What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My Fed won't see the light of day for sooooo long...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    WTH is Tribble?

Tribble's the STO public test server. Presumably, we'll see the Legacy there before it gets pushed to Holodeck (which is the Live server).
  • Options
    trintrektrontrintrektron Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh dear god you can't really be that naive can you?

'completed the KDF' ? No. They just lowered the starting level 1, put some half TRIBBLE effort made tutorial and changed nothing of its end game content, 2-year long critical gameplay bugs plaguing KDF ships were not addressed and added no new KDF unique ships.

Not really. Rank 1 to 50 is done in fed toons inside a day or two. End game content is where the real beef is at. News for you: No end game change or fixes for KDF.

This expansion only shoves KDF from being #2 in the list of priorities to #3. And we know how abandoned KDF was in the past 2+ years ...now it will be completely ignored as all resources will be focused on monetizing the romulan faction.

Dont get me wrong, I like the addition of romulan faction and look forward to flying their ships. I do not like however the fact that they added it before they gave the KDF some long deserved attention. Now it will never happen.

Psst! they want us to be angry! Angry Klinks are happy klinks, lol
    I thought I took the Blue Pill.......:(
  • Options
    purewitz85purewitz85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is this a free expansion for both Lifers, Gold, and Silver? Or will Silver have to pay extra for it?
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, this announcement has me itching to sign up for Tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    havam wrote: »
    yup sounds like it.

To all the nay sayers: Your presence is not wanted. Do you understand my meaning, captain? We... are back.

*continuous happy dance while polishing credit card*

*Joins the happy dance while Circling the calendar date*
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    Cool we'll get to play as Romulans-

Wait a sec...Be able to play as a Klingon, Federation, or Romulan at level 1? Does this mean that the KDF Empire will finally get fully fleshed out from levels 1-20?

yes, so if you want a new KDF toon and do not want to rescue USS Azura, create one now, lol... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    More Info pls :) Fleet ships?, Rom C store ship? Doff Packs? 1000 day Vet ship? Hell WHEN IS THE NEXT ASK CYPTIC???? I have about 100 questions that need answers! :D
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    purewitz85 wrote: »
    Is this a free expansion for both Lifers, Gold, and Silver? Or will Silver have to pay extra for it?

It is Free.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like to know more about this Trait customization
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First, this looks really cool and I have no doubt I will create a Romulan character. But my optimism is tempered by past experiences with the KDF, which were technically playable from 1-50 at the start. I really want to believe that this means that the Romulans and the KDF will be on par with the Federation. I look forward to getting more details.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm thinking they might just be listening to us about the imbalance issues. I love the new traits thing, every game should have post max level enhancement. Rift was the best I've seen anywhere love that you can do a few things with Traits now post RA.

I like the ship looks. Very nice.

I like that you are redoing the tooltips and the ui, it's been very much needed for a long time.

The only thing missing from the data is, what's the cost.
  • Options
    mordaenmordaen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    purewitz85 wrote: »

It's free for everyone.

Very impressed, and looking forward to it! Romulans!
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    great lots of new stuff to look forward too cant wait, i do wonder wot there adding to zen store for rommys tho.

but im still not paying cash untill there bring out new kdf ships in zen store i would like a kdf version of vesta for my sci or a kumari version for my tac or even better both. ill pay cash for them and get them with in 24 hours of them coming out like i did vesta pack ace ship lots of fun.
    please devs new ships.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    rfzanderrfzander Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lowestlvl wrote: »
    TRIBBLE flying a warbird you'd rather be flying a scimitar and they better have it

Can you say Zen store
  • Options
    dicecasdendicecasden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Me Want! :D
  • Options
    cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    Tribble is the testing server people can go on - try out the new contenet when it comes up and get rewards for the main server for doing so

Thanks for the info :D
    What the Romulans get from zen store? I am betting on new races, refit ships, and a Scimitar 3-ship pack like the Bortas, Vesta, Odyssey or Kumari.

A tactical, engineering, science scimitar versions each with an universal console that forms a 3 part set. I would even venture taht the tactical would have a thalaron cannon.

And.... I would be tempted to buy that.

Anyway...now here is to hoping that the Romulan Republic is on Mol'Rihan, and they get access to Omega reputation too.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    mertyolmertyol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    it is FREE FOR ALL. since its a FREE TO PLAY game. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Biggest question I'd have, due to the nature of how the Klingons were added before, will we be getting a free character slot for this release?
  • Options
    adzcriz1adzcriz1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bran,
    After clicking prepare yourself now button, says sommet about a free torpedo launcher when i log in, whats all that about? (please tell me your giving the hyperplasma away rofl)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To-tally Awe-some!

I will -finally- take the plunge and level a Gorn from level 1 and I will definitely have at least one Romulan-faction character.

It might be a little early to say "Good work, Cryptic," but it's not too early to say "Thank you!"

Christmas in May!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I plan on getting some char slots, and get a romulan side character of all 3 classes each.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    robgomm2012robgomm2012 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow this is great. Personally I have always wanted to just play myself as a fed officer, but now i think i'm inspired to become a romulan to try and help my race recover from near extinction.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Biggest question I'd have, due to the nature of how the Klingons were added before, will we be getting a free character slot for this release?

Now there's an excellent question.

I'd imagine that Gold and Lifers will get at least one. Silver might still have to pay for the slot. Could add a character slot as a Veteran reward, too.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    raseacsuilujraseacsuiluj Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    :D:D Yay! :D:D

PS: Silly forums... Apparently, 72 'big grin' smileys is too many...
    Way to drown my excitement... ><
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hopefully ppl took a look at what ships they have out for screenies on the romulan page we get the TOS Romulan BOP now we can do some awesome recreations with that on top of have nostalga i applaud Cryptic and the decision can't wait for may im going to need to get more character slots.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • Options
    atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Amazing news, for both old and new players.

I can't wait to jump into a new faction.

Looks like the Klingons might be getting their starter content, too!
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    any chance we can get a delete all button for the mail from exhcnage my game crashes when i open my mail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]