test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Feature Enabled for Gold Members! (Out-of-Game Chat via XMPP)

Comments

• Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Unless I'm mistaken, Officer chat has been mentioned a few times through this thread, but nothing has really come from it.

I've managed to set up Pidgn and can use it for global and fleet no problem.

But I would like to know if and how I can set it up to see officer chat.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Fleet Chat for xmpp/jabber works intermittantly......and this is getting really annoying. I hcnage none of my settings in PIDGIN and it starts working for awhile and then stops working for awhile, and then recently it was working for awhile and NOW it is not working? Why is it doing this I ask Brandon and the developers NONE OF MY settings have changed in pidgin. I NEED fleet chat working please, it allows me to communicate with other faction/fleet chats while online and when offline in game I can talk to my fleet.... Please fix this ASAP
  • Options
    dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Except for the fleet chats intermittantly working I would love to see Officer chat available as well. Hell I would love the ability to join Private rooms that you were invited to enabled. Some chat rooms if they have a ' or other symbols in them do not work either. Either you should disable the rooms from using symbols all together or make changes to Cryptic's XMPP Server to accept it.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dulousdulous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Officer chat does work (if only as much as fleet chat does). It's at
    officer.crypticspace.com v.s. fleet chat's guilds.crypticspace.com.
  • Options
    darkdazpudedarkdazpude Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sorry to be a pain,

but i went to try this i did all the setup,

and i get the following message

Not Authorized

please help and i tried the first link in the topic start for the Tribble
    but the link is invaild now, i get your 404 custom page
  • Options
    literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can't get pidgin to work either, and I'm following the directions exactly. What am I doing wrong?

I've got a lifetime account, I've merged my Cryptic account with PWE, what gives?

AccountName@crypticspace.com/Captain@handle "not acceptable"
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    has there been any updates on this project regarding the jabber/xmap feature?
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tried to sub with one of my accounts, still got "NOT AUTHORIZED."
  • Options
    chaosuk83chaosuk83 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ditto to the above comments, I also cannot use it as I get not authorised.
  • Options
    literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I fixed it! Take out your @handle from the name, and just type in your character's name.
    Example: Me@literaryace. That didn't work. So I took out @literaryace, and viola! Success!

Try taking out your @handle and just leave your captain's name, or whatever shows up in front of your @handle in chat.
  • Options
    dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well since the new patches hit Tribble I can only connected to Custom chat rooms :/ Everything else now gets Flagged as Service Unavailable :/
    On my Tablet and Phone I can only do PM's can't connect to any chat services and used to be able to :( CRYPTIC Fix This pleease
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dardnokdardnok Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    is the Pidgin client still working? i did everything that was in the list and says its disabled, Not Authorized in the buddy list
  • Options
    avigraceavigrace Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dardnok wrote: »
    is the Pidgin client still working? i did everything that was in the list and says its disabled, Not Authorized in the buddy list

Thats all I get too, I assume it should work for both Tribble and Holodeck theses days?

Could it be that I am using a PWE account to log into the game and not my original Cryptic one?
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Custom channels still work for me, but Fleet/Officer channels broke with S7. They broke at one point while S7 was still on Tribble too, and that took about a week for them to fix then.
  • Options
    greeneagle346agreeneagle346a Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've never been able to get this set up.

Like so many others, it just keeps saying "not authorized".

I may not be gold anymore, but... I still have the tribble server.
  • Options
    saudaggelsaudaggel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I may not be gold anymore, but... I still have the tribble server.

Does't work without gold account. Set it up while i had a gold account -> worked. When i got silver again it didn't work anymore without changing anything. Now that i'm gold again for some months it works again.

Maybe they could earn some money with selling it as a one time unlock like the EC cap increase. I would even pay 1000-2000 Zen for that, but continue gold or lifetime only for the chat? not really...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    XMPP/JABBER CHATSERVER is not responding or working right now?
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    yes, it went down about an hour ago, there seems to also be a new patch for CO not sure if its related though ive noticed that xmpp goes a bit wonky around patches, if its not back up by tomarrow ill be conserned. never good to patch on a friday it could ruin your whole weekend.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does this work for adium?

Tried the instructions for adium but I get,

Error: Not Authorized
  • Options
    noneusesthisonenoneusesthisone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am using Pidgin.
    I have tried any number of combinations of my account, character, cryptic account, pwe account.

I have a (I believe) botched merge. I can't connect to the support portion of the site either.

I get an invalid xmpp id error.

I can log in here with my account.
    I can log into STO with the same account.

Is it asking for my PW account, or my Cryptic account?
    I have all the other settings correct, I have verified with others.

NAME@crypticspace.com/resourcename disabled

Is this possibly a gameguard issue?
    Possibly some odd account combo issue?
    Something else I am missing entirely?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(sorry for the necro post)
  • Options
    ikodesuraikodesura Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Forgive me if this question was already answered, I only read to page 4 lol.
    I can't seem to chat inside a channel. I can private chat individual users, but beyond that I can't communicate... which really sucks because that was the whole reason I wanted this :c
  • Options
    theredvikingttheredvikingt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been reading about this feature, and I have no idea why it's a feature.

Is in game chat not working?
    Dose this add voice?

I mean we have fleet chat group chat, and trade and all soooooo..... why would a third party text chat inter-graded into the game be needed?

just seems a bit weird.

P.S I'm sure there's a reason I just cant find it on my own :) Thanx
  • Options
    hockeypunk20hockeypunk20 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello,

I have set this up to the letter and can't sign into it. I think I have an account level problem. I can't sign into the game using my actual game account name, only my e-mail address, even though the password is correct and has even been reset. I am a lifetime member so I quality as a gold/paid account. This should be working. I've had friends who use it successfully with their accounts help me with the settings just to be sure ( and my settings were correct ) and I still can't sign into XMMP chat.

Cryptic / PWE, please look at my account and see if you can find out what's wrong and hopefully fix it so I can utilize this feature. It is one of the reasons (of many other reasons too) that I purchased a lifetime subscription so I'd really like to use it.

Thank you.
  • Options
    afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello,

I have set this up to the letter and can't sign into it. I think I have an account level problem. I can't sign into the game using my actual game account name, only my e-mail address, even though the password is correct and has even been reset. I am a lifetime member so I quality as a gold/paid account. This should be working. I've had friends who use it successfully with their accounts help me with the settings just to be sure ( and my settings were correct ) and I still can't sign into XMMP chat.

Cryptic / PWE, please look at my account and see if you can find out what's wrong and hopefully fix it so I can utilize this feature. It is one of the reasons (of many other reasons too) that I purchased a lifetime subscription so I'd really like to use it.

Thank you.

Try to connect to some other server using the client (like a general XMMP server or something), it could be a problem specific to your network connection.
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • Options
    firstcolumnfirstcolumn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello,

Thank you.

Experiencing the same issue here. Sent a ticket to support and they replied that my account "doesn't have a name." and that I'm supposed to log in with my email address. However, that doesn't seem to work with XMPP. I'm a silver member though (this might be an extra issue). I believe the issue at hand is with account without names.
  • Options
    masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone else problems receiving pm's on pidgin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Can we please get this enabled for silver account users free to play please..........pretty please!!!! Especially, for those silver that buy cstore stuff.
  • Options
    destroyer4316destroyer4316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please could Pidgin be used by those silver players that have gotten cstore item purchases in game. I'm free to play and would really like to use it for my fleet leadership role
  • Options
    saudaggelsaudaggel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    External chat for silver players would be nice. You could also add it to the C-Store for a fair price like the EC-limit unlock. I would pay 500-4000 Zen for that and there are probably more players that like this feature but don't want to pay lifetime/gold just for the chat :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

If your Account Name is an email address, substitute the "@ for a \40" (e.g. name\40name.com)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.