What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem'Hadar carrier ship requirment for Jem'Hadar attack ship fighter

Comments

• scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    roelandm wrote: »
    u are stupid if u dont understand.

A bit harsh calling me stupid because I am stating my opinion. People are crying that they bought the ship specifically for the use of the Jem Bug pets. It has been stated in the dev blog and in game description that the attack ship was REQUIRED to buy the pets. They are stupid for not reading provided material.

next time they release half a ship, the other half for sale for 300 million. dont u understand that this starts a trend...

this guy cant see the bigger picture....

also, WHY ONLY THIS SHIP? MAKE THE KUMARI HAVE ONLY 1 TAC SLOT TILL BUYIN 300 MILL ITEM

Blame the players for the price of the attack ship on the exchange. Cryptic is not responsible for player greed. It was intended as a perk for those that owns the Bug to sell the dreadnought. I just don't get y'all. I have seen complaining for a lack of exclusivity but, when they introduce one, it's all of the sudden not fair. None of what they are selling is needed for the game. If you feel you have to have it, that is a flaw in your own inhibition.
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I knew that the devs said it wasn't going to be available unless we have the attack ship. That didn't make me any less upset when that decision went live, Lol. People point out that it would be like having to buy another ship from the C-store to get abilities for a current ship you have already bought. They forget to mention that the price of that illusive C-store ship is like 350 dollars :P.

Last I checked the Jem'hadar attack ship is selling for 499,000,000 energy credits on the exchange. It's bonkers! I only have around 200m EC and I still wouldn't buy a ship for that much (barring I couldn't resell it ;)) just to use the hanger pet.

As I stated before, I also wouldn't give the Jem'hadar attack ship to my engineer captain because she is a carrier captain. I wouldn't give the Jem'hadar ship to my tactical captain because then I wouldn't be able to get the attack ship hanger pets on my engineer. I'm just darned if I do darned if I don't.

If the devs sold the Jem'hadar attack ship hanger pet on the Z-store I would probably have bought them. If they sold them for like 50 or 100 thousand dilithium, I probably would buy them. But, attaching them to thee most expensive, sought after, rarest ship in the game is gut wrenching. Unfortunately people mistake the want of the JHAS hanger for laziness or greed. I'm willing to pay, lord know it. It's just the asking price is way too high.

I own the elite scorpions, so getting the Jem'hadar attack ship hangers isn't an upgrade dps wise. Sometimes you want the theme of the ship you are flying. It's why I bought polaron weapons for my dreadnought (even though I have better weapons), it's why I make sure to have disruptors on my Klingon ships, When I fly my dreadnought I use my captains costume that makes her look like a Vorta, and now for my Andorian ship I have my tactical captain dressed like an Andorian :D. If the Jem'hadar fighters did reasonable damage, then that would fit the theme of the ship. It's sad that even the very rare Jem'hadar fighters can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Long story short:
    I want the Jem'hadar attack ship hanger pet.

I don't want the Jem'hadar attack ship. It's not a ship that has ever interested me. It would be an incredible waste if I bought it as I would never use it.

I am willing to pay a reasonable price for the Jem'hadar attack ship hanger pet :).
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    A bit harsh calling me stupid because I am stating my opinion. People are crying that they bought the ship specifically for the use of the Jem Bug pets. It has been stated in the dev blog and in game description that the attack ship was REQUIRED to buy the pets. They are stupid for not reading provided material.

Blame the players for the price of the attack ship on the exchange. Cryptic is not responsible for player greed. It was intended as a perk for those that owns the Bug to sell the dreadnought. I just don't get y'all. I have seen complaining for a lack of exclusivity but, when they introduce one, it's all of the sudden not fair. None of what they are selling is needed for the game. If you feel you have to have it, that is a flaw in your own inhibition.

you don't get us, because you are jumping in at the TRIBBLE end and not reading what has been stated before, you have your own off based assumption because of what you read in the last 3 or 5 pages.

its far more complicated than you wanna go back to observe.
  • roelandmroelandm Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2013

the reason ppl are so mad, is cause its ****ing USELESS to get the bug for a SCI or ENG captain ... seemed too obvious to need to explain that though...
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Inhibition has absolutely nothing to do with this.

It's a case of an item that was clearly made to work with the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier being gated behind the need to own a completely different playing style ship with the hopes that doing so will bring Cryptic more revenue.

Let's also add in the fact that this move kind of forces the player to choose which of their Characters they will need to unlock both vessels and using one vessel over the other would almost guarantee that you'd need to respec each time if you wanted to maximize your effectiveness with each vessel.

IMO this is a shameless money grab that clearly was not thought though by Cryptic.

You can state that you don't see a problem with this and that's your right to do so but I see this has an outrage and blatant slap in the face to Carrier Enthusiasts or players that expect value for their monetary investment.

I own the Dread but I refuse to unpack it for the simple reason that Cryptic is trying to dictate to me what Character I'm going to use it on and expect me to be cool with having to jump through hoops just to get options that can only be used with the Carrier in hopes that I'll help them line their pockets.

The Hanger Attack ships are nothing short of complete junk ATM and I'd stick with my Ultra Rare Scorpion Fighters over the way the Attack Ships currently perform but the fact remains that the Hanger Bugs belong with the Dreadnought Carrier and I should not have to go out and buy or play the luck game to get a ship that I'd never use just to unlock options that can only be used with something that already own.

It's pretty obvious at least to me why no Dev. has commented on this topic and that's because there's no way to possibly justify what they've done with this situation.

If there is a logical reason that Cryptic chose to take this action with the Dreadnought Carrier then I'm begging them to let us all hear it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • radiar3radiar3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Half a ship? And then call someone else stupid?

Dude you are not forced to use JHAS, u can use any other pet that any other carrier can use and u can use jem fighters.

Are all other carriers half ships? Don't think so.

Again no one forces u to use the JHAS pet, u can use any other pet just like the other carriers. If you would have read before buying u would have known this. The JHAS pet is a extra feature if u own the ship yourself. It has nothing to do with the carrier.

Half a ship..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    radiar3 wrote: »

Dude you are not forced to use JHAS, u can use any other pet that any other carrier can use and u can use jem fighters.

Again no one forces u to use the JHAS pet, u can use any other pet just like the other carriers. If you would have read before buying u would have known this. The JHAS pet is a extra feature if u own the ship yourself. It has nothing to do with the carrier.

Half a ship..

Your statment is only half true and incomplete.

You can use any Fighter Class Hanger craft from the other Carriers provided that you own the Carriers that they were made for except the Recluse nothing else can use its fighters.

You can not use The BOP or Frigate (KDF) Stalker Fighters (Fed) because if you could most of us would not be so upset about not being able to use the Hanger Attack Ships because we could just use the ABOP.

The Jem Fighters stink on ice and the Hanger Attack ships are not much better but at the very least they can take a punch.

Right now Dread owners that do not own the Attack ship have no options for more durable Hanger support and are stuck with thin skined fighters.

For Carrier users it can feel like only having half a ship :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm pretty sure you can equip the various qualities of peregrines, danubes, delta flyers, and scorpions, how is that "half a ship?"
    edited February 2013
    I'm pretty sure you can equip the various qualities of peregrines, danubes, delta flyers, and scorpions, how is that "half a ship?"

I guess you did not read where I stated the fact that unless you own the Attack Ship you will never have any kind of Frigate sized Hanger Support to use with the Dreadnought Carrier, you'll only be able to use Fighters and yes I know its the same deal with the Recluse but we'll just have to wait till Cryptic figures out a way to gate whatever Frigate they create for it :rolleyes:

I know that the Feds have been dealing with the above issue more so than the KDF and I think its unfair to them has well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Frigate-size? So the whole complaint is that you don't like how the ships you launch look?
    edited February 2013
    radiar3 wrote: »

Half a ship..

are you a cryptic emploee? its the only way i can clarify to myself that you would actually type this garbage....
    edited February 2013
    Frigate-size? So the whole complaint is that you don't like how the ships you launch look?

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion but.... no

The Frigate sized Hanger Craft can take more hits than the much smaller fighters.

Almost all KDF Carriers have a Frigate sized Hanger Option that we can use to help draw some argo away from our Carriers and we all know that if your Carrier takes less hits it can survive much longer in battle.

The Feds don't really have any kind of Hanger option that can hold argo for them and the Hanger Attack ship would have been their 1st Frigate sized Hanger Support ever.

The Hanger Attack Ships are the only Frigate Sized hanger option that can be used with the Dreadnought Carrier, no other Frigate Sized Hanger Craft can be used with it and unless you own the Bug ship you'll be stuck using thin skined Fighters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    In elite STFs I've never seen any type of carrier pet - fighter or frigate - live for more than a split second if something targets them, so as far as I'm concerned the difference (other than that the J'H fighters are currently horribly underpowered, but in line for a buff) is cosmetic.
    edited February 2013
    In elite STFs I've never seen any type of carrier pet - fighter or frigate - live for more than a split second if something targets them, so as far as I'm concerned the difference (other than that the J'H fighters are currently horribly underpowered, but in line for a buff) is cosmetic.

Then you must not have ever seen the ABOP, I use them all the time with my Vo'Quv and the 4 of them can handle Elite Cubes (non Tac) on their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Then you must not have ever seen the ABOP, I use them all the time with my Vo'Quv and the 4 of them can handle Elite Cubes (non Tac) on their own.

this information is actually correct. the BoPs are really good for both PvP and PvE
    edited February 2013

Ah, that must be the difference. My KDF only has the normal BoPs, and they seem to explode just as fast as fighters do. Soloing cubes isn't a problem because I can just redeploy as necessary, but the ones I send in aren't coming back.
    edited February 2013
    My Jemmy Dreadnought can easily do some Tac Tank, to me it makes the perfect dreadnought...however with the AJHAS-H pets they can tank longer and do some massive threat pull while I buff up or de-buff my enemy.

I only tested this configuration with a friend of mine who allowed me to take a case of the JHAS itself and bump to tribble and test it out. I gave his JHAS back like a non as*h*le......i really wish I was an as*h*le
    edited February 2013
    My Jemmy Dreadnought can easily do some Tac Tank, to me it makes the perfect dreadnought...however with the AJHAS-H pets they can tank longer and do some massive threat pull while I buff up or de-buff my enemy.

I only tested this configuration with a friend of mine who allowed me to take a case of the JHAS itself and bump to tribble and test it out. I gave his JHAS back like a non as*h*le......i really wish I was an as*h*le

Most of the Carriers (well KDF) can change Hanger loadouts to suite one of two attack oriented play stlyes.

We can load fighters to use fast attack and have disposable easy to replace damage that offers nothing in the sense of being able to hold argo.

We can also load our Frigate type hanger Support and and give up a bit of the swarm damage and in exchange have some Hanger support that can take a few hits and kick out ok damage over time (Feds dont not have an option to play this style)

I use my ABOP in Elite STF (by choice) and in PVP by (Need)

In the case of the Dread unless you have the Bug ship you can only go with one play style when it comes to your Carriers Hangers and that's small Fighters that pop when they catch a Strong head wind.

In PVE a good carrier player can postion their Carrier in such a way that the NPC can barely get shots off on them.

I use my ABOP in Elite STF and use them to take all the hits for me while I fire on a target with no real fear of it unloading on me, I can't do that with fighters because they pop to fast and I end up being targeted more than I'd like by the NPC.

Other players keep chimming in saying that you don't need Frigate Sized Hanger support and I can only assume that they've never used a Carrier before becasue there is a totally different play mechanic that you can use with them that's darn near impossible to use with Fighters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Most of the Carriers (well KDF) can change Hanger loadouts to suite one of two attack oriented play stlyes.

We can load fighters to use fast attack and have disposable easy to replace damage that offers nothing in the sense of being able to hold argo.

We can also load our Frigate type hanger Support and and give up a bit of the swarm damage and in exchange have some Hanger support that can take a few hits and kick out ok damage over time (Feds dont not have an option to play this style)

I use my ABOP in Elite STF (by choice) and in PVP by (Need)

In the case of the Dread unless you have the Bug ship you can only go with one play style when it comes to your Carriers Hangers and that's small Fighters that pop when they catch a Strong head wind.

In PVE a good carrier player can postion their Carrier in such a way that the NPC can barely get shots off on them.

I use my ABOP in Elite STF and use them to take all the hits for me while I fire on a target with no real fear of it unloading on me, I can't do that with fighters because they pop to fast and I end up being targeted more than I'd like by the NPC.

Other players keep chimming in saying that you don't need Frigate Sized Hanger support and I can only assume that they've never used a Carrier before becasue there is a totally different play mechanic that you can use with them that's darn near impossible to use with Fighters.

while I agree those who do not think frigate sized support is necessary, and while the frigates do some decent good, I believe the devs left us with a placeholder update for the jemmy fighters or maybe just the advanced ones.

i just did a test and though it is not in the patch notes I believe they made it so no one would notice, if you put considerable ammount of power into aux and have the jemmy space set (for low weapon power, power boost thing) those jemmy fighters survive long enough that you can keep pumping them out.

although on a time table, it takes a bit longer for anything to kill the AJHAS-Hpet than it takes to kill the fighters, and even with the fighters you can get hit often.
    edited February 2013
    while I agree those who do not think frigate sized support is necessary, and while the frigates do some decent good, I believe the devs left us with a placeholder update for the jemmy fighters or maybe just the advanced ones.

i just did a test and though it is not in the patch notes I believe they made it so no one would notice, if you put considerable ammount of power into aux and have the jemmy space set (for low weapon power, power boost thing) those jemmy fighters survive long enough that you can keep pumping them out.

although on a time table, it takes a bit longer for anything to kill the AJHAS-Hpet than it takes to kill the fighters, and even with the fighters you can get hit often.

dude for pvp havin a frigate option is way more desirable. 1 beam overload and all ur fighters are gone....

and i thought klink were supposed to be pvp faction.... cryptic fails on so many lvls.....

give frigate nao!!!
    edited February 2013
    dude for pvp havin a frigate option is way more desirable. 1 beam overload and all ur fighters are gone....

and i thought klink were supposed to be pvp faction.... cryptic fails on so many lvls.....

give frigate nao!!!

my statment was primarily aimed for PvE, not PvP, in PVP Frigates are damn right sucessful when in advanced forms.
    edited February 2013
    and still nothing
    edited February 2013
    and still nothing

Devs usually stay clear of threadnoughts until there is a good reason, weather it be actualy adressing the issues the threadnoughts are posing, or to state it is WaI.

plus now there is another thread started on this same issue, soon it will be moved into here by either a mod or branflakes.
    edited February 2013
    Devs usually stay clear of threadnoughts until there is a good reason, weather it be actualy adressing the issues the threadnoughts are posing, or to state it is WaI.

plus now there is another thread started on this same issue, soon it will be moved into here by either a mod or branflakes.

The other Thread on this same topic has been around for a couple of days now and has yet to have been moved here.

I'm glad that this issue with the Dread is getting some more exposure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    they should just make it account unlock that way its still rare and people dont get shafted for wanting to use a different toon for a certain ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apostolis78apostolis78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am not here to offer a grand display of indignance and nerd rage. I am here to state an opinion and a simple fact.

I didn't pay money for the Dreadnought.

I painstakingly farmed Dil on 6 characters for a month and a 1/2 to add to the 120 lobi I already had and make it to 800.

I didn't ask about the JHAS pets because I assumed they will be purchaseable with Dil (for the purple ones) and credits for the blue ones like it is the case with the BoPs on the Klink side.

I was shocked and amazed when I realised that I had grinded for so long and spent 800 lobi on it, only to be denied purchase of the JHAS pet on the grounds that I do not own the Bug ship and that there is no way to be obtained, save for the exchange for a HALF A BILLION.

I find it distastefully greedy on Cryptic's/PWE's part to enforce such a requirement on it on the grounds that they may re-introduce the JHAS in the future or any grounds for that matter.

It is an extorionate business practice on top of an already money grabbing 'gambling' model that should not have been implemented in the first place.

I feel they need to change this milking policy soon, because I am not the only one that is displeased by their strategies.

I won't quit, I paid for a lifetime recently and I will be sticking with it. But I don't have to be happy about what they are doing, do I?

My 2 cents.
    edited February 2013
    Well for those who wanna make the best of the dread, I have said this before and will say it again, using the full jemmy space set with dominion weaponry from "boldly they rode" is a great setup, so great it rivals some Fleet Weapons.

you can even lower the weapon power a bit and the jemmy space set will give you a +weapon power for when you lower said weapon power yourself. opens for good shield or aux power settings

in the meantime, it is not as good a carrier as many are lead to believe and as errab said if it were not for the ultra scorpions we would not be in a good carrier.
    edited February 2013
    I went back to my Vo'Quv for a bit and tried out some different strategies, I found it was a better ship than my jemmy dread because of the BoP and how well they held aggro while I was able to mop up a tac cube in ISE.

the jemmy dread needs these damn frigate pets to be unlocked for all!
    edited February 2013
    I went back to my Vo'Quv for a bit and tried out some different strategies, I found it was a better ship than my jemmy dread because of the BoP and how well they held aggro while I was able to mop up a tac cube in ISE.

the jemmy dread needs these damn frigate pets to be unlocked for all!

I too am back with my Vo'Quv after a month or so in the Recluse also because of the ABOP.

I've yet to unpack the Dread still do to the fact that its Frigate is still being foolishly locked away from me by Cryptic.

If ever there was a Carrier that could use the benefit of having Hanger support that can draw some argo off of it its the Dreadnought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • finious2finious2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    umrathama wrote: »
    I discovered after finally getting both the new Jem'Hadar ships that for some reason we are required to also some how also get the Jem'Hadar attack ship to get the new Dill store attack ship fighter.

Am I the only one that has a problem with this? Is this some error?

If it is not a bug or error, then why are we now required to obtain the impossible ship just to be able to acquire these Jem'Hadar attack ship fighters for the new Dread Carrier?

learn to read DEV release notes.

or buy it off the exchange for alot of ec
This discussion has been closed.