Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (April 4, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    phantom771 wrote: »
    So, explain to me why it takes 4 hours to install a patch? It's a simple as overwriting a few files with new ones right? I mean, did you take the time to test the fixes first? Or are you installing them, then testing them, fixing as necessary then testing again? If that's the case, why not just install the thing, lets us, the players, find the broke spots then you can fix them that way. I mean, that's basically how it works anyway. 4 hours? come on.......

maybe with the amount a changes they want ot make sure that said patch works as there might a been something tricky that needs ot be done in certain order...then you test it and all those new things to make sure it works

god forbid they just do it in 30 minutes and then TRIBBLE breaks and dont work and they have to bring it down again ...and again ...and again ...and...you get the idea....

better to do it right the first time they say.....
    ----
    and yea they might be adding stuff for may in parts that we cant use yet so its more seemless....
  • Options
    jakal79jakal79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ability to fire while cloaked is DENIED KDF! HAHAHAHAHAHA You love that. Glad I dont play as KDF cuz I'd be so pissed off with the changes! Cheers! :cool:
  • Options
    phantom771phantom771 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »
    According to the Branflakes counterpart over on the Champions board they are also doing network maintenance of some kind today.

And now they are saying it's going to be ANOTHER 2 hours. We just went from 4 to 6 hours of downtime. I don't know about most of you but, I pay for my account. Are we going to see some kind of compensation for this? I get it that sometime things need to be done but taking the game offline for 6 hours without some kind of compensation is unacceptable.
  • Options
    vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One game day lost. Meh:P
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    giarana wrote: »
    TY Bran....
    Hi Captains,

I'm updating the OP to refelct our new ETA of 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll get you back in-game ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Guess its anime and KoL for the next couple of hours...ah well, if sto doesn't feel like my ships in fluidic space 80% of the time and in sector my ship doesn't fly back and forth like a federation destroying yoyo, it'll be a great improvement
  • Options
    moody83moody83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    caramba3 wrote: »
    its say only 4 hours, so basic if my time is correct they are 1 HOUR late

1 hour to go
    Perfectworld:
    My wallet has just put you on indefinite probation!!!!
  • Options
    klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, explain to me why it takes 4 hours to install a patch? It's a simple as overwriting a few files with new ones right? I mean, did you take the time to test the fixes first? Or are you installing them, then testing them, fixing as necessary then testing again? If that's the case, why not just install the thing, lets us, the players, find the broke spots then you can fix them that way. I mean, that's basically how it works anyway. 4 hours? come on.......

if they did that, i have noticed in other games, the posts would be full of complainers , alot of them theatening to sue or crying bout it not working as advertised type stuff and demanding thier money back. seen it on quite a few games that went under from this. alot of players dont have the patience or mentality for play testing, they want it all and they want it now seems to be the growing trend i am seeing lately....

i know it all dont relate but tryied to cover most of the points i have seen in the past several months on other game posts....
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow... Talk about bad timing for the EU, If i read this right, the servers won't be up until 22:00 local, or 21:00 CET... Is that right Brandon?? Or did i mess something up when converting time zones??
  • Options
    archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

I'm updating the OP to refelct our new ETA of 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought). We are performing a pretty significant network maintenance and update today so this also affects our other Cryptic games. The goal of the maintenance is to reduce latency and connection issues. Please also note that this maintenance could cause connection to the site and launcher to be intermittent.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    another 2 hours huh? this is the resion why i dont pay or play as much for this game sorry, but u guys do a good job with this game but when it comes to maintenance well not rly a good rep huh?
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • Options
    klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    moody83 wrote: »
    1 hour to go

according to my clock, we have another hour to go on the original 4 hrs. :D
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The servers should be back up at 2100 hrs GMT, 1300 hours PDT, 1600 hours EST
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    phantom771phantom771 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jakal79 wrote: »
    Ability to fire while cloaked is DENIED KDF! HAHAHAHAHAHA You love that. Glad I dont play as KDF cuz I'd be so pissed off with the changes! Cheers! :cool:

This is the whole reason behind test servers. You write the program, install it on a WORKING test server, find the kinks, work them out, rinse and repeat till it's all working. THEN you install it on the Open server. It's programming 101.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So that's why I cannot even get the launcher to work. Network maintenance.
    Thanks for updating all the threads in the PC/Technical section to give us the reason why all of us cannot connect.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited April 2013
    hagar3 wrote: »

So I was right then... I'm in GMT +1, so that's 22:00 local, makes me a sad panda, since i won't be able to play STO...

Oh well, atleast I have SW:TOR to occupy myself with...
  • Options
    brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hagar3 wrote: »

where do you pull out the21h GMT? UTC = GMT, so 18h GMT...
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok so whats going on. Says 2-6pm Maintainance is going on. It is now 6.10pm here. So whys the server not back up yet. What's happening. LOL.
  • Options
    hachanshachans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Damn it... :( There goes my gaming night! Oh well, I guess I'll do a quick infected run and refresh my doff missions when the server gets back up.

Nice working on the bugs and connection issues though! No complaints from me other than missing out on game time!
  • Options
    brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    brwjames85 wrote: »

nvm, just scrolled up... *facepalm*
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    brwjames85 wrote: »

That's not what I'm getting when using time and date to convert.... I end up with 22:00 local every time I try.

Oh and the clock is now 19:04 local, so I think we are right...

***Edit: You must have edited as i posted :P ***
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    archer6621 wrote: »
    another 2 hours huh? this is the resion why i dont pay or play as much for this game sorry, but u guys do a good job with this game but when it comes to maintenance well not rly a good rep huh?

So go play EVE, 15-30 minutes maintenance every day. Two last updates announcement down time was 10h both extended few times to almost to 26h offline.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    UPDATE (4/4 @ 9:57AM PDT): Our new ETA is 1PM PDT (2 hours later than originally thought).

Shocker....
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    No worries.

Since I have plenty of stuff to work on, I am glad that this has happened now. It gives me an excuse to work on other things.
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Q Que Cue, cew kue kew Qoo Coo chew pew pew. durr.
  • Options
    savagesprittisavagespritti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They said 2 hours longer than originally stated...sooo...that's 2 hours and 45 minutes from now. I don't know where you're getting this 1 hour to go thought lol
  • Options
    coryb77coryb77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And now they are saying it's going to be ANOTHER 2 hours. We just went from 4 to 6 hours of downtime. I don't know about most of you but, I pay for my account. Are we going to see some kind of compensation for this? I get it that sometime things need to be done but taking the game offline for 6 hours without some kind of compensation is unacceptable.

It's 6 hours, or about 12 cents of your monthly subscription. I guess they could refund you that 12 cents if you really want.
  • Options
    realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mikt1 wrote: »
    - fixing the character window (space) when pressing the U key to default to the active ship instead of the shuttle.

Yes, that should be fixed to default to the active craft, but untill they fix it there is a simple workaround for this problem:
    It does not default to the Shuttle.
    It sorts ship and shuttle alphabetically by name, and defaults to he first in that list.

So if you rename them in a way that the ship's name comes before the shuttle's name in the Alphabet, it will default to the Ship
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Captains, please read my post above :) Our Engineers are doing very important work today and that requires this downtime. We apologize for the inconvenience and we want to get you back in-game ASAP.

Also, as I found out while I was writing this, it looks like our Engineers are going to need a bit more time. New ETA is 2PM PDT. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so i wont be paying untill 20:00 then this sucks
  • Options
    beamscort1beamscort1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol, I was going to check out Neverwinter, but thats down also.
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pst, look at Brandon's post above. Thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.