test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG: 2 Minute Cooldown on All Abilities (RESOLVED 2/21!)

Comments

• Options
    istvaanshogaatsuistvaanshogaatsu Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It almost feels like this isn't so much a random bug... but rather, that we're triggering some hard-coded protection against command flooding, except doing it through normal gameplay, rather than malicious intent.

This would be a good time to mention that the STO UI is horribly un-responsive to mouse commands. I'm forced to hold down a mouse button for a second over an ability to trigger it in STFs, before the UI registers that I'm pressing said button. Gets one killed more often than anything.
  • Options
    molen#7916 molen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    noticed that it only happens with my fleet ships, like the Fleet Ambassador. Non fleet version ships doesn't seems to be affected with this bug.

Non of my ships this bug happened on were fleet ships so that is not the case.
  • Options
    hawkhirsthawkhirst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well that was interesting, first time I've experiencing it, rather confusing when it happened, but at least I know the dev's are already aware of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Win7 64bit | nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti | 12GB Corsair 1600MHz Tri-Chan DDR3
    Intel i7 920 (Bloomfield) 2.67GHz QCore | Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | Creative SB 5.1 X-Fi
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    riddexxx wrote: »

I was/am using Tactical Incentive, I removed the officer and still have the ability.

You removed yourself from your ship? What?

Tac init is a *CAPTAIN* ability, not a BOFF power.
  • Options
    theshummytheshummy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am having the same issue as everyone else, but the only ability it is affecting is my EPtS I. I don't use keybinds, not normally "button masher," and the only DOffs I'm using affect my torpedo cooldowns. The cooldown issue doesn't happen everytime I use EPtS I, but it does happen enough that I do notice it when it does happen. A couple of my other fleetmates playing Sci toons are getting hit almost constantly, I'm not sure what their setups are, but I am pretty sure that aren't using keybinds either. It has made the game unplayable for them as they can't do anything during the cooldown. They have even reported it chaining on them. As soon as one finishes, it starts over. The occurences are not specific to a mission. The issue happens during FM events, Reputation events, STFs, and story missions. The players are at different ranks, so it is not specific to a level. Add all this up, and it tells me that the issue is not a player character issue.
  • Options
    bioskyline1bioskyline1 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    im guessing that its break time for the crew so they all left there post for tea or something.

id fire trhem out the airlock, but even that was on CD.

had it happen in CSE and AZURE RESCUE. not sure if its related to boarding party and/or subsyem targeting
  • Options
    riddexxxriddexxx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I haven't had any issues today. I noticed yesterday that I had alway hit the Fleet Support II at some point before I got the 2min CD. I have no idea if that was or could cause the problem.
  • Options
    aesculaepiusaesculaepius Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a Tac, Sci, and Engineer, and all of them get hit with this, but only when fighting Borg. I do not have this problem if I'm in ground combat, so it seems to be tied to space abilities. Happened to me four times last night on three different toons. I do not have any fleet ships. I can confirm what someone else posted earlier: the only ability that seems to CD faster than others is launching fighters. For those of us suffering from this, some extra OMs and Dil would be nice, since we've lost optional more than a few times since people have to just sit there for two minutes. Without being able to engage full impulse, they can't even act as bait.
  • Options
    aliasundercover2aliasundercover2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At first I thought the Tal Shiar were hitting me with some new weapon, and wanted to know where I could get one...

I was doing the Acamar Patrol mission and got hit with this twice in a row. Four minutes of running around like an idiot waiting for it to stop, and I still got killed. I can't really play the game if this keeps randomly happening.
  • Options
    mwaldron99mwaldron99 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was in Infected Space and doing my best impression of a big ugly ship giving a beat down to a tac cube.. when.. Poof. 2 min. Oh no, the borg had their way with me then. I still have a bruise there.

I use both Beam overload 2 and Eng team 3, so there has to be a reason, this happened twice in 15 minutes. Luckily our team was on voice so I had to say -- "I got two min cooldown everyone" and they pulled up and worked as a well oiled machine.

I am glad that the devs have this fixed.. I can only hope this isn't due for Thursday, using beams mostly except one kdf/one fed it will be a real pain in my backside. Is that a borg nanoprobe sticking out there?? Drat.
  • Options
    hank900hank900 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Right now I am getting terrible LAG, and I do not know how to fix it. My ISP is ok, the web pages come up quick like always. rebooted everything and it did not do anything. Any suggestions.
    http://www.1279sto.com[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any update on the REAL fix? I want to know when I can get back to the slaving for marks and Dill.
  • Options
    zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    its just random... this time i didn't even touch eng team.....
    4 minutes WTF

wtfrmo.png
  • Options
    haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am not entirely certain what exactly is triggering the bug. The information and hard work from farktoid5000 certainly helped in narrowing things down. I quoted his post again as I don?t think many people have seen it.

And again, my work around was to completely remove (Beam Overload) from my BOFFS. I retrained it to be (Fire at Will). Once I did that, I have had no issues.

I will retrain (Beam Overload) once the bug is fixed, as it is an ability I used heavily for spike damage.
    :)
    With flyingtarg's help, we managed to whittle this bug down to 3 steps.

1. Activate Engineering Team.
    2. Activate Beam Overload.
    3. Fire twice.

No keybinds needed, no complicated macros, no messing about with build orders. 3 steps. Elementary!

So the fix is coming. In the meantime, if you can avoid using engineering team, you shouldn't have this problem anymore. if you have the problem without engi team, please let us know!

*adjusts detective hat* Cheers!
  • Options
    sunmoonrasunmoonra Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have been playing the Omega PVE missions, and I notice that every now and then, all of my ship's powers have a 5minute or 2 minute cool down. During this time, I can fly around while everyone else is shooting and fighting, but I can't do anything. I can't go to full implulse. I can't use any ship batteries. There are no enemies attacks on me. I don't get it. It this a new thing? If this a bug?
  • Options
    mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yes it is a new bug, happens to me quite often as well.
  • Options
    sunmoonrasunmoonra Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lovely. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    gorgothedreadful#6260 gorgothedreadful Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm experiencing the 2 minute cooldown bug. I noticed it for the first time today while doing PvP with fleet mates.

Like some of the others on the bug report thread I have been using multiple types of cooldown reducing doffs (Technician for all boff abilities and Technician for Engineering team) as well as Uras'Kalan, the new officer that arms boarding parties.

I've noticed that it seems to happen to me most often after I use my Boarding Party III and that the Boarding Party III only has its normal cooldown even when everything else is on 2 minutes.
  • Options
    jonnyomega1jonnyomega1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    received this bug twice so far. logged a ticket for it
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    received this bug. I was running beam overload but *not* engineering team.

I immediately pulled out of combat, swapped my eng-guy to my aux2bat eng, slotted a technician, and fired aux2bat- and ALL my ability cooldowns reset, including weapons.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ticket #1,484,830

I was in ISE and then later Fleet Alert and all of a sudden my powers AND weapons all have a 2 minute cooldown. Not helpful Cryptic! :mad:

Edit: Yeah, I know, I should read the forum before posting.:o shaddup!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    if you can avoid using engineering team, you shouldn't have this problem anymore. if you have the problem without engi team, please let us know!

Sure, engineer in big fat cruiser, I don't need my ET or BO. :rolleyes:
    Just tell the Borg to stop shooting me and I'll be fine w/o them.
  • Options
    nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So far there been 5 bugs i've encounter is how many know bugs that yet be fixed 0 i really wish the game devs would stop making ships and star fixing the bugs... i think there has be more ship released...

1. The 2min bug i've seen this tied in with the not being able to place Boffs back on to you ship after running the Enterprise mission and any other mission that wipes out the skill bar so annoying those missions are please fix that ... i feel like have reset bar all time... seems this bug has been here with season 6 that 1st time i saw it was in 7 after patch.

2 the fleet chat bug ... need i say more i would love type talk to my fleet in fleet season 6 still waiting ?!

3 STF some other ques too seen it ship will not turn after death and re spawn before season 6 per-patch 1st time i saw it.

4.Graphic bug with gas bodies in space map shatter glass effect only reason know not me is i have replace the graphics card in computer and others have encounter it also mission was the fed mission "Past Imperfect" ... btw why Spock in yellow shirt and out uniform in the mission.

5. Lag opening mail and foundry. I lag so bad opening mail can't even delete it or pick stuff up any plans removing the notices exchange that stuff sold i know stuff sold or a adding mass deletion button for mail that doesn't have items in the mail.

6. last bug I've notice not major but I'm sure if it a bug or not but why when search the Ah just in general no setting clicked on dose like only show that only 5 posting sell with over price items to middle level price items... than do narrow down search and shows 400 items ... why five showing general search not 400 starting with lowest priced.

don't get me wrong but isn't time these bugs got flushed out ... maybe over patching for another ship... just saying there other issue that not being adressed :confused::confused::confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • Options
    therealmaddmatttherealmaddmatt Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Had a hard time finding others with this bug. In my case, each time it's happened was when I've been up against a Breen Chel Grett in the Deferi dailies, and nowhere else thus far. It's happened 3 times so far, and all you can do is try to run away, since nothing on your ship works...
  • Options
    focslainfocslain Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll double check this later, BUT....

I had the 2 min bug hit me in KASE earlier yesterday, I had ENG team and BO. They were on 2 min CD. Luckly my group killed the final gate before the probe hit the portal or we would have lost the optional.

I run eng team on most of my builds and luckily my two mains (KDF and FED) use BO, so Hopefully if this hits I'll just try to activate the power and see what happens.

As an additional question, will autofire mess up the quick fix?
  • Options
    erroocerrooc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have the 2 Minutes cool down bug as well. But it is longer as it takes a good 30 seconds before the cool down timer even starts!

When is the fix coming? It makes ANY space combat unplayable!
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's getting so annoying:/

Happened 3 times at STF,2 times on PvP...
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    last time i had it

my weapons were still working but all other ... had 2 min cooldown

not like the times before were i could only move nothing more

i am not 100% sure but maybe one of my 7 Weapons were still working everytime i had this bug in the last days since the last patch
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
This discussion has been closed.