test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get Latest Sto Launcher Here!

Comments

• amrynthaamryntha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, I'm so glad this doesn't seem to be only me.
  • trivan1trivan1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was playing up until about an hour ago. Game froze up. Restarted as I normally would, bam, launcher wouldn't update. I've tried everything in this thread:

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4341&page=11

Nothing has worked.

I've been enjoying this game quite a bit, was waiting until I hit 50 to see how the endgame is before I spent any cash on it (currently level 46 and have a list of things I'd like to purchase) and now am concerned that I won't be able to play at all. The main site startrekonline.com to redownload the game is unresponsive as well. Bottomline, this sucks.
  • tygressstygresss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    not only does your post not work I can't even download the game from the perfect world official website and I was just on like 4 hours ago no problems now nothing
  • tygressstygresss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH THE GAME AUTO UPDATER WON'T WORK THE FORUM LINK DOES'NT WORK AND NOW I CAN'T EVEN REINSTAL THE GAME OR DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE PERFECT WORLD OFFICAL SITE NICE WORK ON THE PATCH TODAY SO MUCH FOR BEING A GOLD MEMBER I WANT MY MONEY BACK.:mad:
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People people chill out.... Just cause you cant pay STO that dosent mean its dooms day...
    Every "Online" game has its problems at one time or another... just breath in go eat something or watch a movie...

STO is not the only game with this problem its a Server Wide problem including Neverwinter, STO and CO.....

Chill!!!!!!! :P
    6tviTDx.png

• spyrow424spyrow424 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to still be an issue. Any time frame on when this will be fixed? Some of us pay good money to play, it would be nice to know when we can... :-\
  • captainwilliams2captainwilliams2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you think that they will fix the launcher. Or just say sorry guys and shut the game down permenantly
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you think that they will fix the launcher. Or just say sorry guys and shut the game down permenantly

The former. With all the resources they've been pouring into LoR, shutting the servers down now makes zero sense.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • rewand1rewand1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Calm down, it will get fixed like it always does, i agree it's inconvenient for us paying players, but all online games get these issues.
    Just go get a beer breath in and out slowly and stand by...
  • acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok... so this launcher issue isn't only me. I was on the game earlier. Logged to run to the store and came back and luncher wouldnt work. I assumed it was just me. Hopefully this is resolved soon.
  • avalon314avalon314 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amryntha wrote: »
    Oh, I'm so glad this doesn't seem to be only me.

Misery loves company.... I guess welcome me to the club ... was playing an hour ago now i"ve spent my whole two hours of game time trying to get the Launcher to work....

What a terrible way to use my game time.....
    edited May 2013
    Thank you. How did the launcher break anyways
  • cyancaptmorgancyancaptmorgan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have had the same issue - 15 minutes after the patch I was disconnected and unable to login. Re-installed the game and even messed around with the firewall. Nothing has worked so far, but I am glad to see others with this issue.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, this is a first for me. I've not ever had this problem, but my Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate is failing. Keeps telling me it's trying to update the launcher. To be patient, and tries to connect a couple-three times and fails.
    Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

STO worked fine last night. This is my first attempt to use it today. I tried to use the link in the OP, but using that EXE didn't help.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited May 2013
    Thank you. How did the launcher break anyways

I don't know, i dont work for cryptic, i just like breathing in and out slowly while drinking beer :)
  • clidal2002clidal2002 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so this obviously isn't the first time this has happened,not just to me but other people. actually this is the second time for me with STO. anywho this is what happened to me I was playing neverwinter , thought id update sto while I was, then was updating and decided it was slowing neverwinter to much so decided to update later. closed out of the sto launcher, continued to play neverwinter with no issue, then loged out of neverwinter for a sec and now cant log in.......I gotta wonder if I never would have tried updating sto if id even have had an issue.:mad:
  • gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been having the same issues getting more frequent, and lasting longer. I sincerely, honestly, hopefully, anxiously, am awaiting a honest, forthright answer. If that is given, i would be able to deal with the game better than being in the dark. something on the order of Well guys, we tried all the soft fixes on our end and the hardware just finally needs replacing, in order to do that, that game has to be down for (place time here eg. 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 weeks, etc). that may be a bummer, BUT, i can then stop getting frustrated, simply TEMPORARILY stop playing it, til after the time stated. Each time we try and fail and or try to find answers and get some lame answers obfuscating truth (even if you dont know yet, but are still investigating), or long periods of silence, it only makes us more aggravated to keep trying and get nowhere. PLEASE, just let us know and keep us updated? if you are trying everything you can without brining down the game for quite a bit of time, I understand, BUT players really need it to work and work well. just go ahead and do it! honestly telling us, biting the bullet and brining the game down wont be nearly as bad as forever gaining the rep of poor service via noninfo, poor info, and continual poor functionality.

By the way? i still love the game and what you are doing to grow it, I'm not trying to troll or bash. just so ya might think about it?........I think the massive jerkiness, rubberbanding, crashing out of game while goin in and out of tau dewa, and new romulus AND the game launchernon working issue are related. maby a bandwith choke point in pipline? or perhaps the networking control hd/sw?
    good luck guys.

and ("cheers") to Brandon, i know ya feild more of the garbage talk than ya ever need to.

gojored (NO..i DONT have red hair!!!) lol
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • adrastasadrastas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone else having log in problems checked their account status? I got the patch just fine, but then about 30 mins into play, about an hour or so ago, the server stopped responding and it disconnected me. Unable to relog back in, I decided to check my account status just in case my biling date came days earlier than I expected, and it says that my account is inactive, that I have been subscribed for 0 days, and have a balence of 0 zen. It's super scary. Anyone else in the same boat?
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can't log in either was on about 4pm eastern and now nothing
    edited May 2013
    gojored wrote: »
    I've been having the same issues getting more frequent, and lasting longer. I sincerely, honestly, hopefully, anxiously, am awaiting a honest, forthright answer. If that is given, i would be able to deal with the game better than being in the dark.

I agree, an update here and there wouldn't hurt.
  • bloodwolfgurlbloodwolfgurl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to play for a few hours this evening and then at around 8pm I shut it down. I tried to get back on just now and I get that updater issue.

I tried the new launcher and I'm still having that same problem, any reason why? Is there a server-wide problem, am I going to have to wait or something?
    -BWG
  • ima5uima5u Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    You're not the only one with an inactive account. Maybe the subscription has gone from free to play. Back to oh you gotta pay to play
    edited May 2013
    ima5u wrote: »

I suppose that answered that question!
    -BWG
    edited May 2013
    You're not the only one with an inactive account. Maybe the subscription has gone from free to play. Back to oh you gotta pay to play

I don't think so, at least, this is what Steam says: "Free-to-Play - Play a triple-A MMO experience without cost. Play from level 1 to 50 free of charge! There is no box price and no mandatory subscription. Enjoy Star Trek Online as you like, when you like."
    -BWG
  • mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for this. I was having this very problem right now, and this is the first post I came to. Now lets see if it fixes my problem..... :eek:
    edited May 2013
    Just noticed the first link I posted has some green lights coming back on. So perhaps the delay may almost be over. I also found people communicating the issues over at https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame
    edited May 2013
    Now lets watch the servers crash while people flood to log in :P

Edit: Yep already coming back down after getting the autopatcher to work momentarily.
    edited May 2013
    ima5u wrote: »
    Now lets watch the servers crash while people flood to log in :P

Edit: Yep already coming back down after getting the autopatcher to work momentarily.

I'm just glad it's not just me! I'm going to wait a while to play again, just in case!
    -BWG
    edited May 2013
    All the server statuses on the mmoserverstatus website are online. But it says down on the launcher itself What the heck is that