test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like to see the Klingon empire at peace with the Federation?

123457»

Comments

• bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And on the other side of the border, the flag of the Empire. I don't see the problem.

I don't think anybody's suggesting the Klingons join the Federation. Just a peace treaty, like they had during TNG.

Except it gpes against the current setting of the game.
    The feds and KDF are at war, albeit a slow one, over events fostered by the KDF, feds and Iconians.
    That is the setting in which the player enters and exists as they rank up through thoer respective factions until during the course of the stories the individual player learns the truth. We are all pawns in an attempt to divide and conquer are quadrant.
    In that knowledge the player teams with others of all factions and does what needs to be done, even if the people they work for are still caught in the big deception.

We started as the eager soldier and end up the knowledgable leaders saving the day.
    Unfortunately they built the story up too slowly and while we where already here.

Our bad luck is that we already knew the ending before the meat of the story csme along.

Our factions fight. We players have the option to choose as we fit as we save the universe.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • bblbrxbblbrx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me : A huge YES !
    Just to be able to team up with some Fed friends of mine in order to "Queue Team" or share our missions.
    I'm a big PvPer and IMO Fed vs Kdf could be seen as a tactical exercice, just like Fed vs Fed.
    Cardassian "Pirate-Adventurer-Flirty" Captain Zerf "Bob" Burpoowheel
    From the impressive Star-Sloop Obsidian Shrike
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No.

Anyone who watched TNG and DS9 ought to be painfully aware that there is a great cultural divide between the Empire and the Federation, even when they are supposedly in an alliance.

There will always be conflict between the two. STO's storyline is just being honest about it.

Heck, if things have gotten to the point where even Worf doesn't want peace with the Federation, why should a KDF player?

The Federation has not acted with honor (in the STO timeline), and they do not respect Klingon ways. Let them redeem their honor or die.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    No.

Anyone who watched TNG and DS9 ought to be painfully aware that there is a great cultural divide between the Empire and the Federation, even when they are supposedly in an alliance.

There will always be conflict between the two. STO's storyline is just being honest about it.

Heck, if things have gotten to the point where even Worf doesn't want peace with the Federation, why should a KDF player?

The Federation has not acted with honor (in the STO timeline), and they do not respect Klingon ways. Let them redeem their honor or die.

Tis truth, even about worf.
    We are not speaking terms though since he will not tell me who his barber is.
    In fact many well known individuals have left the federation over differences in the PT2409 backstory.
    Most likely due to Undine infiltration the leadership of the UFP on many levels is corrupted.
    Who knows? Maybe the KDF as well.

A new KDF flavored Undine STF could be created that allows both factions to team and help reveal the Undine infiltration and manipulation in the UFP and dp something to cripple it.
    Do two infact. Both KDF themed that reveal all Undine that is in iether faction. The Romies coild play to of course but since they where near destroyed the undine could be not interested in them so as to streamline the idea.
    The Romulans could maybe get a faction storyline STF instead that is flavored to them.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Worf does want peace; he just sided with the Klingons because he doesn't agree with some of the decisions the Federation has made recently. Most recently, their dismissal of the Undine threat even after it was proven to be really serious.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dammit Jim, it's dead! :mad: :P
    No.

I didn't expect you to join in on necroing a thread bluegeek. :eek: But I like your opinion, so it's cool. :D
    I remember this discussion being very vibrant when the thread was made, but I find it funny how after a long break it has been picked up with the same enthusiasm as before.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited June 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Oh yes, ...new cities, homes in the country, ...your woman at your side, children playing at your feet. And overhead, fluttering in the breeze, the flag of the Federation. Charming.
    :mad:

Charming, indeed.

Let's not forget that some KDF players don't even friggin agree with 'helping the Romulan Republic' bit. It's never sat well with me, at least. What the KDF should be doing is helping the Reman resistance forces, helping Obisek. . .except, wait, the Reman resistance has conveniently joined forces with the Romulan Republic, despite probably having enough power to carve out their own territory and avoid having anything to do with the Romulan petaQ'pu.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
    edited June 2013
    And on the other side of the border, the flag of the Empire. I don't see the problem.

I don't think anybody's suggesting the Klingons join the Federation. Just a peace treaty, like they had during TNG.

BAH! The Klingon Empire has had a bellyful of 'peace'. We've had 'peace' while the Federation continues to passive-aggressively expand its territory and sap Klingon warriors of their mettle! Our warriors now spend more time drinking warnog, getting fat, and opening restaurants than they spend in glorious battle in the name of the Empire!

The Empire will not be lulled into its death sleep by the insidious peacemongering of the Federation, only to be absorbed by them.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
    edited June 2013
    Worf does want peace; he just sided with the Klingons because he doesn't agree with some of the decisions the Federation has made recently. Most recently, their dismissal of the Undine threat even after it was proven to be really serious.

And it is this dismissal that has led the Empire to rightfully believe it cannot rely on the Federation to assist its ally. The Klingon Empire has answered the Federation's calls for assistance in the past, but the Federation drags its heels or outright refuses when they are asked to commit ships into a battle situation. They are more than happy to distribute smooth words and platitudes and lull strong, independent civilizations into a stupor, however.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are Borg in Omega Leonis. There are Borg on Quo'Nos's doorstep. Tal Shiar(We assume, otherwise the Empire has some apologising to do), Cardassians+Jem'Hadar, and even the Feds. As good as it is for Dilithium, it shows that the Empire needs to get it's house in order.

Further to this, all sides have been manipulated by the Undine into this in the first place. Why are we doing what they want again? Then there's the Iconians coming. And the Tholians are doing what they do.

There's more trouble coming that may require an alliance(Things like Omega force and Nukara are first steps, as are the Republic. The problem is pride, mistrust beyond even manipulations, and an inability on both sides to let go.

Plus Jiro. NOBODY wants to ally with that guy. Long as he exists it'll never end. I imagine he bothers a lot of people on all sides.

Regardless, I feel there are reasons for alliance.
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Time of death: 02-14-2013, 11:31 PM
    Zombie revival: 06-08-2013, 08:51 PM

Lol, mass necro-thread... but anyway... I say no to peace. Which is funny, in real life, I am pretty peace and love. But, here in STO: Let loose the dogs of war!!!!!!

For me, the fed/KDF war is the backbone of the game as far as a story engine. After all, they did push RRW players to choose an ally so that this plot remains. However, they really need to make it hot...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you take the nummber of Fed Cpts vs Kling Cpts the Klingons already lost the War! ...
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ussberlin wrote: »
    If you take the nummber of Fed Cpts vs Kling Cpts the Klingons already lost the War! ...

If you take the number of KDF capns scoring kills vs Fed Capns in PvP on an average day, the Feds have already lost :P

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PVP who plays PVP maybe 1% off all STO Players ...
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • coldicephoenixcoldicephoenix Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ussberlin wrote: »
    PVP who plays PVP maybe 1% off all STO Players ...

Exactly.. which is why we cant take the number of captains on each faction as a basis for who can win the war..

We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think you'll find that if there was peace and/or an absorption of the Empire into the peace loving Federation, that STO would lose a lot of KDF players, some may say well it's only 20%, but a loss of 20% is a big hit to a gaming company especially in this economic climate, where it's hard enough for games to survive when people are clamping down on their expenses and expenditures and the first thing to usual go is luxilarties such as gaming.

Considering that the Klingons are one of the big 3 in the Star Trek Universe, it's really shameful how poorly they have been covered, same with the Romulans. Well to be honest the Federation is more like the Terran Empire in this game too, so they did a poor job on all 3 factions. I keep saying this game should have been set in the Mirror Universe with the Terran Empire, klingon/Cardassian Alliance and Romulans Star Empire. Would of made a better atmosphere for the boom boom and pew pew missions Cryptic seems to want to bring to all three factions. The Federation should have had the puzzle solving and diplomatic missions the Klingons the honour combat missions and the Romulans playing both sides against the middle missions, each faction getting their core missions based on their principles and feel from the series and movies.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    Dammit Jim, it's dead!

I didn't expect you to join in on necroing a thread bluegeek. But I like your opinion, so it's cool.
    I remember this discussion being very vibrant when the thread was made, but I find it funny how after a long break it has been picked up with the same enthusiasm as before.

Oops. :o

In my defense, the gap was like 4 pages back. But yeah, Mods make mistakes too.

So... I'm warning myself.

[Pulsewave Forum Phaser Mk XIV [+Mod][-Necro]]

ZAP!

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to post in an existing active topic or to start a new thread on the topic if there are no active topics already.

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.