bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jake81499 wrote: »
    Worst bunch I've seen in a few days.

There I was.

I had just selected CSN.

Countdown was to 5 seconds.

Power goes out.

The game dropped but I'm on a battery backup so the computer and internet didn't.

I grab a glass of Dr Pepper.

I reboot STO and figure I'm not going to be in a game so I let it verify the files.

This takes a few minutes.

The game boots and low and behold, I'm in the CSN. :D

Six minutes of the STF have gone by.

I see four ships at the Kang.

I think 'Oh Goody.'

I fly right and none of the nodes had been touched.

I start killing nodes.

Now all four of the other ships come to the cube and start shooting.

Three have Rainbow/Technicolor beams and one has Skittles.

I think, 'Oh Goody.'

I see the Kang is swarmed.

I fly in and kill all the Borg and send the Kang a heal.

The Kang is at 79%.

I fly back and continue on the first cube.

All four of the other ships follow a BOP back to the Kang.

First cube dies and I fly to cube two.

One of the nodes is already dead.

I kill the others with no help and start on the cube.

Time is down to 5 minutes.

All four of the other ships show up and start on the cube.

The Kang is again swarmed so I fly back and kill the borg.

I heal the Kang and fly back to the Cube.

I kill the cube.

All four of the other ships follow a Raptor back to the Kang. :(

I fly to Cube 3.

We're down to just under 3 minutes.

All four of the other ships are working on the spawn from Cube 3.

I get the cube down to 3 nodes and holler, 'A Little Help Here!'

No responce.

All four are chacing the Borg Spawn which is nowhere near the Kang.

We're down to 1 minute and I say, 'HELP AT THE CUBE!'

No responce.

I can't save the optional, out of time.

I kill the cube and hail the Kang.

All four are still working on the two Warships.

I type, 'If you don't know what the Priorities are, DON'T DO STF's. And lose the stupid Rainbow/Technicolor Beams!'

No Responce. :eek:

We kill the carrier.

I type, 'Worst bunch I've seen in Days...'

No Responce. :eek:

The good part?

I somehow picked up 25 Omega Marks and a Borg NP.

Isn't it interesting how so many noobs seem to be unable to communicate at all? Their names, fleet names, ship names are obviously customized, and typically in English. You know that they have language skills and their brain is probably not completely lobotomized, yet they suddenly lack language skills during a game. Not sure if they're completely trolling and deliberately wasting everyone's time or if it's just how noobs roll.
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not to burst your bubble, but I believe you can get much more rewards than that. I've gotten multiple BNPs on Normal, simply because my ship deals so much more damage compared to the "Technicolor" boats.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    jake81499jake81499 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not to burst your bubble, but I believe you can get much more rewards than that. I've gotten multiple BNPs on Normal, simply because my ship deals so much more damage compared to the "Technicolor" boats.

Sorry, no bubble burst.

I often pull 5 BNP's. In the mission above I was just suprised to pull anything. :eek:

It was pretty bad.
  • Options
    nelly1956nelly1956 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It was pretty bad.

Yea, I could hear him cussing in the other computer room. My dad NEVER cusses. LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Wow, sounds bad.
  • Options
    risian5risian5 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just done an elite STF. (Infected Space Elite). Mission went pretty good, considering the fact that we had only four players. Too bad I can't name any players here, cause those people who simply join a mission and fly to a distance of 180 km in their Cardassian Galor should be known to everyone.

I reported the player, took a screenshot to have some evidence, but I guess nothing will be done. Has there actually been any feedback from the developers if they're going to do something about this?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    risian5 wrote: »
    I reported the player, took a screenshot to have some evidence, but I guess nothing will be done. Has there actually been any feedback from the developers if they're going to do something about this?

That's just a common Farmer. It doesn't do any good to report them because they are just too common. Put them on ignore when you are irritated by one and you won't have to deal with him in an STF again.

Reporting people because they Farm or just do an STF wrong is a joke at best. What's needed is the Kick like what we used to have before STF's but if you kicked someone back then you had to go recruit another player. The current system works (Somewhat) if the rest of the team is good. When you have two or more Farmers or bad players or a bunch of Rainbow/Technicolor beam boats you're just SOL. :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I just want to apologize to two players in a normal STF I just ran. A friend and I ran ISN as a training run for the friend, and halfway through, something happened while taking out the second generator. We both disconnected, and even though I promptly relogged and beamed up as the same character, the game dumped me at ESD. I found out my friend experienced the same thing and was dumped to ESD also.

Sorry guys. You two were doing fine.

(And to the third person, Technicolor beams aren't appreciated...)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013

you honestly think that'll stop anyone from using them?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Put them on ignore when you are irritated by one and you won't have to deal with him in an STF again.

Sadly, it doesn't work like that. If you put someone on ignore, that person will be effectively muted (for your private use). However, its still possible to meet that person in a public queue. I could use a certain player's nickname here, he is a particularly well-equipped afker, I stumbled upon him in more than 3 cases despite having him on my ignore list.

And yes, I was disappointed by that. Severely.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Not really. I just wanted to answer the inevitable question of "wait, you a0dn a friend and two others... where's the 5th person?)
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just did a KASE where I blew up the 4 generators, Cube, and transformer on the one side of one gate while another person was working solo on the other side (and had already spawned their cube before I did mine).

By the time I finished killing the one transformer, one of the people doing probes had already let 2 through. Oh well, it's a pug, so I don't get the optional. I don't get mad or anything over that. And, as none of the other transformers have been blown up, I figure we don't really have the dps to make the timer anyway.

So, I head over to the other side, which still has two transformer up, to help out. By this point in time, one of the people on that side have moved over, so I'm on the side with 2 live transformers, the probe killer for that side, and me, that's it. The other 3 are over on the side with just 1 transformer left. The probe killer and I manage to take out both transformers. I glance over at the other side, which still has 3 people on it, so I figure they're good and start firing at the gate. The gate's down to 50%, I look over, and there's still 3 people on that side, and the one transformer that I didn't kill on that side is STILL UP.

The run took 45 minutes.

Seeing as how I can generally out dps the average random pugs in elite STFs even when I'm in my Galaxy-R cruiser, I'm sorely tempted to put together a ship with as many different color beams as possible, but do everything else right.

Alas, the main thing stopping me is that I'm sure people would call me a noob anyway, even though I'd most likely be out dpsing them, and definitely contributing my fair share, and it isn't exactly easy to take screenshots of ACT combat parses, upload them, link them in chat, and get them to look at it, all before the party breaks up after the STF ends. :p
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    Seeing as how I can generally out dps the average random pugs in elite STFs even when I'm in my Galaxy-R cruiser, I'm sorely tempted to put together a ship with as many different color beams as possible, but do everything else right.

Alas, the main thing stopping me is that I'm sure people would call me a noob anyway, even though I'd most likely be out dpsing them, and definitely contributing my fair share, and it isn't exactly easy to take screenshots of ACT combat parses, upload them, link them in chat, and get them to look at it, all before the party breaks up after the STF ends. :p

you'd be proving a point, so being called a noob then wouldn't really be that big of a deal, no?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    umbracanoumbracano Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Worst STF in that I can clearly recall, was a PuG (Pick up Group) run when the private channel I was in was a bit lacking in groups. I was in a Khitomer Space Elite, in my Caitian Carrier, I went left probes after the tactical cube. Two of the players in the match flew off to right side after the tactical cube, and past the gate, to float out in the middle of nowhere, apparantly claiming that they were in TeamSpeak during a scheduled fleet meeting, and needed to focus on that, and they didn't want to quit the STF because they wouldn't get credit for doing it. The other two in the group went to the same side as myself, and started on the left generators. When it was apparant that the formerly mentioned two were practically afk, one of the two on the left side went to guard right side probes, but at that point we lost the optional. The one who stayed on generators started swearing, threatening to report us all, whined about how we 're going to lose, and rage quit. Following this, the guy on right side probes decided to just let them to the portal, and after 6 or 7 more passed through, the two afk guys started complaining that we were TRIBBLE up, and ruining the game for THEM, and costing them not only the optional, but the marks and processors if the game ended prematurely. Shorting after their whining, the game ended in a mission failure. I remember this so vividly because it is the only time that I've been in a failed Khitomer Space. I was personally in a Heal/CC build, so I could hold back probes, and I was relying on my Fighters for dps. I know I wasn't gonna handle probes and generators, so I settled for the loss.
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    BNPs drop rate is determined by a random number generator, it has nothing to do with dps. The only place where dps matters is in fleet actions, that influences what kind of items that will drop, which you can sell for ec. Fleet actions will be the death of tanks and sci roles.

To add to this, it's my understanding that one person always gets 10 extra BNPs (for a total of 11), one person always gets 5 extra BNPs (for a total of 6) and the other 3 always gets 1 total. Who gets what is just a random roll done automatically by the system.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    To add to this, it's my understanding that one person always gets 10 extra BNPs (for a total of 11), one person always gets 5 extra BNPs (for a total of 6) and the other 3 always gets 1 total. Who gets what is just a random roll done automatically by the system.

Always? Uh-Hu.

Just now...

CSN

Pugged in and said, 'Hi' as usual.

Someone says 'Im a veteran, showing my brother how to do it, this is his first STF.'

Throughout the STF, NO HELP AT THE CUBES! :eek:

Yep, that's how to show him.

Whatever you do, DON'T HELP AT THE CUBES! :mad:

I pulled 39 Omegas though. Yeay. :D
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Always? Uh-Hu.

Just now...

CSN

Pugged in and said, 'Hi' as usual.

Someone says 'Im a veteran, showing my brother how to do it, this is his first STF.'

Throughout the STF, NO HELP AT THE CUBES! :eek:

Yep, that's how to show him.

Whatever you do, DON'T HELP AT THE CUBES! :mad:

I pulled 39 Omegas though. Yeay. :D

Who needs help on Cubes in normal difficulty STFs^^
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tried playing Khitomer Vortex (the one with Donatra's Scimitar). In the Sentinel (Sovereign class), and it's going good. Me and someone else are on one side, the rest of the group on teh other. He's taking down teh probes that come through while I slowly wear down the generators. Now, the Sentinel is not built for max power output, but is more a slowly wear them down while supporting the team type ship. Anyhoo, finally get onto Donatra and with her about 40% hull left, server becomes unresponsive and boots me.

This was after a really great pug in the Defend the Kang mission. So a little hyped still, load back into game and do the starbase 824 one. Works well, so I go back to Vortex.

This time, I'm the only one on the right, everyone else has gone left. So I'm slowly trying to take down teh generators by myself, while also trying to keep probes from getting through the time portal. One wave came through as I was coming about near the gateway which trapped me in a tractor beam and started beating the living tar out of me. But, the Sentinel held on and managed to break free. It was a mad dash over to the probes, pummeling them with radiation, hargh'peng and quantum torpedo spreads, tractor beams and spewing warp plasma everywhere. They were within touching distance of the portal but the Sentinel managed to stop them. Back to the generators, and with only one of the little ones left, a whole bunch of probes and spheres come through. The sentinel is getting beaten to a pulp, fleet support is called in, miracle worker, emergency power and reverse power to shields! But it's no good, shields are down! Hull is taking a serious pounding! Engineering teams are deployed, but as I swing around and start blasting a full torpedo spread at the probes, hull drops down to 5%. Then 3%. Just as I am about to explode, Bosip gets his engineering teams to make repairs and hull jumps back up to 20%, but starts dropping quickly again. But I still have 3 spheres after me and the probes are about to get through the time portal.

Then my screen lights up with cannon fire. The other guys had destroyed their side and came rushing to the rescue! They were able to take down all the probes and draw the spheres off me, giving the Sentinel time to make emergency repairs!

Finally with hull at a decent level and shields coming back online, I move back into the fight, pummeling everything I have into that transformer. It explodes and we all turn towards the final one, another wave of probes coming in. As cannon fire sweeps across the screen, my enjoyment and fun through teh roof off this mission, I prep a torpedo spread.....

And the server boots me!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    grylak wrote: »
    And the server boots me!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

i don't think the server likes you very much :D

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2013
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Who needs help on Cubes in normal difficulty STFs^^

Yes, I agree. I just get tired of doing the cubes all by myself AND having to bail out the Kang.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    i don't think the server likes you very much :D

Yea, I get a kick out of these. I see it soooo much. I used to think it was the server too, then I replaced my router.... Nuff said. ;)
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Replace my router? Huh. Guess it's worth a try.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    grylak wrote: »
    Replace my router? Huh. Guess it's worth a try.

I still have issues with my DSL router but most of my disconnects are fixed after replacing the second router. I had an old linksys 54 and replaced it with a netgear. That fixed a lot. But my DSL router is an actiontec. It disconnects two or three times a day. It may be the phone lines too but the phone company has never found a problem with them. I live less than one block from the main exchange and get ridicules fast speeds. I'd love to replace the DSL router but I need one that does static ip's and many don't. I haven't done much research for to find a dal router. I have a server and a block of static ip's. if anyone knows of a DSL router that will work please post the brand.

There's lots of other information about fixing rubber banding, lag, stutter, and disconnects in the forums.

Sorry, typing on an iPad without my glasses. Lol.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Isn't a static IP something granted by your ISP, not your router? You don't really have control over what IPs your ISP assign you.

Generally, I find resetting my router helps my connection. I think it's old and dying. T_T
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Isn't a static IP something granted by your ISP, not your router? You don't really have control over what IPs your ISP assign you.

Generally, I find resetting my router helps my connection. I think it's old and dying. T_T

You can purchace a block of static IP's from your ISP. I think mine are costing me $5 a month for 5. Originally yes, I had a single Static IP. Using a block the router is set up as transparent and the computers handle the work. In this case I have 2 computers under Static (Servers), 2 cameras with Static IP's and the Netgear router with a Static. There are about a dozen computers all total. The gaming computers all go through the netgear and have dynamic IP's.

And yes, reseting the old Linksys would fix the problem for a short time. It was old and dying. I sold it for $2 to some poor dumb sucker. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    There I was.

KSN

I don't do a lot of KSN just because they seem to take too long.

I pug in and say 'HI' as usual.

No responce.

First cube dies quick and easy.

Someone yells 'I'll take the gate.'

So I fly left and start on the gens.

Things are going fine.

I kill a couple probes that spawned from the left.

I continue killing Gens.

I see that a probe has gotten through I though maybe from the right.

I look and see they guy at the gate, Not Moving or Shooting. :eek:

Another probe gets through.

I say, 'I thought you (Name withheld) were watching the the gate.'

He says 'I Am'

I say 'THEN SHOOT THE PROBES!'

He says, 'Oh, I'm supposed to stop those?' :confused:

Nuff Said.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There I was.

KSN

I don't do a lot of KSN just because they seem to take too long.

I pug in and say 'HI' as usual.

No responce.

First cube dies quick and easy.

Someone yells 'I'll take the gate.'

So I fly left and start on the gens.

Things are going fine.

I kill a couple probes that spawned from the left.

I continue killing Gens.

I see that a probe has gotten through I though maybe from the right.

I look and see they guy at the gate, Not Moving or Shooting. :eek:

Another probe gets through.

He says 'I Am'

Nuff Said.

...he reads chat but not the obvious MISSION FAILURE CONDITION... that's just sad.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

He says 'I Am'

Nuff Said.

*in his best Hermione Granger impression* 'What...an...idiot.'

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited March 2013
    *in his best Hermione Granger impression* 'What...an...idiot.'

LOL, haha wow. Someone obviously takes things too literal.