Options

Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    And no, no animal species!
    Cryptic was already pushing the limits with Ferasans, who don't exist in trek lore period.
    You can't get away with that more then once.

ehh, yes they do; they just exist under a different name, which cryptic didn't get permission from CBS to use

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kzinti
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Very nice Cryptic and PWE. This will keep the game going for a while. As for the people that don't understand why it took 3 years for the KDF to be finished, well money is your answer. It is what the world revolves around. PWE and Cryptic together is what enabled a increase in profit and the outcome was not just finishing the KDF but also a whole new faction(plus tholian Rep). Frankly I dont see a problem here.

Well Done and Thanks
  • Options
    captmatt2captmatt2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so is it going to be available to all?
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Alas my kdf and Fed alts, i hardly knew ye, off to the slave mines to gather resources for their new ROMULAN masters.:D
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so kdf move from priority 2 to priority 3, there is a new tholian rep grind, likely a dil grind to counter the tholian defence passive bonuses, and the kdf can 'rescue the azura' and whatnot grinding out feddie missions 1-20.
    even as dire as it sounds, i will believe it when i see it.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    purewitz85 wrote: »
    Is this a free expansion for both Lifers, Gold, and Silver? Or will Silver have to pay extra for it?

Branflakes stated its free but there will be c-store items as well... more will come on that in the future with the dev blog posts. No one knows yet whether there will be playable species you can unlock or if you will need to buy more character slots if you want all three factions but to be a romulan or klingon from level 1 would be free.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    galahax01galahax01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That is the best news ive heard in a long time. Looks like i am coming back to STO!
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont understand.
    When you create a romulan, do you need to create a romulan fleet and start the starbase all over again?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    I dont understand.
    When you create a romulan, do you need to create a romulan fleet and start the starbase all over again?

i dont see how it could happen any other way
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont understand.

That is the general idea yeah. According to their expansion site (if it turns out to be accurate), both new and old players can start a Romulan or Klingon, and go through the same process that the FEDs have enjoyed for the past 3 years.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    milkmanmhocmilkmanmhoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I look at they way that is worded and wonder if that actually means you can start a romulan character and they can play from lvl 1 to 50 in 3 different factions? Which i would actually like so i can make a new romulan play their new content, but bring them into my fleet when they hit lvl 50.

Which leads me to my next question... info on Romulan fleet bases? Not that i have enough time or resources to build ANOTHER starbase.
  • Options
    shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont understand.

When you start a KDF you have to do a KDF Fleet. So, yes a Romy Fleet Starbase is most likely.
  • Options
    wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am so frakking ready for this! I've been waiting to be a Romulan since Perpetual first announced they were releasing a game called Star Trek Online.

Jolan Tru, Rhiann
    :eek:
    THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
    Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
    Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont understand.

Yeap. That would be my guess.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i think Reman and Hirogen will be a zen-store unlock which i dont mind as ill do wot i did with KDF 1st toon will be Romulin then if im realy happy with it ill unlock one of them if not well ive not wasted any thing dilith or cash
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    alphastrikealphastrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well its about time, how ever i do agree the KDF needs to be finished!
  • Options
    daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cannot wait, sooooo exited!!
  • Options
    magnuscentarimagnuscentari Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can we please get the option to party with people on other factions for more content then STFs and Queues?

doing tholian missions are fun, but i have a lot of other friends i want to play with without needing to roll another character and starting all over.

now we have a 3rd faction coming that will segment us further in the end.

i hope it is not asking too much, but it would make life so much easier, especially when we are 4 and trying to queue as 2 fed and 2 kdf. need to all join queue at the same time and pray we make it in the same instance. if we were all in a group together, we could team join queues as well as do the daily missions for fleet marks and romulan marks.
  • Options
    riccochet78riccochet78 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It looks to me like you just sorta re-organized a bunch of assets that are already in the game... the only "improvement" seems to be a UI with a color palette... which i gotta admit is a bit disappointing seeing as how the graphic engine you use in every single game you make is really starting to show its age... it was showing its age 3 years ago.
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    KDF levels 1-50 finally is great. The UI looks nice good job there.
    Tholian rep and new captains trait system will be very interesting too.

Oh and the romulan faction and story arc should be fun too :)
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    coresystemcoresystem Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Been grinding Dil for weeks in anticipation, glad I saved a couple of character slots. This is gonna be epic :)
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll judge Cryptic and PWE on what they deliver and at the moment they've delivered an announcement....after a lengthy countdown. So okay it sounds promising and I'll take interest at what information comes out between now and then and make a judgement on the holodeck patchnotes/actual gameplay which to be fair hasn't exactly been the same.

Initial thoughts;

+ New start with new content for new faction and new ships.
    + New content for KDF 1-20
    + Updates that will work on fed/kdf toons such as traits.

....Tholian reputation - I hope for the sake of STO we don't get on the gravy train where we have everything including epohh and tribble reputations, each weapon type, energy type and everything including the kitchen sink system.

...Romulan starbase? Players have been given 2 massive projects; FED and KDF. By May a growing number of dedicated grinding fleets will be finally hitting T5 on FED and probably less KDF. Finally we can look to new content and challenge, reap the rewards of the hard work we've put in....oh wait another massive project that we have to start from scratch.

I just hope Cryptic learns from what they've done thus far and make things better this time around. We're at least now aware of the undertaking of grinding a base and prepare in advance and make larger fleets but I'm still a bit unsure what to expect. It could well drive people to think "not this s**t again" and just give up, they've done it once maybe twice but not thrice!

We shall see but I'll not judge Cryptic until they've delivered whether that be good or bad.
  • Options
    ramos40kramos40k Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "first expansion"
    Do we have to pay for this???
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    i am wondering how this will change the mechanics of pvp. FvKvR? free-for-all? will feddies and rommies both spawn in the kdf spawn in kerrat?
  • Options
    kineticimpulserkineticimpulser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    [ObviousTroll]

So ... this is all we get after you worked guys worked six-day weeks for months? With twice as many people?

You ONLY doubled the story content of the game? That's it?

[/ObviousTroll]

Good jorb, youse guys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cmon Barbie, Lets go Party...
  • Options
    nwlnwl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This will be awesome, looking forward to it thanks STO :)
  • Options
    rebelbumscum1701rebelbumscum1701 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Love You Sto!!!
  • Options
    melkelzedekmelkelzedek Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have mixed feelings. If the Romulan Republic is evenly matched to kdf and fed specs good. If I am forced to make a new character when I have just got to 13015 accolades points on my main... then it will suck beans. Just want to continue with my main and get new content and I will be happy. Third faction may be interesting, will see how the pvp wait time goes after this patch.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The reason why I ask comes down to this: right now certain kdf only or kdf vs fed queue's at long.
    So romulan queue's should be longer.
    Is there going to be fed vs kdf vs rom pvp?
    Rom vs kdf vs fed territory control?
    Are they going to fix old fe's to put a romulan spin on it?

If romulans aren't going to be a sub faction but a real full faction, I am shocked.

All new doff missions?

All new ships?

New romulan version of earth/qunos?

Alot or work for something with 0% playerbase.

3 years in. Need more info:
    Should I start posting again after all this time?