What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of the Game - 25 Feb. 2010

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ok, after some time here comes a message "disconected from login server" so i suppose that is going to last longer..

- timeout while waiting for gameserver address

u guys should really post some words, cause the broken screen could make us angry u know ..
    suppose there is someone in the house 24/7

gn8
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I am angry. I looked forward the whole week to play the game on this saturday evening, and now nothing works. Oh well. This sucks. I hope for tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Voivod123 wrote: »
    I am angry. I looked forward the whole week to play the game on this saturday evening, and now nothing works. Oh well. This sucks. I hope for tomorrow.

Don't count on it. They aren't paying any attention to us. :/
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Axwyn wrote:
    well it would be good if you could get connected to play it

Yup.

Three days now with random disconnects, freezing during map transitions, inability to log back in.

Really seems unprofessional to push out a content update that introduces so many new bugs.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Don't count on it. They aren't paying any attention to us. :/

I'm very discouraged.
    I had hoped this game would be more stable. It's shame cause they seem to have had a fun idea... but this ain't fun with all the connection problems and other game play hick ups. I hope they at least extend some compensation to those who lost playtime.:mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i am starting to wonder why i spent 50 bucks for a game that is down 70% of the time i'm able to play it... 3 days in a row.... plus twice yesterday
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They should at least admit that they're in serious trouble right now. Some people only have time to play o the weekend, and it is extremely awkward when you can't enjoy the game when you finally have time to do it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    MajCyric wrote:
    i am starting to wonder why i spent 50 bucks for a game that is down 70% of the time i'm able to play it... 3 days in a row.... plus twice yesterday

almost @400 and a new laptop! I'm usually laid back in here but i am growing very tired of this
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    SODANS wrote:
    WHY DID YOU GUYS AT CRYPTIC TRIBBLE THIS GAME OVER BY MAKING THE WEAPON POWER GO DOWN WHEN WE FIRE ...... YOU IDOTS!!!!!
    Too bad you can't adjust your font size, and yell louder....

Seriously, this has been part of the game from the start. Get thee an EPS transfer module.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    with this many issues, this game should still be in beta testing.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeah Great
    Post all the bloody TRIBBLE you want! Whats the point I can't play the game at all? I've logged in tons of times only to have to alt tab out because I can't get to play the game due to the amount of people already logged into the server! Come on cryptic why should I pay to play when I can't and before long I'll be cancelling my sub along with other disgruntled players. Oh yes great game pity cryptic won't pay the money to provide a decent service. Massive fail cryptic and I'll be lobbying my elected representative to ask for online TRIBBLE companies like yourselves to make sure you can't rip people off by providing a TRIBBLE service! Were is your mask you f*****g daylight robbers!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    smilie_wut_059.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    stupid loading
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Is it safe to say we can change the state of the game to broken?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    After downloading the patch for 10hours, I couldn't log in for another 30hours now and I don't receive any response from Cryptic. Whats going? I thot Lifetimer got log in privilege?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LOL - They have updated the launcher, so that it shows a slow but steady loadingbar increase when trying to connect to the game.

It does not help me geting into the game faster (or at all), but at least I see now that something is moving...

It's 03:07 (a.m.) now in Vienna, Austria and I don't think that I will be able to finish my day-by-day mission. OK - I'm a lifer but I don't want THAT long to reconnect. ;-)

Maybe it's a good idea to skip the whole weekend and wait till the worst problems are over.

Good luck to the devs, and may the easter-rabbit (if there is one in the States) bring some server-power to the communitiy.

Don't patch long but prosper \\//
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Profeus wrote:
    Is it safe to say we can change the state of the game to broken?

Yes, it is VERY safe to say the SotG is broken :p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    HOW ABOUT CANCELING PENALTIES??

HOW"S THAT SOUND:mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Come on people. Up until 2 days ago 3/25/2010 I have never had issues. Even when the servers came back up after the patch and long download times were happening all I did was close and restart and was in the game in 5 minutes. I am just speaking from my personal experience. As far as waiting queues this is the first MMO I have played in many years where they had to increase the amount of hardware due to demand instead of downgrade. This is the first major patch. Granted when all said and done it probably should have been put out a little slower than it was but hey you live and you learn.

Am I upset I cannot get into the game and play right now yes but I am not going to cancel my subscription over one bad experience. Lighten up.

On a more personal note I am tired of people wanting free game time or what have you. I paid for prerelease, collectors, and a lifetime sub. So again lighten up what have you really lost other than your time. Go out in the world for once and not sit behind a computer screen to have fun.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    o well this stuff happens. it will get fixed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There 2 rules in life:

Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff.

Rule 2: Its all small stuff.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    amen.... been playing since release and havent had any problems. thats just me. im not on 23hours a day. just a casual player. but am still happy with the game so far. ive played other mmo's and this is still the funnest. be patient, relax, take a pee break, have a beer, talk to people....... it will be back soon
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just my bad luck to have purchased the game today?

I am not getting a good feeling atm.

Selfish
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Selfish, don't regret purchasing the game. Just the first bad day in it. Depending on where you live you should still be able to play tonight.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have been playing this game since beta, including the time after beta when only preorder's could play i have 2 toons that are maxed out and i cant tell you that were the game does have its share of problems it has imporved since beta and the probles it has and is having are no worse then WOW had when it came out.....

incedentaly i also played WOW in its beginings also
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Mr_Selfish wrote:
    Just my bad luck to have purchased the game today?

I am not getting a good feeling atm.

Selfish

I bought the game today also. Don't be worried Mr_Selfish, I have faith that it'll be awesome once it's had a few months of solid patches and player feedback.

People who are whinging need to get over it...nothing is perfect, in fact i'd prefer to see downtime and a game that improves and changes, than a game that performs perfectly and stays the same.

Best of luck devs with the maintenance!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i paid a good deal of money, and spent a lot of time, and this is not the first time this game has robbed me of my plans. all i wanted was to play this game Friday night and Saturday; and BOTH times the game was down. I asked and paid for one simple thing, a working game, and they failed at that.
    I gave them 24 hours to fix this without complaint and they failed.
    Will we get some of our money back for this?
    of course not ... money hungry, lazy programmers.
    Typical America
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I honestly hope there is no death penalty added. waiting 12 seconds to go back into the fray is long enough. i couldn't imagine being the lone survivor with a fleet ships baring down on your position, while your thinking come on guys where are you!!!?