What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 4, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And now I will not be playing at all, since with this change, servers won't be up until 23:00 local :mad:
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who the heck is Hager3 who posted servers will be bk up at 21:00. Looked thro thread & noticed he only 1 who posted that. looked at his profile. Nothing there at all. So who is he?

Saw pwebranflakes posted that game will be up at 2pm PDT. whats PDT stand for.
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess it was great i decided to watch The Hobbit then at 12pm EST because it would have finished after maintanence but now will finish BEFORE maintanence LOL
  • Options
    savagesprittisavagespritti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    April fools! The game is back up.
  • Options
    archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dkratasco wrote: »
    So go play EVE, 15-30 minutes maintenance every day. Two last updates announcement down time was 10h both extended few times to almost to 26h offline.
    15-30 min every day no thank u almost 26h of down time thats even worse
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • Options
    chuckmaxwellchuckmaxwell Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stop the whining guys
    if it helps the game (especially fixing the lag,UI lag,connection issues) then they can work on the server the entire night:D
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Grrrrr losing patients :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so what will that be in uk time im getting confused with all the time zones
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    so what will that be in uk time im getting confused with all the time zones

The new time should be 22:00 GMT/CET...
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    coryb77 wrote: »
    It's 6 hours, or about 12 cents of your monthly subscription. I guess they could refund you that 12 cents if you really want.

LoL, ya. haha!
    And to keep in the spirit of most return policies, while they are refunding him.. they should charge shipping and handling plus insurence costs for mailing the 12 cents to him..
    In other words, you owe them $3.12
  • Options
    aetesakiaetesaki Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess Qakhomatze (Fed) and Klegg son of Kveps (KDF) has to give way for ArmusQ on Conter-Strike: Global Offensive, then. You know..., Star Trek Online isn't the only game in town...
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ... there's no way I can troll these forums for another 2 'n a half hours :(
  • Options
    radavvadraradavvadra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    phantom771 wrote: »
    And now they are saying it's going to be ANOTHER 2 hours. We just went from 4 to 6 hours of downtime. I don't know about most of you but, I pay for my account. Are we going to see some kind of compensation for this? I get it that sometime things need to be done but taking the game offline for 6 hours without some kind of compensation is unacceptable.

Unless PWE/Cryptic has somehow managed to seriously mess up your life in some way they OWE YOU NOTHING I had a week of downtime recently due to a broken undersea cable it happens its not that long a wait and its only a game.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    guys yes it sucks but nig patches tak time
  • Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the thing is, cryptic doesn't have network engineers, they have those engineers that drive choo choo trains to do all their work for them, which kinda explains a lot.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    stop the whining guys
    if it helps the game (especially fixing the lag,UI lag,connection issues) then they can work on the server the entire night:D

ok then stop the whining will you be saying this iff it took you a week to get back in then when you uninstall and reinstall then it still dont work so you do this another 5 times because it says you still dont have the wright files to play then in the help forums it says turn off your fier wall and try then when i do that i get 46 virues so i have to wipe my comp and restor it after nearly every patch then they take you 6 hours to run all the patches WELL I DONT THINK SO:mad:
  • Options
    fleetadmcassityfleetadmcassity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

I'm updating the OP to refelct our new ETA of 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll get you back in-game ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for keeping us appraised of the progress.
    Fingers crossed for no further issues and delays in completing the Maintenance.
    Good luck in getting the latency and Launcher resolved.
    Fleet Admiral Cassity
    Delta Fleet
  • Options
    sussexgentsussexgent Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for keeping us updated Branflakes.

Any chance we can get a tweet when everything is back up and running, I'm getting myself confused with the constant time zone calculations. Plus I can then step away from the computer instead of constantly checking the forum for updates.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Another 2 hours? Well it's nice to know that the connection issues are finally being addressed...after 2-3 weeks of complete silence about it.
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Captains, please read my post above :) Our Engineers are doing very important work today and that requires this downtime. We apologize for the inconvenience and we want to get you back in-game ASAP.

Also, as I found out while I was writing this, it looks like our Engineers are going to need a bit more time. New ETA is 2PM PDT. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So another 3 hours & 30 minutes to go based on that as its only 10:30 AM PDT right now. Well, I'd rather them take the time and get things all straightened up, I can do other things in the mean time.

Still a lot quicker than SE when they use to have maintenance on FFXI!
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ok then stop the whining will you be saying this iff it took you a week to get back in then when you uninstall and reinstall then it still dont work so you do this another 5 times because it says you still dont have the wright files to play then in the help forums it says turn off your fier wall and try then when i do that i get 46 virues so i have to wipe my comp and restor it after nearly every patch then they take you 6 hours to run all the patches WELL I DONT THINK SO:mad:

Sounds like you have a computer issue.... not a game issue. Maybe sue microsoft?:P
  • Options
    phantom771phantom771 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LoL, ya. haha!
    And to keep in the spirit of most return policies, while they are refunding him.. they should charge shipping and handling plus insurence costs for mailing the 12 cents to him..
    In other words, you owe them $3.12

Success!! I knew if I came up with a compelling enough argument that I could bring out the trolls!! Turns out, it was much easier than I first thought.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sean2448 wrote: »
    guys yes it sucks but nig patches tak time

I am so glad you weren't trying to type "bigger"
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok if I got what PDT stands for Correctly. Then right now it is:

Thursday, 4 April
    10:29 a.m at PWE which is in the UK GMT 6:29pm

So if game is down till 2pm PDT(Pacific Daylight Time) USA & Canada. Then game will be bk up in the UK at 9pm 2nite. Where the heck do these idiots get 23:00 from. LOL

Hope this helps my Fellow UK players.
  • Options
    darledrickdarledrick Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    puppydog1 wrote: »
    In the future, you guys might want to think about putting up some kind of re-direct or announcement when you are taking everything off-line. For me at least, everything, even the STO website is gone, and there are no maintenance announcements or anything.
    It's quite jarring to just find the servers completely gone with no explanation until I came here.
    Every Thursday morning at 7AM PST. Banner announcement right on the updater. Seriously! Are you kidding?
  • Options
    longjohn9longjohn9 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i would like to see them give us an option of wearing a kilt. I'm getting my clan color tartan for my weeding this summer and would like to show some pride in my toon. It could fit in the formal pack or the Star Trek TOS costume pack. After all Scotty wore one in formal occasions. Just a thought
  • Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    noooo..how long do you want me to talk to my wife cryptic? :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    stulloyd wrote: »

Thursday, 4 April

So if game is down till 2pm PDT(Pacific Daylight Time) USA & Canada. Then game will be bk up in the UK at 9pm 2nite. Where the heck do these idiots get 23:00 from. LOL

lol i dont think they understand that 23:00 is 11:00 pm lol not 9 pm thankx for the time info for the uk
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    stulloyd wrote: »

Thursday, 4 April

Nope, the current time over the pond at Cryptic HQ is 09:30 according to the clock at the bottom of the forums. Also timeanddate.com converts it to 22:00 GMT/CET or 23:00 GMT/CET +1...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    phantom771 wrote: »
    Success!! I knew if I came up with a compelling enough argument that I could bring out the trolls!! Turns out, it was much easier than I first thought.

So basically your saying that you put a comment up to bring out troll. by that logic then you admit that you were trolling for trolls. I guess that makes you the troll king?:D
This discussion has been closed.