What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Lifetime Subscriber Perk (NW Beta*)

191011121315»

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dyvada wrote: »
    Wont work there is no Download function the speed tell me 0,00kb/s all the time and the % are frozen at 0% too.

And no there is no problem with my internect connection.

But thanks anyway. Looks like i must wait until the game comes out. ;(

I literally just had this problem. It isn't your connection, just exit the install and try it again. After about two tries it started downloading for me.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    Go to one of the many gaming sites like Alienware and sign up for the free beta key... problem solved.

You missed my point totally and I frequent Alienwares site and haven't seen anything about that on there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I appreciate that I was invited back for the next Beta weekend. I hadn't expected that. :cool:
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Anyone planning on playing this coming weekend?

I assume you mean Neverwinter?

How can I? I still haven't been ****ing invited yet...

All I've received is ADVERTISING asking me to buy Founder Packs. As far as I'm concerned, I was promised Beta access as a Lifer perk and it STILL hasn't been delivered. Yeah, I'm kinda' pissed about this whole NW Beta debacle. Over-promised and under-delivered.

Better not be invited for ONLY *this* weekend, since I'm planning on being out of town a good portion of it on a trip that's been planned for months. And since, as I now go back and read the original post with an update with a link to NW Beta timelines, it seems like Beta Weekend starts tomorrow and I haven't received a key yet (one would ASSUME they'd remind / notify you in advance??), I'm probably NOT being invited? Hell if I know at this point... =o\ Moreover, now that I look even closer, there was a Beta weekend on March 8-10 and I never got an invite to that one either. WTH??

Is there something we have to *DO* to get a key sent to us, or if it simply supposed to be e-mailed out to Lifers automatically? And, if so, WHEN? The day of? That's like zero warning, especially if you don't know about it and/or haven't visited this thread, etc. One could be forgiven for thinking that if that's the case, many people who would have otherwise played Beta Weekend might MISS the e-mail if they're off doing other things, if they get no advance warning.

Just seems to me like communication and execution on this thing has been kinda' slipshod.

The original post says:
    "We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be gaining access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test."

The "Read More" link says (more ambiguously):
    "When this testing phase begins, invites will be doled out to Lifetime Subscribers over the course of the test."

Not exactly very specific on what and when and who. Pretty damned vague. Kinda a "if we feel like it maybe you'll get to play for an hour or two at our whim." As opposed to "Lifers get to play. Period."

And the Neverwinter thread says:
    "One way to get guaranteed access is by purchasing a Neverwinter Founder's Pack."

Wha-aa?? No... In the opening thread, you said:
    "...all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be gaining access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test"

Nothing about having to "buy" anything in order to be "guaranteed" to get a chance to play.

Seems like the deal keeps getting worse, and more vague, on every subsequent thread. =o\

Been waitin' like 9 Mos to get to play. STILL waitin'... Seems like maybe next time PWE should only "announce" that folks will get to play WHEN THEY'RE READY to open the Beta testing. Making people wait 9 mos seems kinda' rude. Maybe next time, let people know like 1-2 mos beforehand, not 3/4 of a year? The suspense is killin' us. ;) Especially when the time rolls around and we're still not getting invites.

~MG
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2013

They didn't send out invites for STO and CO lifers. Lifer accounts were automatically granted access to the second beta weekend. Just download Neverwinter and you can access the third beta weekend when it starts tomorrow afternoon.
    Yep! Just found out that STO lifers can now download the client and should gain access automatically when the weekend starts -- no key required. More information should be sent in an email before the weekend starts, I believe.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll take a second look and that will be it. I managed to get a toon up to level 16 last time and I just don't care for the game. The only way I will get any benifit from this in the long run is if they give out a neverwinter tribble for testing. I can't see them doing that.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013

All I've received is ADVERTISING asking me to buy Founder Packs. As far as I'm concerned, I was promised Beta access as a Lifer perk and it STILL hasn't been delivered. Yeah, I'm kinda' pissed about this whole NW Beta debacle. Over-promised and under-delivered.

Better not be invited for ONLY *this* weekend, since I'm planning on being out of town a good portion of it on a trip that's been planned for months. And since, as I now go back and read the original post with an update with a link to NW Beta timelines, it seems like Beta Weekend starts tomorrow and I haven't received a key yet (one would ASSUME they'd remind / notify you in advance??), I'm probably NOT being invited? Hell if I know at this point... =o\ Moreover, now that I look even closer, there was a Beta weekend on March 8-10 and I never got an invite to that one either. WTH??

Is there something we have to *DO* to get a key sent to us, or if it simply supposed to be e-mailed out to Lifers automatically? And, if so, WHEN? The day of? That's like zero warning, especially if you don't know about it and/or haven't visited this thread, etc. One could be forgiven for thinking that if that's the case, many people who would have otherwise played Beta Weekend might MISS the e-mail if they're off doing other things, if they get no advance warning.

Just seems to me like communication and execution on this thing has been kinda' slipshod.

The original post says:

The "Read More" link says (more ambiguously):

Not exactly very specific on what and when and who. Pretty damned vague. Kinda a "if we feel like it maybe you'll get to play for an hour or two at our whim." As opposed to "Lifers get to play. Period."

And the Neverwinter thread says:

Wha-aa?? No... In the opening thread, you said:

Nothing about having to "buy" anything in order to be "guaranteed" to get a chance to play.

Seems like the deal keeps getting worse, and more vague, on every subsequent thread. =o\

Been waitin' like 9 Mos to get to play. STILL waitin'... Seems like maybe next time PWE should only "announce" that folks will get to play WHEN THEY'RE READY to open the Beta testing. Making people wait 9 mos seems kinda' rude. Maybe next time, let people know like 1-2 mos beforehand, not 3/4 of a year? The suspense is killin' us. ;) Especially when the time rolls around and we're still not getting invites.

~MG
    You're grasping at straws, the email I got pretty much said "Come play all weekend".... And yes it was talking about this weekend....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    HA! as if I am going to go an play NW now that we have a Romulan Faction coming :) Great timing for that announcement to keep your players :cool:
  • propdrvnstrshppropdrvnstrshp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks like it's all I'll be playing, since I can't log in to STO, after the nightmarish task of linking accounts, changing email for new PW account, finding my characters not there when I logged in, changing the password, and having it STILL not accept it. Got a support ticket in, but I'm pretty ticked off, because it's a lifetime account. The world is NOT "perfect".
    edited March 2013
    That tears it...

PWE has teamed up with destructoid to hand our random keys to Beta... BEFORE they've even given all the Lifers here their own Beta keys?? WTF?

Yo're giving away RANDOM KEYS to RANDOM INTERNET USERS *before* you've given keys to your own loyal subscribers?

This makes me irate... :mad:

I've contributed significant coin to his game. You've promised access to NW beta, and not delivered, and now I come to find out any random TRIBBLE can get into the game BEFORE your loyal fanbase who's SHELLED OUT and been loyal to he game(s)? :confused:

http://www.destructoid.com/here-are-5-000-beta-weekend-3-codes-for-neverwinter--249271.phtml
    http://www.destructoid.com/redeem_code.phtml

Ohh Hell no... Even mmorpg is getting a massive handout of keys?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/27112/Beta-Weekend-3-Keys

We're getting shafted, folks. SHAF-TED...

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed. And I'm taking one of those keys and using it. Tough if you don't like it. Been waiting 9 mos. Not waiting for PWE to get its freakin' act together.

Anyone else want a key? There you go. Need a Destructoid login (simple if you have Facebook and let them authenticate you that way). Other'n that it's just a simple click of the button. No more waiting...

I'm assuming the keys are legit, since Destructoid says they partnered with PWE for them (5000 of them). Probably more than the # of LIFERS in STO / Champions combined? ;) And what, PWE couldn't simply mass mail us keys last beta weekend or this weekend, when STO / Champions "lifers" were supposed to be "eligible"?

I'm done. [/rant]

Long and short of it: I feel short-changed by Cryptic / PWE on this one. They promised, they failed to deliver and now I find that random internet users get more "consideration" than those contributing monetarily to this game.

NOT COOL PWE / CRYPTIC. NOT COOL.
    edited March 2013
    zulisvel wrote: »
    They didn't send out invites for STO and CO lifers. Lifer accounts were automatically granted access to the second beta weekend. Just download Neverwinter and you can access the third beta weekend when it starts tomorrow afternoon.

Okay, well, if that be so, then they really need to SAY THAT, y'know SOMEWHERE PROMINENT. Maybe update the OP to read "you don't need an access key, just download the client and login with your PWE account; if you're a lifer or meet one of the other criteria, it'll just work."?

Instead, it's been left for people to fumble around in the dark without a damn clue as to what's going on. Hence my peevish comments about poor communication / execution.

Likewise, if I could have logged in last Beta weekend, PWE should have sent me an e-mail letting me know it was coming up, that I was eligible and the steps to perform in order to participate.

NOTHING. NOT A THING. And the links in the OP still seem to indicate the need for "invites" of some sort. If that's not the case, then the OP or some other prominent resource on the subject needs to be updated with ACCURATE up-to-date information. Had I been kept apprised of my eligibility or reminded that a beta weekend was impending and given the resources / instruction to participate, I'd have been there with bells on.

Kinda' un-thrilled about the execution. If I can in fact log in tomorrow afternoon, then cool. Yay! Finally. Would have been nice to know this sooner, in some formal-ish way. But the last information I had several months ago was basically along the lines of "you'll eventually get an invite, if you're selected." So, I've been waiting and waiting for an invite that hasn't ever come. *Sigh*

Now it seems like the whole "invite" thing was a red herring, of sorts? Gre-eeat! :rolleyes:

P.S. Anyway, if so, ignore my immediately previous post, I guess? Though, at the time my perception seemed well-enough founded, considering it seems like any Joe Schmo off the street can now join Closed Beta with a mmorpg or Destructoid key, so it's not much of a "perk" anymore. =o\ Silly PWE.
    edited March 2013
    You're grasping at straws, the email I got pretty much said "Come play all weekend".... And yes it was talking about this weekend....

Well, I don't know what e-mail YOU got... Clearly I didn't get the same e-mail, and if I did, I certainly didn't interpret it the same way.

I got precisely one e-mail yesterday:
    CURE YOUR MARCH MADNESS
    GET YOUR DOSE OF NEVERWINTER THIS WEEKEND.

And I'll admit that on first reading it I was excited that MAYBE I'd get to play this weekend. However, on clicking through the link, the only place it took me was this page:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack

Hawking "Founders Packs," asking me to PAY TO PLAY, essentially. Hardly the gratis "Lifer Perk" I was promised. So, you'll have to pardon me if I completely IGNORED IT as ADVERTISING rubbish.

That said, I poked around the Neverwinter site trying to figure out how to gain access to Beta. The most obvious option was the giant button saying "Access Beta." I know you're thinking "Well, duh!" ('Cause that's what I was thinking too...)

However, on clicking that, you get nothing but a screen asking you to provide an access key. It says nothing whatever about STO / Champions lifers getting free access and simply reinforces the notion proffered in the OP and subsequent links that one needs an "invite" with a "Beta key" in order to access NW. A reasonable assumption, given the only available evidence via that line of investigation.

So, I'd say I'm hardly "grasping at straws" when leveling a legitimate complaint about the general poor execution and lack of adequate communication regarding the Beta weekends and STO perks.

How 'bout you?

For my part, I would very much have liked a simple update somewhere prominent saying "Okay lifers, here are the extraordinarily stupidly simple steps for downloading and playing NW Beta on these dates. No 'invite'/'key' required, as we had implied earlier. We're more technologically savvy than that." *provide link* *provide basic instructions* Done. But no...
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How about instead of raging...

Ya go to post #425 in this thread and click on the provided link...

Reading IS Fundamental

You'd be patching up by now if ya had ASKED instead of Raged.

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks like it's all I'll be playing, since I can't log in to STO, after the nightmarish task of linking accounts, changing email for new PW account, finding my characters not there when I logged in, changing the password, and having it STILL not accept it. Got a support ticket in, but I'm pretty ticked off, because it's a lifetime account. The world is NOT "perfect".

Sounds like instead of linking your account, you may have created a new account with the same name as the old one, which renders your Cryptic account inaccessible. You'll have to wait on that Customer Service ticket to fix that, it's not something a user can fix themselves. Sorry for the inconvenience, but don't worry, your characters will all be there once it's sorted out.

You also won't be able to access Neverwinter beta until that's sorted out, as your Perfect World account thus isn't linked to an STO account with a lifetime sub. That, too, will be corrected once CS helps you.

For anybody else who hasn't linked yet, you will HAVE to link to make this work, and I recommend carefully reading the following before you begin:

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4134/~/(sto)(co)-account-linking-faq
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What does "The Shard is locked." mean?

Does it mean the server is down or that the server is full?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you cant get in right now, its because it is down for an emergency fix for about 15 minutes.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here is a quote from the article about the perk:Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be receiving access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. *When this testing phase begins, invites will be doled out to Lifetime Subscribers over the course of the test.

If you are not currently a Lifetime Subscriber and would like to become one, check out this page. Also, we are currently running a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions ($100 off!) that lasts until this Friday, June 29th, at 3:00pm PDT.

On 01-28-2013 you posted the following message (#233 - page 24) stating that a lifetime subscription will be available ($100 off) until June 29th, at 3:00pm PDT. I can't find any way to access that and I'd really like to upgrade to an LT subscription...

Hmmm...some words are coming up red and I didn't change the color on them to red so don't blame me...:D

Then again, maybe not...
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On 01-28-2013 you posted the following message (#233 - page 24) stating that a lifetime subscription will be available ($100 off) until June 29th, at 3:00pm PDT. I can't find any way to access that and I'd really like to upgrade to an LT subscription...

Hmmm...some words are coming up red and I didn't change the color on them to red so don't blame me...:D

Then again, maybe not...

That post is referring to a quote from last year since June 29 is on Saturday this year not Friday. It shows how long we waited for the Neverwinter beta. There might be a lifetime sale soon, but not now.
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    That post is referring to a quote from last year since June 29 is on Saturday this year not Friday. It shows how long we waited for the Neverwinter beta. There might be a lifetime sale soon, but not now.

So, anyone have a clue as to when their next sale might be?
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous