test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Lifetime Subscriber Perk (NW Beta*)

Comments

• sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    solomace wrote: »
    Ahh, the more things change, the more they stay the same...

From Cryptic's PR site -

"To tempt people into shedding some cash up front, Cryptic is prepared to dangle guaranteed beta invites to those who purchase a $60 or $200 pre-order Founder's Pack"

Not confident in your game Cryptic?

Marvels doing the same me things...

Given the past history of their other games at launch, I'm also justifiably skeptical of the game myself. I'll probably try the beta when I get my invite though.

As to the offers, they get an meh response from me.
  • markiisbestmarkiisbest Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    YAAAAAAAY I paid 299 to get access to a Beta... that has nothing to do with the Lifetime Perks towards Star Trek Online. Yayyy.. Betas which every other company lets you in for FREEEE... yay.. Ya know typically I have no problems with the stuff you have given us. But Seriously.. BETA access to ANOTHER GAME should not be a LIFETIME perk for a game called STAR TREK ONLINE. Something that Actually counts towards STAR TREK ONLINE ( and no foundry options coming out of neverwinter DO NOT COUNT). A Temporary perk in a way to troll in members who have dedicated themselves to your company is not a Real perk. It is a way for you to try to troll in Life time members to testing out your future cash cow that will most likely Get more Attention in the future then STO. All of your competitors Give Beta testing out to those interested, To those that DO NOT have to dole out 299/199 for a preview access.

I TOTALY AGREE im not being funny but I like startrek online if I wanted a beta id go a look for one I want a perk not to beta test a crappy game I have no interest in criptic sort your stuff out man your making this game worse and before long your gona loos all lifetime players like me. ow and bye the way thaks for stoping us farming ec cus now we have to spend money to really get anyware in the game and you give us all this new content that needs dillith to buy it and wow you havnt uped the dillith refineing wy cus you want to rob us some more sorry all getting stressed cus thay are stuffing the game up slowly but surly
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not too happy that STO LTSers aren't included in the first beta weekend.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• shrapne11shrapne11 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    NW's beta dates have now been announed:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/news/read/26659/Neverwinter-Beta-Weekends-and-Founders-Packs-Detailed.html

So when will STO and Champs LT subs get the NW beta keys they were promised?

MWO did the same thing... I will not pay for a game that is not finished, in fact I never buy games that I don't at least get to Demo first. I have shucked out too many dollars for pigs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    NW's beta dates have now been announed:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/news/read/26659/Neverwinter-Beta-Weekends-and-Founders-Packs-Detailed.html

So when will STO and Champs LT subs get the NW beta keys they were promised?

According to the NW forums not until the second beta weekend.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2013
    If you're a lifetime subscriber to STO, the Neverwinter team has announced your Closed Beta dates! Details: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited January 2013
    Beta weekends? Seriously? How about some love for those of us who are at work Friday through Sunday. :mad:
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can wait 'til March. Hopefully my ESO beta application doesn't interfere though. Sorry but between the two, I'll roll Elder Scrolls before Neverwinter any day. <_<

That is assuming I get in at all.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, but I don't think I'll try yet another fantasy MMO. The market is just saturated with them and I find them all unoriginal. Also, not appreciating PWE box/grind/dilithium strategy in STO.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is a Neverwinter?
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What is a Neverwinter?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/about
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know much about MMOs. The only one I have played other than this one is Lord of the Rings Online.

So is this Neverwinter basically a knock off of Lord Of the Rings like World of Werecraft?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Apparently to get access Feb 8, you need to purchase the Hero of the North Founder's pack which costs $60 or Guardian of Neverwinter which costs $200. So these items are not currently available, but will be available by Feb. 8 or else no one is getting to play it on Feb. 8. This is what the packs contain.
    Neverwinter bounder's pack: $10, valued at $49, does not grant beta access
    - Adventurer?s Helper Pack containing six different types of in-game items
    - Small Bag of Holding for 12 extra inventory slots
    - Amulet of Protection item

Guardian of Neverwinter Pack: $60, valued at $149, grants entry to three beta weekends
    - Three-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta
    - Unique Gold Moonstone Mask Regalia head piece
    - Unique Armored Horse mount
    - Unique Direwolf Companion
    - In-game and forum Founder title

Hero of the North Founder's Pack: $200, valued at $549, grants entry to three beta weekends
    - Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta
    - Beta Weekend Friend Invite code
    - Exclusive access to Menzoberranzan Renegade, a Drow playable race like the legendary ranger Drizzt Do'Urden, complete with unique racial abilities and tattoo
    - Unique Armored Spider mount
    - Unique Panther Companion
    - In-game and forum Founder title
    - VIP Game Access to skip-the-line and get priority log-in access

I assume that some of these items will eventually be on the Neverwinter's version of the C-Store since it says that they are valued at a certain price. Will be interesting to see what these items look like before getting them.

I will be playing this in March so I can see what potential STO's Foundry will get when they finally transfer it over since the devs have said that customizable ship interiors will be based on Neverwinter's Foundry Tech.
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can't wait...for Orcish Lockboxes. When is ESO being released?
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Definitely need more information on this as that ad tells me absolutely nothing.

Obviously we would assume that that is a lifetime sub type of thing else why would it be so expensive, in which case we need to see a matrix of who gets what? Otherwise, $200 for a species, panther and a spider seems a bit much. That combined with PWE's current habit of shoving everything half decent in a lockbox or store which is for the fruits of a gamble (lobi) or through a terrible grind (dilithium) would certainly put me off buying a big pack for that game.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I just got the email, and no where do the packages say lifetime membership, i dont think they will add them to any new games. They are just bonus packages.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't know much about MMOs. The only one I have played other than this one is Lord of the Rings Online.

So is this Neverwinter basically a knock off of Lord Of the Rings like World of Werecraft?

Neverwinter is a Dungeons and Dragons world.
    edited January 2013
    Considering that Neverwinter is a PWE game, then Neverwinter will be F2P with no subscription. Only reason why CO and STO have subscribers is due to the lifetime subscription. While the $200 bundle has some perks that are associated with subscriptions like priority access, it is not a lifetime subscription.
  • goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Star trek Online said lifers would get access to the Neverwinter Beta. Well as far as I know no Star Trek lifer has gotton a invite. I only bring this becouse Neverwinters beta starts Feb 8th
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
  • jonpark020979jonpark020979 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    well i don't know if i would even think of downloading this all i know is they are going to releases season 8 with this games main launch, so now we have atleast an idea when the next season of STO will be released
  • milkmanmhocmilkmanmhoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im interested in neverwinter also, and liked that they added the beta access as a lifer perk. I have not seen a key come in via mail, and i went looking again this morning after getting the mass email about the founder packs. So... where is my key? :)
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,881 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Considering that Neverwinter is a PWE game, then Neverwinter will be F2P with no subscription. Only reason why CO and STO have subscribers is due to the lifetime subscription. While the $200 bundle has some perks that are associated with subscriptions like priority access, it is not a lifetime subscription.

Spending about $200 in items and no life sub...that's a recipe for disaster...heard some other MMOs going with that same business plan (ie SWTOR) and look where they're now..even F2P has deserted them. On the other hand ..EVE is agreat success. However, dont think NWN will be ever be an EVE online...won't touch it with a pole for what it looks like another money sinkhole...just my IMO :D
    DUwNP.gif

• bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Star trek Online said lifers would get access to the Neverwinter Beta. Well as far as I know no Star Trek lifer has gotton a invite. I only bring this becouse Neverwinters beta starts Feb 8th

If you actually checked the Neverwinter forums, you'd know that the first wave of Beta will primarily be the people buying these packs, Lifers get in on the Second wave of Beta invites.
    edited January 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    If you actually checked the Neverwinter forums, you'd know that the first wave of Beta will primarily be the people buying these packs, Lifers get in on the Second wave of Beta invites.

Exactly. We have another month to go to get our beta invite. So either pay $60 or $200 to get beta access next week with a few benefits or wait till March where there will be two beta weekends. There might be more closed beta weekend tests, but that is the schedule for now.
  • goldendharmnygoldendharmny Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The spider mount looks cool but I am not going to pay 200$USD for it. I am sure there many people how will. If they had somekind of a Lifetime like STO I would think about it but just access to beta, not me.
    "Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can't wait...for Tiefling Lockboxes.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    this is it?

one weekend, maybe two?

sorry i'm not downloading multiple GBs for your *stresstest* and *datamining* and i barely get a look at the thing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    this is it?

one weekend, maybe two?

sorry i'm not downloading multiple GBs for your *stresstest* and *datamining* and i barely get a look at the thing...

Closed betas ere rarely 24/7. STO's 2009 beta ran a couple of 2 to 4 hour sessions (they grew from 2 to 4 as the closed beta progressed), one on Thursday - followed by another on Saturday - and they usually had the client ready for you to download the day before a session. STO beta didn't really go 24/7 until the open beta hit.

Just saying.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Spending about $200 in items and no life sub...that's a recipe for disaster...heard some other MMOs going with that same business plan (ie SWTOR) and look where they're now..even F2P has deserted them. On the other hand ..EVE is agreat success. However, dont think NWN will be ever be an EVE online...won't touch it with a pole for what it looks like another money sinkhole...just my IMO :D

You cannot compare it to SWTOR, for one, that game has the crapest F2P model I've seen in a long while. Also, why would they give a life sub for a game that doesn't have subs? Personally I like the looks of the offers they have for Neverwinter, I'm seriously considering picking one up, but would like to try the game first.
    Closed betas ere rarely 24/7. STO's 2009 beta ran a couple of 2 to 4 hour sessions (they grew from 2 to 4 as the closed beta progressed), one on Thursday - followed by another on Saturday - and they usually had the client ready for you to download the day before a session. STO beta didn't really go 24/7 until the open beta hit.

Just saying.

Yeah exactly, a lot of people seem to have strange views of what constitutes a closed beta period for MMOs.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    this is it?

one weekend, maybe two?

I was actually reasonably excited about the beta until I read your comment and found that I agreed with it. /pass