What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Lifetime Subscriber Perk (NW Beta*)

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    3 Gigs? My god.

I know its shocking, I was expecting it to be at least 10.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »

Well, that's the size of the base install files - I'm sure once you've run the install routine, and connect, they'll be some more patching.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, that's the size of the base install files - I'm sure once you've run the install routine, and connect, they'll be some more patching.

There is a bit more patching. But after playing in the first Beta Weekend and getting up to level 26, my NW install in is at 4.63 GB.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    3 Gigs? My god.
    dirlettia wrote: »

Heh...

I was trying for a bit of 'dramatic license' there. :P

Stupid thing is, on a good day I'd have it DL'd in about an hour...

With the crappy internetz today, I'm only up to 62% after an hour and a half.

:(
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Heh...

I was trying for a bit of 'dramatic license' there. :P

Stupid thing is, on a good day I'd have it DL'd in about an hour...

With the crappy internetz today, I'm only up to 62% after an hour and a half.

:(

I'm at 4% :P
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Spent the weekend playing DDO's Forgotten Realms expansion. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Welp, since ESO didn't get back to me... *starts the torrent version*

EDIT: SEED YOU HONORLESS PETAQ'S
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Welp, since ESO didn't get back to me...

They're not going to start sending out invites until the end of the month.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The problem with getting access when the weekend starts is that we have only downloaded half the game since the patches are only available through the launcher. So we will have to waste a few hours of valuable beta testing downloading the rest of the game. Having access earlier will allow us to download most of the game and only have to download the most recent patch.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They're not going to start sending out invites until the end of the month.

Oh good, then I can do both! If ESO lets me in.
    edited March 2013
    I started watching the Extended versions of LotR this week...

I finished the third one today. Still quite impressive.

That's why I decided to DL this game.

It ended up taking a little over two hours for NW to DL.

When I get to play, I hope it's as entertaining as these movies were.
    (Yes, I know it's two different IP's)

I'm still thinking about trying the LotR MMO though.

STO was my second MMO... SWG being the first.
    (and the best, up to when the drastic changes were made, IMO.)

I dabbled with WoW for a few months last summer, but got bored with it.

EvE was interesting at first, but after the second time of losing everything, I decided it wasn't for me.

I love the Elder Scrolls games, played III & IV till the particular computer I had them on died, about two years.
    (I just didn't have the heart to start all over again at that point)

Will be interesting to see if NW can hold my interest as long as STO has.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • shadowdragonredshadowdragonred Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If anyone is interested on the neverwinter site forums they had this posted:
    Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10

Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    Hero of the North Friend Key
    Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.
    edited March 2013
    If anyone is interested on the neverwinter site forums they had this posted:
    Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10

Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    Hero of the North Friend Key
    Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

It appears from what BranFlakes said up-thread, that STO LTS won't need a Key to play.

Just DL the game from the site, also listed up-thread, and wait for the NW Server to be turned on, on that weekend.
  • roguehwzroguehwz Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since I've already bought a founder's pack and thus have access, I still want those extra beta keys for STO/CO Lifetime.

That's so I can give them to my game community members.
    edited March 2013
    I started watching the Extended versions of LotR this week...

I finished the third one today. Still quite impressive.

That's why I decided to DL this game.

It ended up taking a little over two hours for NW to DL.

When I get to play, I hope it's as entertaining as these movies were.
    (Yes, I know it's two different IP's)

I'm still thinking about trying the LotR MMO though.

STO was my second MMO... SWG being the first.
    (and the best, up to when the drastic changes were made, IMO.)

I dabbled with WoW for a few months last summer, but got bored with it.

EvE was interesting at first, but after the second time of losing everything, I decided it wasn't for me.

I love the Elder Scrolls games, played III & IV till the particular computer I had them on died, about two years.
    (I just didn't have the heart to start all over again at that point)

Will be interesting to see if NW can hold my interest as long as STO has.

DDO or LOTRO

Are finished games with polish and a great F2P framework I would seriously consider ignoring Cryptics offering especially considering how they manage this game :o

Though in fairness to Cryptic I've not played Neverwinter so maybe they've actually done well with it, I've just become very cynical about this company of late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a LTS but it is still asking me for a key to download the beta client. :(

Edit: Nevermind, I was trying to get to it using the "Access Beta" button on the main website.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    DDO or LOTRO

Are finished games with polish and a great F2P framework I would seriously consider ignoring Cryptics offering especially considering how they manage this game :o

Though in fairness to Cryptic I've not played Neverwinter so maybe they've actually done well with it, I've just become very cynical about this company of late.

Pretty sure he was referring to the motion picture and not a game. The extended versions are quite nice although we only tend to keep watching the extended first part rather than the latter ones. Saying that I do play the online game LoTRO quite a bit these days as less grindy.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    edited March 2013
    I'm thinking about getting SKYRIM also...

I see it's starting to drop in price.
    edited March 2013
    I find the main draw of Neverwinter to be the essence of D&D. D&D was the first roleplaying game that all fantasy MMORPGs are based off of. One friend created the adventure while others played through the adventure. Neverwinter can capture the feel where numerous people spent countless weekends playing and creating characters and adventures with the Foundry. Every other fantasy MMO out there has people following a story set up by the devs. However with Neverwinter, I can create my own story and my own adventure. I don't even have to bother with the story of the game except for the tutorial.
    edited March 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I find the main draw of Neverwinter to be the essence of D&D. D&D was the first roleplaying game that all fantasy MMORPGs are based off of. One friend created the adventure while others played through the adventure. Neverwinter can capture the feel where numerous people spent countless weekends playing and creating characters and adventures with the Foundry. Every other fantasy MMO out there has people following a story set up by the devs. However with Neverwinter, I can create my own story and my own adventure. I don't even have to bother with the story of the game except for the tutorial.

Actually it's not an original idea I was doing this years ago running a persistent world server for Neverwinter Nights using the original foundry tool. However was not MMO as we didn't have thousands of players, just a 100 or so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_toolset

That toolset despite being for a 2002 engine still has way more power than the Foundry here, but that's because it has a Java-like scripting language that the user could access giving you the option to do a lot of complex things.

I await to see if their Foundry is as hamstrung in Neverwinter as it is here but I simply won't play the game on principle based on how the company seems to operate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
    edited March 2013
    Have gained access to the login screen of the actual Neverwinter game instead of just the launcher. Stuck on Connecting to Login servers, but that is to be expected since access isn't until Friday. Last week I could download the client, but not get past the login screen of the launcher. Last weekend I could get past the login screen, but not download the various patches.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Welp, since ESO didn't get back to me... *starts the torrent version*

EDIT: SEED YOU HONORLESS PETAQ'S

I did the direct download last night took about an hour to get and I didn't have to install that pando thingy whatever it is so all in all that was decent
  • geldongeldon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm interested in this, but only now (some nine months later) have discovered that my pre-existing lifetime subscription to STO may make me eligible. It seems my Perfect World account is not yet flagged as having access. What's a fellow to do?

Edit: Doing a little reading, it seems ironic that I discovered this was going to happen 9 months later, because apparently the STO Lifetime Subscriber invitation into the Neverwinter beta starts in 3 days!

Well, should I be watching my email, then, or is this something I need to apply for?
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    geldon wrote: »
    I'm interested in this, but only now (some nine months later) have discovered that my pre-existing lifetime subscription to STO may make me eligible. It seems my Perfect World account is not yet flagged as having access. What's a fellow to do?

Edit: Doing a little reading, it seems ironic that I discovered this was going to happen 9 months later, because apparently the STO Lifetime Subscriber invitation into the Neverwinter beta starts in 3 days!

Well, should I be watching my email, then, or is this something I need to apply for?

Your account should automatically be flagged for access into the beta weekend.
  • odiumnascorodiumnascor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For 125 Zen, draw a card from your looted Deck of Many Things - for this adventure, you have a 1 in 250 chance of unlocking your very own Tarasque mount!
    edited March 2013
    Anybody get into the game yet?

I'm patching another 1105Mb at the moment.

Third patch I've done this week.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Anybody get into the game yet?

I'm patching another 1105Mb at the moment.

Third patch I've done this week.

I'm still downloading the client installer. 2Kb/s high over the last week... It's actually painful.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thought STO Lifetimers got access. What a rip. :mad:

No Keys, no access, no nothing. Feels like a Bait-and-Switch. :(
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you log into the PWE/STO web and then go to the link below... you can download the client. You use your same LTS account login for STO as its the same for all PWE games and it will know you are eligible to access the beta test.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thought STO Lifetimers got access. What a rip. :mad:

No Keys, no access, no nothing. Feels like a Bait-and-Switch. :(
    Have you been getting your STO messages via email? If not, your email address of record may not be up-to-date. I got my Beta invitation on Wednesday and am patching right now. Having used my STO/PWE login. I'm at 50% of 520mb.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)