Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    As for the time it took, there's benefits to being retired - though some might say too much spare time is a curse. :)

A ha! That's the answer I was looking for.
    No, it won't, but you can ticket into Billing for assistance on this -- they may be able to help.

I kind of doubt I will go full legacy, but do really think they will? Also, you might add this to the question "Q: Can I purchase both the Legacy Pack and Starter Pack?"
  • Options
    mekhtahmekhtah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quick question about when we purchase either of these packs (In this case the Legacy pack). Does it get instantly added to my account? Or must I activate it in some way, shape, or form?

-Qapla'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    mekhtah wrote: »
    Quick question about when we purchase either of these packs (In this case the Legacy pack). Does it get instantly added to my account? Or must I activate it in some way, shape, or form?

-Qapla'

After a successful purchase, it gets automatically applied -- no need to redeem a code :) Make sure you hit the "RETURN TO PERFECT WORLD" link at the end to complete the transaction. If you forgot to hit that, no worries! You'll get an email within 15 minutes or so letting you know the transaction is not complete and you click a link to complete it. Once it is complete, you'll get another email letting you know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Q: Can I use ship costumes from Refit ships on the Retrofit versions?
    A: When purchasing a Refit version of a ship, a player unlocks the costume for that ship type, and they can use that costume on the Retrofit version of the ship if they also have obtained that ship. For example, when you purchase the Legacy Pack, you gain access to the D'ridthau Warbird Battle Cruiser (a Refit ship) and the D'deridex Warbird Retrofit - you will be able to use the D'ridthau's costume on the D'deridex.

I've Heard you'll be able to use the T'liss costume on a T'Varo. any truth to this rumor?
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    god I hope so.
  • Options
    mattdawsonmattdawson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a query.

If you purchase the $20 Starter pack, what happens when you purchase the $124 Legacy pack? Do you get refunded the difference, given in-game Zen or get a discount on the Legacy pack?
  • Options
    darth313detroitdarth313detroit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait to be a Romulan for real. Why do these forums think I am new though? I pre-purchased and have been a life-time subscriber since the first day they offered it.
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bought legacy pack several days ago.
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait to be a Romulan for real. Why do these forums think I am new though? I pre-purchased and have been a life-time subscriber since the first day they offered it.

They did a re-vamp of the forums a while back.. and in doing so wiped everyone's start date. Most of us lost our forum IDs.. etc...

Welcome back... lol

daemonheld, formerly GalanVaurek...

Jolan'tru
  • Options
    lordosirislordosiris Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    test test test
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mattdawson wrote: »
    I have a query.

If you purchase the $20 Starter pack, what happens when you purchase the $124 Legacy pack? Do you get refunded the difference, given in-game Zen or get a discount on the Legacy pack?

I asked that a couple pages ago. Branflakes said to try emailing PWE billing, since it doesn't give you a discount automatically.
  • Options
    aesirkyraesirkyr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am extremely interested in purchasing the Legacy pack however throughout my searching of the forums, blogs, and the actual purchasing page I have found no indication as to if the packs will be available through steam.

I (and several others would be) would buy it if it was.

Its just a suggestion but it would increase your revenue.
  • Options
    scroes1976scroes1976 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So do the life-time subscribers get somekind of discount?
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    scroes1976 wrote: »
    The Legacy Pack is a C-Store bundle giving you $181.00 worth of items for $125.00. That's a 30% discount.

C-Store sales have nothing to do with people being Gold or Silver. A Gold player buys items from the C-Store just as Silver players do.

If you're not interested in the entire bundle then just buy the individual items in the C-Store after LoR goes live.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    scroes1976 wrote: »

Sure; you get 500 Zen a month that you can use toward purchase any of these items except the couple of them that are exclusive to the pack.

This is a discount on a pack of items, with a couple of perks for buying the pack instead of the items.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it would be best if this FAQ was posted as an announcement at the head of each forums listing page.
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aesirkyr wrote: »
    I am extremely interested in purchasing the Legacy pack however throughout my searching of the forums, blogs, and the actual purchasing page I have found no indication as to if the packs will be available through steam.

I (and several others would be) would buy it if it was.

Its just a suggestion but it would increase your revenue.
    What benefit would there be for buying through Steam? All STO purchases have to, in some way, get tied your PWE account anyway. STO on Steam is basically just advertising (which STO does pay for the privilege).
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What benefit would there be for buying through Steam? All STO purchases have to, in some way, get tied your PWE account anyway. STO on Steam is basically just advertising (which STO does pay for the privilege).

Steam has some methods of payment that PWE doesn't have for this pack, including a robust gifting system.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    scroes1976scroes1976 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Sure; you get 500 Zen a month that you can use toward purchase any of these items except the couple of them that are exclusive to the pack.

This is a discount on a pack of items, with a couple of perks for buying the pack instead of the items.

Right, gotcha. Thx for the feedback :)
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Should the Legacy of Romulus pack show up on https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto under the "Activated Features" area?
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Question has been asked several times before, and the answer is no.

The only way you can see you bought it is either in the 'my wallet' section of your account which shows its status or by seeing the message top right of the page where you would normally see the option to purchase the pack.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Greetings All,

I recently picked up the LOR Starter Pack and I've been contemplating maybe buying the Legacy Pack.

I really like the looks of most of the new Romulan ships and I'm pretty sure that overtime I would most likely get all of them somehow.

I'm waiting to get more information on the vessels before I decided whether or not I'll buy the Legacy pack; however, if I do, would I get a refund on the Starter Pack that I already own?

Twenty dollars is not a lot of money but the Legacy Pack includes everything that's in the Starter Pack and you can only claim one of each item per character on the account so in a sense if I buy the Legacy Pack my Starter Pack becomes useless and wasted money.

What's really making me consider buying the Legacy Pack is the fact that I'm greatly enjoying my experience beta testing LOR on Tribble.

I like what I'm seeing in LOR thus far and if buying the Legacy Pack will help Cryptic create more content like I'm seeing in LOR for future STO updates then I'd greatly consider it.

Thanks for your time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic doesnt refund. Sorry
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    I asked that a couple pages ago. Branflakes said to try emailing PWE billing, since it doesn't give you a discount automatically.

/10characters
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Cryptic doesnt refund. Sorry

this^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Greetings All,

I recently picked up the LOR Starter Pack and I've been contemplating maybe buying the Legacy Pack.

I really like the looks of most of the new Romulan ships and I'm pretty sure that overtime I would most likely get all of them somehow.

I'm waiting to get more information on the vessels before I decided whether or not I'll buy the Legacy pack; however, if I do, would I get a refund on the Starter Pack that I already own?

Twenty dollars is not a lot of money but the Legacy Pack includes everything that's in the Starter Pack and you can only claim one of each item per character on the account so in a sense if I buy the Legacy Pack my Starter Pack becomes useless and wasted money.

What's really making me consider buying the Legacy Pack is the fact that I'm greatly enjoying my experience beta testing LOR on Tribble.

I like what I'm seeing in LOR thus far and if buying the Legacy Pack will help Cryptic create more content like I'm seeing in LOR for future STO updates then I'd greatly consider it.

Thanks for your time!

You can ticket into Billing for assistance on this -- they may be able to help. Go to support.perfectworld.com and choose "Billing Support" as the category.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Chances are I won't go full Legacy, but I did buy a Starter pack, and have sent a support ticket in to find out what the deal is. I will post the results here.
  • Options
    jolantraskjolantrask Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ive allready droped $300 dolers on this game as a lifetime sub do we get any discounts or anything? a code we enter or something
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jolantrask wrote: »
    ive allready droped $300 dolers on this game as a lifetime sub do we get any discounts or anything? a code we enter or something

I don't recall LTS ever getting a discount so why would they now.
    GwaoHAD.png
This discussion has been closed.