test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG: 2 Minute Cooldown on All Abilities (RESOLVED 2/21!)

Comments

• Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With flyingtarg's help, we managed to whittle this bug down to 3 steps.

1. Activate Engineering Team.
    2. Activate Beam Overload.
    3. Fire twice.

No keybinds needed, no complicated macros, no messing about with build orders. 3 steps. Elementary!

So the fix is coming. In the meantime, if you can avoid using engineering team, you shouldn't have this problem anymore. if you have the problem without engi team, please let us know!

*adjusts detective hat* Cheers!

So this means the cool down spazz out I had the other day isn't related to this bug.

Oh well, it never repeated so guess its not a big deal.
    <3
  • Options
    ztrl1ztrl1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013

3. Fire twice.

No keybinds needed, no complicated macros, no messing about with build orders. 3 steps. Elementary!

So the fix is coming. In the meantime, if you can avoid using engineering team, you shouldn't have this problem anymore. if you have the problem without engi team, please let us know!

Yeah this is not true at all.

I was in a shuttle PvP today in my Delta flyer and I had beam overload 1 and science team 1 for skills and it I got the 2 minute bug.
    Some people buy Tier 6 ships and expect to win. Other people buy Tier 6 ships and are Tier 6 pilots.
    ~Tear
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2013

3. Fire twice.

I dont use the space bar at all ..i dont use the keyboard at all for that matter only the directional movment keys for the ship.. every other action is done by mouse on the game screen, this started right after the last update yesterday,i have all weapons on autofire yes but i did have them on autofire since the beginning of playing this game.... had no problems but instead of a total cooldown on everything on the ship of a 2 minute it shows a 4minute then in about 10 seconds it shows 2 minute cooldown on everything well time to play some other mmo for about a month or so until this get's fixed.
  • Options
    sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you are experiencing this bug, please PM (link to message on the forums) me your character's.name@handle so we can investigate. Thank you!

Just to share here what I sent via PM:

This just triggered for me in a PvP match on my character -- literally within the last 10 minutes, if that helps you find the logs for that match.

Several people have reported a possible link with cd-reducing doffs, and I am using 3x Technician (with Aux to Emg Battery) to reduce cooldowns on this particular build.

The co-leader of my fleet reported the same thing happening to him in 3 out of 4 PvP matches in the last hour or so. (One of these matches was against a fleetmate using a build I gave him, and I've verified he doesn't have any new or unusual doffs or boffs in his build.) Also, I've verified that he uses Maintenance Engineers to reduce the cd on Engineering Team.

Final note, not sure if it has any relationship to this issue: Yesterday, I had the same "can't equip any boffs" problem that many others have had, and I ultimately fixed it by transwarping to the fleet base system and assigning boffs there. Since the Aux to Emg Batt ability is on one of the boffs I was unable to equip, I thought it might be relevant.

We're trying to reproduce this internally right now to get it fixed. I've gathered that KASE is a good place to do it, and recharge doffs MIGHT be a factor.

It might have something to do with play style. How do you fire weapons? Do you hammer the space bar like a boss or are you more subtle, like a fox? Do you have auto-fire active? What's your opening volley look like, and are you using any keybinds to do it?

I wish I'd seen this before sending the PM! :D

First, and most importantly, "Hammer the space bar like a boss" is deliciously quotable. I shall be adding it and a new keybind (/bind F8 "team Target: >> $target << ... Hammer the space bar, like a BOSS!") post haste.

Second, here are some more details: I have weapons on autofire, I use keybinds extensively (long ability chains + FireAll + DistributeShields), and I hit the spacebar way more often than I really need to -- probably 3-5 times a second, on average. When I'm also firing off my big alpha strike, I'm also hammering the tilde key.

For what it's worth, I know my fleet co-leader who reported the same problem also uses keybinds linked to the spacebar (I wrote them for him and helped him install them) but I don't know if he goes boss on the spacebar like I do. ;)

If it turns out this is some kind of "command spam" overloading things, I'll try to train myself to ease off on the spacebar, but old habits die hard. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited February 2013

3. Fire twice.

I don't have Beam Overload nor Engineering Team on my character either.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013

3. Fire twice.

Another addendum, after continuing to read through the thread. :)

My build does not use Engineering Team; it does, however, have Beam Overload.

The one time this happened to me I was in a PvP match with my fleet co-leader on my team; as I mentioned, he has Engineering Team built into his keybinds.

More importantly, he uses Extend Shields, and I remember that going off with me as the target very shortly before the bug hit! If Extend Shields triggered (auto-targeting me) and then Engineering Team was the next power in the queue before he auto-targeted an enemy, I would have been affected by Engineering Team at the same time as Beam Overload and hitting the spacebar like a boss.

In other words, I fit the profile you describe even though I don't have all the necessary powers in my build. :)

I have to say, guys, this is some pretty impressive detective work on your part, and it's really amazing that it turns out it fit my situation even though I don't use Engineering Team. Kudos! :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just noticed this thread, as I'm keen on checking the latest bugs that seem to spawn with every new patch.

Funny thing is that I had this happen to me whilst playing a Foundry mission before this Thursday's patch.

I utilize autofire, no special keybinds whatsoever and, if I recall correctly, have three projectile DOFFs slotted.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• Options
    canadianmetalfancanadianmetalfan Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2013

3. Fire twice.

I will test this when I get home from work... in 6 or so hours... i do have both in my button tray.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ODYSSEY SCIENCE CRUISER - U.S.S. MAIDEN TORONTO NX-971312-B
    VESTA MULTI-MISSION SURVEILLANCE EXPLORER - U.S.S. HOPE IN HELL NX-902013-A
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't use engineering team, but do have beam overload 1, and had it happen to me twice. No macro keybinds, using autofire.
  • Options
    xxninjaz1xxxxninjaz1xx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ive tried the toon again today (XxNinjaz1xX@xxninjaz1xx) and the same problem happened in KASE this time . . . admittedly it took longer to happen . . . got to fighting cubes above transformers.

i dont know if this has already been mentioned but i dont think it has anything to do with doffs . . . i removed all of mine.

Thanks
  • Options
    plingplongerplingplonger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ok i still have the problem...

Tried avoiding using eng team ii and seemed to work...

Accidently used it and after that science team 1 and bang the 2 min CD...

Hope this helps to solve the problem

Daan
  • Options
    calintane753calintane753 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just in case: I have the same problem.
    :(
    Without using Eng. Team II.
  • Options
    andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    just got this now, used engineering team 2 and bam 2 min cd on everything including weapons. working as intended?
  • Options
    haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2013

3. Fire twice.

So here is what I did. I replaced my bridge officer beam overload ability with fire at will. I left the rest the same, including leaving the engineering team ability... and it seems to work.

This might also explain why my tactical ship (which uses cannons and would not have an officer equipped with beam overload anyway) did not seem to be affected by this bug.

I can live without beam overload if it means I can actually play. Thanks again for all your hard work :)
  • Options
    bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds like I'm going to have to rely on the slow repair, and my EPtS powers more.. There's less need to me use Engineering Team then. Actually I think I used it to restore Weapons when I got hit the second time. I'll use the batteries next time.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was in KASE killing the probes/spheres ect - 1 gate had just died - on my side and suddenly all my skills and torps went on a 2 minute cooldown, so all i had was my cannons and turrets
  • Options
    horgahnhorgahn Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, the new patch introduced a new feature! Going up against a Negh'var? Well, you just earned yourself a two minute global cool down! Not even dying will let you escape its grasp and while it's active you cannot shoot, you cannot go fast, YOU CANNOT USE ANY ABILITIES.

Cool feature Bro. Clearly, Cryptic wants me to get sick of this and go do something else.
    Go Team Venture!
    Wʬ  g+  f  t

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    odin4201313odin4201313 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    happens to me randomly, thought it was tactical initiative causing it, stopped using it seemed to work for about 7 stfs and few foundry missions and just now in a KASE it happened again! The one thing that still seems to work is launching fighters as they only receive a 1 min cd when everything else gets a 2 min cd for some reason....
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds like an awesome console waiting to happen if you ask me. :shiftyface:

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    riddexxxriddexxx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This needs to be fixed. I am getting just a little pissed now. Twice everything locked up for 2 mins in one pvp match. Dont even get me started on how many times i got second or third on sb24 just sitting around for 2 mins letting everyone else get kills. This 2 min cooldown is very very unfair for thoes of us that have it. I have lost out on lot's of gear/Ec because of it. FIX Please!!! This day 3 for this 2 min thing. The game is no longer playable so im done playing until it is fixed.

I was/am using Tactical Incentive, I removed the officer and still have the ability.
    I have all weapons on auto fire.
    I use no special keys just w,a,s,d and spacebar
    I have beam overload III x2 & Eng Team.
  • Options
    istvaanshogaatsuistvaanshogaatsu Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seconding this. I keep running into the two-minute shutdown while fighting Borg. The sooner this is patched out, the better.
  • Options
    corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does ramming speed work? ;)
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have 3 projectile weapons officers and two conn officers on my active roster.

I think you might be on to some thing with that. I'll take them off today and let you know if it happens again.
    Some people buy Tier 6 ships and expect to win. Other people buy Tier 6 ships and are Tier 6 pilots.
    ~Tear
  • Options
    spartanzero29spartanzero29 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is getting ridiculous! I am simply trying to level my toon, and I am forced to suffer this 2 min cool down, in almost every single encounter! So far I've not died because of it, but it's gotten me into a lot of tight spaces, and it severely hampers my time in leveling. Please, somebody fix this...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Removing the projectile doffs seems to have fixed this for me
    ~Tear
  • Options
    modmike1981modmike1981 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the cooldown happens randomly with me but the engineering team does mess up my enhanced battle cloak
    :eek:
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Every time I got hit with VM and my teammate sent me an ET, i got a 3min cd.
    [Click here for pic]
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    noticed that it only happens with my fleet ships, like the Fleet Ambassador. Non fleet version ships doesn't seems to be affected with this bug.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    is it fixed yet? I'm getting kinda bored with my netflix:confused:
  • Options
    spartanzero29spartanzero29 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    noticed that it only happens with my fleet ships, like the Fleet Ambassador. Non fleet version ships doesn't seems to be affected with this bug.

Nope, I'm in a commander level science vessel, so no fleet designation there, and it happens every other battle in the main quest line.
This discussion has been closed.