test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GM/ Customer Service/ Billing Support and Tickets

Comments

• swimmingfrogswimmingfrog Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello All,
    This is just me venting about my disappointment in Cyptic/PWE customer service. I was really hoping they would be able to help me out, but I can say I'm not surprised by the results that I received.

Here's my situation. I saved up enough dilithium to buy a complete set of antiproton weapons for my Chimera Heavy Destroyer. I chose to get the new advanced fleet DMGx2, ACCx2 weapons. On April 2, 2013, I bought my weapons, and realized when I went to equip them, that I had bought the 3xAdvanced Fleet Antiproton Dual Cannons versus the 3x Advanced Fleet Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons.
    I was angry at myself for making the mistake, and was unable to return it to the vendor to exchange it for the weapons that I wanted.
    My only other option was to ask the GM/Customer Service for support. I explained my situation in a support ticket, and did a little prayer. Today I received the results.

Hello
    unfortunately we can not exchange or reimburse your cannons. We apologize for this inconvenience.
    If you have found a bug, we would like to encourage you to file a Bug Report through the ingame Help Menu.
    Thank you for playing,
    Perfect World Support

So, due to Cryptic/PWE being unable to help me in this situation, I?m stuck, and very disappointed.

I do find it odd however that the customer service is unable to help me in this small task, yet they seem hell bent on promoting the new Neverwinter game. I ask myself why I would venture out and buy another game from Cryptic/PWE when they are unable to assist me in the game that I have already bought from them? It seems that their priorities are somewhere else, and it is very frustrating.

My solution to this simple problem would be to allot a time period where one could return an item for full refund. My example is 1 hour return policy on items. One could purchase, let?s say the wrong ship weapon, only to find out once equipping the weapon. The weapon could simply be returned to the vendor within the alloted one hour time period for a full refund allowing said person to purchase the correct weapon. As simple as this may sound, it is probably beyond the scope of the STO developers abilities.

Well, that?s it for me. My problem, and my proposed solution. Let me know what you think. Maybe I?m just being unreasonable.
    :mad:
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Outfit on my Klingon is Locked and can't do anything with it , no help from support nor GM.
    For the last 45 days I cant change or edit outfit on my Klingon he is stuck with incomplete OMEGA set visually.
    I have over 9K accolades Tier 5 full sets of everything from reputation store KHG AKHG OMEGA MK XII with new looks outfit , before new reputation i was having full sets.
    For last 3 yrs i didn't have any problems with MACO or KHG or OMEGA sets visually it started with GDM costume unlock project task from reputation store on fed and Klingon. All visuals are OFF , but it do not have any effect and they are not a problem i presume. Custom outfit is a problem not visual of the full SET.
    When I go to the tailor can't change what to ware I can only edit this OMEGA SET what I ware with out some parts .

What is the problem ?
    Am I the only one with this problem?
    Or this is the reward of fantastic reputation system ?

Here is video see for yourself:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDvJUqTLTw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECABni0yQE
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello All,
    This is just me venting about my disappointment in Cyptic/PWE customer service. I was really hoping they would be able to help me out, but I can say I'm not surprised by the results that I received.

Here's my situation. I saved up enough dilithium to buy a complete set of antiproton weapons for my Chimera Heavy Destroyer. I chose to get the new advanced fleet DMGx2, ACCx2 weapons. On April 2, 2013, I bought my weapons, and realized when I went to equip them, that I had bought the 3xAdvanced Fleet Antiproton Dual Cannons versus the 3x Advanced Fleet Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons.
    I was angry at myself for making the mistake, and was unable to return it to the vendor to exchange it for the weapons that I wanted.
    My only other option was to ask the GM/Customer Service for support. I explained my situation in a support ticket, and did a little prayer. Today I received the results.

Hello
    unfortunately we can not exchange or reimburse your cannons. We apologize for this inconvenience.
    If you have found a bug, we would like to encourage you to file a Bug Report through the ingame Help Menu.
    Thank you for playing,
    Perfect World Support

So, due to Cryptic/PWE being unable to help me in this situation, I?m stuck, and very disappointed.

I do find it odd however that the customer service is unable to help me in this small task, yet they seem hell bent on promoting the new Neverwinter game. I ask myself why I would venture out and buy another game from Cryptic/PWE when they are unable to assist me in the game that I have already bought from them? It seems that their priorities are somewhere else, and it is very frustrating.

My solution to this simple problem would be to allot a time period where one could return an item for full refund. My example is 1 hour return policy on items. One could purchase, let?s say the wrong ship weapon, only to find out once equipping the weapon. The weapon could simply be returned to the vendor within the alloted one hour time period for a full refund allowing said person to purchase the correct weapon. As simple as this may sound, it is probably beyond the scope of the STO developers abilities.

Well, that?s it for me. My problem, and my proposed solution. Let me know what you think. Maybe I?m just being unreasonable.
    :mad:

Why in the hell support should repair your mistakes? "Ow hi, I by accident sell my ZENs for dilithium in 1:50 rate, can you back transaction or add me additional dilith for current rate." HELL NO!
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dont know about returns, but a trial period would be nice since there is a rather significant lack of documentation on what things do. SOmetimes just seeing the numbers from a parser is the only way to know for sure.

It seems silly that a space faring people as advanced as Starfleet or the KDF cannot provide a simulator to test new equipment.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    STO has a few issues. So does my wife, I still love her, I still love STO. This isnt a game bashing post.

From time to time things go wrong and we file a bug report or request GM help. In my experiance it takes about 8 days to get a responce from a GM, which can usualy be summed up as 'We are sorry to hear you had a problem, file a bug report.'

So I am curius. What exactly is within a GMs power to do?
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    STO has a few issues. So does my wife, I still love her, I still love STO. This isnt a game bashing post.

From time to time things go wrong and we file a bug report or request GM help. In my experiance it takes about 8 days to get a responce from a GM, which can usualy be summed up as 'We are sorry to hear you had a problem, file a bug report.'

So I am curius. What exactly is within a GMs power to do?

There are no traditional GM's ... just Developers that come and say hi and interact with the community, and customer support that sift through thousands of tickets to prioritise and address what they can.
  • xpandarenx007xpandarenx007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been playing STO for a bit over two years now, and all I can say is that for the dozen or so tickets that i have submitted to the GM's I have never been contacted, not once. A couple were minor bugs, and a few were a bit more severe. But the one that got to me was when i was playing through a long mission and i got stuck. The /stuck command did not work, so i tried the /killme command. all that will do is give you a /stuck button or submit a gm ticket, but it will not kill you so that you respawn.

All i am trying to say is that just some presence in the game would be nice.
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have submitted a number of tickets over the 1,000+ days of membership. Recently I submitted two tickets. The first was on March 30th and PW Support responded within 5 days. Their response was helpful and their information allowed me to resolve my situation. That ticked is now closed.

However, I submitted a second ticket last Thursday April 4 [Incident: 130404-000169], and although they responded quickly (the next day) they got it all wrong. I immediately 'edited' or resubmitted my request pointing out where they had an incorrect understanding of the situation and reiterated my request for assistance, but have yet to hear back from them (even though I only have a limited time to respond - 168 hours IIRC. I was afraid of this so later that day I also forwarded my email 'edit' to Branflakes to see if he would at least make sure it was given to someone who would understand and perhaps even help out a little although I realize this is not his department. No response either since April 5th. So in desperation I forwarded my 'edit' and my Branflakes email to Mr. DStahl since he has said on several occasions that he reads every email sent to him from gamers. This was on April 9th and I have yet to hear from him as well.

Although I am quite concerned about this long delay in my remaining Open Ticket, in fairness I would grade STO support as a C-. Sometimes they respond and can even be helpful, other times it's crickets or a boilerplate response of 'sorry tough luck'.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zntech wrote: »
    Outfit on my Klingon is Locked and can't do anything with it , no help from support nor GM.
    For the last 45 days I cant change or edit outfit on my Klingon he is stuck with incomplete OMEGA set visually.
    I have over 9K accolades Tier 5 full sets of everything from reputation store KHG AKHG OMEGA MK XII with new looks outfit , before new reputation i was having full sets.
    For last 3 yrs i didn't have any problems with MACO or KHG or OMEGA sets visually it started with GDM costume unlock project task from reputation store on fed and klingon. CH. displaying is not the problem.
    When I go to the tailor cant change what to ware I can only edit this OMEGA SET what I ware with out some parts of this set what kind a BS is this .

What is the problem ?
    Am I the only one with this problem?
    Or this is the reward of fantastic reputation system ?

Here is video see for yourself:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDvJUqTLTw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECABni0yQE

The problem is you need to turn off the armour visuals under you character screen "U".

Omega, Maco and KHG all have basic visuals that you can turn on and off to allow your boffs to use the visual as well.

Hth...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    The problem is you need to turn off the armour visuals under you character screen "U".

Omega, Maco and KHG all have basic visuals that you can turn on and off to allow your boffs to use the visual as well.

Hth...

Don't know what to say except did you check your eye site ever or never I post video links about the problem and of course that I block all visuals. I expect a response from someone from Cryptic or at list some one who solve the problem ,not this nonsense that you wrote.

no offense please
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • neekoflatsneekoflats Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This SOUNDED like the most appropriate place to ask this - correct me if I am wrong.

What is up with the server?
    Is there anything in the works to upgrade the tech?

There are days where the server lag is so terrible that the game is virtually unplayable... "Server not responding" has become my worst nightmare - I wake up with sweats in the night, terrified that a red "server not responding" message with a second count is at the edge of my vision... the world frozen around me, but I can still move. No matter how far I go, I am teleported back -repeatedly- to where I was standing.

In all seriousness though,
    There are days where it is manageable I.E.: 2 mins of lag every 25-30 minutes.
    And there are days... 2-3 mins of lag every 5 mins where I want to rage-quit my hardware (Throw computer out of 3rd floor window).

PVP, PVE, and missions are not even worth playing when the server gets like that. It's frustrating.

Especially when I have a direct wired connection to the Ethernet and no other equipment running with a 100mbps connection. It's not my end - so what gives server folks??

I am worried for the Romulan faction release because as much as I want to play as a Romulan, I don't even want to imagine how integrating so much more content and the many more players who will join STO... will affect the servers... when they can't handle current demands.

-Vor
    edited April 2013
    The F2P matrix advertises 'unlimited customer service' as a feature of gold membership. I would like to know what 'unlimited customer service' actualy means. Not interpritations. Just specific examples of what GMs have done for you.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lied about unlimited customer service. lol.
    edited April 2013
    Perhaps not the best question to ask on the forums, it is after all, their playpen...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited April 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    lied about unlimited customer service. lol.

I didnt realy want to make the accusation. Though I would be lying if I claimed to have ever receeved any customer service. I was hoping to assertain just what powers GMs actualy have. When I made a post asking what they could do last night it was merged with another thred that didnt answer the question.

I checked the forum rules and they dont seem to forbid discussing this so I hoped that if people could provided examples of what GMs have done for them then I could work out the extent of their power.

Of course the possibility exists that they have no power and exist purly for PR reasons. I am hoping to see some evidence to the contrary.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What have the Romans done for us?

Created a lasting history. Invented countless engineering and science advancements, aquaducts and roads, and other civil engineering advancements that promoted civilization.

:D

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
    edited April 2013
    tancrediiv wrote: »

Created a lasting history. Invented countless engineering and science advancements, aquaducts and roads, and other civil engineering advancements that promoted civilization.

Yeah, we would be in real trouble if the romans ever left Reg.
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tancrediiv wrote: »

They also butchered a behemoth amount of people just because. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd like it to mean that I will have a reply from representative within 24 hours, and that the representative will work with me throughout the process until I say my issue has been resolved or if I am being a particularly pig-headed customer, until their supervisor explains to me that it can not be resolved due to a credible reason.

However, I realize it actually means nothing.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I didnt realy want to make the accusation. Though I would be lying if I claimed to have ever receeved any customer service. I was hoping to assertain just what powers GMs actualy have. When I made a post asking what they could do last night it was merged with another thred that didnt answer the question.

I checked the forum rules and they dont seem to forbid discussing this so I hoped that if people could provided examples of what GMs have done for them then I could work out the extent of their power.

Of course the possibility exists that they have no power and exist purly for PR reasons. I am hoping to see some evidence to the contrary.

All I can attest to is this, that a number of my fleet mates as well as some other I've ran into in various chats have the lifetime sub. They have never received any zen stipend.
    One in particular has had an LTS for over 9 months with not a dime's worth of zen dropped into his account and no response what so ever on the matter from support.

Personally, why anyone would pay hundreds of dollars for a few token benefits, none of which imho worth 20 dollars let alone three hundred, to play in a game that is Free to play, is absolutely beyond my ability to comprehend.
    Its free to play because free to play games make more money than subscription games.
    Its not something that PWE does out of some sense of altruism.

To each their own though, and if you decide to make this, I guess you would call it an investment, more power to you. and good luck.

(653 opened lockboxes and 95 fleet support duty officer packs before a lockbox ship reward)
    edited April 2013
    Actualy I am a 750 day vet who has had a LTS since before F2P. I dont make tickets often. But I have never been helped. Neither has any one in my fleet. I am not looking to cryptic or PW bash though. That sort of thing coudld get a thred locked.

I would just like some examples of help that people have receeved. This would make this a positive thred. Of couse if no one is able to give any examples then we might draw some negative infrances from that.
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've gotten my 500 zen every month, AFAIK.

There are definite advantages to subs/LTS, although what they're worth is subjective.

Better customer service, alas, is not obviously one of them.

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine,
    public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health,
    what have the Romans ever done for us?"
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
    edited April 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    All I can attest to is this, that a number of my fleet mates as well as some other I've ran into in various chats have the lifetime sub. They have never received any zen stipend.
    One in particular has had an LTS for over 9 months with not a dime's worth of zen dropped into his account and no response what so ever on the matter from support.

Personally, why anyone would pay hundreds of dollars for a few token benefits, none of which imho worth 20 dollars let alone three hundred, to play in a game that is Free to play, is absolutely beyond my ability to comprehend.
    Its free to play because free to play games make more money than subscription games.
    Its not something that PWE does out of some sense of altruism.

To each their own though, and if you decide to make this, I guess you would call it an investment, more power to you. and good luck.

(653 opened lockboxes and 95 fleet support duty officer packs before a lockbox ship reward)

Post free 2 play I would agree with you, but remember, most LTS accounts are old timers who joined way back in beta.
    It was worth it back then ;)
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Located and returned a Boff lost in the mail

Helped me get out of a loop in a mission (Cold war)

And on one occasion helped my friend Mike recover his Accidentally deleted Gorn

They are GOOD people
    Live long and Prosper
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sollvax wrote: »

They are GOOD people

Urgh! Sollvax is here! Everyone, abandon ship! :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neekoflats wrote: »
    This SOUNDED like the most appropriate place to ask this - correct me if I am wrong.

What is up with the server?
    Is there anything in the works to upgrade the tech?

There are days where the server lag is so terrible that the game is virtually unplayable... "Server not responding" has become my worst nightmare - I wake up with sweats in the night, terrified that a red "server not responding" message with a second count is at the edge of my vision... the world frozen around me, but I can still move. No matter how far I go, I am teleported back -repeatedly- to where I was standing.

In all seriousness though,
    There are days where it is manageable I.E.: 2 mins of lag every 25-30 minutes.
    And there are days... 2-3 mins of lag every 5 mins where I want to rage-quit my hardware (Throw computer out of 3rd floor window).

PVP, PVE, and missions are not even worth playing when the server gets like that. It's frustrating.

Especially when I have a direct wired connection to the Ethernet and no other equipment running with a 100mbps connection. It's not my end - so what gives server folks??

I am worried for the Romulan faction release because as much as I want to play as a Romulan, I don't even want to imagine how integrating so much more content and the many more players who will join STO... will affect the servers... when they can't handle current demands.

-Vor
    Just because your router and network card are 100mbps doesn't mean your internet connection runs that fast, it also doesn't take into consideration any internet hops you have to get from your place to the server itself. The best place to post these kind of issues is in the PC & Tech issues forum or at the Technical Support forums as 9 times out of 10 it's an issue outside of PWE's ability to do anything.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited April 2013
    sollvax wrote: »

They are GOOD people

Thank you sollvax. Page 2 and your the fist person to provide an example.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im not sure everyone read the question
    Live long and Prosper
This discussion has been closed.