test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem'Hadar carrier ship requirment for Jem'Hadar attack ship fighter

Comments

• erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    Hey now, hold up there. I disparaged the console for the sensible reasons provided. The ship itself is 110% awesome. :) It's a little soft yes, which is why I think it is an ideal fit for an engineer captain. But the damage output! Oh dear gods, the damage output. :eek:

I have to admit that despite the TRIBBLE job with the Hanger Attack Ship the Dreadnought Carrier can be quite the powerhouse when its guns come to bare.

I've still been play testing it on Tribble and I've been doing pretty well with 2x Single Disruptor Cannons, Disruptor Beam Array and the Tholian Torpedo at the Fore with 3 Disruptor Turret at the AFT.

I'm not ready to shelve my Recluse on Holodeck yet; however, I would shelve it in hart beat if Cryptic would remove the restriction on the Hanger Attack Ships :D

Question for Bug ship owners:

Would it have made a difference to you one way or the other if the Hanger Bugs were only available to owners of the Dreadnought Carrier if there had never been any mention of them being some kind of perk of owning the Bug ship?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bi9tbi9t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good news, the JHAS pets fly around better.

Bad news, they still do subpar damage, nearly 40-50% damage to other dps pets. (From my tests this would include BoPs, Elite scorps, Adv pergs)

And their dual cannons including rapid fire will equate to about a couple percent of their damage. Nothing has changed numbers wise, just how they look flying around.
  • theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bi9t wrote: »
    Good news, the JHAS pets fly around better.

Bad news, they still do subpar damage, nearly 40-50% damage to other dps pets. (From my tests this would include BoPs, Elite scorps, Adv pergs)

And their dual cannons including rapid fire will equate to about a couple percent of their damage. Nothing has changed numbers wise, just how they look flying around.

It's really disappointing :(. When I see the huge disparity between hanger ships I really wonder if whoever is designing these things really has a solid understanding of the game mechanics.

I mean it's not like it's a small discrepancy from an equivalent level scorpion fighter vs. the new Jem'hadar fighter or a federation shuttle. It feels like a huge glaring error that one ship can be only five percent of the damage of the other. At the very least they shouldn't cost the same in dilithium lol ;).

I mean it's so sad that in my opinion the best looking fighters, the Jem'hadar fighters are easily the worst fighter hanger pets.
    edited February 2013
    It's really disappointing :(. When I see the huge disparity between hanger ships I really wonder if whoever is designing these things really has a solid understanding of the game mechanics.

I mean it's not like it's a small discrepancy from an equivalent level scorpion fighter vs. the new Jem'hadar fighter or a federation shuttle. It feels like a huge glaring error that one ship can be only five percent of the damage of the other. At the very least they shouldn't cost the same in dilithium lol ;).

I mean it's so sad that in my opinion the best looking fighters, the Jem'hadar fighters are easily the worst fighter hanger pets.

The Jem Fighters are just plain bad and Cryptic really needs to take them back to formula and try again.

The issue of the Hanger Attack Ships being locked away from most Dreadnought owers would be kind of moot if the Jem Fighters were more on par with the Scorpion Fighters.

The Jem Fighters need Quantum Torps and Ramming Speed 1 added to them.

The Ultra Scorpion Fighters are the end all be all of Fighters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    errab wrote: »
    The Jem Fighters are just plain bad and Cryptic really needs to take them back to formula and try again.

The issue of the Hanger Attack Ships being locked away from most Dreadnought owers would be kind of moot if the Jem Fighters were more on par with the Scorpion Fighters.

The Jem Fighters need Quantum Torps and Ramming Speed 1 added to them.

The Ultra Scorpion Fighters are the end all be all of Fighters.

Mmm, Jem'hadar fighters with quantum torpedoes and ramming speed. A man can dream, a man can dream.

Like I said before, on paper the fighters are comparable to other fighters. This is because advanced fighters have their three abilities. http://www.stowiki.org/Carrier_Pets
    But they fail because they traded their torpedo for an arguably worthless ability that does a fighter no good.

Now granted the S'kul fighters have ramming speed instead of a torpedo, but generally if it's a fighter it's the torpedo that is responsible for nearly all its damage. A fighter without a torpedo is like a one legged man in a kicking contest. The only other ship that is worse is the type 10 Shuttles. Srsly, those shuttles... What is going on there? Are they there for RPers?

Really there is just something wrong with the Hanger pets in general, and that is that they don't do any damage with their energy weapons. I mean honestly over this last year of flying carrier ships I've come to view fighters as little more than mobile torpedo delivery platforms lol.

On one hand I feel that all carrier pets should come under some kind of review. On the other hand I worry that if they review all carrier pets they'll conclude that my elite scorpions need to be brought down to type 10 shuttle status :rolleyes: lol.
  • causalityeffectcausalityeffect Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think the fighters in general are out of place and should be changed to fit the setting. The only reason they exist in most Sci-Fi is because they want to create dramatic effect.

I would start adding hangers that allow access to bigger ships with more abilities thus the carrier pilots can choose between having lots of one man fighters OR having a single larger ship.

The Jem Hadar Attack Ship and the Klingon BOPs have already started this concept so expanding it into a more dynamic selection would expand the flexibilities of carriers.
    As it is, the carrier system sucks due to lack of proper interface for them and it breaks down to simply spamming your carrier buttons because you cannot support your fighters as they are highly fragile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm forced to agree that whoever designs a lot of these things just never thought it through. I knew just LOOKING at the Jem fighter's equipment that they would almost certainty be terrible. And it took me all of two minutes in battle to verify that they were terrible. Where is the disconnect between gameplay and design? Why are players, i.e. the people with the most gameplaye experience, not consulted before new equipment or features go live?

Useless feature makes it to live. This means at least one of these things is true:
    1.) Nobody on the development staff knows what their game plays like.
    2.) Nobody on the development staff feels empowered to speak up against bad design calls
    3.) Developers are making unilateral, unreviewed changes to the game.
    4.) Cryptic doesn't care about the value of features they try to sell.
    edited February 2013
    Mmm, Jem'hadar fighters with quantum torpedoes and ramming speed. A man can dream, a man can dream.

Like I said before, on paper the fighters are comparable to other fighters. This is because advanced fighters have their three abilities. http://www.stowiki.org/Carrier_Pets
    But they fail because they traded their torpedo for an arguably worthless ability that does a fighter no good.

Now granted the S'kul fighters have ramming speed instead of a torpedo, but generally if it's a fighter it's the torpedo that is responsible for nearly all its damage. A fighter without a torpedo is like a one legged man in a kicking contest. The only other ship that is worse is the type 10 Shuttles. Srsly, those shuttles... What is going on there? Are they there for RPers?

Really there is just something wrong with the Hanger pets in general, and that is that they don't do any damage with their energy weapons. I mean honestly over this last year of flying carrier ships I've come to view fighters as little more than mobile torpedo delivery platforms lol.

On one hand I feel that all carrier pets should come under some kind of review. On the other hand I worry that if they review all carrier pets they'll conclude that my elite scorpions need to be brought down to type 10 shuttle status :rolleyes: lol.

It seems like the Ultra Scorpions have their power levels set to max weapons and the rest of the fighers have their power levels set to max engines or something :confused:

We really should have some way to make sure that our Hanger Support is set to max weapons or whatever we need from them.

All I know is that the Jem Fighters are Hella Bad.... give them Attack Pattern Beta 1 and a Quantum Torp and make sure they are set for max weapons power ;)

All Hanger suport needs a good once over to make sure that they are all working as intended.

Give all Dreadnought Carrier owners access to the Hanger Attack Ships :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The uber-scorps do a normal (for pets) amount of damage with their energy weapons, the thing is one of them is a turret so it's engaging all the time instead of relying on their total inability to fly.
  • keradim45123keradim45123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Re-Release the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship!

Give us SOME way of getting it... PLEASE!!!!
  • roelandmroelandm Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2013

just unlock the ship for all.

if they re-release it, make it account wide-

its stupid to own both ships on the same toon!
  • keradim45123keradim45123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed!

Just let us purchase the Green, I mean SHEESH just paid $150 for the dreadnought!!!

I want those little Bugs they are so COOL now I find out they are not even available unless I have a ship that no longer exists!.... WHAT?????????

I looked on the Auction House and I see them for 400mill... come on guys give us at least the greens and reopen up the Attack Ship so it can be obtained in some way.
    edited February 2013

In the latest Episode of Stoked Radio that was posted on YouTube the host mentioned that Cryptic was already working on re offering the Bug ship; however, the fact is that the Bug ship should have never had anything thing to do the Hanger Bugs that can only be used by the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.

This restriction gimps the Dreadnought Carrier and forces its owners to buy a completely different ship if they want to use all the items that can only be used with the Carrier that they already own.

This is a bad path that Cryptic is taking us down with this tether deal.

What's next...? If you want to buy Very Rare Widow Fighters for your Recluse you have to own the Widow Fighter and have it taking up a slot on your roster of available ships.

This is just beyond bad business here and now I'll have to second guess wanting to pick up any lockbox or Lobi store ship for fear that I might need to own another ship just to buy and use an item that only works on the ship that I already own.

The more I think about this the more it cheeses me off.

I'm just shocked that not more players are up in arms about this move by Cryptic and if it happens once it will happen again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    In the latest Episode of Stoked Radio that was posted on YouTube the host mentioned that Cryptic was already working on re offering the Bug ship; however, the fact is that the Bug ship should have never had anything thing to do the Hanger Bugs that can only be used by the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier.

This restriction gimps the Dreadnought Carrier and forces its owners to buy a completely different ship if they want to use all the items that can only be used with the Carrier that they already own.

This is a bad path that Cryptic is taking us down with this tether deal.

What's next...? If you want to buy Very Rare Widow Fighters for your Recluse you have to own the Widow Fighter and have it taking up a slot on your roster of available ships.

This is just beyond bad business here and now I'll have to second guess wanting to pick up any lockbox or Lobi store ship for fear that I might need to own another ship just to buy and use an item that only works on the ship that I already own.

The more I think about this the more it cheeses me off.

I'm just shocked that not more players are up in arms about this move by Cryptic and if it happens once it will happen again.

/signed. i am also extremely mad at this
    edited February 2013
    I understand their desire to make the attack ship hanger more prestigious, but giving it free to attack ship owners should have been a perk, not exclusive. There needs to be other routes of obtaining the attack ship to be equitable to those who want the attack hanger but not the attack ship.

My Engineer is my carrier captain, there is no way I'd give the attack ship to her over my tactical captain.

Please Devs, I'm begging you. Either provide other routes of obtaining the attack ship hanger or make the hanger unlock account wide. :(
    edited February 2013
    I understand their desire to make the attack ship hanger more prestigious, but giving it free to attack ship owners should have been a perk, not exclusive. There needs to be other routes of obtaining the attack ship to be equitable to those who want the attack hanger but not the attack ship.

My Engineer is my carrier captain, there is no way I'd give the attack ship to her over my tactical captain.

Please Devs, I'm begging you. Either provide other routes of obtaining the attack ship hanger or make the hanger unlock account wide. :(

im in the exact same situation, as my engi is also the 1 who flies the dread
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    roelandm wrote: »
    im in the exact same situation, as my engi is also the 1 who flies the dread

Somewhat Same situation, though I'm a tactical officer.
    edited February 2013
    Same situation, though I'm a tactical officer.

lucky you :P
    edited February 2013
    lucky you :P

lucky?....LUCKY! YOU THINK I'M......well no yea I guess I am a bit lucky.:D
    edited February 2013
    lucky?....LUCKY! YOU THINK I'M......well no yea I guess I am a bit lucky.:D

if u manage to get the attack ship it wouldnt be a total wastee like on a sci or engi
    edited February 2013
    if u manage to get the attack ship it wouldnt be a total wastee like on a sci or engi

yea no I misread that entire statement, don't have a bug ship, even if I did, I would still hate this lockaway because of the horrible precedence it would set.
    edited February 2013
    Still we get no response to why this was done to the with the Dreadnought Carrier and why at the very least was there not a Rare Version of the Hanger Bugs created that were avaiable to all owners of the Dreadnought Carrier :confused:

With all the rage building around the forums over the take back of Foundry Fleet Marks and other issues Cryptic will need to invest massive amounts of cash into a good PR rep ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Still we get no response to why this was done to the with the Dreadnought Carrier and why at the very least was there not a Rare Version of the Hanger Bugs created that were avaiable to all owners of the Dreadnought Carrier :confused:

With all the rage building around the forums over the take back of Foundry Fleet Marks and other issues Cryptic will need to invest massive amounts of cash into a good PR rep ;)

like i said, i was considering getting lifetime, i was gonna do it in a few days after i had gotten my paycheck.

and then this happened.....

and now im doubting so much, that i think ill pass for now. i dont want this nonsense of jumping through hoops like this!!
    edited February 2013
    like i said, i was considering getting lifetime, i was gonna do it in a few days after i had gotten my paycheck.

and then this happened.....

and now im doubting so much, that i think ill pass for now. i dont want this nonsense of jumping through hoops like this!!

same here, I was about to buy it just a few weeks ago, upon my return from a 2 month stint where I couldnt play any games, and got on just to buy lifetime, but when I was lucky to strike a JHEC and sold that for 140mil and bought a carrier for 70mil, I saw that I could only get the JHAS-H pets if i had the JHAS and the Dreadnought, it killed the deal right then and there, mainly because as I stated before, it set up a dangerous precedence.
    edited February 2013
    There are so many of The Dreadnoughts Flying around in game but so few have the Hanger Attack Ships and some of the players that I've takled to thought it was a gltich that they could not buy the Attack Ships for their hangers.

The ones that believed me when I told them that Cryptic made it so you need to own the Bug and the Dread to buy the Hanger Attack Ships all felt like they had been ripped off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    There are so many of The Dreadnoughts Flying around in game but so few have the Hanger Attack Ships and some of the players that I've takled to thought it was a gltich that they could not buy the Attack Ships for their hangers.

The ones that believed me when I told them that Cryptic made it so you need to own the Bug and the Dread to buy the Hanger Attack Ships all felt like they had been ripped off.

I saw one dreadnought flying with the bugs, I asked him how they were he said and i quote "they are better now that the patch was implemented, but still lacked in any form of usefulness, I wish it wasn't locked away for those without the attack ship so people can report how awful they are"

sounds to me even they don't like the fact it is a lockaway.
    edited February 2013
    I saw one dreadnought flying with the bugs, I asked him how they were he said and i quote "they are better now that the patch was implemented, but still lacked in any form of usefulness, I wish it wasn't locked away for those without the attack ship so people can report how awful they are"

sounds to me even they don't like the fact it is a lockaway.

lol would seem so.

i would still like to see a dps parse of ALL pet hangars though, from brothl to scorps to slavers to whatver else....
  • bi9tbi9t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They are roughly 40-50% as effective dps wise to most of the dps hangars Ive tested. (Adv Pergs, elite scorps, BoPs)

The reason you dont see them is because they are only being used by people for looks or because they dont know any better.

I would give mine away if possible, they are useless. And yes this is after the recent patch.
  • causalityeffectcausalityeffect Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you wanted to make the Jem Hadar Attack Ship pets effective:

1) Increase their turn rate and speed to equal that of the actual flyable version - That way they can keep up with players and bring their weapons to bear alot better.

2) Remove the Cannons and give them multiple beam arrays - Frigate pets should be engaging at longer ranges to take advantage of the fact they are not as nimble as the fighters. Additonally, the NPC pets do not use their cannons effectively because they dont use their fire arcs properly.
    If you give them a bunch of beam arrays they can engage at longer ranges at a wider arc.

Personnally, I would expand the hanger selection into fighters and frigates for both sides.
    Fighters would have larger numbers and use the cannons at short range while the frigates used longer ranged weapons but are generally less nimble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    If you wanted to make the Jem Hadar Attack Ship pets effective:

1) Increase their turn rate and speed to equal that of the actual flyable version - That way they can keep up with players and bring their weapons to bear alot better.

2) Remove the Cannons and give them multiple beam arrays - Frigate pets should be engaging at longer ranges to take advantage of the fact they are not as nimble as the fighters. Additonally, the NPC pets do not use their cannons effectively because they dont use their fire arcs properly.
    If you give them a bunch of beam arrays they can engage at longer ranges at a wider arc.

Personnally, I would expand the hanger selection into fighters and frigates for both sides.
    Fighters would have larger numbers and use the cannons at short range while the frigates used longer ranged weapons but are generally less nimble.

good suggestions. also make the unlock for the jem frigate account wide! that way u can get the JHAS on your tac who doesnt have the dread ship

EDIT : still no community response!!!!!!!!!! ANGRY CUSTOMERS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.