test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (April 4, 2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited April 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, April 4th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE #1 (4/4 @ 9:57AM PDT): Our new ETA is 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll get you back in-game ASAP.

UPDATE #2 (4/4 @ 10:17AM PDT): It looks like our Engineers are going to need a bit more time. New ETA is 2PM PDT. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cardassian and Dominion are now options in the Species dropdown for space NPC Groups.

Aren't they already? :confused:

Also, what happened to the option to turn off U.S.S. and I.K.S. for certain ships? I was kind of looking forward to that. :(

Still, lots of nice stuff in that patch. Thanks.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Woot Woot!
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am so glad that pre-LOR it looks like there's going to be a ton of patches to fix bugs.

Also, I love those Mesh Weaver pets, they're amazing on Tribble.
  • jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So is Crystalline Catastrophe not coming out tomorrow? I saw on Tribble the limited time mission for it starts tomorrow. Is it only on tribble for now or will the surprise us tomorrow?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thanks, bran. u da man.and listing patch notes, BRILLIANT IDEA:cool:
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Better AI for the Jem'hadar Attack Ship pets. At least, coz for such a priced item, those pets are underpowered. Maybe the improved AI will improve also the performances for it. To be honest, for the prize people are paying for it, or have paid for it, this pet should be the uber pet of all.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is the server down yet?
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited April 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    is the server down yet?

Not for for another 11.5 hours. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Also, what happened to the option to turn off U.S.S. and I.K.S. for certain ships? I was kind of looking forward to that. :(

That change is on Tribble, so it won't go live until Legacy of Romulus launches :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Better AI for the Jem'hadar Attack Ship pets. At least, coz for such a priced item, those pets are underpowered. Maybe the improved AI will improve also the performances for it. To be honest, for the prize people are paying for it, or have paid for it, this pet should be the uber pet of all.

I hope the AI changes also help with the Mesh Weavers. The one problem I had with them on Tribble (and I have the JHAS frigates too) is that they tend to defer to their 360 weapons and not favor their fixed forward weapons, which they should. They have good 360 weapons, and that's fine, but given that they have forward cannons and torpedoes they should favor those.

I don't understand why the AI seems to have issues with this. Having a polaron beam array (or a tetryon beam array) is great, but it's just not sufficient when you have dual cannons or two dual beam banks that you could be using.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seems they're already down- unable to connect.

...or is it you budget IP's again ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited April 2013
    That change is on Tribble, so it won't go live until Legacy of Romulus launches :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ah. I thought some of that was going into this patch. My mistake.

Just another reason I can't wait for LoR! :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jkirk13 wrote: »
    So is Crystalline Catastrophe not coming out tomorrow? I saw on Tribble the limited time mission for it starts tomorrow. Is it only on tribble for now or will the surprise us tomorrow?

There's some stuff on the test server that implies it goes live on April 11th. Specifically, there's a reputation challenge to complete it 14 times in exchange for 50k dilithium and a non-combat pet. The description of that event says it runs from April 11th to May 2nd.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    .... and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours.

"only" 4 hours ?
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the patch says that the scimitar's being re-worked, and also that an "issue" about it not re-cloaking after extended periods of time is ALSO being rectified

i'm sorry, i'm all for increasing the challenge of fighting a scimitar (not really), but i wasn't aware that it staying visible for longer periods of time was an issue....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We asked for more bug fixes, we're getting more bug fixes. Keep it up!

I was a bit disappointed to see the cloaking issues (specifically having to uncloak to talk to the officer standing next to you) weren't listed either here or in the tribble notes, but hopefully we'll see that soon :)

The invisible Borg torpedoes were quite annoying, glad to see them finally... :cool: ...disappear
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Romulan Space NPCs should no longer shoot themselves in the face with Plasma Torpedoes
    no more emo romulans :))
    Tricobalt Mines can now potentially deal damage to their owner if the owner is too near the target when they detonate.
    another nerf for tricobalt mines...
    Decreased the torpedo damage of borg Spheres, Cubes, and Transwarp Gateways in STFs.
    Their energy damage is unaffected by this change.
    Tactical Cubes and other STF borg are unchanged.
    i'm the only one who doesn't understand what is this?
    Improved movement behavior for many Space NPCs.
    They should be less likely to fly directly next to your ship, and should generally be more interesting to engage with in space combat.
    The Scimitar's behavior has been extensively reworked to create a more dangerous and unpredictable encounter.
    This also resolved an issue that caused it to not re-cloak for extended periods of time.
    more updates like this please!
    Updated the Tholian EV-Suit Captain:
    The damage and damage variance on his "Violent Discharge" ability have been reduced.
    It is now less prone to one-hit kills against you and your Bridge Officers.
    thank you!
    Added the following new keybinds:
    Roll Need on Loot: Defaults to Crtl+Q
    Roll Greed on Loot: Defaults to Ctrl+A
    Pass on Loot: Defaults to Ctrl+Z

Thank you again very very much!
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • dpaul02dpaul02 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seems that the server has been down for hours!, i can't connect, anyone else having issues?
  • dpaul02dpaul02 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    seems like it has been hours for hours, can't seem to connect?
  • rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Decreased the torpedo damage of borg Spheres, Cubes, and Transwarp Gateways in STFs.
    Their energy damage is unaffected by this change.
    Tactical Cubes and other STF borg are unchanged.

I think that so they won't be able to one-shot you with the now visible invisatorp.

Basically meaning their space torpedos do less damage with the expection of the Tactical Cubes which are unchanged and their energy damage is unchanged as well for all Borg in those STFs.

At least that how I read it.
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rmxiii wrote: »
    I think that so they won't be able to one-shot you with the now visible invisatorp.

Basically meaning their space torpedos do less damage with the expection of the Tactical Cubes which are unchanged and their energy damage is unchanged as well for all Borg in those STFs.

At least that how I read it.

then this is the best patch from season 7!
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The energy drain inflicted by Fire at Will activation now only happens if you are actually able to fire upon an enemy.

What does that mean ?:confused:
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vesolc wrote: »
    The energy drain inflicted by Fire at Will activation now only happens if you are actually able to fire upon an enemy.

What does that mean ?:confused:

You use to have energy drain from rear weapon if you only had front targets. So you energy loss for all weapons. Now if the weapon does not have a target it not pretend fire. It sit until target is avaiable. This is nice for sci captains.
    320x240.jpg
  • vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    You use to have energy drain from rear weapon if you only had front targets. So you energy loss for all weapons. Now if the weapon does not have a target it not pretend fire. It sit until target is avaiable. This is nice for sci captains.

Thank you for an explanation.:)
  • nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A lot of bugs in here I have been waiting for a fix for a long time. Thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Big thumbs up on this patch, especially the invisible torps. Loot roll key-binds, very nice.[Looking forward to the patch that fixes cloak dropping when my BOs whisper to me.]

Good effort guys. :)

EDIT: My Nausican also wants to thank you for fixing the shipyard - Qonos transporter shuffle... :>
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All variants of "Field Test Biogenic Weaponization..." duty officer assignments have been moved from their previous availability onto a Rare Medical availability.

They should now properly begin appearing on available assignment lists around the galaxy.

Thanks for fixing this... finally. ;)
  • mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Romulan Space NPCs should no longer shoot themselves in the face with Plasma Torpedoes
    Sorry, but I LOL'ed hard on this.
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, A lot of nice bug fixes here in this patch. The nicest one, dissapearing borg torps that no longer dissapear. This will be nice to actually see whats gonna kill me, in hopes that I might actually hit the brace for impact and survive by the hair of my chinny chin chin.

Well done on a lot of progress. The LoR is going to be great with all these bugs being addressed!
  • zarathos1978zarathos1978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow. That's a big patch, and even some things that fix PvP :D

Those last ? I spend on Zens - I already feel those were well spent euros.
This discussion has been closed.