test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Lifetime Subscriber Perk (NW Beta*)

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    I was actually reasonably excited about the beta until I read your comment and found that I agreed with it. /pass

This is a perfectly normal setup for an MMO beta.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I wouldn't call selling two hundred dollar beta weekend passes a 'normal setup', but thats another matter. I've participated in many such limited tests for other games, most recently for Defiance, but I was simply commenting on how I plan to pass these ones up, in light of the dose of reality zerobang provided. I wish everyone who is still looking forward to it the very best experience ofc.
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I got spoiled by alpha/beta for LOTRO; it was between patches. Much larger testing windows than for other games I've beta tested (STO, Champions, DCUO).
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    I wouldn't call selling two hundred dollar beta weekend passes a 'normal setup', but thats another matter. I've participated in many such limited tests for other games, most recently for Defiance, but I was simply commenting on how I plan to pass these ones up, in light of the dose of reality zerobang provided. I wish everyone who is still looking forward to it the very best experience ofc.

You don't have to buy the 200 dollar package to get into the beta, so yes, it is normal. :P
    If you buy the 60 dollar package, you get beta access too, most MMOs require you to buy the game to get beta access, STO, WOW, TOR etc, these games retailed around that price mark.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • spencereldenspencerelden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It would be nice for STO lifers to get a founders pack discount.
  • jtipsjtips Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is how the cable company treats you, once you're a customer they treat you like TRIBBLE and woo all the noncustomers. I own CO/STO lifetimes and preordered Torchlight 2. Would have thought that would have at least got me into all the betas. *shrug*

bluedarky wrote: »
    If you actually checked the Neverwinter forums, you'd know that the first wave of Beta will primarily be the people buying these packs, Lifers get in on the Second wave of Beta invites.
  • captkolkmancaptkolkman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hey i got a question how do you get your fighters to fight in a battle?
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The founder packs they're selling don't seem worth their price to me. Especially as to get all the items you'd need to buy all 3 packs. That's $280 not including any tax.:eek:
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    The founder packs they're selling don't seem worth their price to me. Especially as to get all the items you'd need to buy all 3 packs. That's $280 not including any tax.:eek:

I will list the goods for all the packs. Any item with a * is available in another pack.

Never Winter Starter Kit
    • Amulet of Protection
    • Small Bag of Holding*
    • 1 Adventurer's Helper Pack*

Guardian of Neverwinter
    • Armored Horse Mount
    • Direwolf Companion
    • Gold Moonstone Regalia Mask
    • Greycloak's Legacy*
    • Robe of Useless Items*
    • Adventurer's Helper Pack*
    • 1 Respec Token*
    • Founder's Title*
    • 1 Extra Character Slot
    • 125,000 Astral Diamonds (their version of dilithium)

Hero of the North
    • Menzoberranzan Renegade (their version of liberated borg)
    • Armored Spider Mount
    • Panther Companion
    • Gold Moonstone Mask Regalia Set (Full outfit)
    • VIP Game Access
    • Founder Armor's Aura
    • Founder's Title*
    • Small Bag of Holding*
    • Dungeon Master Unlock (Foundry Creation Unlock at level 1 instead of level 15)
    • Delzoun Treasure Box
    • Moonstone Regular (their version of Captain's Table)
    • Adventurer's Helper Pack*
    • 1 Respec Token*
    • Greycloak's Legacy*
    • Robe of Useless Items*
    • 750,000 Astral Diamonds
    • 3 Extra Character Slots

So if you buy the $200 and $60 one, then you don't need to buy the $20 one since the only unique item it has is an Amulet of Protection that gives +1 AC. If you just get the $60 one, then you might want to get the $20 for the small bag of holding which gives 12 more inventory slots. Getting the $200 and $60 one will give 875,000 Astral Diamonds, 2 Respecs, and 4 Extra Slots I think. So if you are getting the $200 version, then the only real reason to get the $60 version is the direwolf companion and armored horse mount. Companions are combat pets that level up and you can customize them with slots.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Neverwinter?

Nah, never will. :cool:

Besides I've joined up for a far better fantasy game elsewhere in beta. And they have nothing but anthropomorphic characters too. =3

Sounds awful. Have fun!
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    So if you buy the $200 and $60 one, then you don't need to buy the $20 one since the only unique item it has is an Amulet of Protection that gives +1 AC.

I saw it was only 1 unique item when I examined it before posting but that's still 1 item you only get when buying that pack. Whether it's worth buying it for just that item is a matter of opinion and whether or not you're a completionist.
  • xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    I saw it was only 1 unique item when I examined it before posting but that's still 1 item you only get when buying that pack. Whether it's worth buying it for just that item is a matter of opinion and whether or not you're a completionist.

..or have more money than sense
  • omegcrashomegcrash Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Who else are life time subscribers and have not gotten there Closed beta Key as referred to here http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=573891 . Really burns me I bought my subscription primarily for that as well and here we are first week of closed beta i have sent four emails to them and nothing.
  • galidousgalidous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nope, no key here, but if you read, the LTS for STO isn't until March ...

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

The current weekend is for purchasers of the "packs"
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The question really is...

Who HAS received a Key.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    omegcrash wrote: »
    Who else are life time subscribers and have not gotten there Closed beta Key as referred to here http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=573891 . Really burns me I bought my subscription primarily for that as well and here we are first week of closed beta i have sent four emails to them and nothing.

I have not received a key :(

I have a LTS and been here since March 2010.

Sniff Sniff
  • k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    your Version Of "perk" Is ****

Hail This Man!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is Forgotten Realms...no? Not my setting.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    I have not received a key :(

I have a LTS and been here since March 2010.

Sniff Sniff

LTS get in the second and third beta weekends, both of which are in March. So baring a few who got in for other reasons, most LTS members won't have a beta invite yet.
    truewarper wrote: »
    This is Forgotten Realms...no? Not my setting.

Last time I checked, Neverwinter was based on the 4e Forgotten Realms.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For some reason, I gained access to the Neverwinter Beta Forums. So there is a good chance that lifers won't need to enter a code to gain access to the Closed Beta. I still expect an email with directions on how to download the client.
  • matronbriamatronbria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well...it's Feb 25 and I still have no emailed instructions for the March 8th beta weekend -.-
    ~Cry Havoc! And let loose the dogs of War~

This User Does not PVP
    This User Is a Grindmonkey
    This User Does not care about how many ways you can wtfpwnzor them :p
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    matronbria wrote: »
    Well...it's Feb 25 and I still have no emailed instructions for the March 8th beta weekend -.-

That's not at all unusual. Folks for the last beta got their emails 2 or 3 days before the event.

I recommend you watch the Neverwinter forums for more info on this; especially the beta forums, which have been opened up to everybody since there's no NDA on beta.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    While there has been no emails sent out, the NW client is now available to download for Lifers. Mine is coming down now with no key needing to be inserted hence maybe why no email.

Linky: http://nw.perfectworld.com/download

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    While there has been no emails sent out, the NW client is now available to download for Lifers. Mine is coming down now with no key needing to be inserted hence maybe why no email.

downloading now, if the key comes during the week i can enter it then, thanks for the link..
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry , I'm here for the Trek , no for anything else .
    Considering that Neverwinter seems to be the driving force behind tech updates to STO, I think this is a pretty cool thing.

And if you're a foundry author, you'll WANT to be in this.

+1 for the masochists out there . :)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »

Yep! Just found out that STO lifers can now download the client and should gain access automatically when the weekend starts -- no key required. More information should be sent in an email before the weekend starts, I believe.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep! Just found out that STO lifers can now download the client and should gain access automatically when the weekend starts -- no key required. More information should be sent in an email before the weekend starts, I believe.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Nice. :) Thanks for the confirmation. (A shame the Patcher, if set to show all games, didn't automatically show it up, but I can understand why not I suppose. :))
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Eh, I'll give it a shot to see... stuff. Can always uninstall it :P
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Holy TRIBBLE!

3004 MBs

:eek:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Holy TRIBBLE!

3004 MBs

:eek:

3 Gigs? My god.