What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 4, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    explainationexplaination Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic launcher hasn't been working since yesterday. I was online yesterday log off for a few hours came back couldnt get back online. Figured it was just the update. Still waiting as of 1pm central standard.
  • Options
    arctos1717arctos1717 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    klord68 wrote: »
    i Feel Your Pain, My Wife Has Started To Find Things For Me To Do :(

+1 .........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2 PM Pacific is 23:00 in my Time Zone so what ...
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tharrisx wrote: »
    especially the removal of the Borg's magical disney kill wand in the space STFs.

Maybe the fix will actually take this time, unlike the ten or twelve other times they've 'fixed' the instakill invisitorp magical death ray.

I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL. Depends where uyou live in the US. LOL. I know people over there who's timezone is only 5 hours behind mine in the UK & people who live at the other end of the US who's Timezone is 8 hours behind mine. Now I am talking to my STOA sponser whilst game is down. LOL.
  • Options
    noisycricket3000noisycricket3000 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i feel your pain, my wife has started to find things for me to do :(

Same here, hope I will not have to go shopping now :eek:
  • Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i feel your pain, my wife has started to find things for me to do :(

In this situation it is important to NOT type on the keyboard less than usual..also a few mouse clicks here and there..otherwise.....:(
  • Options
    brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cfu wrote: »
    Why the unusual time for maintenance most games do it late night early morning 7 A.M. to start is seems late to me.

depends where in the world you live... different timezones, the world is a globe... here the downtime this time is 'till 21h00. So?
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well fudge, it's been raining and blah all day where I am. I was hoping to hunker down in the game after the maintenance, but I guess I'm going to have to wait a few more hours.

But I'm not complaining! If I do that, it'll break the servers for everyone. That'd just be how my luck would roll, I'd whine & the servers would explode or something.
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is this gone happen every week?
    normally 2 h and not even every week maybe 3 times in a month
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Insults will get you nowhere. It doesn't matter how big a clock is, timezones will confuse just about anyone who doesn't think about them constantly

i agree, i say we should just have one timezone, so if its 5 oclock here, its 5 oclock everywherre :D so guess its Margarita time :D
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic launcher hasn't been working since yesterday. I was online yesterday log off for a few hours came back couldnt get back online. Figured it was just the update. Still waiting as of 1pm central standard.

Once maintenance is complete, try downloading the updated launcher manually: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9014621&postcount=290

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    salemkanesalemkane Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is it really just "some more time to do it"

Or you trying to root out most of the EU Players so the rest can patch faster?
    Would be a pretty dirty move...
    GMoNbU.png
    SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
    Beta Tester
    Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
    Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.
  • Options
    masterallfathermasterallfather Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maintainance should have finished by now. It's 1902 (London Time) and it still says 'Updating Crypt Launcher'. After attempts, says to 'check my connection', yet nothing wrong with it. Is it just me, or has this 'maintainance' messing up others log in?
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    startrekonline.com domain doesn't respond, just fyi.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its like Scotty in reverse

he says "it will take at least 7 hours" when he means "I can do this in 5 hours"

They say "Four hours" when they mean "Eight hours"

Its so they can keep their reputation as miracle workers
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    alesstormalesstorm Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyways, it'll take as long as it takes. It isn't that long to wait, stick in a movie or two - that's what I do.

I am siting here.
    After the work.
    6 hours already can't log in.
    And i am all out of movie's
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Once maintenance is complete, try downloading the updated launcher manually: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9014621&postcount=290

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Used that and still says 'Updating Launcher' in a small box. After attempts, nothing but 'check connection' still :eek:
  • Options
    salemkanesalemkane Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Used that and still says 'Updating Launcher' in a small box. After attempts, nothing but 'check connection' still :eek:

But you read the "ONCE Maintance is done" wich still is another 2-3 hours atm...
    GMoNbU.png
    SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
    Beta Tester
    Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
    Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.
  • Options
    tyrannoswordtyrannosword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    KIRK: "Everything Harry tells you is a lie. Remember that! Everything Harry tells you is a lie!"

MUDD: "Now listen to this carefully, Cryptic Servers: I AM LYING!"

CRYPTIC SERVERS: "You say you are lying, but if everything you say is a lie then you are telling the truth, but you cannot tell the truth because everything you say is a lie, but... you lie, you tell the truth, but you cannot for you l... Illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are Human! Only Humans can explain their behavior! Please explain!"

***Servers Offline***
  • Options
    rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Didn't you guys learn anything from Montgomery? You should've said you would be down for maintenance for 24 hours, that way you wouldn't look so hapless when you overrun the original estimate by what is a yet to be determined number of additional hours.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maintainance should have finished by now. It's 1902 (London Time) and it still says 'Updating Crypt Launcher'. After attempts, says to 'check my connection', yet nothing wrong with it. Is it just me, or has this 'maintainance' messing up others log in?

Error is situated at Cryptic's end, between keyboard and chair. No further reasons needed.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    kompactkitty#8091 kompactkitty Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ok now just got to wait for the average part as it has been 4 hrs. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    salemkane wrote: »
    But you read the "ONCE Maintance is done" wich still is another 2-3 hours atm...

Ah thank you :rolleyes:
  • Options
    savagesprittisavagespritti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Holy TRIBBLE. On the very first flapjackin post of this thread, braflakes posted a link for a time converter right beside the start time for the maintenance. The converter is instant and idiot proof. It automatically shows the conversion based on your IP. If you do some SIMPLE math that most non-handicapped people can do without taking off their shoes, you can figure out the ETA for the server being up. (which i believe is now, what, 372 days from the starting hour?)
    It's scary how confusing this is for some of you.
  • Options
    streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought it was just me, but I guess not.

#HappyDays
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • Options
    arctos1717arctos1717 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    can't wait anymore, now i have to go and have sex with my wife, see what you made me do :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My poor doffs, they have no orders! What exactly are they doing on my ship now that I'm away from it? :mad: :eek: I'm going to have execute a few for... morale, come 11pm. My morale.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    king3006king3006 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dear Sirs,

Firstly i would like to say that i love the game with a passion hence why i signed up to lifetime membership. However i do have a question though, understand that a lot time is being put in to the new launch (which i am looking forward to) however when will STO make the in interior of the ships look the make of the ships, as at the moment all ships interior are the same and there is no difference, is this going to be something that STO designers will be working on in the future.

Kind Regards

King3006

Vice Admiral :)
    Declan Borg
  • Options
    beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jakal79 wrote: »
    Ability to fire while cloaked is DENIED KDF! HAHAHAHAHAHA You love that. Glad I dont play as KDF cuz I'd be so pissed off with the changes! Cheers! :cool:

ummmm no. ability to stay cloaked in a brel with a rom boff is fixed. now you will be revealed for 3 seconds as anyone without a rom boff. so no im not upset and yes, your nearly hysterical troll has failed.

still too slow for most people to react. now all we need is to ban the scrubs with autotarget macros running.......
This discussion has been closed.