test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG: 2 Minute Cooldown on All Abilities (RESOLVED 2/21!)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With flyingtarg's help, we managed to whittle this bug down to 3 steps.

1. Activate Engineering Team.
    2. Activate Beam Overload.
    3. Fire twice.

No keybinds needed, no complicated macros, no messing about with build orders. 3 steps. Elementary!

So the fix is coming. In the meantime, if you can avoid using engineering team, you shouldn't have this problem anymore. if you have the problem without engi team, please let us know!

*adjusts detective hat* Cheers!

i dont thing this is the only way to get the bug and even this not working 100% or its not all to do to get the bug
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Regarding this "3 STF some other ques too seen it ship will not turn after death and re spawn before season 6 per-patch 1st time i saw it."

Tap the (esc) key will clear the turn lock. (Just be careful not to exit the game when you do that... tap it once and you should be good to go).
  • Options
    tjchaptjchap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First time I've encountered this bug, and I've been playing quite a bit since this problem reportedly started. It happened to me in Tau Dewa Sector Patrol. I was fighting 2 Romulan ships in the Acamar system. 2 minute cooldown on all powers and weapons. I could still change my power settings (needed more shield power fast) and I could manually adjust my shield arcs. I hope this doesn't occur too often and/or is fixed soon. This could be a game killer.
    Ensign Spark Engineering Delta Squadron
    Current Location: Utopia Planetia Dilithium Processing Department
    Current Assignment: To process large quantities of dilithium for new starships.
    12th Fleet, United Federation Of Planets
  • Options
    krignokkrignok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Happens to me, too, everywhere. Foundary, fleet missions, solo missions, on different ships.

I do use, engineering team, beam overload, too. Really might be the problem, like written in the post above.
  • Options
    therealrelictherealrelic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have had this same problem. I don't think it has anything to do with what you are doing. I played a Mirror event and it happened twice during it, that is also when it started for me. I just played a starbase defense STF and it happened once.
  • Options
    jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    It is really pathetic that after week we are still dealing with this cool down bug! Space combat is impossible when we're being hit with this bug 2 and 3 times in one battle. When is it going to get fixed?????????????
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dont use beam overlord

helped me

had many combats today and not this bug
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    athourstathourst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I also got hit with the 2min cool down doing Starbase 24.
  • Options
    odin4201313odin4201313 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    still happening to me, dosent matter what skills or doffs i have equipped, ive tried every combo and tried not using any skills at all, it still happens no matter what, maybe it has something to do with holding down qwerty keys while using skills i dunno, it sucks tho and im growing tired of it.
  • Options
    alexindcobraalexindcobra Member Posts: 608
    edited February 2013
    I have caught the 2 minute bug a few times. It sucks, especially when the mission is on a time hack. You end up hurting the team because you can't do anything for 2 minutes.
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Greetings all you brave forum dwellers, I'm hoping to get a few questions answered. I've been gone for a while what with school and wanting a break anyway but have returned. I've enjoyed the game greatly but have come across two things that have plague me and a few friends and I am at a loss as to what is causing the issues and how to combat them.

First off, regardless of the enemy type, there are time when I get slammed with 2 minute cool downs on EVERYTHING! Weapons are offline. My bridge officers consoles lockup. Fortunately the conn still works, as do the replicators so I just have a cup of tea while I wait the eternity it takes for the two minute cool down to go away. What is causing this crippling and game breaking instance to happen?

I've always thought the 15 second shield drain the Borg use was BS and a tad too overpowered but 2 minutes is plain terrifying. It has nearly cost my friends several STFs and Fleet missions when there is one less ship fighting and there is a clock running.

The other thing that has been bothering us is on occasion the helm locks up. Can't turn to starboard or port at all. We can throw power to the engines and go in a straight line. It's not a lag issue because we all play in the same room, at the same table and can watch when only one ship get effected by this strange sorcery.

Thanks in advance Captains. Remember to beware of Ferengi that still think Gold is valuable. (Gods I love early TNG)

Sincerely,
    USS Hradsburg of the Free Marches Confederacy
    ArchDuke Antonio Valerio Cortez Commanding

Edit: Thanks to whoever moved this.

Edit2: To chime in, my friends and I seem to be a unholy trifecta. I use Beam Overload, one friend has Engineering Team and the last hammers the space bar like a boss.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure why I'm making a habit of posting this time after time today, but oh well.

From the Tribble patch notes http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8161861&postcount=1:
    • Using Engineering Team no longer puts all abilities into a 2 minute cooldown.

Hope this helps.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013

First off, regardless of the enemy type, there are time when I get slammed with 2 minute cool downs on EVERYTHING! Weapons are offline. My bridge officers consoles lockup. Fortunately the conn still works, as do the replicators so I just have a cup of tea while I wait the eternity it takes for the two minute cool down to go away. What is causing this crippling and game breaking instance to happen?

Basically don't use engineering team until tomorrow's patch and you should be fine. after the patch it should be fixed.
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks captainrevo1. After watching my post get moved here I took a look to see what was up. My friends are happy to know this won't be an issue for much longer.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    siogesioge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guys, I run a full destroyer with no beams and have never seen the bug. Got ET applied as often as usual but never had the issue.
  • Options
    s1conrads1conrad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Boarding Parties from Negh'var also seem to cause this bug. Its not just a Bridge Officer Bug. Load Foundry mission Battleship 1v1. Let Negh'var boarding parties land. 2 min cooldown. I didn't have to fire a shot. PS I also use Beam Overload and Eng II
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    This has now been resolved :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.