Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 4, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    sussexgent wrote: »
    Thanks for keeping us updated Branflakes.

Any chance we can get a tweet when everything is back up and running, I'm getting myself confused with the constant time zone calculations. Plus I can then step away from the computer instead of constantly checking the forum for updates.

Sure! I will post in here, which will get tweeted by the @STO_DevTracker account, and I will also tweet from my @PWE_BranFlakes account and the @TrekOnlineGame account.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2pm? ok, ill play sto tonight at 11pm on my timezone :D

fuuuuuuuuuuuu
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Nope, the current time over the dam at Cryptic HQ is 09:30 accosrding to the clock at the bottom of the forums. Also timeanddate.com converts it to 22:00 GMT/CET or 23:00 GMT/CET +1...

nope time here now in the uk is only 6:33
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Nope, the current time over the dam at Cryptic HQ is 09:30 according to the clock at the bottom of the forums. Also timeanddate.com converts it to 22:00 GMT/CET or 23:00 GMT/CET +1...

It's currently 10:33AM PDT here due to Daylight Savings time (you can adjust your forum timezone here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editoptions). ETA is 3 hours and 27 minutes from now, or 2PM PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    phantom771phantom771 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    darledrick wrote: »
    Every Thursday morning at 7AM PST. Banner announcement right on the updater. Seriously! Are you kidding?

I saw the banner. Been up for two days, mentioning shard maint. I dunno what a "shard" is but, it said nothing about servers.....rofl
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nope time here now in the uk is only 6:33

Wich is 19:27 GMT/CET +1 (comp clock might be a tad off for some reason I see)
  • Options
    savagesprittisavagespritti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The brits have the biggest clock in the world, and THIS concept eludes them as a group.
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well thats what i get when i type in PDT Pacific Daylight Time) USA & Canada. So unless Cryptic is not in this Hemisphere then that should be the time there. Hence why people are asking what time is it for the different timezones. I can only work on what I am giving. LOL.

But yer the Red Box showing the time Server will be back up pwebranflakes on the Star Trek Online Web page still shows:

"We will be performing shard maintenance on April 4th from 7-11 AM PST (1400-1800 UTC). Please check the forums for more information."

So this has not been updated. Hence a lot of unhappy customers when they loginto web page to check why its down. LOL. Can you please update this please.
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wich is 19:27 GMT/CET +1 (comp clock might be a tad off for some reason I see)

i think sky need to have there clock fixed then lol as i was looking on my sky box lmao
  • Options
    sussexgentsussexgent Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sure! I will post in here, which will get tweeted by the @STO_DevTracker account, and I will also tweet from my @PWE_BranFlakes account and the @TrekOnlineGame account.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon.

Guess I'll go and annoy the misses by talking to her whilst her soaps are on for a change. :D
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sean2448 wrote: »
    guys yes it sucks but nig patches tak time
    I am so glad you weren't trying to type "bigger"

^LAWL

10char
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Bah!...

Timezones, why u keep confusing me so?? :D:D

Oh well, servers will be back up to late for me to play anyhow, sadly...
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    klord68 wrote: »
    So, like so many others i see all the time, games should be dumbed down from any form of stratagy to just no thinking button mashing mentality with an i win button for when i am about to die type gameplay. I think more games should force players to think. in a whole i believe our society would be better off if ppl thought more instead of expect more from others and not themselves.

just me 2 cents, but in this day and age, guess its up to 2 dollars in value.... :D

this is not meant as a flame, just my personal observation i decieded to voice.

i didn't said it is a bad nerfed or a good nerfed. i just said it is a nerf. so your personal observation is not really neccesary ;)
    ps:this is flame!

The weapon didnt affect the player before this patch was implemented... so they did add AOE damage to it..... they added AOE damage to the player.
    By deffinition a nerf is somthing that changes the desirability of a game item, or it's effectiveness. So I will give you that, but if you didnt park nose to nose with your target when you fired it.. it wouldnt effect you at all. Change you piloting style and it wont effect you negatively.
    so it's a nerfed after all...
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    robgomm2012robgomm2012 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh dear just seen the updates as to why it's not back up, has scotty broken the engines again?
  • Options
    captainnivencaptainniven Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, April 4th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE #1 (4/4 @ 9:57AM PDT): Our new ETA is 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll get you back in-game ASAP.

UPDATE #2 (4/4 @ 10:17AM PDT): It looks like our Engineers are going to need a bit more time. New ETA is 2PM PDT. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    its now 18:40 in the UK...cant get on star trek online...is it still down for maintainence?
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tribble and holodeck tired of waitng going to play swtor
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    A few hours not playing a game?! OH NOES!!! Life, as we know it, has come to an end!! :rolleyes:

Indeed it has. We are all doomed. Doomed I say!! :D:P
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The brits have the biggest clock in the world, and THIS concept eludes them as a group.

Insults will get you nowhere. It doesn't matter how big a clock is, timezones will confuse just about anyone who doesn't think about them constantly
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hahahaha they take servers down more ofter and w/o notice over there than STO does. At lest the devs here try and tell you whats up and if its taking longer.

Don't worry about coming back either.
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So according to PWEbranflakes it is 10:41am there. So if Shard is down till 2pm there then in UK it will be bk up at 9pm tonght. Wow. So the USA is goner get more play time than me. URGH. LOL. Addiction. Nooooo. Must now go call Start Trek Online Anomolous Hotline. LOL. Suggest instead of Whinning about it being down others call the STOA hotline. LOL. maybe we can start an new Addictions group. LOL.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Indeed it has. We are all doomed. Doomed I say!! :D:P

there are other games go play them like i am doing
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Here's a thought... Instead of labeling maint for n hours and going over, label it for 8 or 9 and then if you finish earlier it's a bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, that should be fixed to default to the active craft, but untill they fix it there is a simple workaround for this problem:
    It does not default to the Shuttle.
    It sorts ship and shuttle alphabetically by name, and defaults to he first in that list.

So if you rename them in a way that the ship's name comes before the shuttle's name in the Alphabet, it will default to the Ship

tried that myself, thought that would fix it , but mine still defaults to my shuttle, which i named zena so it would show up last :D
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nikkipaden wrote: »
    Here's a thought... Instead of labeling maint for n hours and going over, label it for 8 or 9 and then if you finish earlier it's a bonus.

Star Trek online players are like starship captains. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want.

Wait, what?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    auroramcleodauroramcleod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is this gone happen every week?
  • Options
    darledrickdarledrick Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMG, I swear if this game ever goes completely offline for good, there are going to be people with Bomb Tuxedos walking into subway stations and such.

Maybe ship's counselors should be issued tranquilizer guns. Our last best hope for universal peace.
  • Options
    cfucfu Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    Why the unusual time for maintenance most games do it late night early morning 7 A.M. to start is seems late to me.
  • Options
    klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    noooo..how long do you want me to talk to my wife cryptic? :eek:

i feel your pain, my wife has started to find things for me to do :(
  • Options
    dlsilencedlsilence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stulloyd wrote: »
    So according to PWEbranflakes it is 10:41am there. So if Shard is down till 2pm there then in UK it will be bk up at 9pm tonght. Wow. So the USA is goner get more play time than me. URGH. LOL. Addiction. Nooooo. Must now go call Start Trek Online Anomolous Hotline. LOL. Suggest instead of Whinning about it being down others call the STOA hotline. LOL. maybe we can start an new Addictions group. LOL.

The US Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is GMT -8. Does this help?
  • Options
    tharrisxtharrisx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking forward to all the bug fixes, especially the removal of the Borg's magical disney kill wand in the space STFs.

7 hour downtime for a patch is quite long though, if the patch was tested on Tribble already. And I'm home today only, oh well, no STO for me.

Hoping for a miracle worker...

-Thar
This discussion has been closed.