Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• Options
    jolantraskjolantrask Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I don't recall LTS ever getting a discount so why would they now.

oh right,that would make sense,forgot nothing has made sense with this game since release starting to think i wasted $300 with the way the games progressed.doubt ill put anymore into it but it never hurts to be curious
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jolantrask wrote: »
    oh right,that would make sense,forgot nothing has made sense with this game since release starting to think i wasted $300 with the way the games progressed.doubt ill put anymore into it but it never hurts to be curious
    The Legacy Pack is a C-Store bundle. It has nothing to do with playing a Romulan. Rom content is free - and you get a free T1 to T5 ship as you level. That's no different then the KDF or Fed side of the game. If you want the C-Store items you can get them in a pre-order Pack, which gives you a 30% discount, or you can buy them for full price individually when LoR goes live. Just like any other C-Store item, they're optional, and not required for play. And none of that has anything to do with your Subscription status.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Legacy Pack is a C-Store bundle. It has nothing to do with playing a Romulan. Rom content is free - and you get a free T1 to T5 ship as you level. That's no different then the KDF or Fed side of the game. If you want the C-Store items you can get them in a pre-order Pack, which gives you a 30% discount, or you can buy them for full price individually when LoR goes live. Just like any other C-Store item, they're optional, and not required for play. And none of that has anything to do with your Subscription status.

i was under the impression to get rom content you had to drop it on one of the packs listed ie starter or legacy inorder to allow the game to unlock it for your use AND THEN re buy everything you just as example droped 124.99 on again

i was reading it as as it wasent avalible unless you bought the packs did not see that they had "stock" gear
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i was under the impression to get rom content you had to drop it on one of the packs listed ie starter or legacy inorder to allow the game to unlock it for your use AND THEN re buy everything you just as example droped 124.99 on again

i was reading it as as it wasent avalible unless you bought the packs did not see that they had "stock" gear
    That seems to be a common misconception - probably due to how some of the gaming sites seem to be advertising LoR. All the Rom content is free for everyone. The Packs are just C-Store bundles sold at a discount for those who think they're going to be buying them eventually.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edohigumaedohiguma Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Entitled much?

Life time sub. You're no longer paying a subscription, that means after roughly 2 years they're no longer making any money off you, yet you still get all the perks of a normal subscription. So you have to pay for this expansion? Oh the horror. World's clearly ending.

Deal with the simple fact that a life time sub only means this: life time sub. And it's a pretty fine deal if you play a game for longer than 2 years.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    edohiguma wrote: »
    Entitled much?

Life time sub. You're no longer paying a subscription, that means after roughly 2 years they're no longer making any money off you, yet you still get all the perks of a normal subscription. So you have to pay for this expansion? Oh the horror. World's clearly ending.

Deal with the simple fact that a life time sub only means this: life time sub. And it's a pretty fine deal if you play a game for longer than 2 years.
    It's all good. I've answered this same question well over 200 times since the 18th. Many, many, many, many people thought the Packs meant the content must be purchased.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    That seems to be a common misconception - probably due to how some of the gaming sites seem to be advertising LoR. All the Rom content is free for everyone. The Packs are just C-Store bundles sold at a discount for those who think they're going to be buying them eventually.

and thuss the basis of my allbeit micro ragefest i fell for that misconcepction thank you for answering my question youve cleared up my curiousness i revoke my "i quit" rant now haveing been enlightened

@ the troll who called me entitled: try actually reading the topic before you post bro troll failed
  • Options
    aesirkyraesirkyr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In case i havent already asked the question here...

Devs,

I and several others would greatly appreciate it if the Legacy Packs could be made available for purchase via Steam. Some of us simply dont have the neccessary cards with which to buy the packs online but over time we have been able to get steam money through cash.

You would sell a lot more Legacy packs as well as make plenty of your loyal fans extremely excited if you would consider making Steam a viable payment offer.

Many Thanks for your consideration.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    hapievohapievo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I did not happen to see it.

Have they announced a break down of how much zen each of the different items in the legacy pack would cost after launch?

I understand the big pack says there's a savings of $57 (unless my math/memory has failed me :P ), but I don't want all the items in pack and would like to know if it would behoove me to get the things I do want a la carte.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    hapievo wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I did not happen to see it.

Have they announced a break down of how much zen each of the different items in the legacy pack would cost after launch?

I understand the big pack says there's a savings of $57 (unless my math/memory has failed me :P ), but I don't want all the items in pack and would like to know if it would behoove me to get the things I do want a la carte.

Thanks!
    It's $181.00 worth of items. I did a rough breakdown earlier in the thread:
    Assuming the ships follow the same pricing structure as the Fed or KDF you get:

Fighter: $5.00
    T1: $5.00
    T2: $7.50
    T3: $10.00
    T4: $15.00
    4@T5: $80.00
    That's $122.50 in ships.

Playable Reman: $6.00
    Account-wide Liberated Reman Boff: $10.00
    Doff Pack: $2.00
    Uniform: $5.50
    30 Keys: $33.75

That all adds up to $179.75, and I might be off $1.25 somewhere to get to $181.00
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I sent in a ticket to PWE billing. They will refund the Starter Pack price if you buy a Legacy Pack after buying the Starter Pack:
    Hello

Unfortunately, we do not have an upgrade option available at this time. If you would like to upgrade your STO starter pack to a STO legacy Pack, please purchase the Legacy Pack then let us know you have successfully made the purchase. Once we have verified that the purchase has been made, we can refund the starter Pack purchase.

Thank you for playing!

So that's nice, for people who think they can only afford a little, and then decide to go big.
  • Options
    hapievohapievo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks the cosmic1!

Your pricing breakdown is pretty much what I was guessing it was going to be.

Also sorry for not completely going through the thread myself, but at 44 pages and counting I became lazy :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    hapievo wrote: »
    Thanks the cosmic1!

Your pricing breakdown is pretty much what I was guessing it was going to be.

Also sorry for not completely going through the thread myself, but at 44 pages and counting I became lazy :D
    The only thing to keep in mind is that the Doff Pack and the Titles are exclusive to the Packs. You can't buy those in-game. So if you want the title "Rihannsu," for example, then the only way to get it would be to buy the Legacy Pack.

Everything else will be in the C-Store when LoR launches.
  • Options
    ruivoml1ruivoml1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, after 3 or 4 years away.. forgot how long it's been since CB. Finally the romulan faction =).

Always had hopes for it. Maybe i'll come back to check it out.
  • Options
    lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Purchased and cannot wait. Also the EU price varrible is VAT(Value Added Tax), which is 20% in the UK does say above but noticed a few people moaning and I myself also did moan at first untill i remebered. My taxes ain't so bad i'll live :) also paypal was bing a git with doing its own translation of Euros to pounds so I optioned to let my bank worry about that and saved ?6ish.

My only question is with the Remans being unlockable in game with the New Romulus reputation(which my main has done already) will there be anything else added like more clothes options for people who bought the Legacy pack, not exclusive to us as thats just as easily just put into the pack(of which there are varrious clothes options already). Just lwondering detailes of these new incentives that are being added along with the unlockable playable race. And what do we get to kind of balance the Omega rep grind freed borg bridge officers of races like Andorians or Gorn??? That'd be cool - just saying :)
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • Options
    jstryverjstryver Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone who is returning to the game to play a Romulan. I wish part of the legacy pack I bought would have been access to them on tribble. I know there will eventually be a point they open it to all players, but still, it would have been nice.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't think it would matter anyway if what you want is access to your pack stuff. You can't claim C-Store items on Tribble as far as I know. If you transfer a Holodeck character that already has the item it will transfer with them. But a character created on Tribble can't themselves go in and claim something. For example, I wasn't able to claim my Red Matter Capacitor when I was play testing the Romulan stuff. Also, those Legacy Pack ships and other items are not necessarily done yet. The LoR expansion on Tribble is, as yet, incomplete.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Updated the rank names in the FAQ:
    Q: How do ship tiers and player rank compare to my Romulan character's level?
    A: The tiers, ranks, and levels match up like this:
    • Tier 1 = Romulan Civilian (Levels 0-4)
    • Tier 1 = Romulan Lieutenant (Levels 5-9)
    • Tier 2 = Romulan Centurion (Levels 10-19)
    • Tier 3 = Romulan Subcommander (Levels 20-29)
    • Tier 4 = Romulan Commander (Levels 30-39)
    • Tier 5 = Romulan Subadmiral I (Levels 40-44)
    • Tier 5 = Romulan Subadmiral II (Levels 45-49)
    • Tier 5 = Romulan Vice Admiral (Level 50)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the change, though I would have preferred:

Subadmiral
    Admiral
    Vice Admiral

:)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the change, though I would have preferred:

Subadmiral
    Admiral
    Vice Admiral

:)

I think, if you look at most Admiralty structures, "Admiral" is superior to "Vice Admiral" :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, Admiral is the next highest rank to Fleet Admiral. Same thing with General for the army (4 stars).
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think, if you look at most Admiralty structures, "Admiral" is superior to "Vice Admiral" :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I just think the whole I/II thing is somewhat off. The KDF get distinct titles at each Rank while the Feds have to deal with Upper/Lower and the Roms need to deal with I/II. It just feels clunky and tacked on. And it's especially annoying to have an NPC call you Rear Admiral Lower Half - and I'm sure it will be clunky to see a Rom NPC call you Subadmiral I.

Let's rename the Feds: Commodore, Rear Admiral, and Vice Admiral and rename the Roms Subadmiral, Vice Admiral, and Admiral. That way all 3 Factions can feel distinctive at each Rank.

Or better yet, simply merge all of 40-49 together and call it 1 title rather then 2 groups of 5. 40-49 can be Rear Admiral for the Feds and Subadmiral for the Roms. No upper/lower, no I/II. :)
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about instead of Vice Admiral you make it SubGeneral?

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updated the rank names in the FAQ:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can I ask a silly question? What's the point of having I and II or Rear Admiral Lower Half/Upper Half anymore, especially since we don't get doffs or a ship anymore? Has that ever been discussed?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the Roman numbers at the end of those ranks. They look more... roman?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just think the whole I/II thing is somewhat off. The KDF get distinct titles at each Rank while the Feds have to deal with Upper/Lower and the Roms need to deal with I/II. It just feels clunky and tacked on. And it's especially annoying to have an NPC call you Rear Admiral Lower Half - and I'm sure it will be clunky to see a Rom NPC call you Subadmiral I.

Let's rename the Feds: Commodore, Rear Admiral, and Vice Admiral and rename the Roms Subadmiral, Vice Admiral, and Admiral. That way all 3 Factions can feel distinctive at each Rank.

Or better yet, simply merge all of 40-49 together and call it 1 title rather then 2 groups of 5. 40-49 can be Rear Admiral for the Feds and Subadmiral for the Roms. No upper/lower, no I/II. :)

I could be mistaken, so don't hold me to it, but I believe the tech to just call you "Rear Admiral" is coming with Legacy of Romulus, regardless of being "Upper" or "Lower". I'll still pass along your (and the posts above this one) feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking for Rear Admiral Lower and Upper, those are real ranks that are below Vice Admiral. With us progressing to Fleet Admiral soon (please do not add a new tier of ships), Admiral is the rank between Vice and Fleet Admiral. Thus if 40-44 is Rear Admiral Lower, 45-49 is Rear Admiral Upper, I can only assume that 50-54 is Vice Admiral, 55-59 is Admiral and 60 is Fleet Admiral.

To be honest, I think the highest rank you could be, should be Captain and that Admiral ranks would be something reserved for fleet officers. When has Star Trek been about the heroic adventures or an admiral, the only example would be Kirk, but that was a great demonstration on how to get demoted.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could be mistaken, so don't hold me to it, but I believe the tech to just call you "Rear Admiral" is coming with Legacy of Romulus, regardless of being "Upper" or "Lower". I'll still pass along your (and the posts above this one) feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Will that tech evolve into the tech to have NPCs call you by whatever title you choose? E.g. "Captain" or "Tal Shiar's Most Wanted"?

Better yet, implement a different rank structure that either ends at captain, or just has different levels of captain "clearance". I get that you want to tie our leveling in to the show's ranks for some reason, but I think many people would prefer to just be a captain.
  • Options
    kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah, good to be back, after 6mo away from STO.. or any PC game I've returned. My aunt favored me with an old (2yo) Office Comp. After a few tweaks (Added my old Graphics card and hard drive from a friend) to the new PC and hopefully it'll run STO (And SWToR which I was playing before my old PC died).

Now on to Buisness.. As a Lifter, I don't think we should get too much extra. When I purchased LTS (Founder) they only said we "May" get other things along the way. The only thing we were Guaranteed along with Non-LTS was not having to play for the expansions and our playable Borg, we were also supposed to have exclusive access to that traswarpy base thingy (Which was also made available to Vets) which did annoy me a bit, but since no-one ever went ther, no real great loss. As they stated the expansion is free so thats fine.

As for the special ships and whatnot, No I don't think we should get them free, Maybe a little something like the afforementiond Reman/Romulan playable borg or something but as a LTS I've more than gotten what I've paid for which is not having to pay a sub, get 500zen/cp per mo etc. etc.

As to the above post(s) I agree about the titles.. We have way to many VA's running around. The structure should be set back to Captain being the highest rank with VA reserved for the leader of a Fleet (or additionally the fleets leadership). I'd be quite happy just being called "Captain".. or even.. "Hey you". Seeing everyone as VA's (And counting the ones I've deleted I've hade.. um.. 5-8 VA's) really doesn't make alot of sense. Also I like the idea of being called by whatever title/perk I have selected at the time (Which oddly enough is usually Captain, though I have used some of the others as a whim)

At least they are finally releasing this. Just as the Cathar are finally comming to Bio Ware's SWToR. They are keeping up their end of the bargain and I for one am happy about that at least. Keep up the good work Cryptic, will be checking out Neverwinter soon too as it looks like you guys did a nice job on it. Never got to use my Closed Beta invite for that as that was the day my old PC died, but since you're in Open Beta now I hope to look into it soon.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
This discussion has been closed.