test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Feature Enabled for Gold Members! (Out-of-Game Chat via XMPP)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It is working fine for me. I have a merged Cryptic/PWE account. I use the PWE login name and password and it takes it.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I just got this to work with my Cryptic pass. As far as I can tell nothing changed on my side. I dont get it. Oh well, for now, YAY
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So, out of curiosity, is this feature still considered to be in beta? I mean, it's been working flawlessly for almost two years now.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yes, only gold accounts can use XMPP to chat with our in-game chat servers. :)

Any chance this can be put into the first post? I went silver last month and I've been trying for the last hour to get XMPP working, only to have 'Invalid XMPP ID' errors. If I had read earlier that it only works for Gold members I wouldn't have bothered.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Why hasn't the "Service Unavailable" issue been fixed for Fleet Chat channels yet? It worked for 2 days about a month ago, and hasn't worked since. This can't be hard to fix, what's the deal?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Alecto wrote: »
    Hey StormShade, I'm sorry I'm a little confused, where do I find this "Pidgin client"?

You say it's a IM program so I'm guessing I have to look for it externally, outside of the STO website right, so is it best to just Google it or is it linked into the site some where?

I read your entire post, I'm only realy familiar with MSN and Xfire, so I honestly thought the first place I look is "My Account" on the frontpage of the STO website, but I guess not.

EDIT: Is this what we need to download?

http://www.pidgin.im/download/

I know I've got a late reply here, but yes that would be the proper Pidgin. Pidgin is a multi-platform messaging client that can be used for everything from the original Battle.net to IRC to MSN and so on. It can now be used for STO.

There are many other clients out there that do the same thing, but I prefer Pidgin.

More info and links are (obviously) found on Wikipedia.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    kerithlan wrote:
    I know I've got a late reply here, but yes that would be the proper Pidgin. Pidgin is a multi-platform messaging client that can be used for everything from the original Battle.net to IRC to MSN and so on. It can now be used for STO.

There are many other clients out there that do the same thing, but I prefer Pidgin.

More info and links are (obviously) found on Wikipedia.

I would think that after 24 months he'd have the answer by now. You know, just a shot in the dark and all that.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

I got a question. Hiw can I join the normal fleet channel created by the game for my fleet?

Sincerely,

Kane184
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kane184 wrote: »
    Hi,

I got a question. Hiw can I join the normal fleet channel created by the game for my fleet?

Sincerely,

Kane184

It used to work with

holodeck!”fleet”@guilds.crypticspace.com

So if your fleet was "Superfleet"

holodeck!Superfleet@guilds.crypticspace.com
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

Sincerely,

Kane184

if you created a channel it would be the "ChannelName"@channels.crypticspace.com
    if your channel has a space it in substitute the space with a plus "+" sign.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    thanks

worked
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Since todays maintenance i can't acees my fleet channel. It says service not available.

All of the other channels I can still acess. I restarted pidgin and nothing changed. I even removed the channel and readded it afterwards. But still no change.

Does anyone have a solution for me?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Get Xabber on Android. Not only has it had all of these options for any sort of Jabber client since the summer of last year, it actually works and supports even more.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm using pidgin on a laptop with windows.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Since todays maintenance i can't acees my fleet channel. It says service not available.

All of the other channels I can still acess. I restarted pidgin and nothing changed. I even removed the channel and readded it afterwards. But still no change.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Is it a user created channel or the chat that's part of the fleet by default (green chat)?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    its the default channel (green)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    its the default channel (green)

It's something that Cryptic will need to check, fleet chat has been the most unreliable part of xmpp access.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I would think that after 24 months he'd have the answer by now. You know, just a shot in the dark and all that.

I didn't realize this topic had been around for two years, considering how relatively short it is and the fact that it is still an active topic. Thanks for the sass.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi There,

i'm looking for a good way to get fleet Information out of the system.

Now i checked out the XMPP Protokol and it work's fine for chat. private messages and guild/fleet chat etc...

But is there any way to fire commands like "/guid_info" or "/guild_who" from outside the game?

i really like to get a list of all current chars in our fleet without copy and paste them out of the game.
    Is there a way to??

The best way would be off course a php-api or a xml export via website like other games do.

Is there anything i can use for it (i'm sure many fleet leader will love to get such a feature)? :confused:

looking forward to hear from you.....

Selek
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi There,

i'm looking for a good way to get fleet Information out of the system.

Now i checked out the XMPP Protokol and it work's fine for chat. private messages and guild/fleet chat etc...

But is there any way to fire commands like "/guid_info" or "/guild_who" from outside the game?

i really like to get a list of all current chars in our fleet without copy and paste them out of the game.
    Is there a way to??

The best way would be off course a php-api or a xml export via website like other games do.

Is there anything i can use for it (i'm sure many fleet leader will love to get such a feature)? :confused:

looking forward to hear from you.....

Selek

This would be nice as I'm working on a project to link the chat with my Fleet's IRC room and being able to do stuff like this inside my project would be cool.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    another day. another problem.

since server down time yesterday i can't connect to the fleetchanel with Pidgin.
    private messages and chanels (channels.crypticspace.com) are no problem.

just if i try to connect to the fleet chanel (guilds.crypticspace.com) i got an error message.

if i search for rooms in guilds.crypticspace.com i found the correct one:
    holodeck!{fleetname here}

But i can't join! -> error message "service unavailable"

Is this a temporary problem?

can anyone confirm the problem?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I keep getting Not Authorized any ideas what's wrong
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    fleet chat works again for me.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The thread derailed somewhat, and my responses referred only to Tribble access. :)

Are there any plans to unlock XMPP access to the "silver premiums"/Silver Plus ((or whatever you call non-subscribers that have made cash purchase)) in the future? I use xmpp and love it, and was wondering if I am able to recommend it to my non subscriber friends, heck, might even be a way to tempt them to make the first cryptic points purchase, to dip their toes into it :P
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    seagoon wrote:
    I keep getting Not Authorized any ideas what's wrong

Are you subscribed?

regards,
    Mr. J
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi Folks,

I'm trying to set up my Non-in-game chat client, and I have followed the steps highlighted in the first post... But I keep getting a "Not Authorized" error... So help!?!?!

Have I missed a trick or a step?

Is the XMPP service down?

I have registered for the tribble server....

Thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Are you subscribed?

regards,
    Mr. J

yeah life time
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I am gettting this as well and im a sliver is it possable that they have turned it off or since perfect world took over the commies have cut us off
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    westtell4 wrote: »
    I am gettting this as well and im a sliver is it possable that they have turned it off or since perfect world took over the commies have cut us off

Let's not express too much hostility, from what I can tell the feature is gold only

I'd say we should just nicely ask that "Silver Plus" get it too :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The feature ONLY works for those who pay to play. Silver players from my understanding do not have access to the XMPP server.
    I was gold for a month and it was working fine. As soon as my account went back as silver I was cut off from the server.

So for those of you who are silver and want to use XMPP, go pay for a month.
This discussion has been closed.