test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (April 4, 2013)

Comments

• randomglitch2randomglitch2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really picked the wrong day to come back to this game and show my wife what a fun game it is.. :/
  • tw3tw3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    here she comes again...everyone act normal...

"hey babe..."

"Your not yelling at the ship, you ok?" she laughs...

"Oh sure just fixing the weapons..."

"What ever that means...ok..."

ok everyone were good, she back in the kitchen......
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The good news: I got the Launcher to come back up.

The bad news: The banner says it will now be down 'til 1 AM PST. That's 14 hours longer than originally predicted!!!

Or a typo.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • tavia12tavia12 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When are the engineers going to be done? Have it patched but still can't connect to the servers.
  • santos978santos978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    and how about the ship's look , it's been 6 weeks since i can't change my ship appearance , ,, it's been 4 since i got a answer saying "where are working on it " ?????????????????
  • klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really picked the wrong day to come back to this game and show my wife what a fun game it is.. :/

What? this isnt exciting enough for you?? anymore excitement , i may have a stroke or something..... :D
  • componentzcomponentz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    UPDATE #2 (4/4 @ 10:17AM PDT): It looks like our Engineers are going to need a bit more time. New ETA is 2PM PDT. Thank you for your patience and understanding.[/COLOR]

And now it 2PM. Where is Scotty when we need him. He always does his estimates by a power of 4 so he can be done long before we expect.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tavia12 wrote: »
    When are the engineers going to be done? Have it patched but still can't connect to the servers.

Cryptic needs some miracle workers :P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • alnitekalnitek Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This should fix some major survivability issues. :)
  • haubrockhaubrock Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know this is selfish, but why do you guys ruin our european evenings with those patches and why are you unable to do this patches in a few, maybe 2 or 3 hours? It is already ****ty enough that we had to take those lags and rubberbanding fun flying events... -.- and now this? Its my free evening and you guys force me to READ!!! **** I AM GOING TO READ A BOOK BECAUSE OF YOU!!! TRIBBLE YOU!!! :mad: (just kidding, even thou you make me go bonkers)
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    captlipman wrote: »
    Why don't they post on the twitter feed when being brought down and updates?

Just curious.

Because updating social network feeds would be convenient and useful to their users.

PWE/Cryptic doesn't care about users, only money. So that's why. Find a way for them to collect $1 per tweet or Facebook status update per user, and they'd be all over it like white on rice.
  • klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tw3 wrote: »
    here she comes again...everyone act normal...

"hey babe..."

"Your not yelling at the ship, you ok?" she laughs...

"Oh sure just fixing the weapons..."

"What ever that means...ok..."

ok everyone were good, she back in the kitchen......

and i bet she has no shoes on and has a bun in the oven? :eek:
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jameskirke wrote: »
    Seeing as the servers have been down for 4 hours now, has there been an actual post with a new Update with a New ETA? Are we just waiting for Cryptic to finish / reboot servers, or are they actually going to be down for several more hours?

Curious Players want to know. :)

Always look at the first post in this thread for updates
    Live long and Prosper
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    alnitek wrote: »
    This should fix some major survivability issues. :)

Indeed.. people cannot die in STF if they cannot login.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bergins wrote: »
    The good news: I got the Launcher to come back up.

The bad news: The banner says it will now be down 'til 1 AM PST. That's 14 hours longer than originally predicted!!!
    Or a typo.

Thats SOP, inflate the repair estimate by 100%, then when it's done ahead of schedule they get a bonus, and the title of 'miracle worker'.

heh, I do it all the time.
    :)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    componentz wrote: »
    And now it 2PM. Where is Scotty when we need him. He always does his estimates by a power of 4 so he can be done long before we expect.
    Where's Spock when we need him? Someone's gotta explain Time Zones to ya!

Just to help, if it's 2 pm where and when you made that post, the game'll be up at 5 pm for you.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah im about to finish watching The Hobbit which i started just a little after maintanence and now im thinking maybe i should read the book and im thinking ill FINISH reading it before the maintanence is done lol
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Thats SOP, inflate the repair estimate by 100%, then when it's done ahead of schedule they get a bonus, and the title of 'miracle worker'.

Scotty always multiplies by four :D
  • jameskirkejameskirke Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, after reading and ReReading the First post, I realize that this site is going to be DOWN for quite awhile. If I'm wrong I apologise, but as far as I can tell, this is how its looking for a startup time:

2pm - Pacific Time
    3pm - Mountain Time
    4pm - Central Time
    5pm - Eastern Time
    6pm - Atlantic Time

Ok... this is Good to know.
    "To boldly go where no man has gone before."
  • laevorlaevor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :confused:
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rajathomas wrote: »
    Didn't you guys learn anything from Montgomery? You should've said you would be down for maintenance for 24 hours, that way you wouldn't look so hapless when you overrun the original estimate by what is a yet to be determined number of additional hours.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this LOL
  • tw3tw3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its only 11:30 pst at the moment and they will return at 1am? um ah.....

"TRIBBLE"
  • componentzcomponentz Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bergins wrote: »
    Where's Spock when we need him? Someone's gotta explain Time Zones to ya!

2pm PDT is 4pm for me. :D
    edited April 2013
    haubrock wrote: »
    I know this is selfish, but why do you guys ruin our european evenings with those patches and why are you unable to do this patches in a few, maybe 2 or 3 hours? It is already ****ty enough that we had to take those lags and rubberbanding fun flying events... -.- and now this? Its my free evening and you guys force me to READ!!! **** I AM GOING TO READ A BOOK BECAUSE OF YOU!!! TRIBBLE YOU!!! :mad: (just kidding, even thou you make me go bonkers)

Because most Americans don't have a clue about this mysterious place called "Yoorp" :P
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OMG :eek: SERVERS ARE DOWN

time for some advertisment

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol the patcher says "We will be performing shard maintenance on April 4th from 7AM-1AM PST, note maintenance has been extended until 1 PM."

lessee, carry the 7... yep, according to the patcher, this maintenance will run for 30 hours
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

LMAO... So do I ... being in IT... I always ALWAYS apply the Scotty rule to promised deliverables. The whole exchange between Scotty and LaForge duting that TNG episode made me laugh so hard, I almost (and quite possibly did) pee myself a little.

It has become part of my new IT Employee Training Orientation Check List.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Medics have been set up in several areas for help with STO withdrawal!

I'm happy to wait because I know the staff are doing good things.... Well I hope they are lol
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • alnitekalnitek Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, April 4th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 4 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE #1 (4/4 @ 9:57AM PDT): Our new ETA is 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent. Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll get you back in-game ASAP.

UPDATE #2 (4/4 @ 10:17AM PDT): It looks like our Engineers are going to need a bit more time. New ETA is 2PM PDT. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We will be performing shard maintenance on April 4th from 7 AM-1 AM PST (1400-2000 UTC). NOTE: This maintenance has been extended until 1pm

Can you people make sense of this?
    edited April 2013
    It's now saying 20:00 UTC, which is going to work out at 21:00 GMT, so it's still 90 minutes away. Just enough time for a game of football :rolleyes:

7am-1am doesn't make any sense, unless it's going to be down 18 hours.
This discussion has been closed.