Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ramos40k wrote: »
    "first expansion"
    Do we have to pay for this???

No the game is F2P :)

Customize and rearrange your existing traits. Unlock new advanced traits and abilities, further specializing your captain and crew.

FINALLY.

/retraiting bridge officers too?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voidvectorvoidvector Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    looks promissing

cant wait to see whats all about

oh,and thx,nice birthday present :)
    m89m7J7.png

join date is Feb 2010

edited March 2013
    Who do you think the enemy ships belong to? Iconians maybe.
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/sto/redesign2012/legacyofromulus/large/s5.jpg

But we all get 3 factions, so we should be happy.

Plus there was a poll. There the romulans got more interest then the KDF.... so there is the future playerbase.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Very happy that players will be able to start out with the option of 3 factions. However, since the Romulans are getting "...new story-driven missions written exclusively from the Romulan Republic's point of view..." will the KDF receive the same treatment? No more copy & pasted fluffy Fed dialogue with our missions? One can only hope.

Looking forward to May! :)
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so no finishing the kdf faction first ???

The new site implies BOTH KDF and Romulan factions will have full leveling content from 1-50. Remains to be seen, if true.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Insert George Takei voice.... "Oh my!"

WOW!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Just signed in... and I am totally speechless!

I couldn't believe the home page was awesome, and the news... wow, so happy I just bought a couple of extra character slots. Was going to play both new characters as KDF, created one and now I'm going to hold the second for a Romulan.

Truly amazing an great news!
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if the KDF content that is being added is the "retelling of the early missions from the Klingon perspective" or however they put it. The level 1-20 fits! So much new content! It's going to be GREAT!!

I can only imagine how much the devs wanted to tell off the trolls and say "Well guess what?? We've been working tirelessly to build a faction from the ground up, 1-50 aaand flesh out the first 20 levels of an existing faction!!! I hope you like it!!!" lol
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • murcielago1989murcielago1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The only thing I want to know is will we be able to paint birds on our ships?
    I want a screaming chicken on the bottom of my bird of prey.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ramos40k wrote: »
    "first expansion"
    Do we have to pay for this???

Branflakes says no in the beginning of this thread. The playable factions will be free and the expansion is free just like everything else in game. There will be some added c-store content but it wont be announced till later. I suppose if you don't have any character slots you will need to acquire them.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
    edited March 2013
    voidvector wrote: »
    looks promissing

cant wait to see whats all about

oh,and thx,nice birthday present :)

Happy Birthday!
    No ... we will see how many hours of Romulan Content we get

and if they only changed the text of some missions and nothing more to get some level 1-50 Content for Klingons and Romulans

As long as I can get a D'deridex I'd happily scan plants to get from lvl 1 to 50.
    edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    0% Playerbase? I would happily even change playable romulans for non playable kdf.

But we all get 3 factions, so we should be happy.

Plus there was a poll. There the romulans got more interest then the KDF.... so there is the future playerbase.

Uh...since only a small percentage of players actually use the forums, let alone placed a vote, your opinion is void. Lots of things will change now that the beginner will have 3 factions to choose from at start.
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Not impressed really..

This is the reason why i stopped coming to the forums.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so no finishing the kdf faction first ???

Please re-read (or read for the first time) the main page of this expansion: 1-50 for ALL Factions.
    chalpen wrote: »
    The reason why I ask comes down to this: right now certain kdf only or kdf vs fed queue's at long.
    So romulan queue's should be longer.
    Is there going to be fed vs kdf vs rom pvp?
    Rom vs kdf vs fed territory control?
    Are they going to fix old fe's to put a romulan spin on it?

If romulans aren't going to be a sub faction but a real full faction, I am shocked.

All new doff missions?

All new ships?

New romulan version of earth/qunos?

Alot or work for something with 0% playerbase.

3 years in. Need more info:

You might not listen to or read many interviews but it's already been said before that Queues are going to be factionless starting with this expansion or even before.

This means no more FedvFed or FedvKDF Queues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • levrylevry Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Awesome, been waiting for this one
  • jonpark020979jonpark020979 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As i told people in another forum, this has been planed since year 1. it was suppose to be the 3 year anninvery but with them making the next star trek movie thye wanted it to come out close to its theater release.

I love it when i am right oh yeah
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Uh...since only a small percentage of players actually use the forums, let alone placed a vote, your opinion is void. Lots of things will change now that the beginner will have 3 factions to choose from at start.

Your opinion is more valid then my one because you say so. Lets not go there.

So yes, there is a playerbase for the romulans. Why are you butthurt over it?

The Romulans are not replacing the KDF (Though that would be a fare trade if you ask me) so why all the rage?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I am rather impressed and there has really been a lot of background preparation without any leaking through what it was gunna be ... and now this ... KDF going full faction and RSE as well ... this is a hammer, wow. And the new UI looks cute. Now all we have to wait for is the Cardashian / Dominion / Vorta faction. :)

And yeah, I also think some of this has been planned since Day 1 ... butt purrhaps it would have been smart to let all the Klingunners know that they would get the full faction by the third year of service. :D
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacyofromulus

Go to the bottom of the page. It seems like the new enemy may be an insectoid!
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Never happen (Card/Dominion)...

That dream died when the ships were made Lockbox ships.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What i would like to know is what are the life time rewards for the romulan faction Give me a scimitar as my 1000 day ship? free d'deridex as my option for my free VA ship token
    edited March 2013
    What do you all think of the new character creation screen: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/sto/redesign2012/legacyofromulus/large/s1.jpg
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Never happen (Card/Dominion)...

That dream died when the ships were made Lockbox ships.

They could still make an add-on for playable Vorta, Cardashians and Changelings (which would have the ability to change their custumes with a cool-looking shapeshifting carryover. :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like the new character creator, but I also like the old one so... I dont mind.
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What do you all think of the new character creation screen: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/sto/redesign2012/legacyofromulus/large/s1.jpg

It's awesome.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wooowww the Romulan Faction is real, great work cryptic! :cool:

Now it's time to create a fuc...n' italian romulan fleet :D
    edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Your opinion is more valid then my one because you say so. Lets not go there.

So yes, there is a playerbase for the romulans. Why are you butthurt over it?

Aww...seems to me that you're the one that got his wittle feewings hurt. Better go clean the sand out of your *** and have a look at forum stats vs. playerbase. Oh, and it's "more valid *than*..." Pfft!