test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Feature Enabled for Gold Members! (Out-of-Game Chat via XMPP)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Fleet chat is bugged up again, at first my kdfs fleet chat said "service unavailable" now both say it, general chat channels still work though, but its a shame to be unable to into my fleet chats

P.S. Pidgin says unavailable, Trillian just crashes when i try to enter a fleet chat, though they still appear when i search for rooms on guilds.crypticspace.com
    edited April 2012
    forseto wrote: »
    Fleet chat is bugged up again, at first my kdfs fleet chat said "service unavailable" now both say it, general chat channels still work though, but its a shame to be unable to into my fleet chats

P.S. Pidgin says unavailable, Trillian just crashes when i try to enter a fleet chat, though they still appear when i search for rooms on guilds.crypticspace.com

change guilds.crypticspace.com to channels.crypticspace.com

for some reason the guilds subdomain is crashing pidgin.
    edited April 2012
    DjChrisX wrote:
    change guilds.crypticspace.com to channels.crypticspace.com

for some reason the guilds subdomain is crashing pidgin.

errr what good does that do? fleet chat is on guilds.crypticspace.com i am already on other channels that are not the fleet chat

Edit: Occurs to me I didn't explain that well, yes I am aware that channels.crypticspace.com is working fine and I can enter normal chat channels that way, the cross faction ones etc, the problem is that I can't join the fleet specific channels on guilds.crypticspace.com except for my supergroups channel on guilds.crypticspace.com, its just the fleet specific channels ((the "green" ones in game)) that aren't working
    edited April 2012
    forseto wrote: »
    I'd say we should just nicely ask that "Silver Plus" get it too :D

Agreed. PWI cards are easy for me to get, but subscribing sadly isn't an option for me.
    edited April 2012
    Fleet chat is back! woo! and ya, for the sake of my friends and people I see here like cyberfoxx, a silver plus/cryptic points option for xmpp would be awesome
    edited April 2012
    Welp, try as I might I'm unable to connect. I'm a Lifer whom has two characters on Tribble. I'm using Pidgin 2.7.11, I've tried following the steps in the first post and when that didn't work, connecting the the crypticspace.com IP directly.

Got as far as accepting the certificate, then 'Not Authorized', any ideas?'
    edited May 2012
    I can't connect either, though I'm not a paying subscriber. But if a lifetime subscriber is unable to connect, are we sure that's really the issue? I don't know, I'm just asking.
    edited May 2012
    Gicker wrote: »
    I can't connect either, though I'm not a paying subscriber. But if a lifetime subscriber is unable to connect, are we sure that's really the issue? I don't know, I'm just asking.

it seems random, I am silver plus at this point, as are other people I know as well as golds and lifers. All seem to have mixed results with this. I get the not authorized message, whereas another silver plus I know can connect just fine (that have never been gold).
    edited May 2012
    I am using PIDGIN Jabber client to access fleet chat on holodeck out of game and it CANNOT CONNECT to the fleet chat for the FEDERATION faction of our fleet, however it is ABLE TO CONNECT to the fleet chat for the KLINGON faction of our our fleet. Is there something wrong we get "service unavailable" just for the Federation Fleet Chat. It was working previously have logs to show it and I made no changes to the client. Is this a known issue? II have been checking the configuration info and it has not changed since it was working.

[System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,339,980.
    edited May 2012
    I am gold and was using it before, now it won't let me logon even though i am still gold, constantly says "not authorized"
    edited May 2012
    Whoa... I just connected. First time trying after the 'issues' that Cryptic had with accounts not long ago.

Maybe is was the password reset that did the trick?

EDIT: Aww, too excited too soon. Whenever I try to connect to channels.crypticspace.com I get an XML Parse Error.

Though guilds.crypticspace.com is working wonderfully!

So, I'm making progress which is fantastic.
    edited May 2012
    Ok just to clear some confusing things up as I have seen both answers in browsing this thread, XMPP: Is it available for Silver users to STO.
    If it is what do we have to do to get it to work?
    If not PLEASE make a sticky letting players know this so there IS a dedicated response to this question.

Thanks
    Jason
    edited May 2012
    Ya, its absolutely not working for me anymore, Pidgin says "not authorized" trillian says wrong password, However I know it's the correct password, otherwise I would not be posting here :P
    edited May 2012
    Hi,

For at least 2 weeks now I cannot get Pidgin to connect to any of my Fleet chat channels.

It was working.
    It can connect to other chat channels on STO, but just not my Fleet ones!

Pidgin is also showing when my Friends are online and I can successfully chat with them direct as well.

I am a Gold member, and I have tried this on multiple PCs from multiple locations where everything was working before.
    edited May 2012
    Got it working again, if anybody else who did have it working has it stop working ((not authorized)), just change your password to anything else and it will all work again
    edited May 2012
    Mine is working again.

Did nothing, it just started authenticating :)

Hopefully everyone else's is working as well
    edited May 2012
    I have been trying for months and months to get this to work on several different clients, and it always says "Not Authorized". I'm signed up for Tribble and Reshirt. I have characters on both and play them regularly. I have changed passwords and every other suggestion made I can find, and still NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!! I am a Lifer and my friend just went gold from F2P and can access it with no problems at all. Please, I beg you someone help me with this!!!! I'm about to pull my hair out!!!!
    edited June 2012
    One of my Fleet chats has stopped working again, but the other three continue to work! :(
    edited June 2012
    I can PM and talk in the Guild chat, channels is working at the moment too, it would seem!
    edited June 2012
    the XMPP works fine. Just make sure you setup it up correctly with the instructions. Tho Half the fleet chars are effed up. I would suggest making a channel for your fleets to all talk in. and put a + inbetween words if your room has a space in it. For example from making the account to getting into the rooms:

This is on account adding on Pidgin which I use for XMPP chat and most of my chats.

Username <~~~ Cryptic/PWE account name
    Domain: crypticspace.com
    Reource: This is the name you want to be known as. You will show up as that name for ex: "Newname@accountname"
    Password <~~~~ Cryptic/pwe Account password

Now for the chat part of it. Alot of times looking for the room names won't work, Even looking under guilds.crypticspace.com you will see the Fleet room names and alot of times it will not work. I excepted this fate. I made channels that me and my friends can talk under. For example, I will use my channel for the example

Go to join a Chat, Click the account you want (Xmpp Whatever@crypticspace.com)

Room: Mass+Chaos (this is Mass Chaos in game, You need to put the + in replacement of a space between words)
    Server: guilds.crypticspace.com
    handle: This doesnt seem to matter it never changes a thing.
    Password: IF your channel has a password.

Now, As for Silver/ Gold/ Lifetime
    Silver accounts I have NOT been able to get working.
    Gold accounts have worked AS LONG as the sub is active, it died the moment they went back to silver
    Lifetime Works fine.

This has been Tested by me and a few friends. The moment they reverted to Silver it died on them with the "not authorized" error.

Hopefully this helps some confusion

Dear Cryptic,
    Please fix your XMPP chat servers so we can connect continuously with our fleets and stabily. It is a Brilliant feature alot of us enjoy (that have access to it)
    edited June 2012

This is on account adding on Pidgin which I use for XMPP chat and most of my chats.

Username <~~~ Cryptic/PWE account name In my case this is my email so it's name@provider.net
    Reource: This is the name you want to be known as. You will show up as that name for ex: "Newname@accountname"

I have all this in perfectly. Could the error have something to do with my Username being an email address?

If I use name and leave off the @provider.net portion I get "Not Authorized" and I use the whole email I get "Invalid XMPP ID".

I'm still at a loss as to why this isn't working for me.
    edited June 2012
    Odecius wrote:

Username <~~~ Cryptic/PWE account name In my case this is my email so it's name@provider.net

I have all this in perfectly. Could the error have something to do with my Username being an email address?

If I use name and leave off the @provider.net portion I get "Not Authorized" and I use the whole email I get "Invalid XMPP ID".

I'm still at a loss as to why this isn't working for me.

I am not sure as I have an Actual Log in name, I don't have an email prefix attached to it. Unfortunately someone else who uses XMPP that has a email prefix.
    edited June 2012
    Annoyingly I can see what Fleet members and Friends are online, and I can see Fleet chat for 3 of 5 fleets and can only get some general chat channels!

Very inconsistent!!

With S6 coming, having XMPP working properly would really help keep in contact and chat with Fleet mates when out of game.

Please can one of the Dev take a look into this?
    I know you are all busy, but with everything leading to Fleet togetherness, this would really help.
    edited June 2012
    I'm using Miranda IM and it is working good so far.
    Solved some problems i had with it (autogenerating contact-groups), but i haven't figured out yet, how to add chat channels to the interface (or open them).
    If someone could help me here, it would me much appreciated.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Is this working for people with PWE linked accounts now? I was able to logon to Tribble with the new account and I haven't been *unlogged* out of Pidgin yet since the switchover.

Edit: Other users have been able to use Pidgin since merging to PWE account.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • iamnotxdevnulliamnotxdevnull Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a silver account and get the "Not Authorized."

They should really put that in the notes that silver accounts can't use the service (I have linked my cryptic account with a pwe account). I fiddled with it for a while before I read the above note put there by a user.
  • dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a silver account and get the "Not Authorized."

They should really put that in the notes that silver accounts can't use the service (I have linked my cryptic account with a pwe account). I fiddled with it for a while before I read the above note put there by a user.

Well, it all falls back to Tribble used to be only available to subs. then they let F2P on and never updated anything.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I haven't been able to log in to my fleet chat via XMPP for three weeks now. I get the error "Service Unavailable". I can log in to global channels like DOffCalls just fine.
  • prynnceprynnce Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    mattachine wrote: »
    I haven't been able to use this since I linked my account. What gives?

PLEASE FIX XMPP/JABBER FLEET CHAT!!!! Cryptic PLEASE!!! I will be eternally happy.......and give you all my ORION SLAVE GIRLS!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.