test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GM/ Customer Service/ Billing Support and Tickets

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing for me or anyone I know...

Unless of cause you count deleting support tickets of cause?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • trintrektrontrintrektron Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    What have the Romans done for us?

Created a lasting history. Invented countless engineering and science advancements, aquaducts and roads, and other civil engineering advancements that promoted civilization.

:D

Dont forget execution via crusifiction and the promotion of death duals in the arena.
    I thought I took the Blue Pill.......:(
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think they would have helped you out, Sollvax, even if you weren't a subscriber.

The better question is what the 'limit's are on service for non-subs.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Nothing for me or anyone I know...

Unless of cause you count deleting support tickets of cause?

Some times they are so good at this that they can mark tickets as resolved without respoonding to them at all.
    edited April 2013
    neekoflats wrote: »
    This SOUNDED like the most appropriate place to ask this - correct me if I am wrong.

What is up with the server?
    Is there anything in the works to upgrade the tech?

There are days where the server lag is so terrible that the game is virtually unplayable... "Server not responding" has become my worst nightmare - I wake up with sweats in the night, terrified that a red "server not responding" message with a second count is at the edge of my vision... the world frozen around me, but I can still move. No matter how far I go, I am teleported back -repeatedly- to where I was standing.

In all seriousness though,
    There are days where it is manageable I.E.: 2 mins of lag every 25-30 minutes.
    And there are days... 2-3 mins of lag every 5 mins where I want to rage-quit my hardware (Throw computer out of 3rd floor window).

PVP, PVE, and missions are not even worth playing when the server gets like that. It's frustrating.

Especially when I have a direct wired connection to the Ethernet and no other equipment running with a 100mbps connection. It's not my end - so what gives server folks??

I am worried for the Romulan faction release because as much as I want to play as a Romulan, I don't even want to imagine how integrating so much more content and the many more players who will join STO... will affect the servers... when they can't handle current demands.

-Vor

http://speedtest.net or it didn happen
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've only ever tried twice since the game started, to get GM help...

Both times it took several days, but They did resolve both problems to my satisfaction.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I've only ever tried twice since the game started, to get GM help...

Both times it took several days, but They did resolve both problems to my satisfaction.

What were the problems Davey? I am trying to work out the extent of GM powers.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have reported someone a few weeks ago. He was afk in pvp. His char name was "dilithium farmer" (not in english). I made sure many people hit the "report" button. I also know him as a very aggressive player on his main LTS account. Many people complained about him.

A few days ago I've seen the "dilithium farmer" character again in pvp. Which means that "unlimited customer service" means that as long as you buy zen or a LTS you'll never get banned, even if you're a jerk. :rolleyes:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • zntechzntech Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    On my Klingon I can't edit or change outfit,custom outfit, fleet outfit .KHG,AKHG,OMEGA . I spent lot of EC for nothing last 2 month cant do anything with outfit with Klingon . On the other side Fed problems are gone not all but most of them from patch to patch.
    This is what I got from new """" reputation system you can see that your tailor for OMEGA MKXII don't have one hand to be precise this set missing RIGHT WRIST ATTACH WHY ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NKiDzMMoAw

As a F2P player I am allowed 3 outfit slots( i didnt buy 2 more) i have 5, two i cant use how and why those two got on my account its real mystery or cryptics misery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zFMfTVgGSo&feature=youtu.be

But this is the beginning of the problems my fleet ,custom nor STF set outfit can't be changed or edit properly in the tailor app

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDvJUqTLTw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECABni0yQE

I can add to this list more and more and more

I have question for GMs and Cryptic do you have any intentions to fix bugs with outfit and Tailor or not.

I am on STO 2.5 years and I would ask people to spare me of useless advices (like turn of visual etc etc).
    In the beginning there was all and then become nothing

I AM PISSED OFF AFTER 3 YRS. I STILL CAN'T USE OR CHANGE OR DELETE OUTFIT IN 3 OF 5 OUTFIT SLOTS ON MY KLINGON TOON !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember a few years back... When the maybe 3 times I requested GM support it took less than 20 minutes for a GM to respond and quickly resolve any issues I had then...

Now, it's been about a 2 hours at this one single mission, trying to complete it. This time I've been sitting in this mission and still no response what so ever, except from these forums.

This is the most single ill-supported game I've ever been in and it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth, which will definitely transfer over to any whom I have to speak to about this game. And that is much sadder
  • corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me - I remember a few years back... When the maybe 3 times I requested GM support it took less than 20 minutes for a GM to respond and quickly resolve any issues I had then...

Maybe last week, I had a problem... Again! And finally found the 'answer' through chat. Today - for the past 2 and one half hours I've been sitting in this one single mission, trying to complete it. I've gotten no real response what so ever, except from the forums about my issue.

This is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, which will definitely transfer over to any whom I have to speak to about this game. And that is much sadder. It may also force me to either cancel my subscription or just let it run out...

What about the rest of you? Please answer if you read and have requested support. "Generally 'they' are suppose to read some of these threads..." Therefore the more people whom respond will give them a better indication of how "they're" doing, at least I hope...
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Support in this game is atrocious.
    Asking for ingame support gives you a ticket number but then no tickets show up ingame and never get answered.
    The website gives you a blank page nine times out of ten leaving you to search the net and find an old forum thread with a direct email address.
    Once you finally get through it takes 3 days to reply and you never get the answer you ask for.
    Ie i asked why my at name (Chunter) was considered bad,the Gm kept skirting round the issue quoting the ingame email i'd received..duh! if that hadn't of been so vague i wouldn't of asked.

in the end i had to settle for a slightly different at name with no reason why after 991 days it was considered bad.

Support imho needs a BIG overhaul.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This game has no support at all. I have made quite a few tickets since launch, but beside one they were simply closed and never solved.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So I sent a ticket over a week ago asking for help with someone who had been hit with the unmute bug in a chat channel. I've still yet to receive any kind of response or advice and it has been well over 3-4 business days.

Does sending it on the website not work? Does it have to be done through the game itself?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • comashcomash Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have submitted tickets for bugs and never gotten a response either, a couple times i got automatic reponses where their system identifies key words. But, as good as it sounds sometimes those are irrelevent to your ticket. So far, they've all been irrelevent, I have never gotten a real response and all the bugs I submitted still exist since last year.

If it's a game bug that doesn't allow you to exploit features, expect it to never get fixed. If it is a game bug that exploits features, expect it to take them two to three months to fix it.

Their main goal is to promote zen sales, not fix what's broken. Therefore, as much as I love star trek, I have no loyalty to this game. Their next expansion, I hear the purpose to attract old players into coming back. I expect this will not meet their expectations, gamers hold grudges that last a lifetime, they burned those bridges.

I will leave star trek when a space game worth playing comes out and never come back. This game has proven to me how bad customer support can get, how bad leaving bugs in the game can get. They keep adding content which can be nice, but I want the current content to get fixed first.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    So I sent a ticket over a week ago asking for help with someone who had been hit with the unmute bug in a chat channel. I've still yet to receive any kind of response or advice and it has been well over 3-4 business days.

Does sending it on the website not work? Does it have to be done through the game itself?
    Unfortunately from what I know of the situation there isn't much that can be done. with that bug you just kinda gotta keep hammering away till it unmutes or mute someone else, unmute them then unmute the other person. It takes a few but it does work.
    comash wrote: »
    I have submitted tickets for bugs and never gotten a response either, a couple times i got automatic reponses where their system identifies key words. But, as good as it sounds sometimes those are irrelevent to your ticket. So far, they've all been irrelevent, I have never gotten a real response and all the bugs I submitted still exist since last year.

If it's a game bug that doesn't allow you to exploit features, expect it to never get fixed. If it is a game bug that exploits features, expect it to take them two to three months to fix it.

Their main goal is to promote zen sales, not fix what's broken. Therefore, as much as I love star trek, I have no loyalty to this game. Their next expansion, I hear the purpose to attract old players into coming back. I expect this will not meet their expectations, gamers hold grudges that last a lifetime, they burned those bridges.

I will leave star trek when a space game worth playing comes out and never come back. This game has proven to me how bad customer support can get, how bad leaving bugs in the game can get. They keep adding content which can be nice, but I want the current content to get fixed first.
    As it's been stated a lot, bugs unless requiring feedback will never get a response. If you have a bug you'd like to discuss, and possibly get feed back, thats what the forums are for :) However your statement is 100% false as they do try to fix every bug, exploit or not. :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    askray wrote: »
    Unfortunately from what I know of the situation there isn't much that can be done. with that bug you just kinda gotta keep hammering away till it unmutes or mute someone else, unmute them then unmute the other person. It takes a few but it does work.

As it's been stated a lot, bugs unless requiring feedback will never get a response. If you have a bug you'd like to discuss, and possibly get feed back, thats what the forums are for :) However your statement is 100% false as they do try to fix every bug, exploit or not. :)

The thing is that they should keep the players within the loop informed on what is going on. I have had a bug that was "sent to QA" where I cannot change the appearance of my Fleet Excelsior for more than five months now and I have heard nothing. That's nearly half a year now. I a company want's to give the impression that they don't care about customers, don't keep them in the loop for several months.
  • matchstumpsmatchstumps Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i currently have 3 tickets for support outstanding....

i am a lifetime subscriber and have been since launch and i sitll have issues that have gone unresolved and ignored by "support" ever since i created my account, which is ironic cos support doesnt seem to give any support at all. :eek:

i still have no career officer title...

i still cant make new threads on the forum.....

as i said this has been ongoing since day 1 .... what a joke and a slap in the face to someone who has spent real life cash on this game, i ownt be spending anymore money til this is resolved.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i currently have 3 tickets for support outstanding....

i am a lifetime subscriber and have been since launch and i sitll have issues that have gone unresolved and ignored by "support" ever since i created my account, which is ironic cos support doesnt seem to give any support at all. :eek:

i still have no career officer title...

i still cant make new threads on the forum.....

as i said this has been ongoing since day 1 .... what a joke and a slap in the face to someone who has spent real life cash on this game, i ownt be spending anymore money til this is resolved.
    Your forum account was only established this month: Join date: April, 2013. It takes some time before the forum system recognizes you as being a participant - it's part of the spam-bot blocking system. Give it a little time and you will be allowed to make threads.

As far as your Career Officer title, you need to Edit Avaar at the top of the forum and activate the Career Officer title yourself. It's not automatic. That's how it worked on the previous forum too.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited April 2013
    comash wrote: »

If this is the truth then I am extremely let down. A product such as this needs an active customer service and quality assurance team. Heck, for all that was bad with SWG it at least had an active cs/qa department.
  • shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have been trying for 3 days to make contact with Perfect World Billing via the 1-888 number.

Does this number ever get answered?
    edited April 2013
    Have you tried an email?

Perfect World has 14 games and probably around 15 million customers between them. It wouldn't take long to tie-up a phone line. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can also try posting in the Billing section of the PWE Tech Support Forum... http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=366
  • shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Have you tried an email?

Perfect World has 14 games and probably around 15 million customers between them. It wouldn't take long to tie-up a phone line. :)

I did try email to <email@email.perfectworld.com>

Maybe that's not the correct email.
    edited April 2013
    shadowaxx wrote: »
    I did try email to <email@email.perfectworld.com>

Maybe that's not the correct email.
    The direct email is: customerservice@perfectworld.com.
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am pretty upset. I deleted an item from a lockbox ship in the haste of removing the junk that comes with it, I was told: Too Bad. I wasted money.

I started two projects now in the reputation system that I cant clar until I waste more money (or even worse: Time) spending the dilthium and marks on items that I already have, or have a better version of.

The customer service in this game compared to other games where I acually feel like a customer who is cared for: Stinks.

Too Bad, thanks for the money - Thats the attitude I get.

Will posting on the forums help?
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pulserazor wrote: »
    I am pretty upset. I deleted an item from a lockbox ship in the haste of removing the junk that comes with it, I was told: Too Bad. I wasted money.

I started two projects now in the reputation system that I cant clar until I waste more money (or even worse: Time) spending the dilthium and marks on items that I already have, or have a better version of.

The customer service in this game compared to other games where I acually feel like a customer who is cared for: Stinks.

Too Bad, thanks for the money - Thats the attitude I get.

Will posting on the forums help?

Best guess? No. Customer Service has this "won't do" attitude in that they "won't do anything for the customer." Of course I've heard they jump through hoops for certain people that talk up the game. If those rumors are true then Cryptic really is a lost cause as the subjects of those rumors are 'hella scary'. The kind of 'hella scary' that you don't sell white vans and candy too because you know 'no good will come of it.'
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wonder if it is possible for them to take a leaf from Blizzards book. The customers service and GMs no longer recover items for people unless the account is compromised. This is because they introduced a recovery option in the account management section of their online doo-dads. It might be an idea, if it is even possible, for them to do that here for such cases as pulserazor.

It is restriced too where Blizzard is concerned, one recovery every 30 days account wide. This means you still hve to be careful but it atleast helps a little with the oopsies that happen.

I have never deleted anythnig "purple" in the game,I always recycle extra credits and all. This means I do not know if it happens here. Is there a pop up asking if you are sure you want to delete it and if so asking you to type delete in the box? Something similar to the way we decomission ships. If not maybe that could be added.

Both of these would take the pressure and onus off customer service and put it back on the customer where it belongs.
    edited April 2013
    So here is a question: What would be reasonable time for a customer to wait for a response from the company on billing issues and similar topics? There should be some relative expectation for a prompt and adequate response, especially paying (or would like to pay) customers.
    edited April 2013
    So here is a question: What would be reasonable time for a customer to wait for a response from the company on billing issues and similar topics? There should be some relative expectation for a prompt and adequate response, especially paying (or would like to pay) customers.

The question is hard:

The F2P matrix says that Silvers get limited support (at least last time I checked). That could potentially be read as "if there are subscribers in the queue, they get up front... ".

I am not saying it's right, but that may just be the case, in which case a silver player could get service now, or never.

As such there would never be a proper timeframe.
This discussion has been closed.