What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post your worst STF experiance

Comments

• Options
    parrotking97parrotking97 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My worst stf experience is related to same problem. 3 players without chat windows open, pressing different button combinations in the room. KGE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "There is coffee in that nebula." - Kathryn Janeway
    My rihansu character: S'tarleya ch'Rihan Rahaen'fvil, commander of warbird Hnoiyika
  • Options
    corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having posted in this thread before I'll keep it short. Just had an Elite mission whereby someone pops not one, not two, but inevitably three cubes. So whilst I and two others are taking care of the far left side I suddenly get attacked by a cube(s) from behind!

I keep quiet, decide to just go with the flow and mention through the chat box to at least warn us in future. Nothing more, nothing less. Surprisingly, we manage to get everything done without one single probe getting through. I write in chat box "well done, good come back" kinda thing.

Immediately I get abuse, probably from the the player who popped most of the cubes. This, despite the fact I and the others had to clean up the mess this fool contributed too. Inevitably I don't care about the cubes being popped nearly all at once. I don't care that an Elite mission which takes under ten minutes to complete with a good team nearly took 20-30 minutes. I wouldn't have even cared if 9 out 10 probes got through the gate... don't get me wrong, its annoying... but at the end of the day, what really irks me is the rudeness and lack of intelligence some of these so called Elite players show in game. Politeness, team work, etc... cost nothing.
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just the same thing hashed over and over and over.

There I was...

CSN

I PUG in and say 'Hi' as usual.

No responce.

I fly right to cube one.

Nobody follows.

I kill the BOPs and start on the nodes.

I see there are four team ships but I can only see three.

All three are at the Kang.

I get clobbered by an plasma torp, just didn't hit the heals fast enough.

I respawn and see that there are still only three other ships, all at the Kang

I fly by the Kang and see that all three have Rainbow/Technicolor beams.

A forth ship now pugs in.

I get the first cube killed and see that the Kang is getting clobbered by BOPs and Raptors.

I fly in and kill them all.

I send the Kang a heal.

I fly to cube 2 and kill two raptors on the way.

One ship follows.

I kill three nodes for his one.

Suprise Suprise. :D

I check his accolade, 1900.

I kill the rest of the nodes while the other ship is following a raptor back to the Kang.

I kill the cube, 6 minutes left.

I fly back to the Kang and kill the Raptors and BOPs that have it surrounded.

I send the Kang a heal.

I fly to cube three and shoot a couple of BOPs that are headed to the Kang.

Nobody follows. :eek:

I start on the nodes and get them all killed.

I start on the Cube.

Nobody helps.

Cube dies with 15 seconds left.

I high tail it to the Kang which is being hit by the two Warships and get it hailed with about 5 seconds left.

I kill the two warships.

I type, 'Read the forums about how to do an STF, drop the damn Rainbow/Technicolor beams and go get some DPS!'

No responce.

I just watch as they try to kill the Carrier.

It takes several minutes so I step in and do it for them with my rear turrets. :rolleyes:

So whats new, right?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    from what I read it sounds as if you were doing everything oO
    what were THEY doing??? :confused:

If your using technicolor/rainbow beams, your doing as little as you can short of not shooting at all.

:mad:
  • Options
    darkchaosbunniesdarkchaosbunnies Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So I usually only PUG ISEs because it's the easiest to do with a team of incompetent people. Went into one, it was amazing. 2 tacs in Andorian ships, 2 tacs in bugs, and myself a tac in an assault cruiser. Went through that thing with almost 9 mins left on the optional. Flawless. But the karma gods were watching me and made me pay for it with a second horrible run.

Started off okay, but I noticed one guy, let's call him "troll", sitting at the gate shooting rainbows at it with both transformers intact. I team chatted to let him know politely he isn't able to hurt the gate. No response. I zoned the same thing, nothing. PM, nothing. By now someone else has prematurely blown a gen, lost the opt. No biggie. We clean up and go to the right. Troll is STILL sitting left popping shots at the gate. So I PM again and finally he responds with "Oh, I was just shooting it for fun. Thank you for your infinite wisdom, oh genious one!" >.> to which I say "do you actually want to complete this, or are you trolling?" And he says "troll? What is this? I suppose you could say I am". Great, I hate griefers.

So I tell him flat out "I won't waste your time. There's no point trolling me. Ill literally sit here for hours til you and everyone else leave match and ill SOLO this." He bails. Everyone else bails but one guy with fairly good DPS. We clear the swarm of nanites around the gen in around 10, and finally take it down. Then we slowly manage to dispatch gate and cube. 2 man win! I was doing about 5-6k dps, about double what the other guy was. But it sure helped a lot having him stay. I wish id friended him, I thanked him for staying.

Mind you this was in my "assimilated" style assault cruiser. Borg mk xii set, 6 fleet plasma beams, omega torp, cutting beam, console, rom +plasma shield consoles. I crank out about 5500-6k dps with it. So to all that say cruisers are useless, suck that! It was horrible but it was also pretty epic, and I got enjoyment out of trolling a troll for once!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The cruisers are far from useless...which can't be said about most of the players in them. I've seen a few cruisers in PuGs that made my jaw drop and think to myself "Really!?" And now with the Fleet Assault refit the things get better (for those who can build a proper one).

Lately, I find PuG-ing KASE to be the most difficult...or rather - annoying. The strategy "Frak the cube, I'll kill the transformer, nothing else matters" is spreading like a disease...and the lack of situational awareness in most of the players I meet. Like yesterday - I was playing the right probe guard and the bunch of the others were around the far left transformer and cube with no one on probe duty. I killed my cube, the probes on my side and went for those on the other side. One of the *orons came in and TBRed them out of my range (I had just activated CSV3, TS3, APB1, TT1 and EPtW3). And I had to chase them afterwards, because the player could hardly cope with two probes even though being in a Breen warship....a huge Picard facepalm it was....
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So to all that say cruisers are useless, suck that! It was horrible but it was also pretty epic, and I got enjoyment out of trolling a troll for once!

Cruisers are far from useless if they are set up right. Unfortunatly many aren't. VERY MANY! :eek:

Every STF has at least one (lets just say SHIP) with little or no DPS, no heals, no shields, no nothing. Nothing but a little guy with buck teeth and a hoody behind a stained keyboard where he's heard saying, "O lukie mie shyne nue cruzor, hehehehe. I soore hapy I skippp mitle scool 2dey. hehehehehe"

:D
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    from what I read it sounds as if you were doing everything oO
    what were THEY doing??? :confused:

You don't seriously believe a single word he writes? There are made-up stories like that from him on every second page in this thread...
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So I was running CGE pugged. The first mistake.

One guy on the team, Damir, had about 5 red injuries on him. He apparently had no remodulator either. So myself and a Klingon were constantly telling him to get a remod and heal his injuries. No response.

Throughout the match, he drew no aggro (didn't do any damage since his weapon wasn't remodded) and essentially sat there blasting away with no effect.

We didn't get optional, but we did get all the way up to Armek. So I finally send one last "Damir, please remod already", and finally, he speaks!
    Damir wrote:
    [Team] Damir@Edited out: kiss my a s hole

Imagine how enlightened I was to hear that. Here's the rest of the chat log, for your reading pleasure.

[Team] Damir: awwwwwwww

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: So, Damir, feel like remodding anytime soon?

[Team] Wistir: he speaks!!

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: :O

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: I didn't think him capable!

[Team] Wistir: Damir trade with me

[Team] Damirr: kiss my a s hole

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: Pardon?

Janok@stardestroyer001 sits in a Lounge chair.

[Team] Damir: smack me th TRIBBLE hole

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: Just remod your weapon please.

[Team] Wistir: [Frequency Remodulator] <- helpful against all borg

[Team] Wistir: i got one if you need it

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: We wuld all apreciate it when we fight Armek.

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: *would *appreciate

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: Damir, where are you going?

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: Objective is over here

[Team] Damir: this the third time that i'm wiriting it..i'm f***ing lagging, icannot play

[Team] Damir: can u read

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: So you just run away?

[Team] Wistir: then get a remod for when you can

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: Forget him guys, we're better off without him.

[Team] Wistir: its free

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: I'll take south.

[Team] Damir: no we i cannot stop the movement are blocket at 2 mins before guys

[Team] Damir: i palyed this game only for a 2 mins

[Team] Damir: played

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: Do you speak English?

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: If not, I can try google translator so you can understand what we're trying to say

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: In the meantime, lets try again guys

[Mission] Accolade complete: Vorn Service Medal

[Team] Janok@stardestroyer001: Got him

[Team] Wistir: nice!!

[Team] Wistir: good team with a few snags :)

I must thank Wistir for being a great teammate. He and I worked very well together, and his patience is quite something.

As for Damir, don't join STFs if you are lagging, that is a plain no-no. However I doubt he was lagging, he didn't rubberband around. He probably was purposely staying behind and forcing the rest of us to do the dirty work. Stay out of STF's, fool.

EDIT: Edited out the handle names, forgot to take them out when I copy-pasted.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You don't seriously believe a single word he writes? There are made-up stories like that from him on every second page in this thread...

When you do 1/10th the STF's I do then you'll be here every other page too. LOL

Or are you just mad because YOU'RE the one with the Rainbow/Technicolor beams.
  • Options
    pmcfrostpmcfrost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    really bad experience with Thelin was rain-bowing and talking **** the whole time oh and did i mention he was in an oddy as a science toon wtf lol otherwise was a hard but good run

edit: am i supposed to remove the names ?
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pmcfrost wrote: »
    edit: am i supposed to remove the names ?

Yes, you are. Against forum regulations.

Oh, and an oddy piloted by a sci captain can do perfectly fine as a combination healer/debuffer.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    they can in some very rare cercumstances but usually i see a oddy and know we are failing the optional or even the whole mission 9/10 times
    but that's just my opinion of the oddy
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pmcfrost wrote: »
    they can in some very rare cercumstances but usually i see a oddy and know we are failing the optional or even the whole mission 9/10 times
    but that's just my opinion of the oddy

I used to be that way too about the oddy. Two of my family members are flying them with great success so they can be a good ship if built right. One is a science with a tac captain and the other is a tactical with an engineer captain. (I Think). Both are very successful.

The first thing I tell them though is NO RAINBOW/TECHNICOLOR BEAMS or they'll be DISOWNED!:D
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jake81499 wrote: »
    The first thing I tell them though is NO RAINBOW/TECHNICOLOR BEAMS or they'll be DISOWNED!:D

you know, i'd really like to see your family put rainbows on their ships, just to tick you off, then tick you off even further by proving rainbows in the hands of people who actually know what the hell they're doing and know how to build their characters are just as effective as someone using all the same color

i'm really getting sick of you coming here every 2 days and blaming rainbows for lack of DPS when it's a TERRIBLE SKILL SETUP and NOT KNOWING HOW TO PROPERLY USE SUPPORTING POWERS that causes it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    you DO know there is also a science-oriented Odyssey ship right? :rolleyes: unless they were using the other versions, in which case they should be smacked.

they were using the tac oddy
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i'm really getting sick of you coming here every 2 days and blaming rainbows for lack of DPS when it's a TERRIBLE SKILL SETUP and NOT KNOWING HOW TO PROPERLY USE SUPPORTING POWERS that causes it

Yep your right, it s terrible set up skills. And you can get just as sick as you want because I'm sure I'll be posting more.
  • Options
    marvodamightymarvodamighty Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So I have been running into people that do not want to help in the STF matches. They tend to just fly around and maybe fire a few seconds then claim LAG, and only move when reward time comes.

Todays Culprit was Eve Szymusiak@iQlore

It makes the possibility of getting bonus Omega's impossible. Wish we could just kick them, with a voting system.
  • Options
    nelly1956nelly1956 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you know, i'd really like to see your family put rainbows on their ships, just to tick you off, then tick you off even further by proving rainbows in the hands of people who actually know what the hell they're doing and know how to build their characters are just as effective as someone using all the same color

Funny. There's no way I'd use rainbows even if they were set up right. I've seen too many times first hand how weak they are and I've only done a couple dozen STF's.
  • Options
    nelly1956nelly1956 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So I have been running into people that do not want to help in the STF matches. They tend to just fly around and maybe fire a few seconds then claim LAG, and only move when reward time comes.

Todays Culprit was xxxx@xxxx

It makes the possibility of getting bonus Omega's impossible. Wish we could just kick them, with a voting system.

You might want to edit that name out. Its against the rules to post them.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    nelly1956 wrote: »
    Funny. There's no way I'd use rainbows even if they were set up right. I've seen too many times first hand how weak they are and I've only done a couple dozen STF's.

tactical consoles boost a weapon's base damage, before anything else is added; replacing a blue mk xi specific console with the general one would take the DPS boost of a common mk xi beam array from its base of 210 DPV + the 26% boost of a specialized console, which is an added 54.6 and totals 264.6, down to 246.75 (210 *17.5% equaling 36.75), for a grand total DPV loss of 17.85 for that one beam array...big freaking whoop

and then everything from a proper skill/ship setup kicks in and boosts that to around 8-900 DPV, before any powers like tac fleet or attack pattern beta kick in, which would boost it even further

rainbow beams are not nearly as weak as some idiots seem to think they are, if the rest of the captain and ship are properly built
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tactical consoles boost a weapon's base damage, before anything else is added; replacing a blue mk xi specific console with the general one would take the DPS boost of a common mk xi beam array from its base of 210 DPV + the 26% boost of a specialized console, which is an added 54.6 and totals 264.6, down to 246.75 (210 *17.5% equaling 36.75), for a grand total DPV loss of 17.85 for that one beam array...big freaking whoop

and then everything from a proper skill/ship setup kicks in and boosts that to around 8-900 DPV, before any powers like tac fleet or attack pattern beta kick in, which would boost it even further

rainbow beams are not nearly as weak as some idiots seem to think they are, if the rest of the captain and ship are properly built

But why would you do that when one energy type is just plain better? You might try it to get all the procs... or you could focus on one and get a higher chance of proccing a specific proc. Additionally, rainbow beams are usually a sign that the rest of the build is not so great.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    But why would you do that when one energy type is just plain better? You might try it to get all the procs... or you could focus on one and get a higher chance of proccing a specific proc. Additionally, rainbow beams are usually a sign that the rest of the build is not so great.

uhhh, maybe to prove to ignorant idiots who don't know what the hell they're talking about that rainbows are just as effective as a single color save for an EXTREMELY minor DPV loss, that you aren't even going to notice if you're running any combination of EPtW, plasmonic leech, NI, aux2batt, weapons batteries, RMC, or any other myriad of powers that boost damage or power levels

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited April 2013
    uhhh, maybe to prove to ignorant idiots who don't know what the hell they're talking about that rainbows are just as effective as a single color save for an EXTREMELY minor DPV loss, that you aren't even going to notice if you're running any combination of EPtW, plasmonic leech, NI, aux2batt, weapons batteries, RMC, or any other myriad of powers that boost damage or power levels

Ok, so here's what you do.

Go start you own post explaining how;

To properly set up a Rainbow/Technicolor boat.
    To Properly set up a Skittles boat.
    To properly set up a boat.
    How not to Farm.
    How to use Chat.
    How to do a space STF.
    How to do a ground STF.
    How to cooperate with others.
    How not to sabatoge.
    What not to shoot at.
    What to shoot at.
    How to PUG.
    How not to PUG.

I could go on......

Anotherwords, this is like a TV set. If you don't like what your seeing, CHANGE THE CHANNEL! :D

The rest of us will continue telling our fun little stories about our adventures in the STF world. :eek:
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    voporak wrote: »

exactly. rainbows (and odys) have their bad name not from their uselessness, but just simply from the fact, that any competent player knows, that (s)he should get better results from a single weapon tpye.
    I know there are competent rainbows out there, but tough luck spotting them if you are not parsing all the time (like I do :))
    still rainbows are not "that" bad, they are just not good.

on topic:
    a yesterday I joined an ise. tow guys went to fight the right cube, died a few times, someone blew a gen early on my side, and as I was on the other side of everything, we lost too much dps while I went to grav well the spheres, so when I turn back, the transformer is still quite healthy, which means we lost the optional, one guy quit, and as it was past midnight I joined him. I assume the rest had a great time (by pure logic the one who blew early did not leave, and the two geniuses didnt either, so I am fairly sure they completed the rest of the round in 10 minutes - not)

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2