test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• waaagh951waaagh951 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how do i know if preordered. and when do i pay for it if that is the case.
    don't want to know i did not preorder it when it is out.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    waaagh951 wrote: »
    how do i know if preordered. and when do i pay for it if that is the case.
    don't want to know i did not preorder it when it is out.
    You go to the Pack page HERE.

You decide which one you want and then click on the Buy Now link. That takes you to a page where you can pay with Skrill or Paypals. As it's a pre-order you must pay for it before LoR goes live.

Once the transaction is complete you will get emails stating such. You will also be able to see the Pack listed under My Wallet on the PWE site - which can be found under Charge Zen at the top right of this page.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited May 2013
    thanks. now i know my preorder did not happen. time to preorder it then
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    You go to the Pack page HERE.

You decide which one you want and then click on the Buy Now link. That takes you to a page where you can pay with Skrill or Paypals. As it's a pre-order you must pay for it before LoR goes live.

Once the transaction is complete you will get emails stating such. You will also be able to see the Pack listed under My Wallet on the PWE site - which can be found under Charge Zen at the top right of this page.
    you are in my eyes a hero. many thanks! you have my eternal gratitude :)
  • fear1202fear1202 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    forgive me if i'm wrong but you say the expansion is free to play, so what's up with the 124 dollars, i hope this game isn't taking a step towards pay to win. I mean i just started playing this game and it seems decent to me and i don't know if it's really pay to win right now, but if the new expansion is free to play then it certainly seems like people paying 124 bucks will have an advantage.:rolleyes:
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fear1202 wrote: »
    forgive me if i'm wrong but you say the expansion is free to play, so what's up with the 124 dollars, i hope this game isn't taking a step towards pay to win. I mean i just started playing this game and it seems decent to me and i don't know if it's really pay to win right now, but if the new expansion is free to play then it certainly seems like people paying 124 bucks will have an advantage.:rolleyes:

The legacy pack just unlocks alot of the zen priced goodies like reman BO's playable remans and some c-store ships its not pay to win its just an unlockable pack a very expensive one lol
    edited May 2013
    fear1202 wrote: »
    The Legacy Pack is a C-Store bundle sale. Cryptic has put $181.00 worth of upcoming Romulan C-Store items into a bundle and is selling it for $125.00. If you buy it all once you get it for 30% off. You can buy it in the C-Store individually, and not on sale, when LoR launches on the 21st. The only things you cannot buy in the C-Store are the Titles and the 4-pack of Rom doffs.

You don't need any of it to play a Romulan any more then you need any of the existing C-Store items to play a Federation or Klingon character. Yes, having some of the items can give you a bit of an advantage, but it's not required. And you can always buy any wanted item via Dilithium grinding at a later date if you feel you must have it.

As far as it being Pay To Win, the game has been that way since it launched over 3 years ago and started selling C-Store items. Of course one has to ask what are you winning? If you don't PvP then you're not winning anything as you can do any of the PvE content as easily with free items as you can purchased items. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • narclusnarclus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi I used skrill to buy the cheaper pack, it just asked me for email and city then processed and said finished, that was 2 days again and I received no receipt in the email and no money has left any of my accounts.

Is there a way to see if I have sucessfully bought it, and if not has anyone had experience with skrill, how long should I wait before assuming they processed it wrong and I should try something like Paypal instead?

Thanks
    edited May 2013
    narclus wrote: »
    Hi I used skrill to buy the cheaper pack, it just asked me for email and city then processed and said finished, that was 2 days again and I received no receipt in the email and no money has left any of my accounts.

Is there a way to see if I have sucessfully bought it, and if not has anyone had experience with skrill, how long should I wait before assuming they processed it wrong and I should try something like Paypal instead?

Thanks
    If you're a new customer Skrill can take a day or so to process your first transaction, but it should show up as "payment review" under My Wallet. If you don't see any indication of a transaction there could be a problem. It might even have been declined. Skrill can be very finicky, IME. Skrill doesn't even work in all 50 states in the US.

You can also confirm your purchase by simply going back to the Legacy Pack site HERE. If your transaction was successful you should see a little pop-up on the right side of the screen saying "Thank you for supporting STO! You may still purchase the Legacy Pack for additional content!" The Buy Now button on the Standard Pack will also be blacked-out so that you can't buy the same Pack twice.

If it's not showing up as bought on the Legacy Pack site, and having gone 2 days now - and them being work days rather than weekend days - I would say try doing it using Paypal - especially if you see no indication of any transaction in My Wallet.
  • dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not sure if this was asked, and there was no clear answer when I asked it earlier...

I bought the legacy pack and it downloaded a file, and when I went to click on it to see what would happen, it looked like it was going to start installing Star Trek Online.

What exactly is the file that downloaded? Is it different than the Legacy of Romulus patch? Will the Legacy Patch be a different file?
  • dogmaticusdogmaticus Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One question... will also the Keys be available only after May 21st? Because I can't claim them now, and would love to be sure that it's fine ;).
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    dem613 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this was asked, and there was no clear answer when I asked it earlier...

I bought the legacy pack and it downloaded a file, and when I went to click on it to see what would happen, it looked like it was going to start installing Star Trek Online.

What exactly is the file that downloaded? Is it different than the Legacy of Romulus patch? Will the Legacy Patch be a different file?

Sorry for the confusion! This was recently added to the FAQ on page 1:
    Q: I bought a Legacy Pack and was redirected to download Star Trek Online, but I already have Star Trek Online installed. Do I have to reinstall the game in order to get my Legacy Pack?
    A:
    You are not required any additional downloads at this time, and the contents of the Legacy Pack will become available upon release of the Legacy of Romulus expansion. When the expansion is released, when you sign into your current launcher client, it will automatically download the expansion via a patch.
    Thanks for your support and purchasing a Pack! :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Edit: never mind answered above

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • odin5000odin5000 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    will i have to buy the ships in the legacy pack or will they just be givin to me
    edited May 2013
    odin5000 wrote: »
    will i have to buy the ships in the legacy pack or will they just be givin to me
    The Legacy Pack is full of C-Store ships. It's a C-Store bundle sale.

You will be given 1 new ship at each Rank-up as a Rom, just as you are as a Fed or KDF. The C-Store bundle ships are slightly better then the free ships are - just as the T1 NX, TOS Connie, and Oberth are slightly better then the T1 Miranda.

Neither Pack is required to play Romulan content.
    edited May 2013
    so there is not point on buying the legacy pack then
  • starwulfe1starwulfe1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was short one when say i got one i report it that there on missing from my inventory and no one wood help now trying this give away i bet ill never when i think gms trying to make my quit them game by making sure i don't get any in events or give aways:mad:
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    United Kingdom customers are still being told to purchase in Euros when we used British Pounds Sterling.
  • kbrown24kbrown24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q: Will those that purchased the Lifetime Subscription for STO before the launch of the original game be able to get and special perks or the Lifetime Sub for the Legacy Pack also?
    edited May 2013
    kbrown24 wrote: »
    Q: Will those that purchased the Lifetime Subscription for STO before the launch of the original game be able to get and special perks or the Lifetime Sub for the Legacy Pack also?
    The very first page of this thread has the FAQ that can give you basic information. You can also go to Dev blog 11 and see the statement about what Gold players get versus Silver - and that includes LTSers.

As far as the Legacy Packs, as has been said at least 100 times in this thread now, they're just C-Store bundles. They have nothing to do with being able to play a Romulan - nor do they have anything to do with your Subscription status. The Legacy Pack is simply $181.00 worth of upcoming C-Store items being sold for $125.00. If you buy it all at once you can get it for a 30% discount. Or you can buy the pieces individually when LoR is launched directly from the C-Store for full price. The only bonus to the Legacy Pack are the titles and the 4-pack of Rom Doffs. Everything else will be in the C-Store.
    edited May 2013
    odin5000 wrote: »
    so there is not point on buying the legacy pack then
    The incentives for buying the Legacy Pack is a 30% discount, some titles, and a 4-pack of Doffs. Everything else can be purchased individually in the C-Store when LoR goes live - assuming you want any of it.
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the info
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would really like to purchase a Legacy pack, but it's not possible to do so with ZEN. I'm not sure what the reasoning for this is. I've contacted Billing and got a reply along the lines of "We understand your message, but tough TRIBBLE, because we're only selling it in this way and this way." I'm saying I am willing and able to drop $125 on the game in one fell swoop, and yet I'm being rebuffed.

However, now that I know that almost everything in the pack will be available individually later on, I'm fine with this, and will likely spend less on the few things I actually want than I would have on the whole pack.

There's a lesson in this tale, for those in the company who are willing to heed it.
  • brianjoubertbrianjoubert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very cool, I can't wait for the new expansion
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starwulfe1 wrote: »
    i was short one when say i got one i report it that there on missing from my inventory and no one wood help now trying this give away i bet ill never when i think gms trying to make my quit them game by making sure i don't get any in events or give aways:mad:

Wait, what?? Is my universal translator malfunctioning again??

Might want to try that again, with all the help files this time, since I have a hard time of understanding what you are trying to say...
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Wait, what?? Is my universal translator malfunctioning again??

Might want to try that again, with all the help files this time, since I have a hard time of understanding what you are trying to say...

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell! :D
  • sparky123sparky123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    United Kingdom customers are still being told to purchase in Euros when we used British Pounds Sterling.

Yep, when I can pay in GBP I might be interested, not going to bother if I have to pay in Euro's though, especially at the current exchange rate. Strange how they offer the subs in GBP but not these packs :confused:
  • lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bought it love it cannot wait till the 21st, let my bank do the euro exchange rate as i saw it was robbing me if i left it to paypal to 'sort the exchange' to English pounds.

I too would've like to be able to buy it through say my steam account as I can offset the large cost with steam wallet from trading in games in my local UK GAME, hopefully its something to consider for later launches... or even sell digital cards through highstreet retailers like GAME(which was an original launch partner in the UK). This wasn't an issue for me really as I just found it a bit of a fuss but got to give choice to the people or they get grouchy, especially on sto :P
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    brought it, thanks! One thing bugs me... the Reman "Nemesis" Uniform only Reman's can wear it but most of the film Shizon, Picards HUMAN clone was wearing it. O_o
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bought mine today (took eight goes to get it to actually accept I exist)
    so now I shall have the classic style warbird right from the get go
    Live long and Prosper
This discussion has been closed.