test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My credit card is already crying at the thought of a new faction and what it will bring.

-extra character slots
    -more bank slots
    -more account bank slots
    -more bridge officer slots
    -more ship slots
    -new outfits
    -new weapons and equipment
    -new ships
    -probably a respec or two

I need to do more overtime lol
    ***Sausages for All***
    Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
    KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
    Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also wondering what you can get with Tholian Reputation. Guesses, anyone?
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • storobertpraetorstorobertpraetor Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is going to be great for STO. I want to hug a dev.
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacyofromulus

Go to the bottom of the page. It seems like the new enemy may be an insectoid!

The pic url reads re-design 2012: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/sto/redesign2012/legacyofromulus/large/s0.jpg

Might be a clue.

Also I figured that the new enemy might be the Iconians because of the
    ending of the Fed campaign.

Although the Iconian vessel in the end had more purple than this pic: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/sto/redesign2012/legacyofromulus/large/s5.jpg
    M
    G

Looks like I was wrong about no Romulan faction. Sometimes being wrong is nice. :)

I am so ready for this.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited March 2013
    This is going to be great for STO. I want to hug a dev.

lol. I'm probably gonna forget all the lag that I was having last week and forget that they're not adding anything to the foundry, which I don't like but I'd rather have a Romulan Faction. Speaking of that, that means that the Romulans will get the foundry too!
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It all sounds and looks really nice, wonderful artwork.

BUT: Will my MainFedChar get something to do?
    I already played KDF to see the storyline, but after that I
    went back to my starfleet captain. I will have a look at the new faction,
    play the storyline and then leave again.

Wallet still closed, sorry!
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Where does the 'Prepare Yourself Now" button go, stupid link does not seem to work for me. :mad:
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also wondering what you can get with Tholian Reputation. Guesses, anyone?

Ground based web weapon/abilities is the first thing that comes to mind.
    Where does the 'Prepare Yourself Now" button go, stupid link does not seem to work for me. :mad:

It's for new players. The link goes to the register page.
    Aww...seems to me that you're the one that got his wittle feewings hurt. Better go clean the sand out of your *** and have a look at forum stats vs. playerbase. Oh, and it's "more valid *than*..." Pfft!

All you can do is call me names?

What an immature, useless opinion. But I am better and I do not get down to your level.

I hope that your future posts will be something more meaningful.

*Romulan trollface*
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i always held hope for a Romulan Faction and it's nice to have all my dreams come true! Jo'lan tru!
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • onikirionikiri Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am excited to see an influx of different vessels and content. But I doubt I will partake unless certain things are done to alleviate the transition to another faction.

Namely I don't want to deal with the Reputation grind. Find a good serious Fleet, while I wouldn't be happy about doing all that stuff again, could likely get back to where my current one is fairly quickly. But doing the Rep grinds AND going for a new set of gear for let's say a Warbird...

6 Romulan Plasma Beam Arrays, 1 Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo Launcher, 1 Experimental Romulan Beam Array, MKXII Shield, Engine, Deflector Set, Zero Point Console, Assimilated Console = ~348000 Dilithium give or take a few thousand if my recollection of the costs is right or 44 Refine sessions or at current dil costs about 3500 Zen. Not to mention another 1680 or 4680 Romulan Marks and 500 or 3500 Omega Marks (not including the ones to level the Reputation). And this isn't including the new Tholian Killier stuff...

Not sayin I don't want to pay the item costs, I think they could be cheaper but it isn't the end of the world. I am saying I don't want to wait 2 months to get back to that same level of firepower. And I'd be willing to part with cash to alleviate that.
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if there's gonna be a Scimitar. Probably later on as the new faction develops.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's for new players. The link goes to the register page.

The register page says there's a free Torpedo Launcher... I'd like to know how to claim that. :)
    edited March 2013
    I knew that they wouldn't bring in Denise Crosby for one little mission that would only be around for a week. It only made sense if she was going to play a much larger role and I ascertained weeks ago that this would be it!

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/sto/redesign2012/legacyofromulus/large/s2.jpg
  • chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    All you can do is call me names?

What an immature, useless opinion. But I am better and I do not get down to your level.

I hope that your future posts will be something more meaningful.

*Romulan trollface*

Wow, you're not very bright are you? You troll my post and then twist it so that I somehow called you "names"? I provided you with a fact that actually can be verified and you couldn't handle that notion. At this point I have to wonder what color the sun is on the planet you're living on because it's not the same as the rest of us. Speaking of meaningful posts, still waiting for your first one...
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder what Sela's role will be in the story.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm really insterested in how this will impact PvP. Will we have 3 sides in PvP instead of two? I sure hope so as it will make odd number matches more fun with the free-for-all type of play with 3 players and a form of deathmatch with no sides at all. What about other races besides Romulan and Reman? Hirogen definitely should be an option amoung many others.
  • asches1asches1 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    first of all: since when is KDF waiting for those first lvls? so, i'm not impressed with them realeasing it now, when it should have been released a long time ago. They don't really care about the KDF side till now. We will see what've they done.

second: new romulan faction. very cool! nice effort in keeping the game alive.

third: how many character slots will there be as a basis? without a Zen-Buy-Character-Slot i mean.

we will see how it works out...
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
    edited March 2013
    Anyone else kinda digging the Romulan chick on the page??? Can't be just me...
    She's my new avatar :cool:
    Please re-read (or read for the first time) the main page of this expansion: 1-50 for ALL Factions.

You might not listen to or read many interviews but it's already been said before that Queues are going to be factionless starting with this expansion or even before.

This means no more FedvFed or FedvKDF Queues.

Awesome thanks for the info and clarification was wondering that myself :-)

although i'm not looking forward to dredging thru the first 20 levels when i make a new nadorc toon :-(
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Awesome thanks for the info and clarification was wondering that myself :-)

although i'm not looking forward to dredging thru the first 20 levels when i make a new nadorc toon :-(
    the "older" Vulcan Chick is hotter :D
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ehh, yes they do; they just exist under a different name, which cryptic didn't get permission from CBS to use

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kzinti

Ah I was looking for someone to make a comment about being against more animal species hehe.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • kennardekennarde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Think they'll "celebrate" the release by giving us a few free char slots so some of us can actually play the new faction?

Naaaah....
  • wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    I'm really insterested in how this will impact PvP. Will we have 3 sides in PvP instead of two? I sure hope so as it will make odd number matches more fun with the free-for-all type of play with 3 players and a form of deathmatch with no sides at all.

PvP? In STO? What PvP?
    Bastet
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not gona play on 21st of may!! Remeber 3year aniversity fiasco?

But i do like new playable race and tholian reputation sistem:)
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm excited but also very worry. I worry that this so called "Romulan faction" is romulan only in name. The "strory box" suggests that we are going to play as unificationists and not members of the Romulan Star Empire. Why does cryptic try to turn federation into warriors and Romulans into peace-loving pockemon collectors?
    If that is the case I will just have to ignore all the official storyline and create backstory for my characters to make them proud members of the Romulan Star Empire.
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wtf no romulan star empire we will get a romulan republic ? :eek: no matter I will definetly create just one tac char and play the Scimitar and fire while in battle cloak on the untrustworthy and arrogant feds hahaha :D