test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BUG: 2 Minute Cooldown on All Abilities (RESOLVED 2/21!)

mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just experienced an annoying bug in KASE where a normal cube gave me a 2 minute cooldown on *every* ability (including my weapons/torpodoes). A fleet mate also experienced this. I will try to recreate the event, but it possibly has something to do with the borg tractor beam.
Post edited by mn03 on

Comments

• Options
    inktomi19inktomi19 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Something has randomly been triggering a 2 minute cooldown on all my abilities and weapons, which persists even after respawning. I *think* that it's related to cooldown-reducing DOffs. I have 3 blue damage control DOffs which reduce the cooldown on EPtX abilities, and 2 green DOffs which reduce the cooldown on engineering team.

I can verify that activating EPtX abilities causes the cooldown, but I'm not positive about ET -- it just feels like it happens a lot more often with both ET and EPtX doing it.

It's a really gamebreaking bug -- you can't do anything, not even fire weapons when it happens, and it's very frequent. Cycling two abilities with cooldown reduction seens to trigger it within a minute of play.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    mn03 wrote: »
    I just experienced an annoying bug in KASE where a normal cube gave me a 2 minute cooldown on *every* ability (including my weapons/torpodoes). A fleet mate also experienced this. I will try to recreate the event, but it possibly has something to do with the borg tractor beam.
    I had the same thing, I reported it just as you were posting this.

Do you use DOffs to reduce the cooldowns of your abilities? I think that's what's triggering it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    inktomi19 wrote: »
    I had the same thing, I reported it just as you were posting this.

Do you use DOffs to reduce the cooldowns of your abilities? I think that's what's triggering it.

Yes, I use torpedo DOFF's.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I use torpedo DOFF's.
    I'd bet that's what's causing it. I'm going to try unequipping my DOffs to see if it still happens.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'd bet that's what's causing it. I'm going to try unequipping my DOffs to see if it still happens.
    Okay. I unequipped my DOffs and it still happens. I tried taking my bridge officers out of their stations then re-equipping them to see if that helped, but it still happens.

I've been running "Past Imperfect" to test it, and it happens within 10 seconds of beginning to shoot. It's definitely my keystrokes doing it (it doesn't happen if I don't press any buttons).
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ...and now it's stopped. The only thing I did differently was re-equip my DOffs.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I did my second ISE run and nothing happened. I will try to do KASE now and see what happens.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ...and it just randomly started again.

Literally EVERYTHING goes on cooldown -- I can't even balance my shields.

EDIT -- I'm getting the bug almost ever time I fight, but it only happens in combat.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ...and it just randomly started again.

Literally EVERYTHING goes on cooldown -- I can't even balance my shields.

Hm, I guess it's only a small minority experiencing this bug, otherwise the forum would have been flooded. Do you see this bug in KASE? or just in random events.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hm, I guess it's only a small minority experiencing this bug, otherwise the forum would have been flooded. Do you see this bug in KASE? or just in random events.
    I've been seeing it everywhere.

It happened once doing Infected, but then during a PvP arena it started this junk where it would happen withing 10 seconds of entering combat every single time. It persists after death, and even after relogging. Every single ability or weapon goes on cooldown, even things like full impulse and distributing shields.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I've been seeing it everywhere.

It happened once doing Infected, but then during a PvP arena it started this junk where it would happen withing 10 seconds of entering combat every single time. It persists after death, and even after relogging. Every single ability or weapon goes on cooldown, even things like full impulse and distributing shields.

I just did KASE and nothing happened. Which DOFF do you use exactly? I will try to experiment with it to recreate the bug.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    3x Damage Control Engineer and 2x Maintenance Engineer. I had the same problem when I unequipped my DOffs though. I'm gonna try to replicate the problem on a different character.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just tried to replicate the problem on another character with Damage Control Engineer DOffs -- I couldn't.

However, my two copies of Tactical Team are both using the shared cooldown. Normally the copy I use should have a 30 second cooldown, and there should be an animation like a clock as it cools down. At the same time, the other copy should have a 15 second cooldown, and that one should be like a horizontal bar sliding down the icon. But instead, both copies get the shorter, 15 second cooldown, and the animation for the shared cooldown. I don't have anything on that character that ought to be effecting Tactical Team.

On both characters the bugs persist with different ships, and with changing maps, etc. On the second one the bug actually helps, so I might just play that for a while.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just tried to replicate the problem on another character with Damage Control Engineer DOffs -- I couldn't.

However, my two copies of Tactical Team are both using the shared cooldown. Normally the copy I use should have a 30 second cooldown, and there should be an animation like a clock as it cools down. At the same time, the other copy should have a 15 second cooldown, and that one should be like a horizontal bar sliding down the icon. But instead, both copies get the shorter, 15 second cooldown, and the animation for the shared cooldown. I don't have anything on that character that ought to be effecting Tactical Team.

On both characters the bugs persist with different ships, and with changing maps, etc. On the second one the bug actually helps, so I might just play that for a while.

I'm unable to duplicate the bug, but i'm hearing complains from other people also experiencing this bug. I will try to take a screenshot of it when it happens again.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm unable to duplicate the bug, but i'm hearing complains from other people also experiencing this bug. I will try to take a screenshot of it when it happens again.
    I think I'm going to need to try re-installing. The bug seems to have gotten worse -- I'm getting all my abilities locked out in the first second or 2 of combat now.

I'm actually kind of encouraged that there seem to be a ton of other bugs with this patch, so hopefully Cryptic might roll it back.
  • Options
    canadianmetalfancanadianmetalfan Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am not sure if this is a bug due to the patch or the game actually wanting my character to die....!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/66785_10152079329715110_299248071_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/64460_10152079329755110_1012164360_n.jpg

Basically since the patch today I have noticed that while in combat all my buttons will siddenly freak out and have 2 min cool downs on all of them, as shown in the picture. some buttons are designed to have 1 or 2 or even 3 minute cooldowns but now all of them are doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ODYSSEY SCIENCE CRUISER - U.S.S. MAIDEN TORONTO NX-971312-B
    VESTA MULTI-MISSION SURVEILLANCE EXPLORER - U.S.S. HOPE IN HELL NX-902013-A
  • Options
    giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've had this twice now on diff missions, 2mins no weapons, no powers, surrounded and dead...
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I am not sure if this is a bug due to the patch or the game actually wanting my character to die....!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/66785_10152079329715110_299248071_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/64460_10152079329755110_1012164360_n.jpg

Basically since the patch today I have noticed that while in combat all my buttons will siddenly freak out and have 2 min cool downs on all of them, as shown in the picture. some buttons are designed to have 1 or 2 or even 3 minute cooldowns but now all of them are doing it.
    That's exactly the bug I have, although with me it's happening every time I use abilities in combat, usually withing the first couple of seconds.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    If you are experiencing this bug, please PM (link to message on the forums) me your character's.name@handle so we can investigate. Thank you!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think it's triggered by trying to fire my phasers; I don't get the bug when I don't have any weapons equipped. It specifically happens when I try to fire but some or all of my phasers are already in their firing cycle.

I'm going to try equipping completely different weapons and see if it persists.

EDIT -- It still happens with different weapons, but having fewer weapons equipped makes it take longer before it happens.
  • Options
    theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yep, just finished a Khittomer, Was in the middle of fighting a borg cube when I noticed that I was starting to die. I realized that I couldn't do anything other than move because all my abilities, weapons, devices, everything was on a 2 minute cooldown. For a second there I thought a GM was trolling me lol ;).
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I just checked and if I log on to the same character from a different computer, the bug persists.
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Happened to me as well.

I was in my Vesta and had just used all my Console abilities... which have the same shard cooldown as this bug cooldown. So I was wondering if this was what was causing it.

Were you others using the Vesta at the time of the bug?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    csgtmyorkcsgtmyork Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same thing happened to me and my buddy. We were in a Foundry mission.
    "Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
    Elim Garak
  • Options
    farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    We're trying to reproduce this internally right now to get it fixed. I've gathered that KASE is a good place to do it, and recharge doffs MIGHT be a factor.

It might have something to do with play style. How do you fire weapons? Do you hammer the space bar like a boss or are you more subtle, like a fox? Do you have auto-fire active? What's your opening volley look like, and are you using any keybinds to do it?
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • Options
    trenesstreness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just happened to me a little while ago as well. Never happened before today. I think its the game AI developing its own defensive capabilities... Skynet anyone...

http://postimage.org/image/eo7leckpt/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We're trying to reproduce this internally right now to get it fixed. I've gathered that KASE is a good place to do it, and recharge doffs MIGHT be a factor.

It might have something to do with play style. How do you fire weapons? Do you hammer the space bar like a boss or are you more subtle, like a fox? Do you have auto-fire active? What's your opening volley look like, and are you using any keybinds to do it?
    I've been hammering the spacebar. I watched my weapons as it happened a few times, and each time it happens some of my weapons are still cooling down when I press the spacebar again. When I slow down, it can still happen.

The number of weapons seems to affect how often it happens; I took the 8 beams off my cruiser and replaced them with 4 different beams and it still happened, but it took a lot longer.

I've been using a keybind to fire:
    Button4 "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
    Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers$$+trayExecBytray 6 0$$+trayexecbytray 6 1$$+trayexecbytray 6 2$$+trayexecbytray 6 3$$+trayexecbytray 6 4$$+trayexecbytray 6 5$$+trayexecbytray 6 6$$+trayexecbytray 6 7$$+trayexecbytray 6 8$$+trayexecbytray 6 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
    T "team Target: >> $target <<"

If I use "FireAll" in place of "FirePhasers" it still happens. I mentioned the keybind because from the screenshots it looked like at least one other player with the same problem uses the same keybind. When I get a chance I can try to bind my firing to a different key (apart from all the other stuff) and see if it still causes the bug .
  • Options
    endless054endless054 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I get the same bug! Everything locked for 2 min. AlPzDQ9.jpg
  • Options
    farktoid5000farktoid5000 Member Posts: 72 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    I've been hammering the spacebar. I watched my weapons as it happened a few times, and each time it happens some of my weapons are still cooling down when I press the spacebar again. When I slow down, it can still happen.

The number of weapons seems to affect how often it happens; I took the 8 beams off my cruiser and replaced them with 4 different beams and it still happened, but it took a lot longer.

I've been using a keybind to fire:
    Button4 "+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
    Space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers$$+trayExecBytray 6 0$$+trayexecbytray 6 1$$+trayexecbytray 6 2$$+trayexecbytray 6 3$$+trayexecbytray 6 4$$+trayexecbytray 6 5$$+trayexecbytray 6 6$$+trayexecbytray 6 7$$+trayexecbytray 6 8$$+trayexecbytray 6 9$$+power_exec Distribute_Shields"
    T "team Target: >> $target <<"

If I use "FireAll" in place of "FirePhasers" it still happens. I mentioned the keybind because from the screenshots it looked like at least one other player with the same problem uses the same keybind. When I get a chance I can try to bind my firing to a different key (apart from all the other stuff) and see if it still causes the bug .

What powers do you have mapped to the 6th tray?
    Follow your friendly neighborhood EQAH on Twitter! @CrypticEQAH
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    What powers do you have mapped to the 6th tray?
    Emergency Power to Weapons 1
    Emergency Power to Shields 3
    Engineering Team 1
    Engineering Team 2
    Aux to SIF 3
    Aux to SIF 1
    Beam Overload 2
    Beam Overload 1
    Extend Shields 1
    Extend Shields 2

When it first happened I had a different build; I can't remember what was where, but I had almost completely different powers. The only ones that were the same were EPtW and EPtS, and I had just assigned 3 Damage Control Engineer DOffs when it first happened.

I can use that keybind and activate the powers without problem as long as the weapons don't fire. I've also tried setting my weapons to fire when I press the "H" key, and that works without problems. It's just when I use the keybind to fire and just on one character. I tried setting up another character with similar DOffs and BOffs, and it doesn't mess up.

I was in "Infected: the Conduit" when it first messed up, so maybe that had something to do with it? I think I had the Borg boarding party on me messing with my cooldowns when they first went wacky.

EDIT -- I just broke another character doing Cap and Hold. Different tray setup, no DOffs that affect cooldowns, just spamming the keybind. It took about 5 minutes of constant combat. I haven't checked to see if the problem persists with that character the same as with my other.

EDIT 2 -- if I don't hit the keys too quickly it doesn't seem to do it. On both characters that it started I was pressing the spacebar as quickly as I could and trying to activate other abilities on other keys as well.

The first character I had the problem with stayed broken, so that firing using the spacebar keybind always causes the probelm, but the second character only had the problem one time when things were especially hectic.
This discussion has been closed.