test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Lifetime Subscriber Perk (NW Beta*)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited March 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be gaining access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

UPDATE: If you're a lifetime subscriber to STO, the Neverwinter team has announced your Closed Beta dates! Details: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    Does this mean that Neverwinter is any closer to actually going to beta? Because some of us have been waiting for that for a while...
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Your version of "perk" is ****
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I remember the original Neverwinter nights, this might actually be fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    *squees happily*

I've wanted in this beta so I'm VERY excited!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Even scarier i squeed in real life and once again, scared everyone around me. I gotta stop doing that.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    YAAAAAAAY I paid 299 to get access to a Beta... that has nothing to do with the Lifetime Perks towards Star Trek Online. Yayyy.. Betas which every other company lets you in for FREEEE... yay.. Ya know typically I have no problems with the stuff you have given us. But Seriously.. BETA access to ANOTHER GAME should not be a LIFETIME perk for a game called STAR TREK ONLINE. Something that Actually counts towards STAR TREK ONLINE ( and no foundry options coming out of neverwinter DO NOT COUNT). A Temporary perk in a way to troll in members who have dedicated themselves to your company is not a Real perk. It is a way for you to try to troll in Life time members to testing out your future cash cow that will most likely Get more Attention in the future then STO. All of your competitors Give Beta testing out to those interested, To those that DO NOT have to dole out 299/199 for a preview access.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    WOW thanks for a really great perk.
    If i wasn't a lifer already i'd sign up now .

*note insert heavy sarcasm at such a great Sto lifer perk where needed*
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    YAAAAAAAY I paid 299 to get access to a Beta... that has nothing to do with the Lifetime Perks towards Star Trek Online. Yayyy.. Betas which every other company lets you in for FREEEE... yay.. Ya know typically I have no problems with the stuff you have given us. But Seriously.. BETA access to ANOTHER GAME should not be a LIFETIME perk for a game called STAR TREK ONLINE. Something that Actually counts towards STAR TREK ONLINE ( and no foundry options coming out of neverwinter DO NOT COUNT). A Temporary perk in a way to troll in members who have dedicated themselves to your company is not a Real perk. It is a way for you to try to troll in Life time members to testing out your future cash cow that will most likely Get more Attention in the future then STO. All of your competitors Give Beta testing out to those interested, To those that DO NOT have to dole out 299/199 for a preview access.

Do you remember STO Closed Beta? People who bought LTS to Champs got closed beta access to STO as a perk. They then opened up access to others without making them pay. I'm sure the same thing will happen here.
    jfsig02.png
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    poison wrote: »
    Do you remember STO Closed Beta? People who bought LTS to Champs got closed beta access to STO as a perk. They then opened up access to others without making them pay. I'm sure the same thing will happen here.

I was just thinking the same thing.
  • dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I did not pay for a LTS to CO to play STO beta. There is a reason why I did not drop Cash 2 years ago on STO and I stayed with EVE ONLINE. Tho I did drop the cash recently (before things started going to absolute hell and MULTIPLE dev's started jumping ship (( all saying it has nothing to do with the situation)) which I did expect. Happened to Blizzard, happens to EA. New companies take over Devs jump). Give us a real Perk to pay for LTS because currently Everything you for the most part offer LTS and even GOLDS.. Can be easily recieved by spending 15$ for the one month of gold and grinding your characters to max before it expires.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Cool. Thanks. I'm good with that although some STO perks past 1000 days would be cool too.
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • therealaridanstherealaridans Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    poison wrote: »

@TheRealCyberelf says; Ouch there....*snicker*
  • chaddy18chaddy18 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    One cannot wait!!!!!!!
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hey thats cool, im not as big a dnd fan as i am a star trek fan but it will be cool being one of the first to try it out.
  • forjoatinxanforjoatinxan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Considering that Neverwinter seems to be the driving force behind tech updates to STO, I think this is a pretty cool thing.

And if you're a foundry author, you'll WANT to be in this.

I'll check it out for sure, and help as much as my time allows.

-Forjo
    My oldest post (that I can find)
    Former Cryptic User #11424
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Technically this isn't a LTS perk.

Anyone w/o an LTS to STO can get this so unless you're saying ONLY STO/CO LTS holders are gonna be able to test it then it's not a perk. It's an opportunity.

A perk would be double Fleet Marks or a daily Fleet Mark earning option for LTS holders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ooooohhh... Mmmhhh! :eek:

It's a SIGN!

...and I approve!!! :biggrin:
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My interest in Neverwinter is lies primarily in the tech being developed for it so it can be brought back to STO. IE, Foundry and customizable ship/starbase interiors.

Other than that, thanks for the beta access! I want this game to be out soon (so we can have better tech in STO soon)!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, I for one am always happy to get something for nothing :biggrin:

I paid for my LTS when the game went live over 2 years ago, so I've had my monies worth out of it and some... so, getting something else for my LTS when I didn't even ask / care or know is a plus for me.

I wasn't going to play NWO but hey, free is free so I will give it a go :biggrin:

Thanks to who ever cheered me up by giving me something free :biggrin:
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For the low, low price of $200 I could have access to a game I care nothing about!!

WOO-HOO!!!
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So let me get this straight....

Cryptic wants LTS to test another game instead of playing STO, you know....the game they bought the LTS for?

Wtf happened to logic sinse the merge with our Overlords?
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Trekker please. Giving beta access to a new game within the same publishing portfolio is not a new idea. It is what it is, a perk.

You get to try out this NW dealy while the rest of us plebs will have to wait for open beta.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • suburbanz71suburbanz71 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks @cerealman, I'm looking forward to it, it looks amazing, another MMO to add to my list to play.

1. 1997-2004, UO = Ultima Online.
    2. 2004-2010, WOW = World Of War craft.
    3. 2010-2012, STO = Star Trek Online.
    4. 2010-2012, LOTRO = Lord Of The Rings Online.
    U.S.S. HONDA ODYSSEY NCC-170001-F-Odyssey Class
    Commanding Officer: Vice Admiral Maximus@blueamdgamer
    Dedication Plaque: "By Any Means Necessary" -Malcolm X
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thank you, but I would really appreciate a perk for Star Trek Online. You know, the game I bought the Lifetime for.
  • kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    Thank you, but I would really appreciate a perk for Star Trek Online. You know, the game I bought the Lifetime for.

I am forced to agree with my esteemed colleage...:biggrin:

I have zero interest in NW...
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I did not pay for a LTS to CO to play STO beta. There is a reason why I did not drop Cash 2 years ago on STO and I stayed with EVE ONLINE. Tho I did drop the cash recently (before things started going to absolute hell and MULTIPLE dev's started jumping ship (( all saying it has nothing to do with the situation)) which I did expect. Happened to Blizzard, happens to EA. New companies take over Devs jump). Give us a real Perk to pay for LTS because currently Everything you for the most part offer LTS and even GOLDS.. Can be easily recieved by spending 15$ for the one month of gold and grinding your characters to max before it expires.

So wait until they start letting in people that aren't LTS? I personally will never use mine as I refuse to play another PWE game, and that was before they bought out the game I tried to escape to in order to get away from them.
    nyiad wrote: »
    So let me get this straight....

Cryptic wants LTS to test another game instead of playing STO, you know....the game they bought the LTS for?

Wtf happened to logic sinse the merge with our Overlords?

Since they did the exact same thing with the launch of STO... It seems just like their logic is exactly the same as it's always been?
    jfsig02.png
  • suburbanz71suburbanz71 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Gotta LOL @ all the none LTS whining about this.
    U.S.S. HONDA ODYSSEY NCC-170001-F-Odyssey Class
    Commanding Officer: Vice Admiral Maximus@blueamdgamer
    Dedication Plaque: "By Any Means Necessary" -Malcolm X
  • kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Folks complaining about something free. Glad to see even if the boards change the posts from the users don't.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Gotta LOL @ all the none LTS whining about this

No one is whining about it.

Giving people closed beta access to people who paid $300 for a completely unrelated game, and then claiming it can be called a perk of a lifetime account is absurd. It makes about as much sense as a submarine with screen doors.

If they want to give people access who paid for the account thats fine, but don't go calling it a 'new lifetime perk' That just insults peoples intelligence
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Make it MWO access and you'd have something.
    edited June 2012
    Sweet

That works for me