test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like to see the Klingon empire at peace with the Federation?

diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Klingon Discussion
We often see people asking for a peace agreement between the Empire and the Federation on other subforums. Most of those why say yes are Fed players though. But what we, KDF players, would like to see? And how would you react if peace was forced upon the faction without the agreement of KDF players, if the majority was opposed to that?

I would say no. And not a small no. A huge no way, not now and not ever. Because most of the background of the KDF is war and signing peace doesn't sound fun for the future of the faction.
Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
Post edited by diogene0 on

Comments

• nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't see how our existing game experience -at any level- would change one bit if we were officially "at peace", so meh?
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    We often see people asking for a peace agreement between the Empire and the Federation on other subforums. Most of those why say yes are Fed players though. But what we, KDF players, would like to see?

I'd like to see more separation. More war. More story built upon that idea. More about the Undine. More about how the KDF knew the Undine were infiltrating but the Federation was too weak to stop them.

But that requires doing a lot of work that the current team isn't prepared to do.
    And how would you react if peace was forced upon the faction without the agreement of KDF players, if the majority was opposed to that?

Some very narrow minded quotes from DStahl and others in the past have indicated that the KDF is such a tiny minority of the playerbase that even the majority of this minority don't hold much sway with development decisions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure we could actually tell the difference.

From a player PvP perspective the war is a joke. There is no "war goals" PvP or campain.
    There is no territory or star systems changing hands. Basicly all the "war" is, is a story plot item that doesn't really seem to do a whole lot for the player experience.

Before peace, could we please actually have a war?

I'm Klingon where my war, I was told there was a war, and I showed up now where is it.. I WILL NOT BE CHEATED!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well would it matter? kdf have few content missions between them and feds in this war kerrat could stay as a testing grounds for feds and kdf to test weapons against each other and the borg like they do now keep the pvp queues but as training against each other finally might be able to have kdf and fed teams for things such as nukara defera new romulus finding other kdf is rather hard.
    the war itself what war is my question? we walk by each other on ds9 if this was a real war we should be trying to siege it lines of bortasqu raptos b'rel's blasting chuncks out of it we should be able to enter federation space and raid transports shoot them disable them board them not like the path of the warrior attacking them beaming up things. whatever happened to good old boarding partys dont shoot till you see the fear in there eyes kinda party:D
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why not make it like it was in TOS? No official peace treaty between them, but the two governments are 'peaceful and diplomatic' towards each other. But when the two sides meet out in the vastness of space, it nearly always ends up in some kind of fight. That keeps the pvp alive and the so called war story that never really did anything is put to rest. Heck, with Task Force Omega, New Romulus, and the fact it was all B'Vat as the antagonist in the klingon campaign, it seemed it was more like it was only his house that declared war anyway.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It does matter. Peace would mean that the fed & kdf content would be even more similar. I mean it's already a copy-paste job but it could be worse. War means you can't cooperate with Feds. Which is good from my point of view.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • ooiueooiue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This was asked and answered during dstahls Q/A the other day.
    YZCO 1@yzco: Will the Klingon Empire and the Federation make peace?

<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Will there be peace? Maybe - but something has to present an opportunity for peace - we are a ways from that right now

So that basically means, something has to happen first before the Klingon Empire accepts peace. Makes sense to me :)

And I for one don't want the peace to end, for storyline and/or gameplay reasons
    Play my missions on Holodeck!
    Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
    Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
    Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't mind a peace, but the Federation would have to pay up! I want the dress I already payed Zen for, and all their boots!
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sardizasardiza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If it means I can queue any of the PvE 20-man missions and not wait an eternity... then yea, sure, whatever, PEACE!

Still gonna take prisoners and sell 'em off to Slavers tho.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    # 1 Would you like to see the Klingon empire at peace with the Federation?
    Big YES!
    As long as the Game doesn't stop with it.

Seriously i think there are way more possible storys in a combined Klingon/Federation alliance than a simple war between them. In my opinion Star Trek was at its best when the heroes where trying to prevent wars. But that's just my opinion, many fans are thrilled about war stories and endless killing.

Since the borg are not more than a minor scourge in STO, i think they need a real threatening enemy, like the iconians maybe. I think it would be cool if they could conquer sector blocks and we (the players) would get real disadvantages of it. So the recapture of those areas would be something everyone would be interested in.

As long as Cryptic doesn't make the same mistakes as the producers of Voyager did with the Borg, i think it could become quite interesting.

I absolutely hate the Galaxy class BOFF & Console layout.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    J'mpok started the war, and I'm under the DISTINCT impression that he's been replaced by a qa'meH quv, or Undine, so I think that we should kill J'mpok as a KDF and then have his successor make peace with the Federation to protect the galaxy.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To offer Klingons safe haven within Federation space is suicide. Klingons would become the alien trash of the galaxy.
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    To offer Klingons safe haven within Federation space is suicide. Klingons would become the alien trash of the galaxy.

In another time and place I might agree with Admiral Cartwright:eek:
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It does matter. Peace would mean that the fed & kdf content would be even more similar. I mean it's already a copy-paste job but it could be worse. War means you can't cooperate with Feds. Which is good from my point of view.
    But we are already cooperating. We're cooperating against the Borg. We're cooperating on New Romulus. We're cooperating in Deferi space.
    With new temporary ceasefires being established every other week, you can't get anything done, strategically, rendering the war completely pointless. So they might as well just call it off and give us both someone else to fight.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1. First of all, you have to define what "peace" means in game when asking this?

2. Spock: "J'mpok, the Chancellor of the High Council traded diplomacy for the tip of a blade. Only in battle, J'mpok says, is a Klingon trully a Klingon."
    J'mpok says this over many times in the game. I do not see any way for peace while he's the Chancellor. We can have a Klingon FE that revolves around the Klingon politics and the Great Houses that would lead to J'mpok's demise. That way we can get rid of the Duras and his Romulan care bears once for all in STO. Maybe the nex chancellor would be diplomatic. War is over, but KDF players get a nice FE explaining why. That'd be ok.

3.My personal opinion - we should stay at war. Maybe it's just me, but everyone being at the same side just doesn't seem quite natural for me in a MMO. Any game needs more diversity and I'm afraid that if the only two factions in game are at peace and have the same cause it's going to become even more stale.

4.And finally, the war is not about the Undine any more. It is still a big part, but has grown into something much bigger than that. The KDF & Fed. fleets clashed when KDF was trying to invade Romulan space. Martok and Worf were even blamed of having no honor and being Fed. puppets that lead the Klingon warriors to slaughter on purpose. This was the base for J'mpok's oportunity to claim the trone.
    Klingons also announced that they're taking back their old territories form the Federation.
    If I remember correctly, in DS9 Gowron told Sisko that even he as Chancellor can't end the war without the Klingons having a victory. So, unless some of those blue or green squares on the map turn red, I really don't see a logical explanation for peace. Not even the Iconians since even today KDF & Fed. are fighting the Borg togehter, but we're at "war".
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of the many reasons for the KDF/Fed war the greatest and most ignored is the simple fact that the Federation essentially spat on the Khittomer Accords when the Empire requested aid in their war with the Gorn when they had evidence of Undine infiltration. The Federation ignored that evidence and assumed that the High Council was jumping at shadows as they did before the Dominion War with the fight with Cardassia.

The Federation has made no effort, no gesture whatsoever to correct this and now it is much too late. In the eyes of the Empire those that lead the Federation are honorless, holding no value or respect in the alliances they make.

It will take something significant on the side of the Federation in order for peace to even be considered by the Empire. The last time it took the utter destruction of Qo'nos's moon and the environmental fallout and threat of extinction to bring the Empire to the negotiating table.

There are the Organians but you saw how well that actually worked out.
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No peace in our time.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Given all the mission content thus far it all really points to a FED V KDF war which has run it's course if you can call it a full scale war. The 2 sides have had skirmishes in the past and 2409 isn't much different.

The Federation have enough problems and never wanted the war.

KDF admit that Iconian and Undine plus the Borg are really a greater threat than the Federation could be not to mention the Feklri.

Already a joint faction to fight the Borg.

Joint ops helping the Romulans and Remans neither using the Romulans to get one up on the other. The KDF previously invaded the Romulan Empire with Federation intervention which nearly caused a war there and then, now they work together.

The point of the war in the first place is completely outdated. It's all stems from Undine involvement and this is a repeat of the Changeling/DS9 scenario which the Fed and KDF had a spat over something someone else caused. They realised that they couldn't keep it up and should work together to weed out the real enemy.

Really the logical development of this story (which has happened in the tv shows) is there will be ceasefire/fragile truce although both sides will be weary/cautious and a few skirmishes might break out. Undine will try to undermine them but this in itself will reveal them. Just watch DS9 seasons 4-7 for what is a very similar storyline.
  • theillusivenmantheillusivenman Member Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In my humble opinion, we as players wouldn't see that much of a difference.

Still, for story purposes, I'd like the story to encompass the war over Romulans with each side trying to get them on their side and promptly end with advances of the Iconians upon our galaxy. I'd see that as a big enough reason to put the hostilities aside, at least for the time until the Iconian threat has been dealt with. So, in that sense, no to peace now, yes to peace in future season(s). :)
    5980291nyfcc.png
    "Reality is a thing of the past."
    Proud supporter of equality for all human beings.
  • user839020189287user839020189287 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure we could actually tell the difference.

From a player PvP perspective the war is a joke. There is no "war goals" PvP or campain.
    There is no territory or star systems changing hands. Basicly all the "war" is, is a story plot item that doesn't really seem to do a whole lot for the player experience.

Before peace, could we please actually have a war?

I'm Klingon where my war, I was told there was a war, and I showed up now where is it.. I WILL NOT BE CHEATED!

Agree fully!

More War, Please!

TRIBBLE the PVP queue bull****, too.

Let us lay waste to systems. Think bigger than Ker'rat.

Open Galaxy warfare now!

P.S.

KDF-only STFs, too!

I hate being teamed up with feddies so much that I do not do STFs any more.
    "Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013

P.S.

KDF-only STFs, too!

I hate being teamed up with feddies so much that I do not do STFs any more.

The last time there were KDF only STF the KDF scream to have joint since they never could find enough players to do them....since Fleet actions on the KDF are also kinda low, I doubt they will make KDF only STF.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited February 2013
    There should be Peace....it would not change anything...PVP wise would be a big NATO exercise, as for the story, the peace would take place at the end game part of the story line.

I mean really this is not even a War, we already put stuff aside for the Borg, Dominion, and Romulans...this is not a War its a joke.

but if we do get peace, it should be an epic FE arc leading up to it, and from different prospective...FED get their own, and KDF get their own and the last Episode brings them together.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • user839020189287user839020189287 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    The last time there were KDF only STF the KDF scream to have joint since they never could find enough players to do them....since Fleet actions on the KDF are also kinda low, I doubt they will make KDF only STF.

Why don't they have more Ker'rat-ish zones with STF rewards?

Queuing up for instanced TRIBBLE is what really turns me off to no end.

Would much rather go to where the action is and duke it out versus getting in line like we are at Wal-Mart.

Well, it's no wonder the KDF population is low and that's not the Klingon Playerbase's fault.

*cough* cryptic *cough*

I got so disgusted when the feddies cried for FvF PVP that I quit. Being in "The PVP faction" then seeing that dumb move was more than enough justification for me to bounce the **** outta here.

Came back because I missed being in the KDF.

Haven't queued since but am gearing up to hit Ker'rat and make some feddie cry.

Qapla'!
    "Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Came back because I missed being in the KDF.

Haven't queued since but am gearing up to hit Ker'rat and make some feddie cry.

Qapla'!

Qapla' warrior! Send those toDSaH to Gre'thor! :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think that you're supposed to assume there's a small ceasefire by the time you get to Gamma Orionis and an uneasy peace by the time you get to New Romulus.

But this is one of those "Whoops! Didn't you get the memo about the story? We put it up on the washroom door." things that Cryptic has an unfortunate tendency to do, methinks.
    <3
    edited February 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    I think that you're supposed to assume there's a small ceasefire by the time you get to Gamma Orionis and an uneasy peace by the time you get to New Romulus.

But this is one of those "Whoops! Didn't you get the memo about the story? We put it up on the washroom door." things that Cryptic has an unfortunate tendency to do, methinks.

When you go to Gamma Orionis, you can ask why the KDF fleet is there, and the Borg andorian tells you that there is a cease fire while the Borg threat is here.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    When you go to Gamma Orionis, you can ask why the KDF fleet is there, and the Borg andorian tells you that there is a cease fire while the Borg threat is here.

Oh, you read the other dialog options?

You eager beaver, you! ;)
    <3
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Its not that really care, its that I do not wish to be forced into a peace just because a group of the fed fanbase wants to be at peace with the KDF.
    Add to that I certainly do not wish for a fed/KDF peace if its just an excuse for the feds to have a means of being able to fly our ships as a fed.

I would be fine if we players had a war between the faction that matches the STO back story in the lower ranks and slowly gets moved to an uneasy cease-fire in the storyline at endgame to battle the greater foe.

The STO has a great reason why we are at odds and it needs to have more focus in the lower end of the game.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Of the many reasons for the KDF/Fed war the greatest and most ignored is the simple fact that the Federation essentially spat on the Khittomer Accords when the Empire requested aid in their war with the Gorn when they had evidence of Undine infiltration. The Federation ignored that evidence and assumed that the High Council was jumping at shadows as they did before the Dominion War with the fight with Cardassia.

The Federation has made no effort, no gesture whatsoever to correct this and now it is much too late. In the eyes of the Empire those that lead the Federation are honorless, holding no value or respect in the alliances they make..

All of this os true. The KDF took action and was rebuked by the Undine infiltrated feds. The KDF decided to take the "standard fed" approach of "doing for the good of the galaxy" anyways. The game needs to focus on the feds being infiltrated and have the KDF as the rough but take-action hero against the Undine.

It would make for some great KDF flavored STFs.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The way it currently is, they might as well make peace. As other have mentioned, there is no war going on as it is. Feds and Klings zipping through each others space with DI/RP, fighting every threat out there together, helping the Romulans, using the same chat, same auction houses etc...

Let them make peace, but keep the location restrictions as they currently are, so that ESD doesn't get overrun with KDF characters and vice versa.
This discussion has been closed.