies like PayPal and Skrill?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited May 2013
    NVM, please delete this post - did not notice the options ahead.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Purchase Rommie content? LoR content (Romulans, episodes) is free.

The packs are optional goodies, mainly ships, at a discount compared to when they will be on the C-Store as separate purchases.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I am at a lost, perhaps someone can answer this:

Yesterday I purchased the Legacy of Romulus Pack via Skrill - but not using their actual Skrill service - This is because I wanted to use a credit card to make the purchase. It allow me to use my credit card but I had to use Money Booker ala Skrill, since Cryptic/PWE would not accept direct Credit Cards payments.

"Which Baffles me"

My purchase went through, I have the transaction ID etc ... It stated I was going to get a email confirmation regarding my transaction. It is now the second day, and I have yet to receive my email confirmation.

I know they took the funds from my account, because I just checked my bank statement, yet I have yet to receive an email confirmation, this is raising some alarms.

Is anyone having this same issue?

After purchase, have you gotten a email confirmation?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited May 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    I am at a lost, perhaps someone can answer this:

Yesterday I purchased the Legacy of Romulus Pack via Skrill - but not using their actual Skrill service - This is because I wanted to use a credit card to make the purchase. It allow me to use my credit card but I had to use Money Booker ala Skrill, since Cryptic/PWE would not accept direct Credit Cards payments.

"Which Baffles me"

My purchase went through, I have the transaction ID etc ... It stated I was going to get a email confirmation regarding my transaction. It is now the second day, and I have yet to receive my email confirmation.

I know they took the funds from my account, because I just checked my bank statement, yet I have yet to receive an email confirmation, this is raising some alarms.

Is anyone having this same issue?

After purchase, have you gotten a email confirmation?
    Have you checked your spam filters? Also, are you sure you're checking the correct email address? The address would use the one you have on your account on the STO website.

I purchased 2 Starter Packs: one for me, one on my son's account. Both purchases sent me receipt emails to the correct addresses.

You can also verify your purchase by going to Charge Zen, above, and then clicking on the My Wallet link. That will take you to your PWE wallet. Your Pack will be listed there - along with your Transaction number and all other data.
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello today I wanted to buy the Legacy pack but do I buy it with zen or what is the method to buying the Legacy pack I have a LOT of trouble with Skrill and they will only take one of my credit cards and I pay my gold membership through my debit card with Cryptic. So how do I do it? :mad:

Please reply ASAP thank you. :)
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    use paypal.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not going to use PayPal after they stole $50.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
    edited May 2013
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    I'm not going to use PayPal after they stole $50.
    The only way to buy either Pack is via Paypal or Skrill. Other then that you can wait for the items to come to the C-Store when LoR goes live and buy them individually there - but you won't get the Titles or Doff Pack, and you won't get the 30% discount.
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Have you checked your spam filters?

Yes, no sign of it there
    Also, are you sure you're checking the correct email address?

I am positive.
    The address would use the one you have on your account on the STO website.

It is the same login info I used at the launcher which is tied to my existing email.
    I purchased 2 Starter Packs: one for me, one on my son's account. Both purchases sent me receipt emails to the correct addresses.

Do you have a PayPal account? or Skrill account?

I do not have neither of them. I had severe issues with PayPal so I did not select their services. I did however; used Skrill money booker services because in order to purchase the pack it forces you to do so, since I do not have an account with Skrill nor PayPal.
    You can also verify your purchase by going to Charge Zen, above, and then clicking on the My Wallet link. That will take you to your PWE wallet. Your Pack will be listed there - along with your Transaction number and all other data.

Oddly enough it does show up in my PWE wallet, which again, I do not use - I use Steam Wallet instead since my game runs through Steam. I guess if it shows up on my PWE wallet then its a bit of good news, I just hope there are no issues come May 21st.

However; I am still baffled that I have yet received an email confirmation - unless that was optional and you had to select that option?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited May 2013
    The only way to buy either Pack is via Paypal or Skrill. Other then that you can wait for the items to come to the C-Store when LoR goes live and buy them individually there - but you won't get the Titles or Doff Pack, and you won't get the 30% discount.

According to the selections, you do have to use the third party services, but not necessarily have an established PayPal account or Skrill account.

You can use your normal credit card but through their money booker services.

Since I had issues with PayPal I opted to run my Credit Card through Skrill, without having an established account with them. You are merely just using their venue to make the transaction.

Its horrible how Cryptic did this, but it may not even be them, it could be a PWE thing. However; it would have been better if the transaction would have been direct instead of tangling with a third party service.

I fail to see the reason behind this, unless PWE has investment in both PayPal and Skrill and merely providing those third party companies publicity service.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Have you checked your spam filters? Also, are you sure you're checking the correct email address? The address would use the one you have on your account on the STO website.

Hmm? Oddly enough it is my error, my apologies to Cryptic/PWE - was soo use to using my original email tied to my Cryptic account that I had forgotten that when PWE took over everyone was forced to convert over to PWE.

I switched my original email with a new email specifically designed for my gaming info, thing is I hardly ever use it or visit it. I mainly view my main email account. LOL.

Man I am getting extremely old.

Yes, I received the email confirmation after I checked the email link to my account, its an obscure one, one I hardly ever use or visit.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited May 2013
    The FAQ was updated today:
    Q: How do I claim my Legacy/Starter Pack items on May 21st?
    A:
    When you purchase a Legacy or Starter Pack, your account is flagged as having purchased it. On May 21st, after Legacy of Romulus is available to patch to via your current launcher application, the Legacy/Starter pack items become claimable via the in-game C-Store (Accessible via the minimap).
    For a step-by-step walkthrough of the claiming process, please check here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=676571

Q: If I already purchased a Legacy Pack prior to the new ship and costume being added, will I get the new items, too?
    A:
    Yes! We're happy to announce that all players who have purchased a Legacy Pack since they launched on April 18, 2013, as well as players who purchase a Legacy Pack in the future, will have the Haakona Advanced Warbird and the TOS Romulan Military Uniform included in their bundle.

Q: Are the exclusive Titles available for use on the Forums?
    A:
    Yes! Log into the STO website and click on the "Edit your Avatar" link. Scroll down below the default selection of avatars to see the available titles. Choose the radio button next to the one you'd like to display and click 'Submit Title' to confirm.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • izanagi16994izanagi16994 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to know when the price changes for the legacy packs are. I'm hoping they change at the very least next month. I can't buy this pack until the 31st of april 10 days after launch. It would be a shame for the prices to be higher at that time.
  • anshraanshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice additions, Rihannsu replaces my Starfleet Veteran tag ;)
    - Into the jaws of hell.
  • whiskers3062whiskers3062 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I purchased the legacy pack already, do I get the new items as well since I purchased it before the new items were added?
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I purchased the legacy pack already, do I get the new items as well since I purchased it before the new items were added?

Yep. And I'm very happy I'll be getting the old uniforms with the pack. :D
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will legacy 120 euro pack be on steam yes or no ?

With all pre order goodies that the current site provides such as duty officers and titles ?

This question has been asked several times and no developer ever answered it.

its been asked on steam forum several times.

its been asked on twitter several times.

PAYPAL AND SKRILL DO NOT WORK. <-- NO DONT WORK for many of uss.

steam works.

will it be on steam YES or NO ? with all the goddies ?

moderators dont move the topic since well we cant find it and if we cant find it then neaither can the developers who aktually NEEDS to answer it.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So...only gold members get to use the title on the forums? Well drats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep. And I'm very happy I'll be getting the old uniforms with the pack. :D

I can't see that anyone has asked about it, but I'd like to see the Rimulan uniform from Nemesis. I see the one for the Remans, and that's great if you are a fan of those creatures, but the best looking Romulan uniform in ST history(IMO), and no answer one way or another about it.
    edited May 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    So...only gold members get to use the title on the forums? Well drats.

Any who purchased one of the packs can use the title(s) included in their pack on the forums :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like this.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • snjester01snjester01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I'm not seeing it in the FAQ's, (and don't want to crawl through the entire thread) will lifers get access to liberated borg versions of the romulans (and possibly remans if we have the legacy pack) ?
This discussion has been closed.