test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem'Hadar carrier ship requirment for Jem'Hadar attack ship fighter

umrathamaumrathama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I discovered after finally getting both the new Jem'Hadar ships that for some reason we are required to also some how also get the Jem'Hadar attack ship to get the new Dill store attack ship fighter.

Am I the only one that has a problem with this? Is this some error?

If it is not a bug or error, then why are we now required to obtain the impossible ship just to be able to acquire these Jem'Hadar attack ship fighters for the new Dread Carrier?
Post edited by umrathama on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its not an error since it is listed on the dev blog for these ships. People that have obtained this ship are currently having problems with it since its not that good according to their reports.
  • bi9tbi9t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dont worry about it, they are junk atm. Be glad you didnt waste the dil.
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so yea, thought I'd make an official thread for it,

Why the hell are the only redeemable qualities of this fine dreadnought not acessable to all?

the jem'hadar attack ship hangar pets can only be obtained if you have both the dreadnought and the attack ship.

I find this redundant and quite honestly not worth getting the dreadnought in the first place, advice I wish I could give my past self.

the fighters we currently can obtain suck horribly both levels, Blue and purple they just plain suck, they dont even have torps.

the only redeeming quality of the dreadnoought is it can launch the attack ships, for gods sake the attack ship owners already have one of the rarest ships in game, that makes them lucky enough, just let those with the dreadnought alone load them.
  • trekie85trekie85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Im going to try and be constructive about this, ok.. The bug ship hanger pets SHOULD be available to anyone who spent money on the dreadnought... /HOWEVER/ i still feel those who have the bugship should have a bonus for having it. The very simple sollution would be to allow the advanced ones to be purchasable only by the ones who have the jem bugship, but still allow the people who obviously spent the money and time to get the dread the ability to have the standard bugship for their hangers because in all seriousness the jem fighters (even the purples) are worthless, DEM is only good when you have MASSIVE dps, and DEM 1 is all but useless, right now even the basic peregrins out dps the purple jem fighters. Either please make a second pass at the fighters to have torps or SOMETHING or give usthe basic bugship please please. This is constructive feedback not whining so please, take it as such.:-)
    --- I <3 U CRYPTIC - - -
  • basilisk51basilisk51 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I love the dominion made a character 3 weeks ago and started the game because this lock box was coming out. Now i learn this. This is so stupid, make them 100k dilitium or something but if they aren't changed me and my money are gone. I can't even hope to get the attack ship. But i don't see a point to starting this game if i can't enjoy things that only old players can get. Even worse i dont want the attack ship just some really cool carrier pets, i don't give a damn if they aren't good it would just be cool to be able to get some dominion frigate pets and farming 500mil ec for a ship i don't want will not happen. I am not gonna waste my time, don't get me wrong i enjoy the game but being penalized for not being some old member is stupid and i was going to buy a lifetime membership because i found i am already 1/3 of the way there anyways but this needs fixed or i am out
  • dwhornetdwhornet Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Actually I'm extremely disappointed with the carrier pets in general, my beams are going over 2000 damage a hit on a hull, and unless the fighters explode I usually see damage in the low 20's.

Yes TWENTIES.

I'm not exactly sure whats going on but the AI seems borked also. As a novice carrier pilot maybe it's me. I hope this isn't the final state of the fighters because if it is, these fighters are really a P.O.S.

Please unlock them or remove them entirely. It's 30k dil or at today's dil prices $7.00 to buy a new set of pets for your carrier. I understand you guys need to generate revenue but exactly how is this wall achieving that goal?
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2013
    I've gone for adv peregrines on my dreadnought and the damage difference between them and the adv Jem hadar fighters is huge. Instead of a useless engineering ability they get quantum torps!

I agree we shouldn't be penalized for not owning one of the rarest and hard to get ships in the game ESPECIALLY when Federation players already have pretty poor pets (compare to BoPs and Fer'Jai frigates) that either die in seconds or couldn't shoot their ways out of a wet paper bag.

Maybe Trekie85 was on to something by saying about the adv version for Jem bug owners but then again the dreadnought costs 800 blooming lobi crystals, which is a hefty investment, surely that is enough.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
    edited January 2013
    so I see my thread was moved into here, at least someone is listening to the fact the Dev team or market team screwed up.

I agree the jemmy bug owners should get something, after all the uniqueness of the jemmy bug was the fact it was the first lockbox ship, not to mention one of the only player obtainable dominion ships. I would be pissed to find out that the last remark was no longer true I would.

but making the carrier pets the only thing? its still punishing both sides, for those with the jemmy bug alone and those with the dreadnought alone. only those lucky few who have both will get it and with the fact they have both makes them lucky enough.

give the jemmy bugs something actually worth it and usefull. like a new bug space set or a very special console.
  • robuillerobuille Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi all. My name is Robuille and I own a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. Why am I telling you this you might be wondering? Because I also own the new Jem'Hadar Dreadnaught Carrier now. You might be saying to yourself..., well..., so what? See the thing is, I own both of those ships but on two different characters. Still, I own both ships so I should be able to buy Jem'Hadar Attack Ship hangars for my Jem'Hadar Dreadnaught Carrier, right?

WRONG!!!

Now let me get this straight..., both ships are extremely different from each other so each requires an entirely different skill tree spec to optimize its performance. So even if I were to own both ships on one character, any time I wanted to switch ships I would have to pay for a new respec token?!? And seriously, if one of my characters has the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, WHY WOULD I WANT TO FLY ANOTHER SHIP AND ESPECIALLY ONE SO DIFFERENT?!?!?

So to get the special Jem'Hadar Attack Ship hangar bay unlock under the current terms of the promotion, I'd either have to buy one of JUST 6 Attack Ships that are left on the exchange for OVER 400 MILLION EC on the one character I just unlocked the Dreadnaught..., or I could take the one character that I don't want flying ANYTHING BUT my Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, buy him the Dreadnaught and respec him anytime I want to fly the Dreadnaught on the off and TOTALLY ABSURD chance that I get tired of flying my bug.

WHAT IS THAT HANGAR BAY UNLOCK EVEN IN THE STORE FOR?!?!?!?

Is this Cryptic's way of unveiling their new sadistic sense of humor?

Now that we know how upset I am, and I'm sure the other Jem'Hadar Attack Ship owners feel the same way, I offer a solution. If a character on an account owns the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship Hangar Bay should be unlocked for the entire account and usable only on the Jem'Hadar Dreadnaught Carrier. Reasonable solution? I think so.

I don't think this was an intentional attempt to TRIBBLE us all off. I think it was an oversight and a good idea that never made it to the critical thinking stage of development. You guys just shipped it out without giving any thought to how the "unlock" policy might affect the player. Now the players are screwed and the players would like to know if you plan on fixing it?
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    robuille wrote: »

WHAT IS THAT HANGAR BAY UNLOCK EVEN IN THE STORE FOR?!?!?!?

Is this Cryptic's way of unveiling their new sadistic sense of humor?

I'd like to say "yes" but the Spiral Wave Disruptors have been in the Store for ages, taunting those of us who don't have a Galor.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why should Bug ship owners get exclusive bonuses ???

I'm a KDF player, I get nothing exclusive, my cloaking tech is FED side, my universal BO slots are FED side and my Carriers are FED side.

My lifetime vet rewards can be bought out right.

FEDS were supposed to get the big heavy full of armour and shild ships, seen the Bortas recently?? I have more hull on my Bortas then my FED engi has on his Oddy.. so that's a trait gone from the FEDS....

So why on earth, do those with this 1 lock box ship get bonus no other lock box ship get ???

Cryptic has spent so much time passing benefits from one faction to another so neither feel unique or special any more, to go and alienate the bulk of the player base by giving 1 tiny ship
    more importance than any ship has or should have !

And the way Bug owners not only defend this, but sit there asking for it to be better - wow, just wow.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    like to know if you plan on fixing it?

working as intended
    and
    working as advertised

not going to change

does it suck? sure

will it change if you complain some more? nope

from the blog:
    Owners of the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (the ship must be unpacked) can also purchase Jem'Hadar Attack Ship hangar items in the Dilithium Store.

Brandon on forums:
    -> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=7646281#post7646281
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    looks like someone is taking notice of all the threads.

but it now just shows how poorly cryptic respondss to something that was clearly a mistake.

I believe if we shout loud enough and not let the thread die we will get what needs to be done.

I remember last year I started a Fed Carrier thread, it lasted 3 months and was on the front page for that long, we eventually got one, but I fear we lost one of our great forumites Katic.

if we hold on long enough and show its more profitable to have the bug ship availible to all with the dreadnought then it will happen.

give the jemmy bug owners something that they can fraking use.
  • robuillerobuille Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seriously..., the Galor issue that's taunting you is nothing even remotely close to the issue I'm addressing. I OWN THE JEM'HADDAR ATTACK SHIP! If you owned the Galor and couldn't get access to the Spiral Phasers then that would be a problem. That would at least be similar to my problem. My problem is that I own, opened and have been using the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship on one character but own the Dreadnaught on another character. Both ships are on the same account. I DO NOT WANT TO FLY THE DREADNAUGHT ON THE CHARACTER I USE MY BUG SHIP!!!!!!!! That would make no sense. My bugship character was made with traits specifically chosen, skilled to, geared up, and DOFF'ed out for the bugship. To accomplish this cost me countless dollars and upwards of 600 MILLION EC. As far as I'm concerned that character is finished and will not be modified in any more than minor ways to adjust to gameplay evolution.

But the conundrum is that I WANT to fly the Dreadnaught..., just not on the character that I built specifically and entirely for my Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. Thing is, if I want the only Hangar Bay Items that really make the Dreadnaught pop, I have to buy another Jem'Hadar Attack ship for 400+ Million EC and open it on my new character that I got the Dreadnaught for..., of which there are only 6 Jem'Hadar Attack Ships left to be sold because, oh yeah, THEY CAN'T BE GOTTEN ANYMORE!!! It's that or get the Dreadnaught on the character I WILL NEVER FLY THE DREADNAUGHT ON because that character is perfect for my bugship and I wouldn't want that character flying in anything else. And my guess is that my fellow Bugship owners would agree with that statement.

So what I'm asking for is really this. If an account has unlocked the Jem'Hadar Attack ship, then any other character on that account, should they decide to buy and fly a dreadnaught, shall have the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship Hangar Bays unlocked and available account wide.

Bugship owners DO NOT share the same plight with players who simply want spiral phasers. I hope that clarifies things.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Bugship owners DO NOT share the same plight with players who simply want spiral phasers. I hope that clarifies things.

Galor is unlocked account wide? Or the Spiral-Beam store unlock is account wide?

I was under the impression that it was unlocked by character in both cases, so if you did want Spiral Phasers on a character that doesn't own the Galor, you're out of luck even if you do own the Galor on another character in your account.
  • causalityeffectcausalityeffect Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Suck it up because this is Cryptic further lowering the bar and seeing who will still play.

This is only the beginning of this new scam. The next thing you can expect will be another lockbox that offers the Dominion Bug Ship so people play the lottoscam.

Then: Watch as the NEXT Lottoscams introduce MORE carriers and eventurally other ships that require previous Lottoscam vessels inorder to use specific consoles.

Anyone who didnt see this coming when they started offering consoles sets across multiple ships you had to buy is exactly the kind of suckers Cryptic want.

If you dont like it: STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME AND LEAVE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    Suck it up because this is Cryptic further lowering the bar and seeing who will still play.

This is only the beginning of this new scam. The next thing you can expect will be another lockbox that offers the Dominion Bug Ship so people play the lottoscam.

Then: Watch as the NEXT Lottoscams introduce MORE carriers and eventurally other ships that require previous Lottoscam vessels inorder to use specific consoles.

Anyone who didnt see this coming when they started offering consoles sets across multiple ships you had to buy is exactly the kind of suckers Cryptic want.

If you dont like it: STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME AND LEAVE

I got every lockbox ship aside from the temporal and tholian one, within 2 boxes each, and without using real money thank dil for that.

but this is still a crock, scream loud enough and they will change this small thing, just give the bug more of a bonus instead of the pets.
  • romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The advanced JHAS is only there for the players that own JHASs. It's a perk of owning a JHAS. It's so you can at least approach the DPS of your JHAS in your carrier, I suspect, when it's not broken which it currently is. People need to stop complaining about not having access to a hangar pet that they know will get them closer to the DPS of a JHAS without having to own a JHAS. Frankly I hope Cryptic does not give in to your COMPLAINING.

And I hate to come off as one of those people, because God knows I do not need the drama, but I rather see them remove it than to give it to people who complain about not being included into the JHAS club. Let's just ****ing remove the things and I'll go back to my JHAS. At least then no one without a JHAS can get the power of a JHAS by using 30k dilithium hangar pets. And from here on out let's forget about perks in general, because mankind will always make life hell on game developers if they decide to do something cool and fun for specific players which doesn't include all players. While everyone is at this why don't you complain about console exclusives to other ships. I want to use battle mode on my JHAS, rather than d'kora onry. I also demand galor beams for any ship without the need of owning the galor. This is bull****! I should not be banned from the party because I chose to not pursue a galor!!!!!! I also demand free access to T5 starbase rewards. This is bull**** that I have to join a fleet! FAIR IS FAIR!

See, this is what I call fairness syndrome. Because this is a game and ultimately the internet, people believe they have a right to fair treatment because they are not equals to each other in real life. Because this is "pretend" then everyone should be treated as equals. Hence, fairness syndrome. Unfortunately for many, things just don't work that way.

And to those players with JHASs on one character and carrier on another, again, the same reply to you.

This dominion carrier is the best tactical carrier a fed can own without the advanced JHAS hangar. It's the only tactical one you can own, basically. Is that not enough for you? That you have to try to get the advanced JHAS hangar shoehorned into your inventory? See it's real easy to forget the 4 tac console slots and commander + LT BO stations and 4/3 weapon layout it carries, when the standard for feds has been far less for tactical purposes. You have such power now for a carrier but all you guys seem to care about is it's not enough without the advanced JHAS hangar. I want to be in the club, too. Etc etc etc. Well let me tell you something. If the advanced JHAS hangar stays as it currently is, you're better off with what the ship comes with. I'm not even going to waste my time with the hangar anymore until it's fixed. I'll do far better with other hangar options for the time being. In which case just means I stick to my JHAS.
  • romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    Why should Bug ship owners get exclusive bonuses ???
    And the way Bug owners not only defend this, but sit there asking for it to be better - wow, just wow.
    Because its not worth using the carrier over your JHAS without JHAS hangars. At least with JHAS hangars it's worth playing with. Whether its less or more DPS is moot. Pretty sure my JHAS will still blow the carrier out of the water.

And, we expect better than broken hangars. My recluse carrier blue pets do more damage, and they're blue.
  • dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Why would anyone have the jem attack ship and the carrier on the same character so now i need a 2nd attack ship 225$ is what i spent i suppose i could buy 90 keys for 9000 zen and sell the keys but still that 90$ for a ship i will not even use it will just sit there so really im spending another 90$ for the pets.

So 90$ for the pets and 225$ for the dred carrier every 2500 zen i average 100 lobi

Is this some kind of joke?

From a pissed of 3 year player, I also expect this post to get burried

Krag
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    join the club it seems they like to spit on the playerbase none of this stuff should be per toon this game would be so much better if 90% of the stuff we pay money is account wide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You know what comments are going to follow right?

"You only have yourself to blame"

"No one is forcing you"

"You shouldn have wasted your money"

Even I was about to say it, but instead I go with this:

You are the oppersite of what they hope for: They hope that someone will feel the urge to continue buying so that they will make more money.

You on the other had, are unlikely to spend money again.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
    edited January 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    You know what comments are going to follow right?

"You only have yourself to blame"

"No one is forcing you"

"You shouldn have wasted your money"

Even I was about to say it, but instead I go with this:

You are the oppersite of what they hope for: They hope that someone will feel the urge to continue buying so that they will make more money.

You on the other had, are unlikely to spend money again.

yeah your right about those comments coming your also right about me not spending more money
    edited January 2013
    romuzarii wrote: »
    The advanced JHAS is only there for the players that own JHASs. It's a perk of owning a JHAS. It's so you can at least approach the DPS of your JHAS in your carrier, I suspect, when it's not broken which it currently is. People need to stop complaining about not having access to a hangar pet that they know will get them closer to the DPS of a JHAS without having to own a JHAS. Frankly I hope Cryptic does not give in to your COMPLAINING.

let me put it this way, the DPS of the Dreadnought is fine as is, but for the fact it launches paper airplanes armed with rubber band guns is the rediculous part, hell if they buffed up the fighters in the slightest sense then maybe this wouldnt be a big deal and people would be fine with the "Exlusive" obtainment of the JHAS, unfortunately for ships on the basic level armed with nothing but pulse canons and one usless engineering ability, and on the advanced level more of the same but with an extra dual cannon and NOTHING else, it is a pretty weak grab.

no torps, no actual function aside from interception and even that is weak as hell.

I am not going to lie, I WANT the JHAS-H, primarily since the dreadnought can fulfil so many roles, but its also a kick in the nuts to the jemmy owners who dont have a dreadnought carrier and cannot obtain one. to those lucky few who own both its an ok bonus.

they should give the Bug owners something they can actually use even without the dreadnought.
    edited January 2013
    not even 10 mins and my post was burried

Thanks
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's equally disturbing they keep releasing ships with terrible fighter pets and we STILL have no 'fighter window/inventory' or ANY way of keeping track of the little buggers despite constant begging and pleading from players. This is a clear indicator of Cryptic's priorities.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its just a relly bad play by Cryptic.

My KDF Science main only uses Carriers and I'd never have need of the Jem Bug ship since I'm pure Science speced and would never use the thing (I'd sell it 1st).

I collect Carriers on my KDF main and I have the Vo'Quv and the Mirror version, the Kar'Fi and the Recluse.

I was really looking foward to adding the Jem Carrier to my line up but this whole you can't buy it's best hanger options unless you own and unpack the Jem Bug ship is killing it for me.

If Cryptic wanted to go this rout they should have offered 3 versions of the Hanger Bug.

A standard Rare one that could have been picked up from the Shipyard vendor.

A Very Rare one that would come from the Dilithium Store (Open to Everyone)

A Ultra Rare one that is only available for players that own the Bug ship either buy crafting it or buying it from the D-Store.

With the above i think all involved would have been happy.

The best versions of the Hanger bugs would still only be available for the owners of the bug ship but at lease the players that did not own the Bug would still have 2 available sets of the Hanger Bugs available to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bi9tbi9t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Unless they plan on fixing the JHAS pets, there is nothing to cry about. I have the pets, they are awful. I understand people wanting the pets, but right now there is no point in worrying about them. Using them is a huge waste of your hangar slots. Be glad you didnt waste the dil, credits, or money to get them.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A good option for those players that already have the the Jem Carrier and can't stand the pre loaded fighters is to go and use the Ultra Rare Scorpion Fighters (They are the Sickness)

On a side note:

We need more mid size hanger support craft for all full carriers for both factions.

What I'm talking about is something like the BOP that can be used on all KDF Carriers.

The Feds should get a non cloaking Sao Paulo class hanger suport that can be used on all full Carriers available to the Federation.

Put some options in Crafting that will let us make more Hanger Support options for our Carriers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razikhielrazikhiel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dear devs! :D
    Buff the bug ships so that the ''bonus'' you give to their owners actually means something to them WITHOUT FORCING THEM to buy the dread carrier too!

Give the bug ship pets to all dread owners so that the rest of the community isnt forced to strive after a PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE-TO-GET of a ship!

=Everyone's happy!
This discussion has been closed.