test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like to see the Klingon empire at peace with the Federation?

Comments

• Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    The Fed. FEs say that the Federation is infested with Undine and sadly they don't do much about it.
    However, the war has become more than simple Undine infiltration, at least storywise since we don't see much of it in game. For this I'll refer a previous post of mine:

What is Fed FE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    user839020189287user839020189287 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    age03 wrote: »
    What is Fed FE?

Think was meaning the feddie feature episodes.
    "Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Feds want peace because more often then not they get their asses handed to them in Kerrat and other pvp missions. Not saying we always win, but we do more then the Feds.
  • Options
    lazarxlazarx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's a bit of an oddball time to call for peace when the war itself hasn't really been played out yet.

Even during the run of TNG the Alliance itself was rather shaky and one-sided with pretty much all the concessions being given to Klingon sensitivities, and all that effort didn't seem to do anything but lead the Klingons to holding the Federation further in contempt.

And perhaps that was the problem with the Federation-Klingon Alliance... no real sharing of values,and no logical reason to keep them together.
    lazarx_2855.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    SuvwI'pu' qan tu'lu'be'

tlhIngan Hol yIghoj DabommeH!

nom maja'chuqchu'meH tlhIngan Hol jay'!
    nom maja'chuqchu'meH tlhIngan Hol jay'!

QI'lopDaq, qaq wornagh!
    toQDujDaq, not maSagh!
    QI'lopDaq, QI'lopDaq,
    QI'lopDaq, QI'lopDaq,
    QI'lopDaq, QI'lopDaq,
    QI'lopDaq, ...

tlhIngan SuvwI' qan jIHbe', 'ach SuvDI' vay' ghIH
    vaj bom vIchennISmoH jIH 'e' vIHarbejtaH.
    maja'chuqchu'meH tlhIngan Hol wIlo'taH!
    taH pagh taHbe' neH jatlhtaH
    'a DaH maSuvmeH malop net Sov
    'ej Daq wISovbe', chaq not maQaplaH...?
    bIlujlaHbe'chugh, vaj bIQaplaHbe'!
    'a maQapmeH matay'nIS nuja'taH be'.
    wIDabe'lu'ba'; DIDataHbe'chugh maSuv.
    jagh DISuvDI' cha baH je net Sov.
    tlhIngan SuvwI' quv maHbej
    'a mapuvlaHbe', reH maSuvtaH
    'ej nIteb Suvbe' be' nuja' be' le'.
    nuja' be' le'be': veQ ja' be' le'.
    yIn nI'qu' ghajbe'bej HoDma' lI'be',
    tlhIngan SuvwI'pu' qan tu'lu'be'mo'.
    SuvwI'pu', Hoch tlhInganpu',
    peqImqu', verenganpu', DaH mabomchu'!
    peDoy'Qo', QongtaHbogh SuvwI' vItoy'Qo'.
    bom mu' vIqaw vIneHbej: taHjaj wo'!

DaH maSuv, chaq tugh maHegh,
    'a batlh maHeghmeH
    jagh DISuvchu'taH 'ej yo' qIjDaq
    tlhIngan SuvwI'pu' qan tu'lu'be'

tlhIngan SuvwI' qan jIHbe'bej.
    maquvnIS, maSuvnIS, 'ej DaH maSuvqa'bej
    peqImtaH: Do'Ha' jaghla' wuv ngeHbej,
    qa'vamDaq qama HoH neHchugh tlhIngan, nura': baH!
    parmaqqaywI', parmaqqay qaywI''e' SenwI' rIlwI' je
    pe'vIl mu'qaDmey bach gheb rIlwI'
    muSeyqu'moH rIlwI' SuSDeq.
    'ej DarSeqDaj DaSamnIS ra' tlhIngan Hubbeq
    Suvrup pu' beqma': tlhIngan Hubbeq SuvwI'!
    'a DaH So'wI' chu'be'chu'mo' taHqeq So'be' So'wI'.
    'a Do'Ha'! (bom)
    SSS! Dap bom mu' vIqaw vIneHqu'bogh vIqelbe'law'taH vIja'lu'pu'.
    DaH malop maH neHbej qeylIS.
    'a wa'leS chaq maHegh, 'ej DaH malop 'e' DIS.
    nuHbey DISay'moH, 'ej leSpoH neH wIpoQ.
    reH SeymoH QeH. tera'ngan DItaymoH.
    QamchoH, majeghbe'bej.
    maSuv'eghbe'chugh Hem tlhIngan Segh DevwI'.
    tugh maHeghbej, 'a Dabej DawI'.
    Dubej - Dabej - 'Iv bej DevwI'?

[chegh]

'a DaH Qu' DataghDI' 'aqtu' mellota' je chaH tIqawchu'taH!
    'Iw HIq bIr 'Iq neHbe' Hur'Iq.
    nuja': tujnIS 'Iw HIq!
    latlh HIvje'Daq 'Iw HIq bIr yIqang jay'.
    'ej pIpyuS pach DaSop DaneHchugh
    vaj pIpyuS puS DaghornIS 'e' DaSovnIS.
    'a maSopnIS, malopmeH raHta' wISop neH.
    Qopba'taH qagh, 'a reH nIv qaghna' yIntaHchugh.
    qompoghna' yIjab!
    ghIlab ghew tISuqQo'. belmoH ro'qegh'Iwchab
    ghIlab ghewmey wIbuSQo'.
    wa' Dol nIvDaq malopDI' maH maQapba'.
    naDev QI'lopDaq maloptaHvIS reH machuS.
    tlhInganpu' chuS law' Hoch chuS puS.
    Su'lop luSopchugh not lubuS
    QI'lop wIlopchugh reH machuS
    tlhIngan quv DatIchqu' DaneHchugh vaj Seng yIghuH,
    'ej bommeH 'ej lopmeH bogh tlhInganpu'.
    tu'HomI'raHna' vIlIng:
    voDleH neH neH neH neH'a' parbIng?
    Dap bom yIbom be'Hom!
    Dap bom mu' vIqaw vIneHqu'bogh vIbom
    'ej bom mu' vIbomtaHbogh DaH bolIjbe':
    tlhIngan SuvwI'pu' qan tu'lu'be'!

[chegh]

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    [long Klingon song]

Okay ... what does that mean?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Okay ... what does that mean?

There are no old warriors.

• Options
    janusforbearejanusforbeare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013

>D lol, thanks for sharing (and good argument). I think we've found a new anthem for the Empire!

@psycoticvulcan: You really have to click the link to fully appreciate what he posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013

OK, the forum is really starting to scare me today...:eek:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    lazarx wrote: »
    It's a bit of an oddball time to call for peace when the war itself hasn't really been played out yet.

Even during the run of TNG the Alliance itself was rather shaky and one-sided with pretty much all the concessions being given to Klingon sensitivities, and all that effort didn't seem to do anything but lead the Klingons to holding the Federation further in contempt.

And perhaps that was the problem with the Federation-Klingon Alliance... no real sharing of values,and no logical reason to keep them together.

What about the time when they needed the Fed to act as arbitor of seccesion.

What about all the hybrids out there like B'lanna Torras.My Fed tac has 15% Klingon in her.
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    age03 wrote: »
    What about the time when they needed the Fed to act as arbitor of seccesion.

What about all the hybrids out there like B'lanna Torras.My Fed tac has 15% Klingon in her.

First, was timing and clearly, a plot device from the TV show. Schlepping is what schlepping does. Hey, the script was paid for and people got to tune in. Did it make sense versus lore? No, but most of the writing in the shows wasn't to make lore solid but sell shows, commercial time, and hopefully for writers to stay employed long enough to write some more for the next season.

Hybrids just meant someone had sex. Nothing more to read into that. Maybe it was like, "I drank too much last night..." "Oops". Personal unions should not determine the fate of empires any way.

Some feddie officer: "Stop! I am 1/16th Klingon... I have so much respect for your people!"

*sounds of many disruptors firing at once*

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Heck first figure out what the war is even about. What is J'mpok's trying to achieve? Rooting out Undine? Territorial desires? Full conquest of the Federation? A simple apology from the Federation Council? A simple lust for battles to fight? From all the Path To 2409 stuff, I'm not sure what the strategic objective is, and who wages war for zero reason? Even B'vat had a reason.

The only thing I get from the history is that J'mpok was embarassed by Taris, blamed the Federation rather than admit his own mistakes, and has held a grudge ever since. Is this whole war really just one guy lashing out to hide his own insecurities?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Heck first figure out what the war is even about. What is J'mpok's trying to achieve? Rooting out Undine? Territorial desires? Full conquest of the Federation? A simple apology from the Federation Council? A simple lust for battles to fight? From all the Path To 2409 stuff, I'm not sure what the strategic objective is, and who wages war for zero reason? Even B'vat had a reason.

The only thing I get from the history is that J'mpok was embarassed by Taris, blamed the Federation rather than admit his own mistakes, and has held a grudge ever since. Is this whole war really just one guy lashing out to hide his own insecurities?

-J'mpok knows that the Federation is infiltrated by Undine. Heck, even Starfleet Inteligence knows it if you read the STO lore. So what is J'mpok & KDF suposed to do? Ofcourse that they'll wage war against a Federation lead by Undine infiltrators.
    -The Federation fleet intercepted & destroyed the KDF fleet led by Worf acting to protect the Romulans from KDF invasion after the destruction of Romulus, while the Federation was suposed to be an ally of the Klingon Empire. One thing Klingons never forget is betrayal in their eves. That's the reason they despise Romulans so much.
    -J'mpok acting as Chancellor or the Klingon Empire announced that the Empire is taking back their lost systems to the Federation in the past. In DS9, Gowron acting as Chancellor told Sisko that when the KDF is involved in war, not even he as Chancellor can put an end to it without the Klingons having a victory and conquering something. It would put and end to his honor, life and probably House as well. So peace = one of the blue or green sectors turning red.
    -And last but not least - the KDF in order to increase it's capacity and counter an ever expanding Federation has signed a list of alliances and non-agression pacts with certain species. Most prominent of them at least according to starship contribution to the KDF are the Orions & Nausicaans.
    When you talk peace, you must take into consideration the new allignment of the KDF and it not being only Klingon. Orions are marauders and Nausicaans are pirates. They attack Fed. ships & trade convoys and then hide under the protection of the KDF in Klingon space. How would peace fit them?

If these reasons are not enough I don't know what else to say. They certainly are enough for me. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If these reasons are not enough I don't know what else to say. They certainly are enough for me. :)

Those are reasons to dislike someone, to fight. (Though I completely missed the Fed-destroys-Klingon-fleet thing. If that were the case, shouldn't this conflict have started 20 years ago? Got a link?) But what is the long-term strategic objective? IS there an objective? Or is it just "I'm mad at you so I'm going to kill you" ? What is a satisfactory outcome to all of this?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure, it's a part of the lore "path to 2409" thingy I think. I'll post it when i stumble upon it again.

The way that the events have played out, I think that the KDF has two possible strategic goals in the war against the Federation.
    One would be purging the Federation of Undine, or forcing it to take action purgin them from their own ranks (which has not happened in the Federation yet, they're behaving quite ignorant I don't know why).
    The other would be establishing Klingon control & supremacy in the disputed systems that J'mpok announced the KDF is "taking back". By doing this he could preserve his honor on his word and Klingon tradition of conquest when going to war as well as revenge for the conflict in Romulan space.

Edit - I must however mention Spock's statement quoting J'mpok - "Only in war a Klingon is trully a Klingon". So as far as that goes I guess "I'm mad at you so I'm going to kill you" works for him as well. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    parkerjacobparkerjacob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the Federation, and Klingons should ally against the Undine, Borg, and Tal Shiar.

I consider both faction's skirmishes with the Tal Shiar, and assistance to the Republic a form of war.

Of course the battle with the Borg is war.

There are many threats against Klingons, Republic, and Federation, war is everywhere, therefore I consider this time of warfare GWI, Galaxy War I.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Oh, if only the rules allowed the off-colour jokes I could make off that last sentence...

What exactly is wrong with it with out the off coloured jokes ever heard of the pm system or you can come over to my boards and say this if you got the guts to?
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's dead, Jim. :rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't want to see peace between the Federation and Klingon Empire. I want to see Cryptic actually *expand* on the idea that they made to begin with.

It is Cryptic that made this game with the Federation - Klingon War in mind, shattering the alliance that persisted through all of TNG, almost all of DS9, and went right into the end of the Dominion War and beyond.

Personally, it annoyed me when STO released with the alliance shattered. But, being a Star Trek geek that I am, I do know that there is alot of potentially great war story arcs to be had. Quite a bit of Classic Trek background has to do with the wars (cold and hot) between these 2 powers, going back to TOS days.

But Cryptic has not done anything with the war and just ignored it. This includes PVP and PVE. Absolutely nothing done. The same story and background we have now is the exact same that we had when this game was released. That's how little attention this "war" has had in STO development.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They kind of are in a ceasefire by the time you start tackling Borg. There's just nothing in the game that makes it obvious besides not killing each other on sight on New Romulus.
    <3
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    It's dead, Jim. :rolleyes:

It's a ZOMBIE THREAD!!!! RUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Battlestar Galactica Online open PvP sector block.

This is what a real war should be. Like Ker'rat, but applied to every planet and system in Eta Eridani. Respawn is at K-7 or Ganalda, and you can be attacked at any time, any place.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "my fed has 15% Klingon in her"

Must resist urge.........avoid telling joke..... Must resist.....
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    "my fed has 15% Klingon in her"

Must resist urge.........avoid telling joke..... Must resist.....

That's joke is bad and you should feel bad. Should I feel bad for knowing it? I think so. Come, let me buy you a drink and we can feel bad together.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    O M G , I can't believe this thread still lives. GJ Noob, resurrecting a zombie thread isn't something I'm allowed to do.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    flyingcatmanflyingcatman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want Season 8 to wrap up the Klingon-Federation War. We do nothing but cooperate anyway, fighting Borg all the time. Both powers are helping the Romulan Republic start up. They work together all the time, just like they did back during the Dominion War. We should be brothers, fighting along side one another.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want Season 8 to wrap up the Klingon-Federation War. We do nothing but cooperate anyway, fighting Borg all the time. Both powers are helping the Romulan Republic start up. They work together all the time, just like they did back during the Dominion War. We should be brothers, fighting along side one another.

Oh yes, ...new cities, homes in the country, ...your woman at your side, children playing at your feet. And overhead, fluttering in the breeze, the flag of the Federation. Charming.
    :mad:
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    bubbafloydbubbafloyd Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't see how peace would impact me at all... when I cruise around from mission to mission its not like Klingons jump out and attack me or anything.

Frankly I would prefer if I could be attacked in subspace as I travel between systems because it would make the game more enjoyable. Right now I can travel anywhere with impunity.
    USS Texas (NCC361836) - Ambassador Class
    USS Dallas (NCC361836-A) - Defiant Class
    USS Florida (NCC361513) - Sovereign Class (Mirror)
    USS Stonewall Jackson (NCC241861) - Prometheus Class
This discussion has been closed.