test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Feature Enabled for Gold Members! (Out-of-Game Chat via XMPP)

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anybody know the magic required to get this working on a Windows RT Surface tablet ?

I have found this app in the store : http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/1e215c25-ddd0-4f8c-b62d-b2ad26a4f29e

But doesnt seem to do much yet.
  • Options
    emperordeslokemperordeslok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    anyone having problems getting this to behave? I used to use it no problem but now neither my phone(XABBER) or desktop (pidgin) want to conenct
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    anyone having problems getting this to behave? I used to use it no problem but now neither my phone(XABBER) or desktop (pidgin) want to conenct

pidgin is working fine for me. i havent done anything other than close/reopen since s9 went live.
  • Options
    borg7of10borg7of10 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Considering if the game wasn't so Buggy and broken I would
    have considered getting the Gold Membership but to be completely
    honest,since Cryptic doesn't even make any attempt to bother
    fixing anything in this game I think it would be a complete waste
    to pay the Overpriced amount that's being asked for to buy the
    Gold Membership besides why should anyone pay That for
    a Broken game that Devs don't even bother to remotely try to fix
    or even the so called Support in this game as they just never Bother
    reading a players Support Ticket they just see a support ticket waiting
    and not even bothering to read the ticket they just send you an Automated
    response that tells you something that doesn't even have anything to do
    with why you submitted your support ticket for in the first place .:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    borg7of10 wrote: »
    considering If The Game Wasn't So Buggy And Broken I Would
    Have Considered Getting The Gold Membership But To Be Completely
    Honest,since Cryptic Doesn't Even Make Any Attempt To Bother
    Fixing Anything In This Game I Think It Would Be A Complete Waste
    To Pay The Overpriced Amount That's Being Asked For To Buy The
    Gold Membership Besides Why Should Anyone Pay That For
    A Broken Game That Devs Don't Even Bother To Remotely Try To Fix
    Or Even The So Called Support In This Game As They Just Never Bother
    Reading A Players Support Ticket They Just See A Support Ticket Waiting
    And Not Even Bothering To Read The Ticket They Just Send You An Automated
    Response That Tells You Something That Doesn't Even Have Anything To Do
    With Why You Submitted Your Support Ticket For In The First Place .:rolleyes:

***Sprays Borg Flamer With Fire Extinguisher***

Now on the the Real Discussion...

It took me a couple of Tries to get the in-game chat set up with Pidgin, but that was because Pidgin did not like to Connects to the Game via XMPP and to another Site via IRC, I made the decisions to stick with the IRC and gave up on the XMPP because the App was fighting with it self... It did work fine before I added the IRC PRofile but I needed that more than In-game Chat, So I chose to remove the XMPP to avoid any more issues.

I did find it easy to Add this all as a Profile so it would auto connect ot the Rooms, so I wouldn't have to add the Rooms manually everytime... (2 Fleet Chats, and a Room used by Both Fleets)
  • Options
    sir00shawsir00shaw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jivedutch wrote: »
    Anybody know the magic required to get this working on a Windows RT Surface tablet ?

I have found this app in the store : http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/1e215c25-ddd0-4f8c-b62d-b2ad26a4f29e

But doesnt seem to do much yet.

you need to use the following with this app

username: <yourpefectworldaccountusername>@crypticspace.com
    password: <yourpassword>
    server address: CrypticSpace.com

Click on extended settings:
    Connect using SSL: ON
    Use old SSL Method: OFF
    Allow unencrypted authentication: ON
    Allow MD5 encrypted authentication: ON
    Allow SCRAM encrypted authentication: ON
    Enable connected standby: ON

I was able to connect and message using it today :-)

hope this helps.
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thnx SirSaw ... gonna test it when i get my hands on my tablet again ....

But looking at those settings, and reading todays news items , methinks there's gonna be some issues with the oncomming encryption of XMPP traffic in the post-snowden era
    The aim is to encrypt all traffic between servers and clients on the public, federated XMPP network.
    http://xmpp.org/2014/02/second-security-test-day/
    http://xmpp.org/2014/03/third-security-test-day/

https://xmpp.net/index.php <== test server protocol security & compatibility

http://blog.prosody.im/mandatory-encryption-on-xmpp-starts-today/
    http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Securing_XMPP
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    has anyone successfully logged pidgin in using the username@email.com style username?
    i can log in my oldschool 'username' account fine, but 'username@email.com' is being a pain.
    simply entering 'username@email.com' will result in a malformed entry.
    i saw the suggestion to wait for logoff and paste the resulting username 'code' that looks as such: '#1#48286182810002'. i tried using that and had no success. i tried using just the portion '48286182810002' and had no success. its seemingly not possible to login a newer account.
    anybody cracked this nut?
  • Options
    th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    has anyone successfully logged pidgin in using the username@email.com style username?
    i can log in my oldschool 'username' account fine, but 'username@email.com' is being a pain.
    simply entering 'username@email.com' will result in a malformed entry.
    i saw the suggestion to wait for logoff and paste the resulting username 'code' that looks as such: '#1#48286182810002'. i tried using that and had no success. i tried using just the portion '48286182810002' and had no success. its seemingly not possible to login a newer account.
    anybody cracked this nut?

Username is your @name ingame
    domain is crypticspace.com
    resource and local alias is the name you want displayed when you type in a channel

the connection only supports using your account @name as it is tied to the @cypticspace.com domain.
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    Username is your @name ingame
    domain is crypticspace.com
    resource and local alias is the name you want displayed when you type in a channel

the connection only supports using your account @name as it is tied to the @cypticspace.com domain.

thanks, that did the trick :)
    i dont know why i never thought to try something so obvious.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OK... I have it this setup for over a month now and it has been working great, up until today.

For some reason, it no longer see my fleet chat.

I can still chat with people who are on friends list. But when I tried going into my fleet's chat i get a message from Pidgin that Registration Required.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks.
  • Options
    sui2ksui2k Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    why is pidgin addin a / after crypticspace.com ?
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Has anyone had any luck getting Fleet Officer Chat to work? I've git regular Fleet Chat to work, as well as custom channels.

According to this post, using officer.crypticspace.com rather than guilds.crypticspace.com should work, but it does not for me.

Is this outdated information and it got broken along the way, or am I missing something else entirely?

EDIT: Problem Solved. Rather than type The\20Whole\20Fleet\20Name into the Conference Field, I Copy/Pasted it. Somewhere along the line, a space got added to the end. The app didn't like that. Too bad it wasn't smart enough to eliminate the space.

So, for the record, officer.crypticspace.com WORKS!!

Thanks.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a crazy issue with Pidgin.

How do I initiate an IM session with a user not in my buddy list?

I have tried double-clicking them in channel. That opens up an IM window but messages sent to them this way are not received.

I have tried right-clicking them in channel and left-clicking IM, but results as the same as double clicking them, the messages sent to them is not received.

I have tried /tell handle@crypticspace.com but that results in "unknown command."

I have also tried /msg handle@crypticspace.com, but that also results in "unknown command."

So, using the Pidgin client, just how do I properly start an IM/Tell session with a user that is not on my buddy/friend's list? What is the proper slash command and formatting for sending someone a /tell message?

Thanks in advance!
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's a Walking Dead thread.

Time to put it back in tha' gwound.

~Smirk
This discussion has been closed.