What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will legacy 120 euro pack be on steam yes or no ?

With all pre order goodies that the current site provides such as duty officers and titles ?

This question has been asked several times and no developer ever answered it.

its been asked on steam forum several times.

its been asked on twitter several times.

PAYPAL AND SKRILL DO NOT WORK. <-- NO DONT WORK for many of uss.

steam works.

will it be on steam YES or NO ? with all the goddies ?

moderators dont move the topic since well we cant find it and if we cant find it then neaither can the developers who aktually NEEDS to answer it.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So...only gold members get to use the title on the forums? Well drats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep. And I'm very happy I'll be getting the old uniforms with the pack. :D

I can't see that anyone has asked about it, but I'd like to see the Rimulan uniform from Nemesis. I see the one for the Remans, and that's great if you are a fan of those creatures, but the best looking Romulan uniform in ST history(IMO), and no answer one way or another about it.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    aelrhiana wrote: »
    So...only gold members get to use the title on the forums? Well drats.

Any who purchased one of the packs can use the title(s) included in their pack on the forums :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like this.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    snjester01snjester01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since I'm not seeing it in the FAQ's, (and don't want to crawl through the entire thread) will lifers get access to liberated borg versions of the romulans (and possibly remans if we have the legacy pack) ?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snjester01 wrote: »
    Since I'm not seeing it in the FAQ's, (and don't want to crawl through the entire thread) will lifers get access to liberated borg versions of the romulans (and possibly remans if we have the legacy pack) ?

Lifers get Borg Romulans, just like the Klingons get Borg Klingons and The Federation gets Borg Humans.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    azurerail1azurerail1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Will any of the things in the Legacy pack be available later on, individually?

With the economy the way it is $125.00 dollars in a single pop, is too rich for my bank account now-a-days.

I agree, its just not practical for many people to pop $125 dollars for a piece of a game, like cryptic we too have bills to pay. The lifetime Subscription over $200 is way far to expensive seeing that its a big investment for one game.

Really to pay Even $125 for the packs is unfeasible since the Items being offered will later be released anyhow. For the fun of it ill List Price's i think are affordable.

Legacy Pack: $89.00 AUD
    Starter pack $14.00 AUD
    Lifetime Subscription: $ 114.00 AUD

$200 AUD, This is a touchy investment Because we'd need to play the game for years to make up the value of the pack Respectively. Another thing that i think influences my decision to buy these packs is "Will there r be frequent new storyline missions to say that this game has many years to go"?

Lastly, lock boxes, unlocks and other perks almost defies the need for a subscription even trough Its $ 30 every few months because we can pay for ZEN when our pockets are in surplus?. There are more features as a gold member but realistically, is it really that much better than Silver players?

Cheers: Azurerail1
  • Options
    snjester01snjester01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Lifers get Borg Romulans, just like the Klingons get Borg Klingons and The Federation gets Borg Humans.

Thought so, just found it odd that I couldn't make one on tribble, hence my asking bout the borg rom even though parts of it are there in the character creation
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    azurerail1 wrote: »
    I agree, its just not practical for many people to pop $125 dollars for a piece of a game, like cryptic we too have bills to pay. The lifetime Subscription over $200 is way far to expensive seeing that its a big investment for one game.

Really to pay Even $125 for the packs is unfeasible since the Items being offered will later be released anyhow.

Yeah, two months ago I wouldn't have been able to afford it. Now that I'm out of debt, the Legacy Pack was my reward to myself. :D
    Lastly, lock boxes, unlocks and other perks almost defies the need for a subscription even trough Its $ 30 every few months because we can pay for ZEN when our pockets are in surplus?. There are more features as a gold member but realistically, is it really that much better than Silver players?

Gold is worth paying at least one month for, even if you never pay a dime after that. It unlocks twice as many bank & inventory slots on all your characters, and 400 Zen. That's worth $15, IMO.

Lifetime is a harder sell, given the price. But, if you can afford it, the monthly stipend and Borg captain, plus all the bonus slots, really sounds worth it to me. Next time they have a $199 sale, I'll likely snag it.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    snjester01 wrote: »
    Thought so, just found it odd that I couldn't make one on tribble, hence my asking bout the borg rom even though parts of it are there in the character creation

I don't think any C-Store stuff was available on Tribble, so it's not surprising that Borg captains were not listed.
    ____
  • Options
    nitehawk27nitehawk27 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to know when the price changes for the legacy packs are. I'm hoping they change at the very least next month. I can't buy this pack until the 31st of april 10 days after launch. It would be a shame for the prices to be higher at that time.

It's a limited timePrerelease pack... so assuming that it probably won't be available after launch might be a safe bet. sorry man
  • Options
    izanagi16994izanagi16994 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nitehawk27 wrote: »
    It's a limited timePrerelease pack... so assuming that it probably won't be available after launch might be a safe bet. sorry man

Bah, ah well. what price would i expect? ?50 more? I suppose i can afford it.
  • Options
    idontknow200idontknow200 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope that the romulan/reman scorpion fighter and runabout will be added to the $20.00 pack
  • Options
    verweigertxverweigertx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does any of these pack come with gold account subscription or life time subscription?

Anyone see a FAQ anywhere?? :P
  • Options
    ngc1502ngc1502 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

I just purchased the Legacy Pack using Pay Pal and was asked if I wanted to run the download or save it. I saved it. The question is do I run it now or do I wait till a date that this is "active" ( for want of a better word"? I did try to run the application and it asked where to run it. My STO is through Steam. I just need some clarification on what to do and where to direct the Legacy Download.

Thanks.
  • Options
    srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @NGC its already activated if u got the email, so just log out and log in on forums and u can join in on green titles.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • Options
    wolfgar2wolfgar2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else notice the Starter Pack does not come with the Reman Race now?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wolfgar2 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the Starter Pack does not come with the Reman Race now?

It never did :) You may be confusing it for the Liberated Borg Reman Officer.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    xecutioner84xecutioner84 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Is it possible to transfer your Legacy pack that you purchased to another account? I bought it on my new star trek account and remembered my old one which has the game that I purchased before it went free 2 play. If so that would be amazing if not this sucks :(. Only reason I ask is I have my high lvl toons on my old STO account and the new one has nothing on it and i purchased it by mistake.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is it possible to transfer your Legacy pack that you purchased to another account? I bought it on my new star trek account and remembered my old one which has the game that I purchased before it went free 2 play. If so that would be amazing if not this sucks :(. Only reason I ask is I have my high lvl toons on my old STO account and the new one has nothing on it and i purchased it by mistake.

Please reach out to billing support at http://support.perfectworld.com (choose the 'contact us' tab, and make sure to use the category dropdown for 'billing') -- they may be able to help.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not sure if this has been answered, dont feel ike going thru 50+ pages...

with the TOS uniform offered, those of us that purchased the TOS pack, will this be added to our list of available uniforms, or is this going to be a seperate purchase?
    It's a separate pack just like the KDF Academy uniform is a different pack from the Fed Academy uniform.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if the LTS or even golds had it where the legacy pack stuff came at a discount. In theory since the Dilithium Exchange is based on a system where people who are buying zen and selling it for dilithium it would still be making Cryptic money but with a discount or atleast being able to purchase the pack by having an LTS would be appreciated. Although I'm not sure what comes in the pack that you won't be able to get in the c-store that isn't vanity stuff/fluff.
  • Options
    masterjedijaredmasterjedijared Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry if this is already asked. Does anyone know if you already purchased the Starter Pack, and you then get the Legacy Pack, do you get refunded the amount for the Starter Pack? The FAQ doesn't say anything about upgrade price, just that it is possible. I don't want to pay full price for both if the Legacy includes the Starter.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if the LTS or even golds had it where the legacy pack stuff came at a discount. In theory since the Dilithium Exchange is based on a system where people who are buying zen and selling it for dilithium it would still be making Cryptic money but with a discount or atleast being able to purchase the pack by having an LTS would be appreciated. Although I'm not sure what comes in the pack that you won't be able to get in the c-store that isn't vanity stuff/fluff.

The only stuff exclusive to the Legacy Pack are a couple titles. Everything else will be on the C-store. And, as a Lifer, you do get a discount via your monthly stipend. :cool:
    ____
  • Options
    highnd5highnd5 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if Life-time subscribers had a bit of a discount.. but beggars aren't choosers I suppose.
    Des - Vice Admiral [50] (Fed/Tactical)
    Barra - Lieutenant General [50] (KDF/Engineer)
    Bara - Commander [30] - (Rom/Science)
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those who don't understand why PWE uses a third-party service instead of taking credit cards directly:

Participate in one PCI audit in your lifetime. You will never, ever have the desire to take credit cards without using a third-party service, ever again. Trust uncle syberghost on this one, he does Compliance for a living.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Joined the ranks of the Starter Pack owners.

Sorry Cryptic, I love you guys, but I dropped $300 to guarantee myself access to this game forever or for as long as it lasts. I just can't justify dropping $121 more for a bunch of ships I may never use, deal or not.

No, rather, I'm going to let dil + stipend pay for everything. Or at least, everything that I don't drop the 5000 zen I bought a while ago on.
This discussion has been closed.