Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 4, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    puppydog1 wrote: »
    In the future, you guys might want to think about putting up some kind of re-direct or announcement when you are taking everything off-line. For me at least, everything, even the STO website is gone, and there are no maintenance announcements or anything.
    It's quite jarring to just find the servers completely gone with no explanation until I came here.

every Thursday.
  • Options
    captainpanixcaptainpanix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    perhaps adding a timer to that so at least you go 20 minutes or something

From my understanding there is already a timer and it's 15 minutes.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    every Thursday.
    Well, most thursdays. sometimes they delay it for holidays.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rewand1rewand1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    12:39 pm and i still can't get on. Anyone having this problem too?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rewand1 wrote: »
    Yup, by my reckoning we're not up to the 4 hour mark yet though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The weapon didnt affect the player before this patch was implemented... so they did add AOE damage to it..... they added AOE damage to the player.
    By deffinition a nerf is somthing that changes the desirability of a game item, or it's effectiveness. So I will give you that, but if you didnt park nose to nose with your target when you fired it.. it wouldnt effect you at all. Change you piloting style and it wont effect you negatively.
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If the website wasnt even working for you, how are you even on here posting? So with that logic you had some way of knowing what was going on. Also, they do post in game starting an hour before the game is about to go down, then at 30 mins, then every 15 mins, then every 5 mins. Also, the launcher will show the time they are going to patch atleast 12 hours ahead.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why dont there put in patch notes if there going to be working on launcher as well then at lest we wont complain about it because the info is there for us to see. but im not sure thats the problem as it would not patch tribble 6-7 hours ago
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The weapon didnt affect the player before this patch was implemented... so they did add AOE damage to it..... they added AOE damage to the player.
    By deffinition a nerf is somthing that changes the desirability of a game item, or it's effectiveness. So I will give you that, but if you didnt park nose to nose with your target when you fired it.. it wouldnt effect you at all. Change you piloting style and it wont effect you negatively.

ya like DRIVE IT MAN dont sit in the parking lot......
  • Options
    klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    akpa wrote: »
    where it is saying that they add AOE damage? it allready does AOE dmg. the patch only makes it to hit you too. so it is a nerf!
    i don't care about realism in games. all i care is the gameplay.

So, like so many others i see all the time, games should be dumbed down from any form of stratagy to just no thinking button mashing mentality with an i win button for when i am about to die type gameplay. I think more games should force players to think. in a whole i believe our society would be better off if ppl thought more instead of expect more from others and not themselves.

just me 2 cents, but in this day and age, guess its up to 2 dollars in value.... :D

this is not meant as a flame, just my personal observation i decieded to voice.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    website works just fine, but says server down from 7-11am, was just curious if it was just me or not.
    don't get offended lol
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yup, by my reckoning we're not up to the 4 hour mark yet though.

thx mark. just noticed my time is different from the server, explains my confusion. lol
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    website works just fine, but says server down from 7-11am, was just curious if it was just me or not.
    don't get offended lol

There timezone is U.S. pacific though, so there is a bit over an hour left in the maintenance window. It is currently 9:50 PDT.
  • Options
    caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its for me 18:51 GTM+1 cryptic laucher cannot connect to the server
  • Options
    klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    don't get offended lol

web works fine for me also , just launcher is down, probly because of the patch is my thought.
  • Options
    vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is it just me or is the launcher not working anymore :S - I know that another hour or so remains on the patch - but I was not aware that they are working on the launcher as well?
    In game: @vividh
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    There timezone is U.S. pacific though, so there is a bit over an hour left in the maintenance window. It is currently 9:50 PDT.

gotcha, just figured it out, sorry, still a noob around here thx all
  • Options
    savagesprittisavagespritti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *Random complaint*
  • Options
    phantom771phantom771 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, explain to me why it takes 4 hours to install a patch? It's a simple as overwriting a few files with new ones right? I mean, did you take the time to test the fixes first? Or are you installing them, then testing them, fixing as necessary then testing again? If that's the case, why not just install the thing, lets us, the players, find the broke spots then you can fix them that way. I mean, that's basically how it works anyway. 4 hours? come on.......
  • Options
    coryb77coryb77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rabble rabble rabble
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

I'm updating the OP to refelct our new ETA of 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll get you back in-game ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tribble, tribble, tribble...
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    savagesprittisavagespritti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *random threat!*
  • Options
    sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    phantom771 wrote: »
    So, explain to me why it takes 4 hours to install a patch? It's a simple as overwriting a few files with new ones right? I mean, did you take the time to test the fixes first? Or are you installing them, then testing them, fixing as necessary then testing again? If that's the case, why not just install the thing, lets us, the players, find the broke spots then you can fix them that way. I mean, that's basically how it works anyway. 4 hours? come on.......

According to the Branflakes counterpart over on the Champions board they are also doing network maintenance of some kind today.
  • Options
    giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

I'm updating the OP to refelct our new ETA of 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

TY Bran....
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon, if this maintenance stops me from dc'ing when doing map transitions then take all the time you need.
  • Options
    alesstormalesstorm Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello?
    This game will start today or not?
    Criptic Launcher Autoupdate failed... :eek:
  • Options
    caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    its say only 4 hours, so basic if my time is correct they are 1 HOUR late
  • Options
    bd3648bd3648 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013

you need to go by pacific time zone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CAPTAIN There Be Romulans Here !
  • Options
    enterprise629enterprise629 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    phantom771 wrote: »

4 hours because that's how long it takes (estermated), simple as.

If you're questioning how long this update is going to take, I can't wait to see your reaction for when the big May update hits, which is very soon (Yay!).

You never know, maybe they're installing some of the May stuff at the moment? (but it's not available to us - the player). Maybe when it comes to May, they'll simply make us download a "Unlock" thing.

I don't know.

Anyways, it'll take as long as it takes. It isn't that long to wait, stick in a movie or two - that's what I do.
This discussion has been closed.